From 09/30/2002 to 10/29/2002
- 02:59 PM Bug #634: Documentation of reference elements in the schemas
- Completed. All references elements now use res:ReferencesGroup, which contains
the documentation for the references ...
- 02:52 PM Bug #659: release tasks for eml-2.0.0rc3
- 5) Generate new png images
- 11:07 AM Bug #659 (Resolved): release tasks for eml-2.0.0rc3
- This is a tracking bug for tasks that need to be doen for the eml-2.0.0 release.
Add any housekeeping, non-controve...
- 11:08 AM Bug #365: Eml documentation for Seminars & LTER sites
- EML Primer is postponed until December 1 in order to be ready For the next Morpho release and for the Spring KNB semi...
- 09:49 AM Bug #656: physical should be repeatable
- Done. Made it repeatable, and updated the documentation. RESOLVED FIXED.
- 05:54 AM Bug #654: scope of the unit element
- So... an attribute with celsius units has an interval measurement scale, but one
with kelvin units has a ratio measu...
- 02:07 PM Bug #656 (Resolved): physical should be repeatable
- Point from Barbara Benson (NTL):
The physical element in EntityGroup should be repeatable to allow individuals to
- 01:07 PM Bug #654: scope of the unit element
- Comments from Barbara Benson show that our previous definition of ratio scale is
wrong. It is, in fact, an extension...
- 12:43 PM Bug #632: broken link in faq
- FIXED. Checked all links in the FAQ -- all seem to be working after the fixes.
- 12:58 PM Bug #655: need better model for numeric domains for attributes
- Does this belong in numeric domain or in measurement scale? seems like it
qualifies measuremnt scale rather than doma...
- 11:02 AM Bug #655 (Resolved): need better model for numeric domains for attributes
- We've found another problem with attributeDomain that needs to be fixed for the
EML 2 release. Currently, the numer...
- 11:17 AM Bug #629: unit conversion coefficients need checking
- Also, need to resolve issues with:
1) additional units that should be added
2) datetime values
3) non-linear unit co...
- 11:11 AM Bug #629: unit conversion coefficients need checking
- Tim checked these. There are some problems. See Tim's email for details.
Needs to be fixed for the EML 2 release.
- 11:13 AM Bug #632: broken link in faq
- Need to check all of the links in all of the docs before the 2.0.0 release.
Several were found to be broken, some of...
- 11:09 AM Bug #634: Documentation of reference elements in the schemas
- Should be done for the 2.0.0 release.
- 10:36 AM Bug #654: scope of the unit element
Thanks for the excellent summary. I think I agree with this approach, excpet
for one point: the "library" att...
- 10:02 AM Bug #654 (Resolved): scope of the unit element
- Discussion of stmml has revealed several isses, one of which is the fact that
units, as expressed by stmml, are app...
- 09:56 AM Bug #365: Eml documentation for Seminars & LTER sites
- Continuing to make progress but may not be ready for 2.0 rollout. I have been
putting more effort into developing the...
- 09:22 AM Bug #633: Lineage - should it be removed from the schemas?
- already done
- 09:20 AM Bug #626: ProcedureStepType schema needs revision to protect sequence of descriptions.
- see bug 624
- 09:19 AM Bug #625: Cardinality regarding eml-methods should be corrected in two places.
- see bug 624 for details
- 09:18 AM Bug #624: eml-methods/methodsType needs clarification on choice/sequence
- Made changes to ProcedureStepType and MethodsType. MethodsType model changed
from choice to sequence as indicated in ...
- 08:21 AM Bug #638: request for id/ref in attributeDomain
- I agree that it makes sense to do it at attributeDomain rather than each of the
options below it.
I cant think of to...
- 08:09 AM Bug #637: attributeDomain should be required
- In hindsight, i wish we had thought to put all of these things (domain,
precision, unit, etc, nested under the approp...
- 03:00 PM Bug #638 (Resolved): request for id/ref in attributeDomain
- Barbara Benson representing NTL LTER site made the following request:
> 3) Here is a suggested addition to EM...
- 02:48 PM Bug #637 (Resolved): attributeDomain should be required
- The RC2 release shows attribute/attributeDomain as an oprional element. This
used to be required, and as far as I k...
- 01:30 PM Bug #634 (Resolved): Documentation of reference elements in the schemas
- I can't remember what we decided on documenting "references" elements inside the
schemas. They are currently not doc...
- 01:26 PM Bug #633 (Resolved): Lineage - should it be removed from the schemas?
- We had discussed removing lineage from the schemas. Is this still the plan? If
so someone needs to do it.
If we a...
- 11:50 AM Bug #632 (Resolved): broken link in faq
- There is a broken link in the FAQ. It is in item 4 "formal specification" and
it should be linked to /software/eml...
- 01:52 PM Bug #629 (Resolved): unit conversion coefficients need checking
- The multipliers in the eml-unitDictionary.xml file need to be checked for each
unit in the file. There is also one ...
- 12:40 PM Bug #628: eml-physical has lit: rather than cit: references
- FIXED, and the milestone now properly reflects when it was fixed.
- 12:39 PM Bug #628: eml-physical has lit: rather than cit: references
- Reopening bug to reassign the target milestone to properly reflect when it was
- 10:52 AM Bug #628: eml-physical has lit: rather than cit: references
- changed xmlns=lit to xmlns=cit and lit:CitationType to cit:CitationType to
maintain consistency with other modules.
- 09:59 AM Bug #628 (Resolved): eml-physical has lit: rather than cit: references
- I just noticed that eml-phyiscal references citations with lit: rather that cit:
as is the case with the other modules.
- 10:02 AM Bug #627: links broken in EML FAQ
- OK, fixed the link in the FAQ. RESOLVED FIXED.
- 09:46 AM Bug #627 (Resolved): links broken in EML FAQ
- The EML FAQ has two broken links:
1) Pointing to the EML project members list
2) Pointing to the EML spec i...
- 12:50 PM Bug #624: eml-methods/methodsType needs clarification on choice/sequence
- Im on irc right now with david and have realized that I made an error in my
files that i never caught. The intended d...
- 11:02 AM Bug #624: eml-methods/methodsType needs clarification on choice/sequence
- Proposed change for MethodsType with name changes.
- 11:00 AM Bug #624: eml-methods/methodsType needs clarification on choice/sequence
- 1. ProcedureStepType needs to be fixed. See attached ProcedureStepTypeFix.png
for proposed changes.
2. MethodsType s...
- 10:39 AM Bug #624: eml-methods/methodsType needs clarification on choice/sequence
- Proposed changed for MethodsType with name changes
- 10:38 AM Bug #624: eml-methods/methodsType needs clarification on choice/sequence
- Proposed fix of MethodsType without name change.
- 10:36 AM Bug #624: eml-methods/methodsType needs clarification on choice/sequence
- Shows proposed changes.
- 12:34 PM Bug #626 (Resolved): ProcedureStepType schema needs revision to protect sequence of descriptions.
- As of RC2, the schema for ProcedureStepType is such that protocol replaces,
rather than qualifies, description. I ...
- 12:08 PM Bug #625: Cardinality regarding eml-methods should be corrected in two places.
- I think this bug can be dropped. Bug 624, submitted near-simultaneously, raises
the same issue as part 2 (sequence...
- 12:48 PM Bug #625 (Resolved): Cardinality regarding eml-methods should be corrected in two places.
- eml-dataset has an optional child element methods with the cardinality zero-or-
ONE. It should be zero-to-MANY. A ...
- 12:30 PM Bug #624 (Resolved): eml-methods/methodsType needs clarification on choice/sequence
- The current model for methodsType is a repetable choice of methodSteps (1 or
more) or sampling (0 or 1) or qualityCo...
- 02:11 PM Bug #608: release preparation tasks for EML2.0.0rc2
- Finished all release preparation tasks (1, 2, 3, 4). Ready to create the
distribution for RC2.
- 02:07 PM Bug #471: eml spec overview document
- Completed the spec. Its GREEAAAAT! :-) Any further issues with the spec
should be brought up in their own bug spec...
- 02:04 PM Bug #622: redundancy in eml-physical/binaryRaster
- Done. Peter removed the redundancies. RESOLVED FIXED.
- 10:14 AM Bug #622: redundancy in eml-physical/binaryRaster
- nbands, ncols,nrows,ydim,xdim were all removed from the binaryRaster format
element in eml-physical because of redun...
- 02:01 PM Bug #588: Remove lineage tags in documentation stylesheets
- Removed all lineage tags from xsd files. RESOLVED FIXED.
- 04:49 PM Bug #601: element names in spatial modules do not follow guidelines
- ok heres the poop
units are now set to use enumerations that force the user to use units for
angle and lenght that ...
- 03:53 PM Bug #622: redundancy in eml-physical/binaryRaster
- mind you thisis not a perfect fix. it only works for grids that are
rectified..that is, their columns and rows are a...
- 03:44 PM Bug #622 (Resolved): redundancy in eml-physical/binaryRaster
- the following elements are redundant and could be deleted.
binaryRaster/nbands is redundant with spatialRaster/num...
- 02:51 PM Bug #600: eml-storedProcedure - problems & proposal
- I provided an example for domainDescription. The example isn't as good as I
would like, but should be sufficient for ...
- 10:43 AM Bug #586: resolve validation problem with missing keys
- OK, so here's the deal. We've agreed ID should not be required. So that rules
out using XML Schema keys to force un...
- 10:07 AM Bug #602: eml-physical
- Finished schema changes to eml-physical, and completely redocumented the module.
Moved orientation from eml-dataTabl...
- 11:25 AM Bug #602: eml-physical
- If orientation moves from dataTable to physical then it should probably be
modeled differently in binaryRaster, textF...
- 11:30 AM Bug #596: Proposal: make attribute optional in OtherEntityType.
- Completed. attributeList and constraint were moved out of EntityGroup and into
the individual entity type modules, w...
- 10:46 AM Bug #594: change cardinality for designDescription and studyAreaDescription
- changed cardinality of designDescription to be zero or one.
changed cardinality of studyAreaDesign to be zero or one
- 11:40 PM Bug #589: eml-coverage: convert element references to types by defining complex types
- I've converted all of the ref's to complexTypes in coverage, and fixed the
identifierName element by simplifying it. ...
- 05:32 PM Bug #600: eml-storedProcedure - problems & proposal
- Changed parameter/datatype to parameter/domainDescription and added documentation.
The domainDescription still needs ...
- 05:18 PM Bug #602: eml-physical
- Reformatted and checked in owen's schema as attached here. Some notes and issues:
1) Many of the fields are now onl...
- 05:08 PM Bug #568: accomodation of stateful connection information.
- Done. Extraneous sequence has been removed from both the eml-resource and
eml-physical modules. FIXED.
- 05:07 PM Bug #608: release preparation tasks for EML2.0.0rc2
- 4) Change namespace references throughout from RC1 to RC2
- 05:00 PM Bug #597: In eml-dataTable caseSensitive and orientation are modeled differently
- Deleted the orientation attribute. Made a restriction in the element of
"columnMajor" or "rowMajor". Updated the docu...
- 12:59 PM Bug #365: Eml documentation for Seminars & LTER sites
- We agreed during the conference call that this would best be a "Primer" sort of
document that systematically builds u...
- 12:52 PM Bug #599: storageType is repeatable in eml-attribute
- Discussed during conference call 1oct2002. Decided current structure works.
Will review documentation to make sure ...
- 12:48 PM Bug #596: Proposal: make attribute optional in OtherEntityType.
- Agreed during conference call to move attribute out of EntityGroup and put it in
each of the Entity modules, and to m...
- 12:47 PM Bug #592: validation error with xs:anyType
- During conference call we all agreed this proposed fix works. Chnages are in
CVS. Marking RESOLVED FIXED.
- 12:46 PM Bug #588: Remove lineage tags in documentation stylesheets
- Decided to remove them. Will do as part of release tasks.
- 12:41 PM Bug #568: accomodation of stateful connection information.
- Discussed during conference call 10/1/2002. Agreed the current structure will
work, and allows processors to disting...
- 12:38 PM Bug #249: Update XSLT stylesheets for EML 2.0 modules
- This should be done, but will not be part of the EML 2.0.0 release. Rather,
we'll provide them in a separate release ...
- 12:37 PM Bug #608: release preparation tasks for EML2.0.0rc2
- 3) Remove lineage elements from all schemas
- 01:33 PM Bug #608 (Resolved): release preparation tasks for EML2.0.0rc2
- In addition to fixing the other bugs for RC2, we need to do several things to
prepare the release. Here is an initi...
Also available in: Atom