From 12/25/2008 to 01/23/2009
- 03:42 PM Revision 4775 (metacat): Changed spatial and taxonomic display option to true.
- 03:40 PM Revision 4774 (metacat): Changing the ChangePassword method to fix password reset broke the password change functionality. Moved the fix (add dc to username) into the handleResetPassword function.
- 03:34 PM Bug #3772: Error when trying to reset ldap password
- The dc was not being appended to the user name for password reset. Added it in the handleResetPassword method. Also...
- 11:10 AM Revision 4773 (metacat): Fix typo after the error message
- 10:24 AM Bug #3773 (New): Remove places where document is read into memory
- There is at least one place where metadata is read into memory. This is done when the doc needs to be written to dis...
- 09:39 AM Revision 4772 (metacat): Include the dc in the user name when connecting to ldap to change password.
- 03:25 PM Bug #3772 (Resolved): Error when trying to reset ldap password
- When trying to reset the password in the nceas skin, the following is returned:
"failed to log in. Are you sure y...
- 03:05 PM Bug #3762: Allow LDAPweb to continue working when referrals are down
- Simple fix applied in r4771.
- 03:04 PM Revision 4771 (metacat): Handle non-responsive LDAP referrals without killing the script, but still require the main LDAP to be up.
- 02:40 PM Bug #3767: Links on the ldap-web account creation page are broken
- Added cgiPrefix to the available template variables in ldapweb.cgi.
- 11:41 AM Bug #3767 (Resolved): Links on the ldap-web account creation page are broken
- The page that has the ldap new account creation form has links at the top to Register and Logout. These links are mi...
- 02:39 PM Revision 4770 (metacat): Add cgiPrefix to the template variables.
- 10:36 AM Bug #3765: Backup configured passwords as encrypted values
- Along these lines of reasoning, security practices dictate never storing the plaintext password at all. Perhaps once...
- 10:11 AM Bug #3765 (New): Backup configured passwords as encrypted values
- Currently, the user has to add the passwords for the db, skins and metacat ldap web every time they upgrade. This sh...
- 04:30 PM Bug #3763: another permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- Metacat was checking for xml_access when uploading a new data file. Changed so that it only checks for existing data...
- 11:37 AM Bug #3763 (Resolved): another permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- When registering a dataset with a data file, Metacat is throwing the following exception:
MC 14:29:17,633: [ERROR]...
- 04:28 PM Revision 4769 (metacat): Don't worry about checking for user permissions when inserting a new document
- 12:03 PM Bug #3762: Allow LDAPweb to continue working when referrals are down
- This is already done in register-dataset.cgi so that broken referrals are skipped, so you can probably model the code...
- 11:32 AM Bug #3762 (Resolved): Allow LDAPweb to continue working when referrals are down
- Currently, the LDAPweb script iterates over each referrer when checking for existing names. If one of these fails to...
- 11:16 AM Bug #3384: Implement and test turnkey installation on windows
- this has been implemented and tested
- 11:15 AM Bug #3761 (Closed): Add ability for admin user to log out
- Currently in the configuration utility, the admin user can only log in as a new user. Should also have the ability t...
- 09:31 AM Revision 4768 (metacat): add instruction to install scalar::util for registry
- 12:26 PM Revision 4767 (metacat): Add a few more debugging messages to LDAPweb to help find timeout issues
- 12:20 PM Bug #3757: Error when creating ldap account via nceas skin on dev
- Fixed by installing Scalar::Util with cpan:
> force install Scalar::Util
A redhat specific issue, explained in...
- 11:34 AM Bug #3757 (Resolved): Error when creating ldap account via nceas skin on dev
- When submitting a new ldap account on dev in the nceas skin, a blank screen is returned.
The following errors show...
- 12:16 PM Bug #3758: Permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- Temporary directory wasn't writable by apache on dev. Updated to enable file writing, should now work as expected.
- 12:07 PM Bug #3758 (Resolved): Permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- Registering a dataset with all fields filled in and an attached data doc comes back with a blank screen. The apache ...
- 12:03 PM Bug #3756: Passwords should not persist to backup files
- Added code to check if field is a password. If so, don't back it up.
- 10:09 AM Revision 4766 (metacat): Do not back up password properties
- 10:05 AM Revision 4765 (metacat): change the eml tag to RC4 instead of head.
- 02:33 PM Revision 4764 (metacat): Add documentation for serviced based architecture and utilties classes.
- 12:41 PM Bug #3756 (Resolved): Passwords should not persist to backup files
- Currently, the unaffiliated login password gets persisted to the auth.properties.backup file. This should never happ...
- 12:18 PM Bug #3752: New skins cause metacat to fail if all configuration files do not exist
- Changed SkinsAdmin to allow Metacat to start up even if certain skins are in metacat.properties but not structured co...
- 11:53 AM Revision 4762 (metacat): Only configure skins that are correctly configured in the skins directory.
- 11:52 AM Revision 4761 (metacat): Check for existance of backup file location at startup time.
- 10:44 AM Bug #3755 (New): Change property service to return null for blank properties
- Right now the PropertyService returns "" for empty properties. It should return null. This will required quite a bi...
- 04:12 PM Bug #3753: backup directory configuration should only be shown when existing dir cannot be discovered
- Changed the MetacatAdminServlet so that it will only display the backup dir configuration if the system cannot discov...
- 04:11 PM Bug #3750: Cancel button on admin login page is a road to nowhere
- Changed the cancel link to take the user back to the context url
- 04:09 PM Revision 4760 (metacat): Only show the backup configuration screen if the system cannot discover a directory.
- 01:42 PM Revision 4759 (metacat): Go back to main context page when user cancels login.
- 09:31 AM Bug #3744: Add ldap client credentails to configuration utility
- Ldap client credentials added to configuration
- 07:43 PM Bug #3679: ESA skin needs to use EML 2.1.0
- Full circle testing of the ESA registry completed, and remaining bugs fixed in r4758. Fixed issues:
â€¢ omit port num...
- 07:41 PM Revision 4758 (metacat): A slew of fixes in the process of fixing bug #3679:
- - omit port number from the contextUrl if running on 80, looks bad in exposed URLs
- explicitly pass the metacat obj...
- 07:23 PM Revision 4757 (metacat): Kill more pesky ant tokens, replace URL references with fully qualified URL as this page is rendered into emails.
- 02:30 PM Revision 4756 (metacat): confirmData template changes for dealing with modified otherEntity data
- 01:39 PM Revision 4755 (metacat): fix ESA contextURL reference
- 11:38 AM Revision 4754 (metacat): - move moderatorComments into //additionalMetadata/metadata/ as per EML 2.1 (Bug #3679)
- - overlay skin-specific email properties on system-level properties (email hostname)
- 04:06 PM Revision 4753 (metacat): validate only required fields.
- 04:06 PM Revision 4752 (metacat): add the ability to validate that only required fields are populated.
- 04:05 PM Revision 4751 (metacat): Process affiliated ldap info
- 04:04 PM Revision 4750 (metacat): Add sections for the unaffiliated user configuration and add required field to appropriate fields
- 03:36 PM Bug #3725: Can't add new ldap account via ldapweb.cgi
- closing bug.
- 03:36 PM Bug #3725: Can't add new ldap account via ldapweb.cgi
- Wrong authentication information was being used, fixed in r4749.
- 03:32 PM Revision 4749 (metacat): Fix problem with failing authentication for creating new accounts. (Bug #3725)
- 03:08 PM Bug #3753 (Resolved): backup directory configuration should only be shown when existing dir cannot be discovered
- There is no reason to keep having the backup directory configuration screen show up every time on configuration.
- 03:05 PM Bug #3752 (Resolved): New skins cause metacat to fail if all configuration files do not exist
- When a skin is added to the code and to the skins list in metacat.properties, it will cause metacat to fail at startu...
- 03:03 PM Bug #3751 (Resolved): Move skins to external directory
- We need to move the skins to a directory outside of the application directories so they don't get blown away every ti...
- 05:27 PM Revision 4748 (metacat): minor change to help nick test irccat
- 05:20 PM Revision 4747 (metacat): Enable debugging for LDAPweb.
- 03:46 PM Bug #3750 (Resolved): Cancel button on admin login page is a road to nowhere
- When visiting the admin page prior to login, e.g.
The 'Cancel' button 40...
- 03:19 PM Revision 4746 (metacat): DRY out login request code
- 12:20 PM Revision 4745 (metacat): Ensure that file permission is always set. If unset, it'll cause the EML document to be invalid.
- 12:07 PM Bug #3319: Edit feature doesn't work on documents with uneditable fields
- Completed fix for modifying documents with otherEntity objects in r4744. The deletefile array generated by the entryF...
- 12:00 PM Revision 4744 (metacat): Complete implementation of otherEntity editing and deletion, syncronizing changes to EML document. Now all elements which are created by the form can also be edited (Bug #3319). Also prevented associated party duplication on modification.
- 11:11 AM Revision 4743 (metacat): Fix typos in error messages.
- 09:57 AM Bug #3744 (Resolved): Add ldap client credentails to configuration utility
- in order for the ldap web interface to work (change password, create account), metacat must be configured with the ld...
- 04:40 PM Bug #3743: undefined value error when submitting dataset with data file using registry
- A parameter was getting mistakenly read twice from the writeFile method. Shaun committed fix.
- 04:31 PM Bug #3743 (Resolved): undefined value error when submitting dataset with data file using registry
- When submitting a data set with an attached data file, a blank screen is returned. The apache error log has:
- 04:33 PM Revision 4742 (metacat): only shift once; fix typo in writeFile
- 03:22 PM Bug #3720: uninitialized value error when trying to create new login account on dev
- Fixed by making ldapweb.cgi match the current properties used by Metacat.
- 01:33 PM Bug #1552: Dependence of NCEAS registry on Admin database
- A number of changes to the AdminDB and the registry make this connection more reliable, and the error cases are well ...
- 01:28 PM Bug #3742 (New): Improve UI for selecting projects for NCEAS skin
- The existing UI for the NCEAS project listing is difficult to use, it contains (as of this writing) 539 projects and ...
- 12:33 PM Bug #3741: Can't redirect to registry page on dev server
- When missing any of the properties needed to connect to the AdminDB, the script failed. Fixed in r4761.
- 11:36 AM Bug #3741 (Resolved): Can't redirect to registry page on dev server
- I have the following problem on dev only. It works on my local dev system ...
When going to the registry site at:...
- 12:32 PM Revision 4741 (metacat): Fix issue with missing AdminDB parameters causing the registry script to fail (Bug #3741)
- 10:08 AM Bug #3731: Registering dataset via register-dataset.cgi fails with data file
- The system was checking the xml_access table for user permissions for new online files.
Changed the 2.1.0 EML Sax ha...
- 10:07 AM Bug #3732: Sitemap test is failing
- The sitemap file was being read into a 1024 byte buffer in the test case. Once the sitemap was greater than 1024, th...
- 04:43 PM Revision 4740 (metacat): Remove outdated CGI related build properties.
- 03:30 PM Revision 4739 (metacat): standardize registry debug messages with 'Registry:' prefix
- 02:37 PM Revision 4738 (metacat): Further fixes for allowing editing with otherEntity objects, completed deserialization and copying of file metadata from existing data objects (Bug #3319). Still needs more work.
- 12:28 PM Bug #3726: Help links do not work on NCEAS registry skin
- Typo was preventing template from rendering correctly, fixes in r4737.
- 12:27 PM Revision 4737 (metacat): fix typo preventing guide pages from showing (Bug #3726)
- 12:13 PM Bug #3736 (Closed): Remove confirmation message and reference to KNB on default search
- 09:48 AM Revision 4735 (metacat): The test was failing because it was reading the sitemap file into a buffer and the limit was being reached. Used the FileUtil string reader to get the file.
- 09:45 AM Revision 4734 (metacat): Move the logMetacat global
- 09:41 AM Revision 4733 (metacat): Only check user permissions for online data if the data already exists.
- 08:53 AM Bug #3732 (Resolved): Sitemap test is failing
- The sitemap junit test fails because it does not find a file that should be there. It looks like the file is not wri...
- 04:27 PM Bug #3731 (Resolved): Registering dataset via register-dataset.cgi fails with data file
- When registering a data set, if a file is attached, the following error is returned:
User tried to update an acces...
- 10:17 AM Bug #3728: Can't run advanced search in default skin
- The AdvancedSearchServlet was caching the system context before the configuration utility was run. If the user went ...
- 08:13 AM Bug #3728: Can't run advanced search in default skin
- Note, the comments originally added were from Duane C
- 08:12 AM Bug #3728 (Resolved): Can't run advanced search in default skin
- I did get a lot farther with the rc7 source distribution. I was able to install it on linux and get through the confi...
- 10:13 AM Revision 4732 (metacat): Get the metacat url from the SystemUtil.
- 08:44 AM Bug #3730 (New): Implement an isRequired field in the configuration metadata
- Add a field to tell if a configuration field is required so metacat can verify on the browser side at submit time.
- 08:32 AM Bug #3729 (Resolved): Add admin names as dropdown in configuration login
- Currently the user has to type in the full distinguished admin name to log in using ldap.
Instead, it would be nic...
- 04:37 PM Bug #3727: Registering dataset via register-dataset.cgi returns a blank page
- The nceas skin had debug on by default. If permissions are not set correctly on the temporary directory, the system ...
- 02:39 PM Bug #3727 (Resolved): Registering dataset via register-dataset.cgi returns a blank page
- The Apache error log has the following error:
Registry: Initialized -- stage set: confirmed
- 04:35 PM Revision 4731 (metacat): Don't die if the xml-debug file can't be written to the temporary directory. Instead, write a warning. Include the directions for making the temporary dir writable to the apache user in documentation.
- 02:36 PM Bug #3726 (Resolved): Help links do not work on NCEAS registry skin
- the "(What's this?) links do not work on the NCEAS skin.
Apache error log has the following error:
Use of unini...
- 02:30 PM Bug #3725 (Resolved): Can't add new ldap account via ldapweb.cgi
- When trying to add an ldap account, we get a "modifications require authentication" message.
The password has be...
- 12:34 PM Bug #2566: need to set filename for download files
- <below is copied from a recent email discussing the bug>
Bug resolved, with two outstanding issues:
- The metadata ...
- 12:29 PM Bug #3721: Some empty EML elements cause validator to fail
- Registry wasn't validating inputs for either data medium or usage rights. With the stricter requirements of EML 2.1, ...
- 12:26 PM Bug #3721: Some empty EML elements cause validator to fail
- Image of the completed form used by Chooyan to generate the EML SAX validation error.
- 12:28 PM Revision 4730 (metacat): Include error checking for required distribution elements, which must be non-empty strings in EML 2.1 (bug #3721).
- 10:28 AM Revision 4729 (metacat): Add back the auth.base variable to metacat.properties. Use this variable when creating ldap distinguished name.
- 10:19 AM Bug #3720: uninitialized value error when trying to create new login account on dev
- Updated ldapweb.cgi with proper properties definitions, is correctly generating pages but still needs further testing...
- 10:17 AM Revision 4728 (metacat): Update properties usage to be correct, use proper LDAP URL, move template function higher up to prevent prototyped subroutine definition issues.
- 08:20 AM Bug #3718: toolRef.model.getSRS error in console when rendering map
- Firefox? IE? Does it prevent the map from rendering?
- 01:52 PM Bug #3720: uninitialized value error when trying to create new login account on dev
- It looks like the ldapweb.cgi hasn't been updated for the most recent round of properties changes, and needs to have ...
- 11:35 AM Bug #3372: Integrate perl token replacement changes into token_replacement branch
- Token replacement has been completed, and is stable with the changes made for 1.9. A single set of Java properties a...
- 11:24 AM Bug #3721 (Resolved): Some empty EML elements cause validator to fail
- Some elements have to be populated if they exist in the doc. The registry currently creates them as empty elements a...
- 10:10 AM Bug #3719: $principal error when trying to register dataset.
- Uncommitted code in local copy checked in (r4726).
- 03:24 PM Bug #3720 (Resolved): uninitialized value error when trying to create new login account on dev
- After submitting the information to create a new login account on dev, the next page has no information (skin frames ...
- 01:50 PM Revision 4726 (metacat): Update moderators element to current token, fix undefined variable in ESA logic.
- 01:30 PM Bug #3719 (Resolved): $principal error when trying to register dataset.
- Hey Shaun, Can you help me look at this one? I get this in the apache error log when I try to register a dataset (tr...
- 10:13 AM Bug #3718 (Rejected): toolRef.model.getSRS error in console when rendering map
- When rendering a skin with a map, the following error shows up in the console.
Error: toolRef.model.getSRS is not ...
- 08:18 AM Bug #3686: Skins configuration files need to be secured
- added security-constraint sections to web.xml to restrict web access to *.cfg and *.properties files.
- 08:16 AM Revision 4725 (metacat): Try to create the backup directories before creating th ebackup files.
- 08:15 AM Revision 4724 (metacat): add security constraint sections to disallow access to *.cfg and *.properties files.
- 08:14 AM Revision 4723 (metacat): Add a section for skins testing
- 05:34 PM Revision 4722 (metacat): Add script for converting documents with docnames into the filename stored within the objectName field of the EML. This, along with changes in the 1.9 release should eliminate incorrect filenames (Bug #2566).
- 01:29 PM Bug #3686: Skins configuration files need to be secured
- We need to disallow web access. Apache deny rule?
- 09:23 AM Bug #3712: Allow for customization of backup directory location
- added a screen to choose the backup file location. Added discovery code to look in a system dir and user dir for exi...
- 09:22 AM Bug #3715: cgi links do not work on dev
- Changed the permissions of the cgi files to be executable by all. Updated the documentation accordingly.
- 09:21 AM Bug #3711: Create ANT install target for source distribution install
- changed dev-install target to install
- 04:35 PM Revision 4720 (metacat): change dev-install target to be install target
- 04:33 PM Revision 4719 (metacat): Create a propertyService.getTestInstance method to facilitate unit tests
- 04:31 PM Revision 4718 (metacat): change metacatconfigure.html to metacat-configure.html
- 04:31 PM Revision 4717 (metacat): Add image for backup directory configuration screen
- 04:30 PM Revision 4716 (metacat): Add source build instructions
- 04:30 PM Revision 4715 (metacat): change metacatconfigure.html to metacat-configure.html
- 01:25 PM Revision 4714 (metacat): Add backup configuration page
- 01:23 PM Revision 4713 (metacat): comment out temp-dir property
- 01:22 PM Revision 4712 (metacat): Add external (backup) directory discovery methods.
- 01:22 PM Revision 4711 (metacat): Remove org configuration methods since they are not used. Get the backup configuration directories when doing a bypass. Implement the refresh method.
- 01:20 PM Revision 4710 (metacat): This service now holds a registry of active services. Refreshing of services must go through this class. Also holds some common values that are discovered via servlet context.
- 01:18 PM Revision 4709 (metacat): Implement refresh methods inherited from base class
- 01:17 PM Revision 4708 (metacat): Remove the configuration directory from the PropertyService constructor
- 01:16 PM Revision 4707 (metacat): Do not worry about creating backup directories here
- 01:16 PM Revision 4706 (metacat): Use configured backup dir when discovering data directories
- 01:15 PM Revision 4705 (metacat): Do not worry about creating backup directories here
- 01:14 PM Revision 4704 (metacat): Handle backup configuration action
- 01:13 PM Revision 4703 (metacat): Class to support backup directory configuration
- 01:11 PM Revision 4702 (metacat): Deleted this file. Organization level configuration is not used.
- 01:11 PM Revision 4701 (metacat): Renamed MetaCatUtil to MetacatUtil
- 01:10 PM Revision 4700 (metacat): Renamed MetaCatUtil to MetacatUtil
- 01:09 PM Revision 4699 (metacat): Renamed MetaCatUtil to MetacatUtil
- 01:07 PM Revision 4698 (metacat): Renamed MetaCatUtil to MetacatUtil
- 01:05 PM Revision 4697 (metacat): Removed extra %> that showed up on page
- 01:04 PM Revision 4696 (metacat): Added backup directory properties
- 11:49 AM Bug #3715 (Resolved): cgi links do not work on dev
- Cannot connect to cgi login or registry pages on dev. We get an "Internal Server Error" message
- 09:50 AM Bug #3713: Database Upgrade/Install' utility detected database version 1.6.0 for 1.8.1 db
- Code to look at db indexes was converting table name to upper case. The caller should decide the case of the table n...
Also available in: Atom