From 09/15/2000 to 10/14/2000
- 03:43 PM Bug #137: need admin client for managing SRB systems
- Reassigned to David because he will be implementing the admin client.
- 03:41 PM Bug #152: Port SRB1_1_8 changes to Linux x86
- Reassigned to Owen because he has main responsibility for the SRB work.
- 03:40 PM Bug #160: need resource restriction capability
- Check with Raja (Arcto Rajasekar). He has told us in the past that this feature
was at least partially completed.
- 03:39 PM Bug #160 (Resolved): need resource restriction capability
- Earlier versions of the SRB allowed any user to access and write to any
SRB-registered storage resource. We need to...
- 02:58 PM Revision 500 (metacat): Fixed typo in stylesheet.
- 12:33 PM Revision 499 (metacat): More user interface changes to the HTML MARINE interface. Minor
- rearrangement of columns, some link changes.
- 06:40 PM Revision 498 (metacat): Replaced imagemap with anchor links in the web interface to simplify the
submit the form when the link is clicked.
- 06:50 PM Revision 497 (metacat): Various changes to improve consistency of the MARINE and METACAT user
- interfaces as presented through the XSL->HTML conversions. Eliminated
one (extraneous) copy of the rowcol.css style ...
- 02:51 PM Bug #138: use LDAP as optional directory for authentication
- The changes described inthe previous comment are checked into CVS uder a
separate branch with the tag "AUTH_LDAP".
- 02:50 PM Bug #138: use LDAP as optional directory for authentication
- Designed and implemented a new abstract authentication interface
(AuthInterface.java) in metacat that allows the meta...
- 04:28 PM Revision 491 (metacat): Included script for insert of all eml dtds.
- 03:48 PM Revision 489 (metacat): added functionality to return the doctype of a relation in a relationdoctype tag. This information is now returned automatically in the resultset under the path resultset/relation/relationdoctype.
- 03:47 PM Revision 488 (metacat): added ability to enterpret relationdoctype tag.
- 02:26 PM Revision 487 (metacat): added new linkage to the title in the table
- 02:23 PM Revision 486 (metacat): removed debug print statements.
- 02:16 PM Revision 485 (metacat): added code for getting stylized related documents
- 12:55 PM Revision 483 (metacat): allowed both indexing threads to run without interfering with each other.
- 08:05 AM Revision 482 (metacat): made package changes
- 10:56 AM Revision 481 (metacat): - cleared copyfile of marine.properties since it is no longer in use
- - added copyfile of srbProps.properties from xmltodb/lib to the servlet classpath
same like metacat.properties
- 10:32 AM Revision 480 (metacat): moved it from src/edu/ucsb/nceas/metacat dir to here
- 03:37 PM Revision 478 (metacat): fixed bug that caused a nullPointerException when a null resultset was returned.
- 01:52 PM Revision 477 (metacat): changed the look of relations
- 11:55 AM Bug #154: change INSERT to fail if docid exists
- DONE as suggested from Dan:
prevent insertion and show a message if Accession# is provided
and is already in use
- 11:01 AM Bug #154 (Resolved): change INSERT to fail if docid exists
- Higgins writes:
I have a suggestion for a change in the behavoir of Insert commands in Metacat.
Presently, if one ...
- 11:05 AM Revision 476 (metacat): Changed to prevent the insertion if the provided Accession# is in use as Dan suggested.
- 02:37 PM Revision 475 (metacat): removed system.out.printlns
- 01:12 PM Revision 474 (metacat): added a "server" parameter which tells the system the path to the server on which metacat is running. This is used for metacat:// urls.
- 01:11 PM Revision 473 (metacat): added support for urls of the form "metacat://server.xyz.com?docid=XXX:yy"
- 01:10 PM Revision 472 (metacat): added package and resource data and structures
- 12:47 PM Bug #48: need an option to do xml indexing asynchronously
- Need a way to show a response of the work done by that thread
- 09:11 AM Bug #130: remove the title hack from metacat
- Because of complications with the dmanclient this will be fixed sometime after
the kdi meeting.
- 08:31 AM Bug #31: need dataset id reference from metadata
- Added datasetid to resource. Also, the package dtd and schema are defined and
implemented in metacatServlet.
- 08:23 AM Bug #113: need "dataset oriented" html interface for results
- Created a backtracking scheme derived from relationships entered under the
package dtd. The servlet parameter return...
- 04:02 PM Revision 471 (metacat): Separate thread used for writing into xml_index table.
- This cut the time of the response on insert almost in half.
The tread is started afterwards
(on end of document parsi...
- 03:09 PM Revision 470 (metacat): added new fields
- 03:09 PM Revision 469 (metacat): added support for returndoc handling.
- 03:08 PM Revision 468 (metacat): added a packagedoctype parameter so that the servlet knows what kind of doctype a package
- 03:08 PM Revision 467 (metacat): updated for returndoc field
- 03:07 PM Revision 466 (metacat): This class syncronously indexes any package file that is loaded into the database.r
- 03:06 PM Revision 465 (metacat): Added backtrack functionality. Backtracking works by passing a returndoc parameter. There can be more than one. If a document that is hit by a query is not of type returndoc then it searches the database for a related file of type returndoc. If one is found it is displayed, if no relation is found, the original is displayed.
- Support was also added for an index of relations. the table xml_relation handles the all of the relation indexing.
- 01:03 PM Revision 464 (metacat): included new method getPoolSize()
- 03:39 PM Bug #35: SRB RMI server doesn't authenticate after first connection
- This big has been fixed, but needs to be revisited with changes added to srb
- 10:51 AM Bug #46: metacat insert fails on some documents
- I talked with Dan. It seems us that this bug disappeared - probably was fixed
- 10:28 AM Bug #30: get dataguide function needed by client
- It is already DONE and used by dmanclient appl.
- 08:17 AM Bug #128: change resource public ID in the catalog
- this was added 9/25/00. It was also added to the loadstylesheets.sql file.
- 01:52 PM Bug #152 (Resolved): Port SRB1_1_8 changes to Linux x86
- Port SRB1_1_8 changes to Linux x86. SRB1_1_7 has been ported to run on Linux,
but in parallel to changes made to SR...
- 04:09 PM Bug #151 (Resolved): need doctype equivalence specification
- Metadata document types will certainly evolve, and as they do, some applications
that depend on those types will bre...
- 04:05 PM Bug #150 (Resolved): metacat accepts invalid documents
- Currently, the metacat servlet accepts documents that are not valid according to
their type. We need to change this...
- 04:00 PM Bug #129: Metacat Performance: paged Query Returns
- *** Bug 147 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- 04:00 PM Bug #147: return partial resultsets
- Feature was already described by berkley.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 129 ***
- 03:39 PM Bug #147 (Resolved): return partial resultsets
- Need feature in metacat that allows the client to specify if only a partial
resultset should be returned for a query...
- 03:57 PM Bug #149 (Resolved): Need revision number to uniquely specify docid
- The xml_documents.docid field is currently used to store the metadata identifier
for all xml documents. However, ou...
- 03:43 PM Bug #92: need access control tracking for metadata documents
- Changed target milestone to Beta2
- 03:42 PM Bug #148 (Resolved): node-level granularity for ACLs
- Feature requested to be able to specify ACLs with node-level granularity, so
that portions of XML documents can be r...
- 03:16 PM Bug #138 (Resolved): use LDAP as optional directory for authentication
- May be powerful to use an LDAP server or network to handle authentication rather
than the current MCAT authenticatio...
- 03:13 PM Bug #137 (Resolved): need admin client for managing SRB systems
- Need an adminsitrative utility modeled after the srb admin utility for managing
the distributed srb network, users o...
- 02:50 PM Revision 463 (metacat): added extra timing information to the main() driver method.
- 01:25 PM Revision 462 (metacat): fix the small bug with output like:
- Fatal processing error
- 01:22 PM Revision 461 (metacat): writeDocID() not needed any more
- throw SAXException from everywhere
- 01:21 PM Revision 460 (metacat): on character(cbuf, start, len) included:
- if currentNode.getTagName().equals("title")
instead of using:
- 01:15 PM Revision 459 (metacat): change Assession# generation to use the same db connection
- 01:07 PM Bug #131 (Resolved): add doctype identifier to returnfields
- a returnfield should not only include the path to an element but also the
doctype from which it should be selected. ...
- 01:05 PM Bug #130 (Resolved): remove the title hack from metacat
- Remove the "hack" that puts the title of a document into the xml_documents table
and replace it with a returnfield t...
- 01:02 PM Bug #129 (Closed): Metacat Performance: paged Query Returns
- If a query returns more than n results, then only n results should be shown to
the user at a time. This functionali...
- 01:00 PM Bug #128 (Resolved): change resource public ID in the catalog
- The public ID of eml-resource documents needs to be changed in the catalog to
fit with the standard syntax of public...
- 12:58 PM Bug #97: combine printExtendedSQL and printSQL methods into one
- At this time, I think it is better to leave the two methods seperate. It is
cleaner to do it this way because even i...
- 12:52 PM Bug #28: need doctype backtracing/linking feature as part of doctype filter
- same as bug 113
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 113 ***
- 12:52 PM Bug #113: need "dataset oriented" html interface for results
- *** Bug 28 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- 12:51 PM Bug #113: need "dataset oriented" html interface for results
- This addition to the functionality will be aided by the completion of the
package spec. Packaging can be used to cre...
- 10:55 AM Bug #113 (Resolved): need "dataset oriented" html interface for results
- The current HTML interface displays result sets as a table, with all metadata
documents displayed. We need to modi...
- 12:50 PM Bug #98: add download action to marineservlet
- This functionality was added to metacatservlet. It can be accessed through
- 12:49 PM Bug #114: need interface for package info and downloading
- The packaging functionality is now working. Functionality for downloading a zip
file containing all of the package f...
- 10:57 AM Bug #114 (Resolved): need interface for package info and downloading
- Need to modify the current HTML interface for marine to allow display of the
"package" relationships and allow for ...
- 11:09 AM Bug #117 (Resolved): need new HTML interface allowing boolean search
- Need a new HTML interface for the marine servlet that allows construction of a
simple boolean expression for search...
- 10:58 AM Revision 458 (metacat): Updated the download data function. the download data function now pulls a document from the database, zips it up and sends the zip stream to the client. It also zips up any related files. a relation parameter is used to pass related files to the servlet. If only one document should be zipped and sent, a single docid in the param hashtable is sufficient.
- 05:40 PM Revision 457 (metacat): changes related to decrease the time of INSERT of document.
- With these changes I inserted 200KB file for 3 minutes, 50KB for 50sec.
This is mainly simplifing the DBSAXNode class...
- 03:16 PM Revision 456 (metacat): updated this style sheet to display only resource documents and their related files. Also added hidden input params to the images on the left so that the related document info is sent back to the servlet when documentation or an abstract is requested.
- 12:53 PM Revision 455 (metacat): this stylesheet now processes relation information.
- 12:53 PM Revision 454 (metacat): This allows for the easy handling of metacat:// urls. The documentation in the source code explains the specification for the url in detail.
- 12:52 PM Revision 453 (metacat): Added functionality for package specifications. metacatservlet now contains a new action called getrelateddocument that handles retrieving related documents using the metacatURL specification (metacatURL.java). DBQuery contains new code in runQuery that embeds relation tags in the returned hashtable describing the documents related to each docid. querySpecification contains a new method which prints the sql that does the relation query.
Also available in: Atom