From 01/19/2009 to 02/17/2009
- 04:32 PM Bug #3826 (Resolved): Remove jdbc properties from build.properties if not needed
- Per Duane Costa:
The 'database' property and all the 'jdbc' properties
are still in t...
- 04:29 PM Bug #3825 (Resolved): indexPaths should be more readable in build.properties
- Per Duane Costa:
'indexPaths' is an important property, but its value is
- 04:27 PM Bug #3824 (Resolved): Normalize the app deploy dir in build.properties
- Per Duane Costa:
in build.properties file:
- 04:26 PM Bug #3823 (Resolved): "make" dependency causes build to fail on windows
- Per duane costa:
There's a platform dependency on 'make' which is a blocker for building the source distribution o...
- 04:24 PM Bug #3822 (Resolved): Spatial part of advanced search doesn't work
- Per Duane Costa:
I tested a number of searches in the 'default' skin and almost everything ran fine. However, the...
- 09:37 AM Bug #3819: Error writing to replication log
- 09:36 AM Bug #3819 (Resolved): Error writing to replication log
- If the replication log directory does not exist, the replication code throws warnings. Changed the PropertyAdmin to ...
- 02:12 PM Bug #3818: Maps don't load for mac and windows
- Windows needed to be rebooted to work.
The mac issues were known issues. Mapbuilder will not work right against f...
- 11:41 AM Bug #3818: Maps don't load for mac and windows
- Seeing this in Safari on mac as well
- 11:14 AM Bug #3818 (Resolved): Maps don't load for mac and windows
- Maps are not loading on mac running firefox 3.0.1 and Win XP running firefox 3.0.6 (those were all we tested so far)....
- 09:06 AM Bug #3817: Documents with DTD declarations cannot be inserted
- Fixed the DTD registration in the xml_catalog table.
Now just warning about pre-existing DTDs when [re]fetching from ...
- 09:02 AM Bug #3817 (Resolved): Documents with DTD declarations cannot be inserted
Working with Choonhan Youn at SDSC (firstname.lastname@example.org): they are developing a skin that makes use of the FG...
- 10:36 AM Bug #3814: Backed up directories are not getting read during configuration
- fixed on bug 3813
- 10:36 AM Bug #3813: Local save of backup location is not being written
- Made sure a local file was written to the user's home directory. The file is at <user_home>/.<application_context>
- 01:05 PM Bug #3815: Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- Register-dataset.cgi may not have any testing itself, but it is based on Metacat.pm which does have a test suite in t...
- 12:33 PM Bug #3815: Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- To properly fix this bug, we'll need to add tests for character conversions, to make sure that we aren't introducing ...
- 12:36 PM Bug #3816: Export action doesn't create complete package
- Add an explicit test for this action, by uploading a new document with associated files, then downloading the resulti...
- 11:45 AM Bug #3812: Registry service will fail when registering new services
- Updated the MetacatImpl.xml build file in seek to include the ecogrid registry service xml schema files. Added the s...
- 06:02 PM Bug #3816 (Closed): Export action doesn't create complete package
- When using the export action, two bugs are noticeable:
1. Documents with associated data tables have files with t...
- 05:35 PM Bug #3815 (Resolved): Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- Ampersands are encoded as "&" within register-dataset.cgi in normalize(), but documents uploaded have a "%26amp;"...
- 05:16 PM Bug #3814 (Resolved): Backed up directories are not getting read during configuration
- Once metacat is configured after the initial installation, the configured values should be saved. The global propert...
- 05:05 PM Bug #3813 (Resolved): Local save of backup location is not being written
- If the tomcat user has a home directory, a file should get written to it in ~/.metacat/<application>_backup_location....
- 03:17 PM Bug #3811: Spatial caches should be backed up and restored
- Matt Perry and I discussed having them be located outside of the knb context dir many times. We both agreed it was a...
- 03:07 PM Bug #3812 (Resolved): Registry service will fail when registering new services
- The xml used to register a new registry service will fail because the schema location does not exist and we validate ...
- 01:50 PM Bug #3811 (Resolved): Spatial caches should be backed up and restored
- Right now it takes over 40 minutes for the spacial caches to be generated every time metacat is upgraded on knb. The...
- 01:46 PM Bug #3806: Multiple instances of metacat will try to back up configuration to the same directory
- Changed the configuration to back up properties to a subdirectory named for the context.
- 03:12 PM Bug #3806 (Resolved): Multiple instances of metacat will try to back up configuration to the same directory
- When metacat autodiscovers the backup directories, it will find the same directory for multiple instances of metacat ...
- 11:10 AM Bug #3784: Docs don't drop off of esa moderator's list once they are approved
- Changed the xml access paths to reflect EML 2.1.0, adding the 2.1.0 paths to indexing and changing the paths for quer...
- 09:15 AM Bug #3784 (Resolved): Docs don't drop off of esa moderator's list once they are approved
- The doc keeps showing up even after the moderator approves it. It looks like the query to get the moderators list is...
- 09:13 AM Bug #3781: Add admin user/password configuration to esa skin configuration
- Added user/password configuration. Also removed moderator configuration from skin since we currently use the auth.mo...
- 10:15 AM Bug #3783 (New): Optimize ESA moderator queries
- The queries used to get information for ESA moderators are very slow. They may work fine against a limited db (like ...
- 03:31 PM Bug #3781 (Resolved): Add admin user/password configuration to esa skin configuration
- ESA uses and admin account when datasets are registered. This needs to be configurable in the esa skin config. This...
- 10:31 AM Bug #3780: Register dataset with data file fails on saeon skin
- Changed the MetacatUtil.writeTempFile to write to an "upload" temp directory to avoid conflicts with the registry code.
- 08:36 AM Bug #3780 (Resolved): Register dataset with data file fails on saeon skin
- Registering a data set on the saeon skin with a data file fails. It comes back with the following error: "Failed to ...
- 04:50 PM Bug #3779: A missing $skin.properties.metadata.xml file causes metacat to fail
- I had put in code to handle a missing <Skin>.properties file but not the skin.metadata.xml file
That is now caught, ...
- 03:59 PM Bug #3779 (Resolved): A missing $skin.properties.metadata.xml file causes metacat to fail
- If a skin lacks a $skin.properties.metadata.xml file, Metacat will throw this error on startup:
MC 15:33:01,688: [...
- 04:49 PM Bug #3778: Null sessionids causing configuration to fail
- This turned out to be a byproduct of a bad skin configuration. I went ahead and added checks for null session ids so...
- 03:07 PM Bug #3778: Null sessionids causing configuration to fail
Jan 26, 2009 2:15:48 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
- 02:46 PM Bug #3778 (Resolved): Null sessionids causing configuration to fail
- null session Id's are causing metacat to throw null pointer exceptions
- 01:13 PM Bug #3776: LTER logged in link is broken
- LTER Skin has a branding_extensions.js file that overrides branding.js. Added the contextURL to the insertLoginBox m...
- 11:23 AM Bug #3776 (Resolved): LTER logged in link is broken
- On the LTER skin, the "logged in" link tries to take you to:
- 01:07 PM Bug #3777 (Resolved): Move Tomcat libraries into metacat build
- Right now, the Tomcat libraries (javax.http...) are referenced via the Tomcat install directory on the build machine....
- 11:22 AM Bug #3775: Unaffiliated is only organization to show up at login time
- Added org.name.<orgname>= values back to metacat.properties so all organizations show up on login dropdowns.
- 08:38 AM Bug #3775 (Resolved): Unaffiliated is only organization to show up at login time
- When trying to log in via ldapweb.cgi, the only organization available is Unaffiliated.
- 03:34 PM Bug #3772: Error when trying to reset ldap password
- The dc was not being appended to the user name for password reset. Added it in the handleResetPassword method. Also...
- 10:24 AM Bug #3773 (New): Remove places where document is read into memory
- There is at least one place where metadata is read into memory. This is done when the doc needs to be written to dis...
- 03:25 PM Bug #3772 (Resolved): Error when trying to reset ldap password
- When trying to reset the password in the nceas skin, the following is returned:
"failed to log in. Are you sure y...
- 03:05 PM Bug #3762: Allow LDAPweb to continue working when referrals are down
- Simple fix applied in r4771.
- 02:40 PM Bug #3767: Links on the ldap-web account creation page are broken
- Added cgiPrefix to the available template variables in ldapweb.cgi.
- 11:41 AM Bug #3767 (Resolved): Links on the ldap-web account creation page are broken
- The page that has the ldap new account creation form has links at the top to Register and Logout. These links are mi...
- 10:36 AM Bug #3765: Backup configured passwords as encrypted values
- Along these lines of reasoning, security practices dictate never storing the plaintext password at all. Perhaps once...
- 10:11 AM Bug #3765 (New): Backup configured passwords as encrypted values
- Currently, the user has to add the passwords for the db, skins and metacat ldap web every time they upgrade. This sh...
- 04:30 PM Bug #3763: another permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- Metacat was checking for xml_access when uploading a new data file. Changed so that it only checks for existing data...
- 11:37 AM Bug #3763 (Resolved): another permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- When registering a dataset with a data file, Metacat is throwing the following exception:
MC 14:29:17,633: [ERROR]...
- 12:03 PM Bug #3762: Allow LDAPweb to continue working when referrals are down
- This is already done in register-dataset.cgi so that broken referrals are skipped, so you can probably model the code...
- 11:32 AM Bug #3762 (Resolved): Allow LDAPweb to continue working when referrals are down
- Currently, the LDAPweb script iterates over each referrer when checking for existing names. If one of these fails to...
- 11:16 AM Bug #3384: Implement and test turnkey installation on windows
- this has been implemented and tested
- 11:15 AM Bug #3761 (Closed): Add ability for admin user to log out
- Currently in the configuration utility, the admin user can only log in as a new user. Should also have the ability t...
- 12:20 PM Bug #3757: Error when creating ldap account via nceas skin on dev
- Fixed by installing Scalar::Util with cpan:
> force install Scalar::Util
A redhat specific issue, explained in...
- 11:34 AM Bug #3757 (Resolved): Error when creating ldap account via nceas skin on dev
- When submitting a new ldap account on dev in the nceas skin, a blank screen is returned.
The following errors show...
- 12:16 PM Bug #3758: Permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- Temporary directory wasn't writable by apache on dev. Updated to enable file writing, should now work as expected.
- 12:07 PM Bug #3758 (Resolved): Permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- Registering a dataset with all fields filled in and an attached data doc comes back with a blank screen. The apache ...
- 12:03 PM Bug #3756: Passwords should not persist to backup files
- Added code to check if field is a password. If so, don't back it up.
- 12:41 PM Bug #3756 (Resolved): Passwords should not persist to backup files
- Currently, the unaffiliated login password gets persisted to the auth.properties.backup file. This should never happ...
- 12:18 PM Bug #3752: New skins cause metacat to fail if all configuration files do not exist
- Changed SkinsAdmin to allow Metacat to start up even if certain skins are in metacat.properties but not structured co...
- 10:44 AM Bug #3755 (New): Change property service to return null for blank properties
- Right now the PropertyService returns "" for empty properties. It should return null. This will required quite a bi...
Also available in: Atom