From 01/01/2013 to 01/30/2013
- 10:17 AM Bug #5837 (Rejected): Strings
- Source is infested with hard-coded strings, many duplicated. Should be resources.
- 10:16 AM Bug #5836 (New): Logs
- Logs are kind of a mess, mixing multiple logging object types along with System.* output. Metacat has its own log dir...
- 09:44 AM Bug #5835 (New): Leaks
- There are significant memory leaks that will eventually hang or kill the application server if metacat is restarted w...
- 05:14 PM Bug #5833 (Closed): Temporary files aren't
- Detritus accumulates in the 'temporary' directory. Output files generated by read requests may persist for the lifeti...
- 04:49 PM Bug #5832 (Closed): Old libraries
- Most or all of the libraries used by Metacat are substantially out of date; many are deprecated or unsupported.
- 03:05 PM Bug #5830 (New): Deployment directory incorrect
- Metacat stores its deployment directory in metacat.properties, where the value can lose sync with the actual deployme...
- 02:58 PM Bug #5828 (New): docids not validated
- Externally provided document identifiers are not always checked for syntax (e.g. multipart-form submission) and produ...
- 10:42 PM Bug #5516: continue updating user documentation
- Spoke with Gastil -- we're good for this round of edits.
- 04:04 PM Bug #5816: REST for Lucene index
- Not needed; SOLR/D1 interface only
- 03:36 PM Task #5822 (Resolved): Enforce access control for SOLR-based search implementation
- Ensure that search results are filtered for clients access permissions.
- 02:13 PM Bug #5821: Allow certificate-based Metacat administration
- We could probably have the LDAP and certificate-based auth schemes coexist for some time. Would take some doing in th...
- 02:12 PM Bug #5821 (New): Allow certificate-based Metacat administration
- As we move toward the DataONE API where the MN does not provide identity and authorization services, perhaps the Meta...
- 01:55 PM Task #5820 (Resolved): Incorporate DataONE indexing
- Have Lucene/SOLR indexing follow DataONE schema, ideally incorporating D1 code directly.
- 01:55 PM Task #5819 (Resolved): MN query for SOLR
- Make SOLR available via DataONE MN query interface
- 01:54 PM Bug #5818 (Resolved): SOLR deployment on Lucene index
- Enable optional deployment of SOLR interface to Lucene index
- 01:54 PM Bug #5817 (Resolved): MN query for Lucene index
- Make Lucene index available via DataONE MN query interface
- 01:54 PM Bug #5816 (Resolved): REST for Lucene index
- Make Lucene index available via REST
- 01:54 PM Bug #5815 (Resolved): Integrate Lucene indexing
- Add a Lucene index and query interface for metacat docs.
- 12:51 PM Bug #5814 (Resolved): Test CILogon-to-LDAP account mapping utility
- The "dataone" skin includes an account mapping utility that allows you to simultaneously login to Metacat using your ...
- 12:44 PM Bug #195: allow metacat to store files on multiple fs
- Multiple directories in the same fs should also be supported. See the duplicate bug #5813 for details.
- 12:43 PM Bug #5813: Partition document storage on filesystem
- This is a dupluciate of the longstanding bug #195.
- 12:35 PM Bug #5813 (Resolved): Partition document storage on filesystem
- There has been concern that ALL xml documents and revisions are saved into a single directory on the filesystem. Ther...
- 12:30 PM Bug #5812 (Closed): Rework default skin[s] to use SOLR query
- The default skin should showcase the speed and easy of use of the SOLR query implementation. We really want this as a...
- 12:28 PM Story #5811 (Closed): Redesign KNB look and feel
- Not necessarily a "Metacat" bug, but we will likely want to include the KNB skin in Metacat with an updated look and ...
- 12:26 PM Feature #5810 (Closed): Implement SOLR-based search
- This will be an implementation of the DataONE MNQuery() methods.
- 12:25 PM Bug #2792: KNB home link needed on the Map Page
- We should include this in the overall redesign
- 12:13 PM Bug #2986: No need for restart tomcat after modifying metacat.properties
- I don't think this is possible since the properties in metacat.properties control everything. Say we changed the DB i...
- 12:09 PM Bug #2690: Fully document the spatial option
- We have a section about using it and one about configuring it. Plus all the Geoserver docs are applicable for advance...
- 12:06 PM Bug #5176: Configuration to disable writing/updating/deleting function on metacat, but allow reading/querying
- We can't really do this since we need to log all activity even if it is read-only activity.
- 12:05 PM Bug #3397: metacat needs server side sort mechanism
- This should come with the SOLR implementation.
- 11:58 AM Bug #2985: Expand public access flag to the whole ACL
- You can access the complete ACL through both the Metacat API and the DataONE SystemMetadata. This should have been cl...
- 11:56 AM Bug #1984: add support for LSID identifiers
- Agreed. LSIDs are dead. We need to maintain our ability to find existing content from the ESA skin based on its LSI...
- 11:52 AM Bug #1984: add support for LSID identifiers
- Given our D1 API and DOI support, I believe we have gone a different direction with this. Please comment then close.
- 11:49 AM Bug #2190: Metacat Spatial Option Admin Page
- We expose all of Geoserver as a standalone webapp that can be customized to the sky. This was done as part of the 2.0...
- 11:45 AM Bug #5518: Track down the performance issue of metacat query.
- Moving this along with the 2.1 bugs because we are still supporting old Metacat query. We do want people to start usi...
- 11:43 AM Bug #5522: download linked KNB data and convert links in EML to ORE packages
- Are we committed to doing this? LTER was going to be a major source for new data, but perhaps plans have changed. Rev...
- 11:41 AM Bug #5513: add support for DOI identifiers from EZID
- We still haven't done everything in that "decision" list -- should also revisit it.
- 11:38 AM Bug #5516: continue updating user documentation
- Gastil, are there any more modifications you want to get into the user docs? Thanks!
- 02:12 PM Revision 7486 (metacat): make sure serial version is included or set on MN.update().
- 04:52 PM Bug #5772: Initial install broken if default data/backup directory unavailable
- Currently fixed by correcting the initial-value test in ConfigurableProperties.initialize and re-initializing at the ...
- 04:39 PM Revision 7481 (metacat): remove duplicate cgi-bin part in path to create account
- 04:23 PM Revision 7480 (metacat): Quick fix for bad handling of non-default data/backup directories.
- 03:13 PM Bug #5772 (Resolved): Initial install broken if default data/backup directory unavailable
- Initialization of a fresh install requires establishing data and backup directories for metacat. The system searches ...
Also available in: Atom