From 09/28/2011 to 10/27/2011
- 10:23 PM Bug #3815: Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- Using the Java MetacatClient API to insert a document with & also worked fine (no additional encoding of the & sy...
- 08:23 PM Bug #3815: Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- Using the dev skin to load an XML document with an ampersand encoded as: & kept the character intact. To me, this...
- 07:41 PM Bug #5054: Unable to insert large EML documents and no error status returned
- On first inspection, it appears that the request is coming into Metacat with no parameters set when I use the dev ski...
- 07:00 PM Bug #5273: docs with inline-data allow invalid xml into metacat
- I tried this with the attached inline.xml file that has an invalid unescaped ampersand in the inline section -- Metac...
- 06:58 PM Bug #5273: docs with inline-data allow invalid xml into metacat
- This file uses unescaped ampersand (&) in the inline data section.
- 04:05 PM Bug #5515: change version to 2.0.0 in prep for release
- updated docs and the source tree to use tomcat6 rather than tomcat5.5
- 01:30 PM Bug #3811: Spatial caches should be backed up and restored
- If someone wants to put the spatial cache in /var/metacat they will have to do it manually, then configure metacat (w...
- 01:01 PM Bug #2084: Pathquery support for temporal search on date fields
- Will exercise this during testing for release.
- 06:59 PM Bug #5520 (Resolved): Create replication integration test suite
- Replication integration tests should include:
-force replication between two servers -- A, B (write, update, delete)...
- 06:31 PM Bug #5519 (Resolved): Replicated data files are 0 bytes
- We set up 2-way replication between PPBio and PELD (Brazilian Metacat instances) and have since seen that the replica...
- 04:30 PM Bug #2084: Pathquery support for temporal search on date fields
- This should be in 2.0.0 since it is already in the trunk. The upgrade script is the only thing I am worried about -- ...
- 04:11 PM Bug #5262: EML document owner can't read the document
- Probably solution is to use Java's canonicalization routines to normalize the DN, as Ben has done on the DataONE DNs....
- 03:59 PM Bug #5244: ldapweb.cgi shouldn't report ou=Account accounts since they're unusable
- Need to check with Shaun if this is actually fixed.
- 03:54 PM Bug #4651: data packages losing data tables (and then finding them again)
- Unable to replicate. Please reopen if more details emerge.
- 03:48 PM Bug #4442: Spatial indexing should not run and block metacat
- Related to bug #3811.
- 03:47 PM Bug #5518 (In Progress): Track down the performance issue of metacat query.
- Matt queried knb with the word "water". It took one minute and half. We need to figured out why it so slow.
- 03:46 PM Bug #3811: Spatial caches should be backed up and restored
- Decided that its best to move these files to /var/metacat by default.
- 03:44 PM Bug #5234: Replication -- user does not have permission to update access rule for data file
- In v1.9.5 we use a null replication user to perform replication (rather than the user_owner from the xml_documents ta...
- 03:17 PM Bug #4900: LDAP referral connection timeout
- Decided that #3 is not feasible since accounts may be in groups defined on various LDAP servers.
- 01:20 PM Bug #5517 (Resolved): mark EcoGrid and Servlet APIs as deprecated
- EcoGrid and Servlet APIs in metacat are being replaced (gradally) by the DataONE services. Mark these older APIs as ...
- 01:19 PM Bug #5516 (Resolved): continue updating user documentation
- Documentation needs editing to describe new 2.0.0 features, including support for new DataONE APIs, deprecation of ol...
- 01:15 PM Bug #5515 (Resolved): change version to 2.0.0 in prep for release
- To prepare for the release, change te version number to 2.0.0 for all documentation, including README, Sphinx docs, etc.
- 01:01 PM Bug #5288: Metacat got "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space" after new geoserver update
- Not sure if there is an action here. Maybe add this information to the Metacat documentation/faq?
- 12:47 PM Bug #4083: Metacat doesn't declare XML document encoding
- I think these encoding issues have been fixed by Ben in trunk, but we need to discuss it to see if anything further n...
- 12:38 PM Bug #1601: Metacat will add default value for optional parameter into eml 2 document
- Marking as complete, because the read problem is fixed based on now reading original from disk. The insert problem i...
- 12:34 PM Bug #4275: Earthgrid REST API Implementation
- Task now being handled via #5011 DataONE service API implementation. This original work on interfaces has been obsol...
- 12:17 PM Bug #5514: implement DataONE service API
- Duplicate bug to #5011.
- 12:15 PM Bug #5514 (Resolved): implement DataONE service API
- Support the new DataONE service API for interoperable data repositories:
- 12:10 PM Bug #5513 (Resolved): add support for DOI identifiers from EZID
- DOI identifiers can be created through the EZID service run by the California Digital Library. See:
- 04:06 PM Bug #5499: citation format odd for metacat data sets
- There isn't a community standard as far as I know. There are people working on proposing such a standard (DataCite, ...
- 06:22 PM Bug #5499: citation format odd for metacat data sets
- Inclusion of the institution seems appropriate for a dataset citation. Granted, it is not in journal article citatio...
- 07:39 PM Bug #5497: metacat accepts eml docs that fail knb parser
- This sample EML document is using single quotes around the EML namespace (which should be valid) but Metacat was only...
Also available in: Atom