From 12/14/2008 to 01/12/2009
- 04:40 PM Bug #3743: undefined value error when submitting dataset with data file using registry
- A parameter was getting mistakenly read twice from the writeFile method. Shaun committed fix.
- 04:31 PM Bug #3743 (Resolved): undefined value error when submitting dataset with data file using registry
- When submitting a data set with an attached data file, a blank screen is returned. The apache error log has:
- 04:33 PM Revision 4742 (metacat): only shift once; fix typo in writeFile
- 03:22 PM Bug #3720: uninitialized value error when trying to create new login account on dev
- Fixed by making ldapweb.cgi match the current properties used by Metacat.
- 01:33 PM Bug #1552: Dependence of NCEAS registry on Admin database
- A number of changes to the AdminDB and the registry make this connection more reliable, and the error cases are well ...
- 01:28 PM Bug #3742 (New): Improve UI for selecting projects for NCEAS skin
- The existing UI for the NCEAS project listing is difficult to use, it contains (as of this writing) 539 projects and ...
- 12:33 PM Bug #3741: Can't redirect to registry page on dev server
- When missing any of the properties needed to connect to the AdminDB, the script failed. Fixed in r4761.
- 11:36 AM Bug #3741 (Resolved): Can't redirect to registry page on dev server
- I have the following problem on dev only. It works on my local dev system ...
When going to the registry site at:...
- 12:32 PM Revision 4741 (metacat): Fix issue with missing AdminDB parameters causing the registry script to fail (Bug #3741)
- 10:08 AM Bug #3731: Registering dataset via register-dataset.cgi fails with data file
- The system was checking the xml_access table for user permissions for new online files.
Changed the 2.1.0 EML Sax ha...
- 10:07 AM Bug #3732: Sitemap test is failing
- The sitemap file was being read into a 1024 byte buffer in the test case. Once the sitemap was greater than 1024, th...
- 03:30 PM Revision 4739 (metacat): standardize registry debug messages with 'Registry:' prefix
- 02:37 PM Revision 4738 (metacat): Further fixes for allowing editing with otherEntity objects, completed deserialization and copying of file metadata from existing data objects (Bug #3319). Still needs more work.
- 12:28 PM Bug #3726: Help links do not work on NCEAS registry skin
- Typo was preventing template from rendering correctly, fixes in r4737.
- 12:27 PM Revision 4737 (metacat): fix typo preventing guide pages from showing (Bug #3726)
- 12:13 PM Bug #3736 (Closed): Remove confirmation message and reference to KNB on default search
- 09:48 AM Revision 4735 (metacat): The test was failing because it was reading the sitemap file into a buffer and the limit was being reached. Used the FileUtil string reader to get the file.
- 09:45 AM Revision 4734 (metacat): Move the logMetacat global
- 09:41 AM Revision 4733 (metacat): Only check user permissions for online data if the data already exists.
- 08:53 AM Bug #3732 (Resolved): Sitemap test is failing
- The sitemap junit test fails because it does not find a file that should be there. It looks like the file is not wri...
- 04:27 PM Bug #3731 (Resolved): Registering dataset via register-dataset.cgi fails with data file
- When registering a data set, if a file is attached, the following error is returned:
User tried to update an acces...
- 10:17 AM Bug #3728: Can't run advanced search in default skin
- The AdvancedSearchServlet was caching the system context before the configuration utility was run. If the user went ...
- 08:13 AM Bug #3728: Can't run advanced search in default skin
- Note, the comments originally added were from Duane C
- 08:12 AM Bug #3728 (Resolved): Can't run advanced search in default skin
- I did get a lot farther with the rc7 source distribution. I was able to install it on linux and get through the confi...
- 10:13 AM Revision 4732 (metacat): Get the metacat url from the SystemUtil.
- 08:44 AM Bug #3730 (New): Implement an isRequired field in the configuration metadata
- Add a field to tell if a configuration field is required so metacat can verify on the browser side at submit time.
- 08:32 AM Bug #3729 (Resolved): Add admin names as dropdown in configuration login
- Currently the user has to type in the full distinguished admin name to log in using ldap.
Instead, it would be nic...
- 04:37 PM Bug #3727: Registering dataset via register-dataset.cgi returns a blank page
- The nceas skin had debug on by default. If permissions are not set correctly on the temporary directory, the system ...
- 04:35 PM Revision 4731 (metacat): Don't die if the xml-debug file can't be written to the temporary directory. Instead, write a warning. Include the directions for making the temporary dir writable to the apache user in documentation.
- 02:39 PM Bug #3727 (Resolved): Registering dataset via register-dataset.cgi returns a blank page
- The Apache error log has the following error:
Registry: Initialized -- stage set: confirmed
- 02:36 PM Bug #3726 (Resolved): Help links do not work on NCEAS registry skin
- the "(What's this?) links do not work on the NCEAS skin.
Apache error log has the following error:
Use of unini...
- 02:30 PM Bug #3725 (Resolved): Can't add new ldap account via ldapweb.cgi
- When trying to add an ldap account, we get a "modifications require authentication" message.
The password has be...
- 12:34 PM Bug #2566: need to set filename for download files
- <below is copied from a recent email discussing the bug>
Bug resolved, with two outstanding issues:
- The metadata ...
- 12:29 PM Bug #3721: Some empty EML elements cause validator to fail
- Registry wasn't validating inputs for either data medium or usage rights. With the stricter requirements of EML 2.1, ...
- 12:26 PM Bug #3721: Some empty EML elements cause validator to fail
- Image of the completed form used by Chooyan to generate the EML SAX validation error.
- 12:28 PM Revision 4730 (metacat): Include error checking for required distribution elements, which must be non-empty strings in EML 2.1 (bug #3721).
- 10:28 AM Revision 4729 (metacat): Add back the auth.base variable to metacat.properties. Use this variable when creating ldap distinguished name.
- 10:19 AM Bug #3720: uninitialized value error when trying to create new login account on dev
- Updated ldapweb.cgi with proper properties definitions, is correctly generating pages but still needs further testing...
- 10:17 AM Revision 4728 (metacat): Update properties usage to be correct, use proper LDAP URL, move template function higher up to prevent prototyped subroutine definition issues.
- 08:20 AM Bug #3718: toolRef.model.getSRS error in console when rendering map
- Firefox? IE? Does it prevent the map from rendering?
- 01:52 PM Bug #3720: uninitialized value error when trying to create new login account on dev
- It looks like the ldapweb.cgi hasn't been updated for the most recent round of properties changes, and needs to have ...
- 11:35 AM Bug #3372: Integrate perl token replacement changes into token_replacement branch
- Token replacement has been completed, and is stable with the changes made for 1.9. A single set of Java properties a...
- 11:24 AM Bug #3721 (Resolved): Some empty EML elements cause validator to fail
- Some elements have to be populated if they exist in the doc. The registry currently creates them as empty elements a...
- 10:10 AM Bug #3719: $principal error when trying to register dataset.
- Uncommitted code in local copy checked in (r4726).
- 03:24 PM Bug #3720 (Resolved): uninitialized value error when trying to create new login account on dev
- After submitting the information to create a new login account on dev, the next page has no information (skin frames ...
- 01:50 PM Revision 4726 (metacat): Update moderators element to current token, fix undefined variable in ESA logic.
- 01:30 PM Bug #3719 (Resolved): $principal error when trying to register dataset.
- Hey Shaun, Can you help me look at this one? I get this in the apache error log when I try to register a dataset (tr...
- 10:13 AM Bug #3718 (Rejected): toolRef.model.getSRS error in console when rendering map
- When rendering a skin with a map, the following error shows up in the console.
Error: toolRef.model.getSRS is not ...
- 08:18 AM Bug #3686: Skins configuration files need to be secured
- added security-constraint sections to web.xml to restrict web access to *.cfg and *.properties files.
- 08:16 AM Revision 4725 (metacat): Try to create the backup directories before creating th ebackup files.
- 08:15 AM Revision 4724 (metacat): add security constraint sections to disallow access to *.cfg and *.properties files.
- 08:14 AM Revision 4723 (metacat): Add a section for skins testing
- 05:34 PM Revision 4722 (metacat): Add script for converting documents with docnames into the filename stored within the objectName field of the EML. This, along with changes in the 1.9 release should eliminate incorrect filenames (Bug #2566).
- 01:29 PM Bug #3686: Skins configuration files need to be secured
- We need to disallow web access. Apache deny rule?
- 09:23 AM Bug #3712: Allow for customization of backup directory location
- added a screen to choose the backup file location. Added discovery code to look in a system dir and user dir for exi...
- 09:22 AM Bug #3715: cgi links do not work on dev
- Changed the permissions of the cgi files to be executable by all. Updated the documentation accordingly.
- 09:21 AM Bug #3711: Create ANT install target for source distribution install
- changed dev-install target to install
- 04:35 PM Revision 4720 (metacat): change dev-install target to be install target
- 04:33 PM Revision 4719 (metacat): Create a propertyService.getTestInstance method to facilitate unit tests
- 04:31 PM Revision 4718 (metacat): change metacatconfigure.html to metacat-configure.html
- 04:31 PM Revision 4717 (metacat): Add image for backup directory configuration screen
- 04:30 PM Revision 4716 (metacat): Add source build instructions
- 04:30 PM Revision 4715 (metacat): change metacatconfigure.html to metacat-configure.html
- 01:25 PM Revision 4714 (metacat): Add backup configuration page
- 01:23 PM Revision 4713 (metacat): comment out temp-dir property
- 01:22 PM Revision 4712 (metacat): Add external (backup) directory discovery methods.
- 01:22 PM Revision 4711 (metacat): Remove org configuration methods since they are not used. Get the backup configuration directories when doing a bypass. Implement the refresh method.
- 01:20 PM Revision 4710 (metacat): This service now holds a registry of active services. Refreshing of services must go through this class. Also holds some common values that are discovered via servlet context.
- 01:18 PM Revision 4709 (metacat): Implement refresh methods inherited from base class
- 01:17 PM Revision 4708 (metacat): Remove the configuration directory from the PropertyService constructor
- 01:16 PM Revision 4707 (metacat): Do not worry about creating backup directories here
- 01:16 PM Revision 4706 (metacat): Use configured backup dir when discovering data directories
- 01:15 PM Revision 4705 (metacat): Do not worry about creating backup directories here
- 01:14 PM Revision 4704 (metacat): Handle backup configuration action
- 01:13 PM Revision 4703 (metacat): Class to support backup directory configuration
- 01:11 PM Revision 4702 (metacat): Deleted this file. Organization level configuration is not used.
- 01:11 PM Revision 4701 (metacat): Renamed MetaCatUtil to MetacatUtil
- 01:10 PM Revision 4700 (metacat): Renamed MetaCatUtil to MetacatUtil
- 01:09 PM Revision 4699 (metacat): Renamed MetaCatUtil to MetacatUtil
- 01:07 PM Revision 4698 (metacat): Renamed MetaCatUtil to MetacatUtil
- 01:05 PM Revision 4697 (metacat): Removed extra %> that showed up on page
- 01:04 PM Revision 4696 (metacat): Added backup directory properties
- 11:49 AM Bug #3715 (Resolved): cgi links do not work on dev
- Cannot connect to cgi login or registry pages on dev. We get an "Internal Server Error" message
- 09:50 AM Bug #3713: Database Upgrade/Install' utility detected database version 1.6.0 for 1.8.1 db
- Code to look at db indexes was converting table name to upper case. The caller should decide the case of the table n...
- 03:13 PM Bug #2566: need to set filename for download files
- Data file from morpho is using object name as docname in metacat.
- 03:03 PM Bug #3701: Metacat will reject updated eml210 document if there is not rev 1 on it.
- After disucssion with Matt and Mike, we decided morpho should use "INSERT" rather than "UPDATE" if there is no same i...
- 01:49 PM Revision 4694 (metacat): change db script description to run against metacat user instead of postgres user.
- 12:12 PM Revision 4693 (metacat): Moved cvsroot property up in the file since it is one that may need to be updated by developers.
- 12:11 PM Revision 4692 (metacat): Added files to create any version of database schema from scratch
- 12:10 PM Revision 4691 (metacat): Add section on what to do if db scripts fail during configuration utility
- 12:10 PM Revision 4690 (metacat): File describing how to run database scripts manually
- 12:09 PM Revision 4689 (metacat): fix internal link to postgres section
- 12:09 PM Revision 4688 (metacat): Add a section on testing against different db schema versions
- 12:08 PM Revision 4687 (metacat): Add information on CVS anonymous account
- 10:41 AM Bug #3695: Confiugration throws error if db user is left blank
- Moved the db connection credential initialization into the constructor of DBConnection so they are read every time a ...
- 09:44 AM Revision 4686 (metacat): Move global connection variable setters into the constructor so they are retrieved every time we get a new dbConnetion object
- 06:18 PM Bug #3084: Need to be able to set filenames on data uploads
- Fixed in r4685, see related comments in #2566.
- 06:15 PM Bug #2566: need to set filename for download files
- Further fixes applied in r4685.
The FGDC special case still needs handling, pending discussion of the doctype used ...
- 06:13 PM Revision 4685 (metacat): Robustly handle file naming as per bug #2566 and the feedback of the scientific programmers (http://tinyurl.com/4n4jve).
- 04:14 PM Revision 4684 (metacat): revert the changes for: -- On update, check if the accession number exists in the db. If not, change the action to insert.
- 02:49 PM Revision 4683 (metacat): Quote filenames as per RFC2616 (http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec19.html#sec19.5.1), this prevents filename truncation on Firefox for files with spaces within the names (part of #2566).
- 02:14 PM Revision 4682 (metacat): On update, check if the accession number exists in the db. If not, change the action to insert.
- 10:38 AM Bug #3689: bad username in admin login throws stack trace
- this error is caught and reported to the browser.
- 10:27 AM Bug #3701: Metacat will reject updated eml210 document if there is not rev 1 on it.
- Can't reproduce this after release candidate 4. Going to ask jing to try and reproduce it.
- 10:11 AM Bug #3697: docid of online element not written to the xml_access table
- Reworked the EML201SaxHandler to compile all inline elements.
- 04:35 PM Bug #3713 (Resolved): Database Upgrade/Install' utility detected database version 1.6.0 for 1.8.1 db
- We've seen this before. The upgrade utility is case sensitive when looking at postgres db metadata. We put a fix in...
- 04:31 PM Bug #3712 (Resolved): Allow for customization of backup directory location
- Right now the backup location defaults to /var/metacat/.metacat on linux/mac and C:\metacat\.metacat on windows. Thi...
- 04:28 PM Bug #3711 (Resolved): Create ANT install target for source distribution install
- Migrate the dev-install target to be an install target. Upgrade any relevant documentation.
- 03:43 PM Bug #3710 (New): apt-get couldn't install metacat
- I followed the instruction on Mike's email to install metacat in naples.nceas.ucsb.edu, which is a 64-bit machine:
- 03:41 PM Bug #3709: Make inline access control more robust
- Added the inline data checking to the 2.1.0 unit tests and to the EML210SaxHandler. All unit tests succeed.
- 09:29 AM Bug #3709 (Resolved): Make inline access control more robust
- Right now metacat does not do a good job of checking inline data access when updating a document. It pretty much all...
- 02:18 PM Revision 4680 (metacat): Added EML 2.1.0 test cases.
- 02:17 PM Revision 4679 (metacat): Change Inline to be inline in the test eml. Added debug statements.
- 02:17 PM Revision 4678 (metacat): Use a distributionSection object to hold a distribution and it's access.
- 02:15 PM Revision 4677 (metacat): move readerToString function to StringUtil class in utilities module.
- 02:14 PM Revision 4676 (metacat): Holds all the information for a single distribution in eml.
- 02:14 PM Revision 4675 (metacat): Change Inlinedatafilename to datafilename, since it can be the name of a regular data file
- 09:59 AM Bug #3701 (Resolved): Metacat will reject updated eml210 document if there is not rev 1 on it.
- Hi, Mike:
I have some issue in saving eml to metacat 1.9.0 release candidate. If i work a eml on morpho, see i cre...
Also available in: Atom