From 02/13/2008 to 03/13/2008
- 06:12 PM Bug #1217: Extend Metacat Interface and Client
- Moving this up in priority, so that we can get around the problem of having all data one one logical volume. Should ...
- 04:36 PM Bug #163: need data repository interface for metacat
- I don't think we need this feature anymore.
- 04:35 PM Bug #929: Occasionally, deletes are VERY slow
- It was fixed. Now delete is very fast. There was some table index issue there.
- 04:32 PM Bug #414: public key server for referral LDAP servers
- It is done by sid. We can use both secure and plaint way to access referral LDAP servers
- 04:29 PM Bug #131: add doctype identifier to returnfields
- See above comment
- 04:29 PM Bug #131: add doctype identifier to returnfields
- Since we already have document type in query xml. It is not necessary to have the doctype in returnfields.
- 04:22 PM Bug #3032: Sanparks skin search is slower than other skin
- It is duplicate to bug 3174
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 3174 ***
- 04:22 PM Bug #3174: Metacat performance issue in Sanparks skin
- *** Bug 3032 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- 03:37 PM Bug #3174 (Resolved): Metacat performance issue in Sanparks skin
- Matt and Mike reported it would like about 4 or 5 minutes to do a search in sanparks skin of production server. We sh...
- 04:15 PM Bug #2971: Metacat Skins test report
- I think shaun fixed the issue.
- 04:11 PM Bug #3176 (Resolved): Verify existing token changes to skins
- Test the token changes that Chris and Ben made to the skins for the 1.8.1 release.
- 03:46 PM Bug #3175 (New): Add a thread to build xml_queryresult table when metacat startup
- xml_queryresult table is a big addition to improve metacat query performance. Currently metacat will build records of...
- 12:51 PM Bug #213: transaction support for packages
- changing to postpone
- 01:30 PM Bug #3113: Metacat performance: saves from mopho are slow
- I installed a 1.8.0 metacat in dev machine, which have identical database knb to production server. But callie found ...
- 09:25 AM Bug #2831: " displays instead of quot symbol
- Jing has fixed this and it has been tested on the Dev. test server using both
Morpho and the Form.
Here is Jing's c...
- 09:17 AM Bug #2797: Character set (charset) problem when filling out form
- Jing has fixed this and it has been tested on the Dev. test server using both Morpho and the Form.
Here is Jing's c...
- 06:39 PM Bug #2983: Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- Here is my new propose for the updating by rpms.
a. Install postgresql 8.3.0 rather than 8.2.5
b. We ...
- 05:33 PM Bug #2517: Charset bug: > "less than" symbol does not display correctly
- see above comment for fixing.
- 05:32 PM Bug #2517: Charset bug: > "less than" symbol does not display correctly
- This bug has been fixed (base on callie's testing). Here are somethings i did:
1)Use ServletOutputSteam to replace Pr...
- 04:57 PM Revision 3760 (metacat): Remove commented test case.
- 04:30 PM Bug #2155: Metacat Performace: Rewrite the xml_nodes queries
- Now we can conclude:
ts search helps the query 1. without specifying xpath.
2. xpath is no...
- 04:24 PM Bug #2155: Metacat Performace: Rewrite the xml_nodes queries
- Here is the comparison when use search a eml path which is not in xml_path_index table:
- 05:08 PM Revision 3759 (metacat): Don't transfer character which is greater than 128 or less thank 32 to numerical entity symbol.
- 05:05 PM Revision 3758 (metacat): Modified the normalize subroutine - don't use %26 (url encoding) to replace &
- 05:37 PM Revision 3757 (metacat): Using reponse.getOutputStream to replace reponse.getWriter in query and read method. So metacat can send correct special character back.
- 09:44 AM Bug #3170 (Resolved): ESA path in the email that is sent out does not work correctly
- Failure An error occurred. Please check the list of errors below:
* Next revision number couldn't be less than...
- 10:03 PM Revision 3755 (metacat): Modify normolize method by adding code to handle < > ' and "
- 05:04 PM Bug #3146: Include FGDC metadata in KNB and NCEAS skin search results
- I have this working locally, but now that I think about it, it's on top of some other post-1.8.0 changes in metacat.
- 04:05 PM Revision 3754 (metacat): Remove an obsolete class.
- 03:16 PM Revision 3753 (metacat): Remove an obsolete private method getPartNodeRecordList.
- 03:14 PM Revision 3752 (metacat): Remove an obsolete class.
- 01:47 PM Bug #2155: Metacat Performace: Rewrite the xml_nodes queries
- Here is the 1.8.0 query base on xml_nodes(not specifying the search path):
- 01:40 PM Bug #2155: Metacat Performace: Rewrite the xml_nodes queries
- I played around Postgresql new feature - text search. Here are some results:
Using metacat 1.8.0 search query (base ...
- 01:15 PM Revision 3751 (metacat): Add new code for xml_nodes table.
- 11:01 AM Bug #3168 (Resolved): ESA problem with requesting revision
- Failure in requesting revision of docid: esa.46.1 ( Unable to insert the review on Metacat for the docid:esa.46.1)
- 05:30 PM Revision 3750 (metacat): Some script to generate text search vector.
- 02:33 PM Revision 3749 (metacat): Add timeout parameter for searching user name. If some exception happens, it wouldnot throw it, just print it out.
- 02:31 PM Revision 3748 (metacat): Add a junit test for test AuthLdap. Currently we have getPrincipals test.
- 11:36 AM Revision 3747 (metacat): *** empty log message ***
- 02:11 PM Revision 3746 (metacat): display the docid.
- also just display the publication date as is since the existing parsing made too many assumptions about how the date ...
- 11:00 AM Revision 3745 (metacat): use $sessionid to determine if the edit boxes are shown
- 10:31 AM Revision 3744 (metacat): reuse the fgdc-root.xsl for both nceas and sanparks skins (it is included in different containing stylesheets)
- note: still need to pin down the switch that [dis]allows editing of the the files
- 10:08 AM Revision 3743 (metacat): use contextURL parameter so that the "shortform" url for looking at documents actually works and pulls in the correct js and css files
- 09:43 AM Revision 3742 (metacat): add support for FGDC doctype display
- 08:42 AM Revision 3741 (metacat): if there is no clientViewBean in the session, insert a new one - saves us from nullPointerException when using this in skins that may not be aware of the bean uses.
- 08:41 AM Revision 3740 (metacat): ignore commented out DOCTYPE declarations (don't force validation on them)
- 10:58 AM Revision 3739 (metacat): Get rid of the ant tokens and the relative paths by using the context url and cgi prefix provided by the settings.jsp.
- Now the "short form" of urls will work with the iframe skins. sanparks and saeon can also be set as the "default" sk...
- 10:55 AM Revision 3738 (metacat): include the contextURL parameter that is now being passed in by the DBTransform class.
- 10:54 AM Revision 3737 (metacat): check for a leading "/" in the path when prepending the server context url.
- we don't want to step on toes of people that are using "semi" relative paths (they leave out the server part, but pro...
- 10:23 AM Revision 3736 (metacat): add debug statements so it's clear what transformer parameters are being passed
- 05:16 PM Revision 3735 (metacat): Use dev=1 replace dev like '1'. since postgres 8.3 doesn't support it.
- 01:10 PM Revision 3734 (metacat): -use jsp rather than html files so hat the server context can be looked up on the fly (as well as additional options from the MetacatUtil class).
- -incorporate the use of relative paths in the XML configuration (doctype=>stylesheet mapping)
Note: still using ant ...
- 01:07 PM Revision 3733 (metacat): include contextURL and cgi-prefix as parameters in all the transforms (initially used for nceas skin to remove ant tokens in the XSL files....but will be used by other skins as they are converted away from at tokens)
- 10:26 AM Revision 3732 (metacat): use cgi-prefix from build properties to configure the default skin for login.
- removed hardcoded "ldap.ecoinformatics.org" reference in the jsp and reads it from the metacat.properties file.
- 03:52 PM Revision 3731 (metacat): Add debug info for special charater.
- 03:16 PM Revision 3730 (metacat): Remove the relation query.
- 10:02 AM Revision 3729 (metacat): use the servlet context path to construct absolute paths to the various file locations
- 10:01 AM Revision 3728 (metacat): add servletContextUrl to make absolute paths from relative paths when constructing skins from the js/iframe template
- 10:01 AM Revision 3727 (metacat): add portnumber if not using 80
- 07:41 PM Revision 3726 (metacat): Change the relative path to use a function getServerName+getPortNumber+getContextPath. But there is still problem in default.js.
- 07:38 PM Revision 3725 (metacat): Add server url to system id.
- 04:50 PM Revision 3724 (metacat): Skeleton for data insertion script. Also added documentation to Metacat
- 11:41 AM Bug #3146 (Resolved): Include FGDC metadata in KNB and NCEAS skin search results
- Configure the searches for both the KNB and the NCEAS skin to return FGDC doctypes
This requires editing the path...
Also available in: Atom