From 08/29/2000 to 09/27/2000
- 02:37 PM Revision 475 (metacat): removed system.out.printlns
- 01:12 PM Revision 474 (metacat): added a "server" parameter which tells the system the path to the server on which metacat is running. This is used for metacat:// urls.
- 01:11 PM Revision 473 (metacat): added support for urls of the form "metacat://server.xyz.com?docid=XXX:yy"
- 01:10 PM Revision 472 (metacat): added package and resource data and structures
- 12:47 PM Bug #48: need an option to do xml indexing asynchronously
- Need a way to show a response of the work done by that thread
- 09:11 AM Bug #130: remove the title hack from metacat
- Because of complications with the dmanclient this will be fixed sometime after
the kdi meeting.
- 08:31 AM Bug #31: need dataset id reference from metadata
- Added datasetid to resource. Also, the package dtd and schema are defined and
implemented in metacatServlet.
- 08:23 AM Bug #113: need "dataset oriented" html interface for results
- Created a backtracking scheme derived from relationships entered under the
package dtd. The servlet parameter return...
- 04:02 PM Revision 471 (metacat): Separate thread used for writing into xml_index table.
- This cut the time of the response on insert almost in half.
The tread is started afterwards
(on end of document parsi...
- 03:09 PM Revision 470 (metacat): added new fields
- 03:09 PM Revision 469 (metacat): added support for returndoc handling.
- 03:08 PM Revision 468 (metacat): added a packagedoctype parameter so that the servlet knows what kind of doctype a package
- 03:08 PM Revision 467 (metacat): updated for returndoc field
- 03:07 PM Revision 466 (metacat): This class syncronously indexes any package file that is loaded into the database.r
- 03:06 PM Revision 465 (metacat): Added backtrack functionality. Backtracking works by passing a returndoc parameter. There can be more than one. If a document that is hit by a query is not of type returndoc then it searches the database for a related file of type returndoc. If one is found it is displayed, if no relation is found, the original is displayed.
- Support was also added for an index of relations. the table xml_relation handles the all of the relation indexing.
- 01:03 PM Revision 464 (metacat): included new method getPoolSize()
- 03:39 PM Bug #35: SRB RMI server doesn't authenticate after first connection
- This big has been fixed, but needs to be revisited with changes added to srb
- 10:51 AM Bug #46: metacat insert fails on some documents
- I talked with Dan. It seems us that this bug disappeared - probably was fixed
- 10:28 AM Bug #30: get dataguide function needed by client
- It is already DONE and used by dmanclient appl.
- 08:17 AM Bug #128: change resource public ID in the catalog
- this was added 9/25/00. It was also added to the loadstylesheets.sql file.
- 01:52 PM Bug #152 (Resolved): Port SRB1_1_8 changes to Linux x86
- Port SRB1_1_8 changes to Linux x86. SRB1_1_7 has been ported to run on Linux,
but in parallel to changes made to SR...
- 04:09 PM Bug #151 (Resolved): need doctype equivalence specification
- Metadata document types will certainly evolve, and as they do, some applications
that depend on those types will bre...
- 04:05 PM Bug #150 (Resolved): metacat accepts invalid documents
- Currently, the metacat servlet accepts documents that are not valid according to
their type. We need to change this...
- 04:00 PM Bug #129: Metacat Performance: paged Query Returns
- *** Bug 147 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- 04:00 PM Bug #147: return partial resultsets
- Feature was already described by berkley.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 129 ***
- 03:39 PM Bug #147 (Resolved): return partial resultsets
- Need feature in metacat that allows the client to specify if only a partial
resultset should be returned for a query...
- 03:57 PM Bug #149 (Resolved): Need revision number to uniquely specify docid
- The xml_documents.docid field is currently used to store the metadata identifier
for all xml documents. However, ou...
- 03:43 PM Bug #92: need access control tracking for metadata documents
- Changed target milestone to Beta2
- 03:42 PM Bug #148 (Resolved): node-level granularity for ACLs
- Feature requested to be able to specify ACLs with node-level granularity, so
that portions of XML documents can be r...
- 03:16 PM Bug #138 (Resolved): use LDAP as optional directory for authentication
- May be powerful to use an LDAP server or network to handle authentication rather
than the current MCAT authenticatio...
- 03:13 PM Bug #137 (Resolved): need admin client for managing SRB systems
- Need an adminsitrative utility modeled after the srb admin utility for managing
the distributed srb network, users o...
- 02:50 PM Revision 463 (metacat): added extra timing information to the main() driver method.
- 01:25 PM Revision 462 (metacat): fix the small bug with output like:
- Fatal processing error
- 01:22 PM Revision 461 (metacat): writeDocID() not needed any more
- throw SAXException from everywhere
- 01:21 PM Revision 460 (metacat): on character(cbuf, start, len) included:
- if currentNode.getTagName().equals("title")
instead of using:
- 01:15 PM Revision 459 (metacat): change Assession# generation to use the same db connection
- 01:07 PM Bug #131 (Resolved): add doctype identifier to returnfields
- a returnfield should not only include the path to an element but also the
doctype from which it should be selected. ...
- 01:05 PM Bug #130 (Resolved): remove the title hack from metacat
- Remove the "hack" that puts the title of a document into the xml_documents table
and replace it with a returnfield t...
- 01:02 PM Bug #129 (Closed): Metacat Performance: paged Query Returns
- If a query returns more than n results, then only n results should be shown to
the user at a time. This functionali...
- 01:00 PM Bug #128 (Resolved): change resource public ID in the catalog
- The public ID of eml-resource documents needs to be changed in the catalog to
fit with the standard syntax of public...
- 12:58 PM Bug #97: combine printExtendedSQL and printSQL methods into one
- At this time, I think it is better to leave the two methods seperate. It is
cleaner to do it this way because even i...
- 12:52 PM Bug #28: need doctype backtracing/linking feature as part of doctype filter
- same as bug 113
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 113 ***
- 12:52 PM Bug #113: need "dataset oriented" html interface for results
- *** Bug 28 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- 12:51 PM Bug #113: need "dataset oriented" html interface for results
- This addition to the functionality will be aided by the completion of the
package spec. Packaging can be used to cre...
- 10:55 AM Bug #113 (Resolved): need "dataset oriented" html interface for results
- The current HTML interface displays result sets as a table, with all metadata
documents displayed. We need to modi...
- 12:50 PM Bug #98: add download action to marineservlet
- This functionality was added to metacatservlet. It can be accessed through
- 12:49 PM Bug #114: need interface for package info and downloading
- The packaging functionality is now working. Functionality for downloading a zip
file containing all of the package f...
- 10:57 AM Bug #114 (Resolved): need interface for package info and downloading
- Need to modify the current HTML interface for marine to allow display of the
"package" relationships and allow for ...
- 11:09 AM Bug #117 (Resolved): need new HTML interface allowing boolean search
- Need a new HTML interface for the marine servlet that allows construction of a
simple boolean expression for search...
- 10:58 AM Revision 458 (metacat): Updated the download data function. the download data function now pulls a document from the database, zips it up and sends the zip stream to the client. It also zips up any related files. a relation parameter is used to pass related files to the servlet. If only one document should be zipped and sent, a single docid in the param hashtable is sufficient.
- 05:40 PM Revision 457 (metacat): changes related to decrease the time of INSERT of document.
- With these changes I inserted 200KB file for 3 minutes, 50KB for 50sec.
This is mainly simplifing the DBSAXNode class...
- 03:16 PM Revision 456 (metacat): updated this style sheet to display only resource documents and their related files. Also added hidden input params to the images on the left so that the related document info is sent back to the servlet when documentation or an abstract is requested.
- 12:53 PM Revision 455 (metacat): this stylesheet now processes relation information.
- 12:53 PM Revision 454 (metacat): This allows for the easy handling of metacat:// urls. The documentation in the source code explains the specification for the url in detail.
- 12:52 PM Revision 453 (metacat): Added functionality for package specifications. metacatservlet now contains a new action called getrelateddocument that handles retrieving related documents using the metacatURL specification (metacatURL.java). DBQuery contains new code in runQuery that embeds relation tags in the returned hashtable describing the documents related to each docid. querySpecification contains a new method which prints the sql that does the relation query.
- 03:03 PM Revision 451 (metacat): fix bug in toXML() about getting output of XML document like:
- 01:59 PM Revision 450 (metacat): added parentnodeid to xml_index table
- 01:57 PM Revision 449 (metacat): added parentnodeid to xml_index
- 01:09 PM Revision 447 (metacat): fix for "Document not found" err message on "getdocument" action
- 01:07 PM Revision 446 (metacat): fix for "public" authentication
- 01:38 PM Revision 445 (metacat): xml_documents.public_access modified to be
- NUMBER(1) DEFAULT 1
ie all documents to have public access by default
- 12:42 PM Revision 444 (metacat): removed print statments
- 12:28 PM Revision 443 (metacat): fixed xml tag error in squer
- 11:24 AM Revision 442 (metacat): fixed bug in handleSQuery that returned the <?xml?> tag in the <query> tag of a resultset.
- 10:37 AM Revision 441 (metacat): added check from "read" permission on "query" and "squery" actions
- for connected user or for "public" connection
- 01:36 PM Revision 440 (metacat): 3 indexes added on:
- xml_nodes (rootnodeid)
xml_documents (docid, doctype)
- 08:07 AM Bug #99: add getDocumentAction to marineServlet
- This action was added. A style sheet for resource documents was also written.
- 08:05 AM Bug #100: add viewabstract action to metacatServlet
- This functionality now works. It uses a CGI parameter called abstractpath to
identify the xml path to the abstract.
- 08:04 AM Bug #109: query speed slows as database grows
- Changed the queries to reduce the number of subqueries which increased the speed
of the query signifigantly.
- 02:01 PM Revision 438 (metacat): added documentation and cleaned up the markup.
- 01:51 PM Revision 437 (metacat): added support for getabstract action
- 01:50 PM Revision 436 (metacat): Added a method called getNodeContent which retrieves the content of a node in a document. If there are more than one nodes with the same name returned, it returns an array with all of the data.
- 01:49 PM Revision 435 (metacat): Added support for viewabstract
- 08:46 AM Revision 434 (metacat): added resource.xsl to the catalog
- 08:45 AM Revision 433 (metacat): no message
- 08:43 AM Revision 432 (metacat): style sheet for resource documents
- 05:40 PM Bug #109: query speed slows as database grows
- Reassigned to berkley.
- 05:37 PM Revision 431 (metacat): Modified MetaCatServlet to use the new DocumentImpl.toXml() method for
- efficiency of reading documents. See bugzilla bug #111 for an explanation.
- 05:24 PM Revision 430 (metacat): Updated the test.xml file to use more XML features for testing insert,
- update, and read functions of DocumentImpl. Now the document contains
comments and processing instructions.
- 05:16 PM Bug #111: reading large documents from metacat is slow
- Fixed document reading bug (bugzilla bug #111) so that reading documents is
no longer a power function of the number ...
- 05:14 PM Revision 429 (metacat): Fixed document reading bug (bugzilla bug #111) so that reading documents
- is no longer a power function of the number of nodes in the document
(which used to be the case). Now, reading a doc...
- 01:47 PM Revision 428 (metacat): change the 2 executions in archiveDocRevision()
- with 1 statement:
"insert into xml_revisions
select ... from xml_documents where docid = ..."
- 12:04 PM Revision 427 (metacat): small changes on hasWritePermission()
- 05:08 PM Revision 426 (metacat): get rid of the FK in xml_acess table that points to xm_documents.docid
- since xml_access.docid(s) point to current and revised documents
(ie xml_documents.docid and xml_revisions.docid)
- 05:01 PM Revision 425 (metacat): storing user_owner and user_updated where needed
- new function in DocumentImpl checking for "write" perm on UPDATE or DELETE
added delete from xml_index of the old ver...
- 02:43 PM Revision 424 (metacat): this file is no longer used.
- 02:24 PM Bug #55: change order of fields
- The order was changed
- 02:23 PM Bug #54: title and altitle fields are too small
- Changed the size of the fields to 30 characters.
- 02:23 PM Bug #53: Interface does not look good in 800x600
- Changed the interface to work better with lower resolutions. Fonts were made
smaller and buttons and text boxes were...
- 02:20 PM Revision 423 (metacat): changed xslf for new returnfield scheme. the returnfields are now returned as <param name="<returnfield>"> tags.
- hThe sql for the returnfield query was redone to fix a previous problem with slow queries
- 02:18 PM Revision 422 (metacat): changed xslf for new resultfield scheme
- 01:04 PM Bug #111 (Resolved): reading large documents from metacat is slow
- Reading documents from metacat seems to scale with document size, and gets to be
extremely slow for even medium size...
- 12:58 PM Bug #110 (Resolved): foreign keys to xml_catalog
- The current uses of public identifiers in the xml_documents and xml_revisions
tables do not explicity reference xml_...
- 11:36 AM Bug #109 (Resolved): query speed slows as database grows
- As the database grows in size, the speed at which a query result is returned
becomes greater. The database size to ...
- 11:19 AM Revision 421 (metacat): cleared static methods in AccessionNumber classes for fixing bug found
- when multiple requests to the servlet at a time.
- 01:58 PM Revision 420 (metacat): changed paths in returnfield parameters
- 11:01 AM Revision 419 (metacat): added alt tags
- 11:01 AM Revision 418 (metacat): added alt tag
- 11:00 AM Revision 417 (metacat): new graphics and their adobe illustrator vector files
- 10:58 AM Revision 416 (metacat): changed colors and layout
Also available in: Atom