From 01/19/2009 to 02/17/2009
- 04:32 PM Bug #3826 (Resolved): Remove jdbc properties from build.properties if not needed
- Per Duane Costa:
The 'database' property and all the 'jdbc' properties
are still in t...
- 04:29 PM Bug #3825 (Resolved): indexPaths should be more readable in build.properties
- Per Duane Costa:
'indexPaths' is an important property, but its value is
- 04:27 PM Bug #3824 (Resolved): Normalize the app deploy dir in build.properties
- Per Duane Costa:
in build.properties file:
- 04:26 PM Bug #3823 (Resolved): "make" dependency causes build to fail on windows
- Per duane costa:
There's a platform dependency on 'make' which is a blocker for building the source distribution o...
- 04:24 PM Bug #3822 (Resolved): Spatial part of advanced search doesn't work
- Per Duane Costa:
I tested a number of searches in the 'default' skin and almost everything ran fine. However, the...
- 04:01 PM Revision 4811 (metacat): Replace System.out.println statements with logMetacat statements.
- 02:45 PM Revision 4810 (metacat): moved file from metacat/bin to metacat/src/scripts/bash since eclipse uses <project>/bin as a default build directory and these files will consistently get blown away locally by eclipse.
- 02:22 PM Revision 4809 (metacat): Replace System.out.println statements with logMetacat statements.
- 09:37 AM Bug #3819: Error writing to replication log
- 09:36 AM Bug #3819 (Resolved): Error writing to replication log
- If the replication log directory does not exist, the replication code throws warnings. Changed the PropertyAdmin to ...
- 09:32 AM Revision 4808 (metacat): Update replication documentation and fix code so that replication log is available.
- 09:30 AM Revision 4807 (metacat): Add troubleshooting instructions for map issues with firefox 3 and safari
- 09:29 AM Revision 4806 (metacat): remove semicolon at the end of xml.useFullSchemaValidation property.
- 09:28 AM Revision 4805 (metacat): Separate the concept of a backup file location and a metacat external directory location. These can be totally different.
- 02:12 PM Bug #3818: Maps don't load for mac and windows
- Windows needed to be rebooted to work.
The mac issues were known issues. Mapbuilder will not work right against f...
- 11:41 AM Bug #3818: Maps don't load for mac and windows
- Seeing this in Safari on mac as well
- 11:14 AM Bug #3818 (Resolved): Maps don't load for mac and windows
- Maps are not loading on mac running firefox 3.0.1 and Win XP running firefox 3.0.6 (those were all we tested so far)....
- 09:06 AM Bug #3817: Documents with DTD declarations cannot be inserted
- Fixed the DTD registration in the xml_catalog table.
Now just warning about pre-existing DTDs when [re]fetching from ...
- 09:02 AM Bug #3817 (Resolved): Documents with DTD declarations cannot be inserted
Working with Choonhan Youn at SDSC (firstname.lastname@example.org): they are developing a skin that makes use of the FG...
- 05:40 PM Revision 4803 (metacat): Fixes include:
- -Overwriting existing DTDs on the filesystem if they exist and registration in the DB failed
-only registering a DTD ...
- 02:52 PM Revision 4802 (metacat): Fix formatting for ecogrid testing section
- 02:33 PM Revision 4801 (metacat): Add instructions for how to test the web registry, web ldap, and ecogrid registry service.
- 10:36 AM Bug #3814: Backed up directories are not getting read during configuration
- fixed on bug 3813
- 10:36 AM Bug #3813: Local save of backup location is not being written
- Made sure a local file was written to the user's home directory. The file is at <user_home>/.<application_context>
- 05:25 PM Revision 4800 (metacat): do not include the column name when inserting into an auto-increment column
- 04:50 PM Revision 4799 (metacat): Make sure and write the shortcut to the backup directory to a directory in the users home.
- 01:05 PM Bug #3815: Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- Register-dataset.cgi may not have any testing itself, but it is based on Metacat.pm which does have a test suite in t...
- 12:33 PM Bug #3815: Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- To properly fix this bug, we'll need to add tests for character conversions, to make sure that we aren't introducing ...
- 05:35 PM Bug #3815 (Resolved): Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- Ampersands are encoded as "&" within register-dataset.cgi in normalize(), but documents uploaded have a "%26amp;"...
- 12:36 PM Bug #3816: Export action doesn't create complete package
- Add an explicit test for this action, by uploading a new document with associated files, then downloading the resulti...
- 06:02 PM Bug #3816 (Closed): Export action doesn't create complete package
- When using the export action, two bugs are noticeable:
1. Documents with associated data tables have files with t...
- 11:45 AM Bug #3812: Registry service will fail when registering new services
- Updated the MetacatImpl.xml build file in seek to include the ecogrid registry service xml schema files. Added the s...
- 08:59 AM Revision 4798 (metacat): Prepend the web application name to the log message.
- 05:16 PM Bug #3814 (Resolved): Backed up directories are not getting read during configuration
- Once metacat is configured after the initial installation, the configured values should be saved. The global propert...
- 05:05 PM Bug #3813 (Resolved): Local save of backup location is not being written
- If the tomcat user has a home directory, a file should get written to it in ~/.metacat/<application>_backup_location....
- 03:01 PM Revision 4797 (metacat): Add the service registration xml schema to the database. The ecogrid build will add the schema files to the application (see seek)
- 03:17 PM Bug #3811: Spatial caches should be backed up and restored
- Matt Perry and I discussed having them be located outside of the knb context dir many times. We both agreed it was a...
- 03:07 PM Bug #3812 (Resolved): Registry service will fail when registering new services
- The xml used to register a new registry service will fail because the schema location does not exist and we validate ...
- 01:50 PM Bug #3811 (Resolved): Spatial caches should be backed up and restored
- Right now it takes over 40 minutes for the spacial caches to be generated every time metacat is upgraded on knb. The...
- 01:46 PM Bug #3806: Multiple instances of metacat will try to back up configuration to the same directory
- Changed the configuration to back up properties to a subdirectory named for the context.
- 11:45 AM Revision 4796 (metacat): use "prompt" xpath that matches current QTI serialization
- 04:01 PM Revision 4795 (metacat): Allow for backup properties to be written to context based subdirectory of the external configuration directory. This allow multiple instances of metacat to be run side by side.
- 03:12 PM Bug #3806 (Resolved): Multiple instances of metacat will try to back up configuration to the same directory
- When metacat autodiscovers the backup directories, it will find the same directory for multiple instances of metacat ...
- 02:15 PM Revision 4792 (metacat): handle case when there is a single question on the assessment
- 02:14 PM Revision 4791 (metacat): correct spelling of "Assessment"
- 11:10 AM Bug #3784: Docs don't drop off of esa moderator's list once they are approved
- Changed the xml access paths to reflect EML 2.1.0, adding the 2.1.0 paths to indexing and changing the paths for quer...
- 09:15 AM Bug #3784 (Resolved): Docs don't drop off of esa moderator's list once they are approved
- The doc keeps showing up even after the moderator approves it. It looks like the query to get the moderators list is...
- 11:06 AM Revision 4790 (metacat): Update xml paths for 2.1.0 access structure. Added the 2.1.0 path for indexing. Changed from 2.0 to 2.1.0 for querying.
- 10:15 AM Revision 4789 (metacat): Add a short sleep when moderator accepts document so system can update. This will make sure correct documents get returned to moderators list.
- 10:12 AM Revision 4788 (metacat): Remove moderators from esa skin configuration. This is currently handled via global configuration in metacat.properties
- 09:13 AM Bug #3781: Add admin user/password configuration to esa skin configuration
- Added user/password configuration. Also removed moderator configuration from skin since we currently use the auth.mo...
- 05:16 PM Revision 4787 (metacat): change "blah blah" to something more respectable
- 10:15 AM Bug #3783 (New): Optimize ESA moderator queries
- The queries used to get information for ESA moderators are very slow. They may work fine against a limited db (like ...
- 04:46 PM Revision 4786 (metacat): Add admin email to the esa skin configuration
- 04:31 PM Revision 4785 (metacat): Change name of writeTempFile to writeTempUploadFile since this instance deals with the temporary upload dir specifically
- 04:29 PM Revision 4784 (metacat): Make esa admin user and password configurable
- 03:31 PM Bug #3781 (Resolved): Add admin user/password configuration to esa skin configuration
- ESA uses and admin account when datasets are registered. This needs to be configurable in the esa skin config. This...
- 10:31 AM Bug #3780: Register dataset with data file fails on saeon skin
- Changed the MetacatUtil.writeTempFile to write to an "upload" temp directory to avoid conflicts with the registry code.
- 08:36 AM Bug #3780 (Resolved): Register dataset with data file fails on saeon skin
- Registering a data set on the saeon skin with a data file fails. It comes back with the following error: "Failed to ...
- 10:28 AM Revision 4782 (metacat): Added exception to error xml to clarify error to api.
- 10:27 AM Revision 4781 (metacat): writeTempFile was trying to write the same file as the registry. Changed to write the file to an "upload" subdirectory. Also throws IOException so errors get reported back to api.
- 04:50 PM Bug #3779: A missing $skin.properties.metadata.xml file causes metacat to fail
- I had put in code to handle a missing <Skin>.properties file but not the skin.metadata.xml file
That is now caught, ...
- 04:49 PM Bug #3778: Null sessionids causing configuration to fail
- This turned out to be a byproduct of a bad skin configuration. I went ahead and added checks for null session ids so...
- 04:38 PM Revision 4780 (metacat): Handle sessions with null ids gracefully.
- 04:38 PM Revision 4779 (metacat): Do not throw exception when skin metadata file is missing. Instead, remove the skin from the available skins list, write an error message to the log and continue on. This was already done for the skins properties file.
- 03:59 PM Bug #3779 (Resolved): A missing $skin.properties.metadata.xml file causes metacat to fail
- If a skin lacks a $skin.properties.metadata.xml file, Metacat will throw this error on startup:
MC 15:33:01,688: [...
- 03:07 PM Bug #3778: Null sessionids causing configuration to fail
Jan 26, 2009 2:15:48 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
- 02:46 PM Bug #3778 (Resolved): Null sessionids causing configuration to fail
- null session Id's are causing metacat to throw null pointer exceptions
- 01:46 PM Revision 4778 (metacat): Check for null session ID when touching session.
- 01:13 PM Bug #3776: LTER logged in link is broken
- LTER Skin has a branding_extensions.js file that overrides branding.js. Added the contextURL to the insertLoginBox m...
- 11:23 AM Bug #3776 (Resolved): LTER logged in link is broken
- On the LTER skin, the "logged in" link tries to take you to:
- 01:10 PM Revision 4777 (metacat): Add the context url as a parameter to insertLoginBox() in branding_extensions.js.
- 01:07 PM Bug #3777 (Resolved): Move Tomcat libraries into metacat build
- Right now, the Tomcat libraries (javax.http...) are referenced via the Tomcat install directory on the build machine....
- 11:22 AM Bug #3775: Unaffiliated is only organization to show up at login time
- Added org.name.<orgname>= values back to metacat.properties so all organizations show up on login dropdowns.
- 08:38 AM Bug #3775 (Resolved): Unaffiliated is only organization to show up at login time
- When trying to log in via ldapweb.cgi, the only organization available is Unaffiliated.
- 10:19 AM Revision 4776 (metacat): Get the organization list from org.name.<orgname>= property. Add these values back into metacat.properties.
- 03:42 PM Revision 4775 (metacat): Changed spatial and taxonomic display option to true.
- 03:40 PM Revision 4774 (metacat): Changing the ChangePassword method to fix password reset broke the password change functionality. Moved the fix (add dc to username) into the handleResetPassword function.
- 03:34 PM Bug #3772: Error when trying to reset ldap password
- The dc was not being appended to the user name for password reset. Added it in the handleResetPassword method. Also...
- 11:10 AM Revision 4773 (metacat): Fix typo after the error message
- 10:24 AM Bug #3773 (New): Remove places where document is read into memory
- There is at least one place where metadata is read into memory. This is done when the doc needs to be written to dis...
- 09:39 AM Revision 4772 (metacat): Include the dc in the user name when connecting to ldap to change password.
- 03:25 PM Bug #3772 (Resolved): Error when trying to reset ldap password
- When trying to reset the password in the nceas skin, the following is returned:
"failed to log in. Are you sure y...
- 03:05 PM Bug #3762: Allow LDAPweb to continue working when referrals are down
- Simple fix applied in r4771.
- 03:04 PM Revision 4771 (metacat): Handle non-responsive LDAP referrals without killing the script, but still require the main LDAP to be up.
- 02:40 PM Bug #3767: Links on the ldap-web account creation page are broken
- Added cgiPrefix to the available template variables in ldapweb.cgi.
- 11:41 AM Bug #3767 (Resolved): Links on the ldap-web account creation page are broken
- The page that has the ldap new account creation form has links at the top to Register and Logout. These links are mi...
- 02:39 PM Revision 4770 (metacat): Add cgiPrefix to the template variables.
- 10:36 AM Bug #3765: Backup configured passwords as encrypted values
- Along these lines of reasoning, security practices dictate never storing the plaintext password at all. Perhaps once...
- 10:11 AM Bug #3765 (New): Backup configured passwords as encrypted values
- Currently, the user has to add the passwords for the db, skins and metacat ldap web every time they upgrade. This sh...
- 04:30 PM Bug #3763: another permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- Metacat was checking for xml_access when uploading a new data file. Changed so that it only checks for existing data...
- 04:28 PM Revision 4769 (metacat): Don't worry about checking for user permissions when inserting a new document
- 12:03 PM Bug #3762: Allow LDAPweb to continue working when referrals are down
- This is already done in register-dataset.cgi so that broken referrals are skipped, so you can probably model the code...
- 11:32 AM Bug #3762 (Resolved): Allow LDAPweb to continue working when referrals are down
- Currently, the LDAPweb script iterates over each referrer when checking for existing names. If one of these fails to...
- 11:37 AM Bug #3763 (Resolved): another permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- When registering a dataset with a data file, Metacat is throwing the following exception:
MC 14:29:17,633: [ERROR]...
- 11:16 AM Bug #3384: Implement and test turnkey installation on windows
- this has been implemented and tested
- 11:15 AM Bug #3761 (Closed): Add ability for admin user to log out
- Currently in the configuration utility, the admin user can only log in as a new user. Should also have the ability t...
- 09:31 AM Revision 4768 (metacat): add instruction to install scalar::util for registry
- 12:26 PM Revision 4767 (metacat): Add a few more debugging messages to LDAPweb to help find timeout issues
- 12:20 PM Bug #3757: Error when creating ldap account via nceas skin on dev
- Fixed by installing Scalar::Util with cpan:
> force install Scalar::Util
A redhat specific issue, explained in...
- 11:34 AM Bug #3757 (Resolved): Error when creating ldap account via nceas skin on dev
- When submitting a new ldap account on dev in the nceas skin, a blank screen is returned.
The following errors show...
- 12:16 PM Bug #3758: Permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- Temporary directory wasn't writable by apache on dev. Updated to enable file writing, should now work as expected.
- 12:07 PM Bug #3758 (Resolved): Permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- Registering a dataset with all fields filled in and an attached data doc comes back with a blank screen. The apache ...
- 12:03 PM Bug #3756: Passwords should not persist to backup files
- Added code to check if field is a password. If so, don't back it up.
- 10:09 AM Revision 4766 (metacat): Do not back up password properties
- 10:05 AM Revision 4765 (metacat): change the eml tag to RC4 instead of head.
- 02:33 PM Revision 4764 (metacat): Add documentation for serviced based architecture and utilties classes.
- 12:41 PM Bug #3756 (Resolved): Passwords should not persist to backup files
- Currently, the unaffiliated login password gets persisted to the auth.properties.backup file. This should never happ...
- 12:18 PM Bug #3752: New skins cause metacat to fail if all configuration files do not exist
- Changed SkinsAdmin to allow Metacat to start up even if certain skins are in metacat.properties but not structured co...
- 11:53 AM Revision 4762 (metacat): Only configure skins that are correctly configured in the skins directory.
- 11:52 AM Revision 4761 (metacat): Check for existance of backup file location at startup time.
- 10:44 AM Bug #3755 (New): Change property service to return null for blank properties
- Right now the PropertyService returns "" for empty properties. It should return null. This will required quite a bi...
Also available in: Atom