From 09/27/2011 to 10/26/2011
- 06:59 PM Bug #5520 (Resolved): Create replication integration test suite
- Replication integration tests should include:
-force replication between two servers -- A, B (write, update, delete)...
- 06:31 PM Bug #5519 (Resolved): Replicated data files are 0 bytes
- We set up 2-way replication between PPBio and PELD (Brazilian Metacat instances) and have since seen that the replica...
- 04:30 PM Bug #2084: Pathquery support for temporal search on date fields
- This should be in 2.0.0 since it is already in the trunk. The upgrade script is the only thing I am worried about -- ...
- 04:11 PM Bug #5262: EML document owner can't read the document
- Probably solution is to use Java's canonicalization routines to normalize the DN, as Ben has done on the DataONE DNs....
- 03:59 PM Bug #5244: ldapweb.cgi shouldn't report ou=Account accounts since they're unusable
- Need to check with Shaun if this is actually fixed.
- 03:54 PM Bug #4651: data packages losing data tables (and then finding them again)
- Unable to replicate. Please reopen if more details emerge.
- 03:48 PM Bug #4442: Spatial indexing should not run and block metacat
- Related to bug #3811.
- 03:47 PM Bug #5518 (In Progress): Track down the performance issue of metacat query.
- Matt queried knb with the word "water". It took one minute and half. We need to figured out why it so slow.
- 03:46 PM Bug #3811: Spatial caches should be backed up and restored
- Decided that its best to move these files to /var/metacat by default.
- 03:44 PM Bug #5234: Replication -- user does not have permission to update access rule for data file
- In v1.9.5 we use a null replication user to perform replication (rather than the user_owner from the xml_documents ta...
- 03:17 PM Bug #4900: LDAP referral connection timeout
- Decided that #3 is not feasible since accounts may be in groups defined on various LDAP servers.
- 01:20 PM Bug #5517 (Resolved): mark EcoGrid and Servlet APIs as deprecated
- EcoGrid and Servlet APIs in metacat are being replaced (gradally) by the DataONE services. Mark these older APIs as ...
- 01:19 PM Bug #5516 (Resolved): continue updating user documentation
- Documentation needs editing to describe new 2.0.0 features, including support for new DataONE APIs, deprecation of ol...
- 01:15 PM Bug #5515 (Resolved): change version to 2.0.0 in prep for release
- To prepare for the release, change te version number to 2.0.0 for all documentation, including README, Sphinx docs, etc.
- 01:01 PM Bug #5288: Metacat got "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space" after new geoserver update
- Not sure if there is an action here. Maybe add this information to the Metacat documentation/faq?
- 12:47 PM Bug #4083: Metacat doesn't declare XML document encoding
- I think these encoding issues have been fixed by Ben in trunk, but we need to discuss it to see if anything further n...
- 12:38 PM Bug #1601: Metacat will add default value for optional parameter into eml 2 document
- Marking as complete, because the read problem is fixed based on now reading original from disk. The insert problem i...
- 12:34 PM Bug #4275: Earthgrid REST API Implementation
- Task now being handled via #5011 DataONE service API implementation. This original work on interfaces has been obsol...
- 12:17 PM Bug #5514: implement DataONE service API
- Duplicate bug to #5011.
- 12:15 PM Bug #5514 (Resolved): implement DataONE service API
- Support the new DataONE service API for interoperable data repositories:
- 12:10 PM Bug #5513 (Resolved): add support for DOI identifiers from EZID
- DOI identifiers can be created through the EZID service run by the California Digital Library. See:
- 11:08 AM Revision 6545 (metacat): correctly check that user is logged into metacat before proceeding
- 11:07 AM Revision 6544 (metacat): use null session for now
- 05:54 PM Revision 6543 (metacat): draft of legacy-to-d1 account mapping interface
- 02:03 PM Revision 6542 (metacat): add User-Agent logging to support D1 requirements
- 12:40 PM Revision 6541 (metacat): remove old RestServlet handler -- not used now
- 05:49 PM Revision 6539 (metacat): use default fmtid if we can't find the user-supplied data mime type in our list
- 05:13 PM Revision 6538 (metacat): including newer d1 libclient that uses Foresite (and Jena) to construct/parse ORE resource maps for DataONE
- 02:57 PM Revision 6536 (metacat): delete the xml access rules by either docid or guid to make sure we have the most up to date information
- 10:45 AM Revision 6535 (metacat): Fix a data-typing issue when pulling replicationAllowed from postgres. Use getBoolean(), not getString().
- 05:13 PM Revision 6534 (metacat): cleaned up to use for populating a DataONE MN using the D1 api. Retrieves packages from a Metacat and generates system metadata for them before calling MN.create() for both data and metadata.
- NOTE: you need a client certificate that the target server accepts (either DataONE-generated for testing or a CILogon...
- 07:19 PM Revision 6533 (metacat): IdentifierManager.getSystemMetadata() was missing the number_replicas and replication_allowed fields when building a ReplicationPolicy section of a SystemMetadata document being returned. Add in these two attributes.
- 11:17 AM Revision 6532 (metacat): update D1 jars to include recent SubjectList -> SubjectInfo refactoring and the SUBJECT_PUBLIC constant
- 11:08 AM Revision 6531 (metacat): include SystemMetadata when replicating data and metadata documents -- this allows us to establish the guid-to-docid mapping that is crucial for being able to read the replicated document by guid (d1 api)
- 10:00 AM Revision 6530 (metacat): throw InvalidToken when the Session parameter is null for create()
- 08:37 PM Revision 6529 (metacat): Fix service versioning in metacat.properties so that when Metacat nodes are registered they report the correct service version for use in resolve() -- i.e., use "v1" instead of "0.6.4" in resolve urls.
- 02:50 PM Revision 6528 (metacat): Once a CN calls replicate() on an MN, the MN needs to call getReplica() on the source MN (not get()). Once the bytes are retrieved, the MN must then call back to the CN with setReplicationStatus() to indicate that the replication status is complete. Modify MNodeService to do so.
- 04:06 PM Bug #5499: citation format odd for metacat data sets
- There isn't a community standard as far as I know. There are people working on proposing such a standard (DataCite, ...
- 06:22 PM Bug #5499: citation format odd for metacat data sets
- Inclusion of the institution seems appropriate for a dataset citation. Granted, it is not in journal article citatio...
- 11:43 PM Revision 6527 (metacat): Bug fix for access control rules coming in from the dataone system metadata. Previously, the code used getLocalId() to get the docid to insert into the XML access table, but that docid included the revision number (e.g., foo.1.1), which it shouldn't. Now use the AccessionNumber class to strip off the rev to get a real docid for insertion into the table.
- 07:39 PM Bug #5497: metacat accepts eml docs that fail knb parser
- This sample EML document is using single quotes around the EML namespace (which should be valid) but Metacat was only...
- 07:28 PM Revision 6526 (metacat): allow the XML namespace to be given in both double _and_ single quotes. The regex pattern was only looking for xmlns values that were in double quotes. This was brought to light by LTER:
- 09:24 PM Bug #5499 (Resolved): citation format odd for metacat data sets
- Submitting on behalf of Gail... I agree with her assesment -- what are we rendering citations this way. Somehow this...
Also available in: Atom