From 03/28/2004 to 04/26/2004
- 04:46 PM Revision 2138 (metacat): Made changes to control whether a skin wants to use keywords or not. Keywords probably will be used by all skins alsways. But similar changes can be made for Geographic Coverage or Temporal COverage to control whether a particular section of the insert data template needs to be shown or not. This can be controlled from .cfg file. For example, in nceas.cfg is you define hasKeyword = false, none of the templates will show the keyword part. (Unless, you are using NCEAS skin and you try to modify a document which already has keywords.)
- 02:59 PM Revision 2137 (metacat): Removed beta6 specific code which is no longer being used.
- 02:29 PM Revision 2136 (metacat): Removed repetition of code. Also fixed the link to the modified file submitted from responseTemplate
- 01:29 PM Revision 2135 (metacat): Remove Harvester code from compile and jar targets.
- Add testharvester target for independently testing Harvester code.
- 01:09 PM Revision 2134 (metacat): JUnit files for tseting Harvester code
- 11:08 AM Bug #1530 (Resolved): cfg is readable by everyone
- The *.cfg files in skins is reabable by everyone. This is not good as they
might contain information that should no...
- 10:35 AM Revision 2133 (metacat): Changes to comments
- 04:09 PM Revision 2131 (metacat): Add Harvester documentation to the Metacat Tour
- 02:40 PM Bug #1467: getprincipals action returns referal entries in url form
- Fixed. Passed referred LDAP's URL to the user search function and that results
in output with correct DNs.
- 02:39 PM Bug #1466: getprinicpals action doesnt return trees for UCNRS and PISCO
- Fixed. Changed Context.REFERRAL value from 'follow' to 'ignore' and that
somehow does the job.
- 06:41 PM Revision 2130 (metacat): Added ou also to getprincipal output. So now organizationUnitName is also returned in getprincipal output.
- 05:27 PM Revision 2129 (metacat): Made changes so that PISCO and NRS trees are also returned in getPrincipals action.
- 02:14 PM Revision 2128 (metacat): Remove copy of schema file from harvester target
- 01:48 PM Revision 2127 (metacat): Allow user to set frequency to 0 for testing purposes
- 01:48 PM Revision 2126 (metacat): Modify schema location
- 01:41 PM Revision 2125 (metacat): Remove obsolete schema file
- 01:37 PM Revision 2124 (metacat): Harvest list schema
- 01:24 PM Revision 2123 (metacat): Sample harvest list XML file
- 01:22 PM Revision 2122 (metacat): Remove obsolete file
- 11:27 AM Revision 2121 (metacat): Fixed getprincipals output. Earlier DNs for LTER were in URL form. Now they appear in DN form.
Have to make changes so that PISCO and NRS also show up.
- 08:13 PM Bug #1485 (Resolved): Trouble in entering data in NRS ...
- The following is an error reported by Kevin Browne:
> THe problem is that the failure message generated is s...
- 11:04 AM Revision 2120 (metacat): Shell script for running Harvester on Unix
- 10:59 AM Revision 2119 (metacat): Batch file for running Harvester on Windows
- 10:54 AM Revision 2118 (metacat): Add install-sql property for MS SQL Server
- Add copy task to harvester target
- 08:20 PM Revision 2117 (metacat): Fixed two small bugs.
- 04:49 PM Revision 2116 (metacat): Made changes in XML that is sent back as result of action=getprincipals. Changes are as following:
- 1. <authSystem> tag contains organization attribute which specifies organization name
2. <user> tag now has <organiza...
- 04:12 PM Revision 2115 (metacat): Perl script for transfering documents from one metacat to another metacat. list_of_docids contains list of names of the documents that will be transfered.
- 03:23 PM Bug #1466: getprinicpals action doesnt return trees for UCNRS and PISCO
for the record. so that i dont revolve same issues again. :)
[10:39] <sid> matt - a question regarding bug 1466
- 10:59 AM Revision 2114 (metacat): Rename url property to defaultDB
- 11:45 PM Bug #1467 (Resolved): getprincipals action returns referal entries in url form
- getprincipals right now returns urls instead of identities in case of referals.
So for example in case of LTER we g...
- 11:15 PM Bug #1466 (Resolved): getprinicpals action doesnt return trees for UCNRS and PISCO
- The getprincipals right now return trees for all organizations except UCNRS and
PISCO. A similar scenario can be ge...
- 01:49 PM Revision 2113 (metacat): Added the EventLog functionality to the servlet as action=getlog. Valid parameters are ipAddress, principal, docid, event, start, end. All parameters can be repeated except start and end.
- 09:23 AM Revision 2112 (metacat): Correct minor problems with foreign keys in Harvester tables
- 02:31 AM Revision 2111 (metacat): Partial implementation of a query facility for the access log. Need to fix problems with the date filtering, and tie this into the servlet action when completed and tested.
- 08:51 PM Revision 2110 (metacat): Interim checkin of EventLog reporting structure. Still basically incomplete but compiles.
- 03:11 PM Revision 2109 (metacat): Add three new Harvester tables
- 09:34 AM Revision 2108 (metacat): Omit HARVEST_OPERATION_TABLE and store harvest operations in properties file instead
- 08:52 AM Revision 2107 (metacat): Add new Harvest Operation Properties to replace the HARVEST_OPERATION_TABLE
- 04:44 PM Bug #1452 (In Progress): dtd filenames clash if reused for multiple PUBLIC identifiers
- Problem reported by Rod Spears:
Ok, this is partially intended behavior. Metacat takes the following attitude
- 04:26 PM Bug #1451: null returndoctype fails to return all documents
- Fixed DBQuery.java to allow results even when returndoctype is null, as is
appropriate behavior. Now, both query fie...
- 04:23 PM Bug #1451 (Resolved): null returndoctype fails to return all documents
- When the pathquery "returndoctype" filed is omitted, metacat is supposed to
return all matching documents. In fact,...
- 04:25 PM Revision 2106 (metacat): Fixed the returndoctype bug in DBQuery as described in bug 1451. Now,
- results are returned even if returndoctype is null, which is the
- 09:49 AM Revision 2105 (metacat): Implement sending email reports to harvest administrator and site administrator
- 06:02 PM Revision 2104 (metacat): Patched to make the date-time value insertion work under oracle. Now it
- tests fine under both oracle and postgres. Still need to write an
- 02:18 PM Revision 2103 (metacat): Updated build.xml to add targets for doing the 1.4 database sql upgrades.
- Also note I made it work with both oracle and sql, and note that the MS
SQL Server sql scripts seem to be lacking -- ...
- 01:53 PM Bug #101: generate data set usage metadata/ provide access log
- Basic usage tracking is now implemented. Still need to test on oracle, but
basic functionality is working on postgre...
- 01:43 PM Revision 2102 (metacat): Added additional logging calls for read, upload, insert, update, delete, and
- other commands. Now need to get a reporting function working and this
bug 101 will be largely finished.
- 11:43 AM Revision 2101 (metacat): Modified EventLog to eliminate the separate revision column and instead fold
- that into the docid string. Log now includes read events, but need to update
the data sent there.
- 11:31 AM Revision 2100 (metacat): New EventLogTest modifying the log call to exclude revision.
- 10:15 AM Revision 2099 (metacat): Modified SQL scripts to add the new access_log table. I've partially tested this under postgres but have not yet tested under oracle.
- 09:13 AM Revision 2098 (metacat): Reformatted code for readability and consistency.
- 10:49 PM Revision 2097 (metacat): Added javadoc that was missing for the EventLogData class.
- 10:40 PM Revision 2096 (metacat): Added classes for basic event logging support. These classes write log entries to the database connection. Still to do: query the event log, write oracle sql code (postgres is done), possibly allow the log to be archived to a text file, and possibly do the dtabase writes asynchronously via a caching mechanism.
- 05:24 PM Revision 2095 (metacat): Made change in result tag that is returned in getprincipals action. Replaced userdn with username.
- 04:41 PM Revision 2094 (metacat): Added GPL license text to harvester source files.
- 03:40 PM Revision 2093 (metacat): Fixed a bug the text filed in path xml query maybe splited.
- 03:39 PM Revision 2092 (metacat): Fixed a bug if a document already has index, but now metacat doesn't use index. If you try to delete this one, will cause error.
- 03:38 PM Revision 2091 (metacat): Clean up some code.
- 03:38 PM Revision 2090 (metacat): Add new option for return set size.
- 01:31 PM Bug #162: need harvest/batch load for metacat
- Harvester has demonstrated basic functionality. The following
Harvester capabilities have been implemented:
- 05:49 PM Revision 2089 (metacat): Revise the handle query and squery method, not finished yet.
- 05:48 PM Revision 2088 (metacat): Add a new transform method.
- 05:47 PM Revision 2087 (metacat): Add a new transferm method for string reader.
- 03:23 PM Revision 2086 (metacat): Implement harvester scheduing capabilities and sending email reports to the Harvester Administrator
- 03:19 PM Revision 2085 (metacat): Validate user input data in registration servlet
- 03:18 PM Revision 2084 (metacat): Improve authorization logic for single file uload servlet
- 03:17 PM Revision 2083 (metacat): Add delete capability to single file upload servlet
- 03:15 PM Revision 2082 (metacat): Updates to static html login and upload
- 03:14 PM Revision 2081 (metacat): Add delay and smtpServer properties
- 01:36 PM Bug #1323: Registry: Need to check that all entry fields do not include any <, > and other characters
I think I fixed most of the cases. But then Marc Meyer reported to be having a
problem. So I need to check again. ...
- 01:34 PM Bug #1321: Registry: Selection from project list is entered under organization name
Not a bug but a feature.
- 01:31 PM Bug #1311: Registry: Links should open in a new window and windows should move to front
2) can be fixed by adding window.focus() to the event. I am not closing this
bug yet as I will get to it after Morpho.
- 01:26 PM Bug #1308: Change text in Data set Contact
- 01:25 PM Bug #1304: Add view button in addition to Edit and Delete button in resultset.xsl
- Fixed earlier.
- 01:22 PM Bug #1346: The results sent back in response to query should be sorted
This bug is fixed. The fix is not in the metacat code but in the resultset.xsl.
So now when the result has been gen...
- 12:39 PM Bug #1427: xml_index constrains depth of paths that can be inserted
- Now this change has been tested on postgres and oracle. A bug in the SQL that
prevented it from working on oracle is...
- 12:34 PM Bug #1232: cookie needs to be written after knb page login
- What I've done:
(4) has been temporarily resolved by adding:
form_ref.sessionid.value="<current sessionID here, or...
- 12:08 PM Bug #162: need harvest/batch load for metacat
- Duane, I'm preparing for a new release of metacat. Is this harvester code ready
to ship? Please provide an update i...
- 11:56 AM Bug #1235: enable passthrough parameters to support stysheet params
- FIXED. Closing bug as feature has been tested now.
- 11:49 AM Bug #1137: add a metacat-info action
- FIXED. Added a "getversion" command to determine which version is running.
This does not return other information f...
- 11:45 AM Revision 2080 (metacat): Set content type properly for getversion action.
- 11:42 AM Revision 2079 (metacat): Added a simple action for finding out the current metacat version. The information is pulled from the property file, so be sure to update the version in the property file before shipping a release.
- 09:05 AM Bug #1296: Registry: Need to login before the form is filled
- Also, once login is established first, then the stylesheets can be smart about
which of the records a given user can ...
- 04:05 PM Revision 2078 (metacat): Fixed a bug in the new recursive SQL statements that prevented them from operating on oracle. Now they should work on both oracle and postgres.
- 02:26 PM Bug #1427: xml_index constrains depth of paths that can be inserted
- The solution(2) above has been implemented and checked into CVS. Now, the
metacat.properties files has a new option ...
- 02:20 PM Bug #1427 (Resolved): xml_index constrains depth of paths that can be inserted
- When an XML document contains a deeply nested structure, metacat accepts the
document for storage in xml_nodes, but ...
- 02:08 PM Bug #94: add DOM interface support to metacat
- We're not going to make this change. Its a huge architectural change with
little direct benefit.
- 02:06 PM Bug #186: add web metadata entry form for Metacat
- FIXED. The current source for this feature is in
"src/perl/register-dataset.cgi" and the templates are in
- 01:36 PM Revision 2077 (metacat): Reformatted source for readability and conformance.
- 01:35 PM Revision 2076 (metacat): Excluded the update of the xml_index table in insert,update, and delete if the usexmlindex option is set to false.
- 10:09 AM Revision 2075 (metacat): Reformatted DBQuery.java for readability and consistency.
- 10:02 AM Revision 2074 (metacat): Changed printAttributeQuery() to no longer depend on the xml_index table. Now, if useXMLIndex is false, the method will use a recursive query on xml_nodes to match paths instead of using xml_index.
- 03:50 PM Revision 2073 (metacat): Some refactoring of the printExtendedSQL()
- methods to eliminate redundancy in the code and
to provide more readable documentation.
- 01:59 PM Revision 2072 (metacat): Moved decision about whether to use xml_index for
- query to the metacat.properties as "usexmlindex". Default
is now false. Still have some refactoring to do to remove ...
- 11:39 AM Revision 2071 (metacat): Replaced properties file that I accidentally overwrote. Reverting to 1.3.
- 11:24 AM Revision 2069 (metacat): Created new printExtendedSQL function that can get the extended
- return fields using only xml_nodes and not xml_index. One
step closer to eliminating the dependence ofn xml_index.
Also available in: Atom