From 12/29/2008 to 01/27/2009
- 03:31 PM Bug #3781 (Resolved): Add admin user/password configuration to esa skin configuration
- ESA uses and admin account when datasets are registered. This needs to be configurable in the esa skin config. This...
- 10:31 AM Bug #3780: Register dataset with data file fails on saeon skin
- Changed the MetacatUtil.writeTempFile to write to an "upload" temp directory to avoid conflicts with the registry code.
- 08:36 AM Bug #3780 (Resolved): Register dataset with data file fails on saeon skin
- Registering a data set on the saeon skin with a data file fails. It comes back with the following error: "Failed to ...
- 04:50 PM Bug #3779: A missing $skin.properties.metadata.xml file causes metacat to fail
- I had put in code to handle a missing <Skin>.properties file but not the skin.metadata.xml file
That is now caught, ...
- 04:49 PM Bug #3778: Null sessionids causing configuration to fail
- This turned out to be a byproduct of a bad skin configuration. I went ahead and added checks for null session ids so...
- 03:59 PM Bug #3779 (Resolved): A missing $skin.properties.metadata.xml file causes metacat to fail
- If a skin lacks a $skin.properties.metadata.xml file, Metacat will throw this error on startup:
MC 15:33:01,688: [...
- 03:07 PM Bug #3778: Null sessionids causing configuration to fail
Jan 26, 2009 2:15:48 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
- 02:46 PM Bug #3778 (Resolved): Null sessionids causing configuration to fail
- null session Id's are causing metacat to throw null pointer exceptions
- 01:13 PM Bug #3776: LTER logged in link is broken
- LTER Skin has a branding_extensions.js file that overrides branding.js. Added the contextURL to the insertLoginBox m...
- 11:23 AM Bug #3776 (Resolved): LTER logged in link is broken
- On the LTER skin, the "logged in" link tries to take you to:
- 01:07 PM Bug #3777 (Resolved): Move Tomcat libraries into metacat build
- Right now, the Tomcat libraries (javax.http...) are referenced via the Tomcat install directory on the build machine....
- 11:22 AM Bug #3775: Unaffiliated is only organization to show up at login time
- Added org.name.<orgname>= values back to metacat.properties so all organizations show up on login dropdowns.
- 08:38 AM Bug #3775 (Resolved): Unaffiliated is only organization to show up at login time
- When trying to log in via ldapweb.cgi, the only organization available is Unaffiliated.
- 03:34 PM Bug #3772: Error when trying to reset ldap password
- The dc was not being appended to the user name for password reset. Added it in the handleResetPassword method. Also...
- 10:24 AM Bug #3773 (New): Remove places where document is read into memory
- There is at least one place where metadata is read into memory. This is done when the doc needs to be written to dis...
- 03:25 PM Bug #3772 (Resolved): Error when trying to reset ldap password
- When trying to reset the password in the nceas skin, the following is returned:
"failed to log in. Are you sure y...
- 03:05 PM Bug #3762: Allow LDAPweb to continue working when referrals are down
- Simple fix applied in r4771.
- 02:40 PM Bug #3767: Links on the ldap-web account creation page are broken
- Added cgiPrefix to the available template variables in ldapweb.cgi.
- 11:41 AM Bug #3767 (Resolved): Links on the ldap-web account creation page are broken
- The page that has the ldap new account creation form has links at the top to Register and Logout. These links are mi...
- 10:36 AM Bug #3765: Backup configured passwords as encrypted values
- Along these lines of reasoning, security practices dictate never storing the plaintext password at all. Perhaps once...
- 10:11 AM Bug #3765 (New): Backup configured passwords as encrypted values
- Currently, the user has to add the passwords for the db, skins and metacat ldap web every time they upgrade. This sh...
- 04:30 PM Bug #3763: another permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- Metacat was checking for xml_access when uploading a new data file. Changed so that it only checks for existing data...
- 12:03 PM Bug #3762: Allow LDAPweb to continue working when referrals are down
- This is already done in register-dataset.cgi so that broken referrals are skipped, so you can probably model the code...
- 11:32 AM Bug #3762 (Resolved): Allow LDAPweb to continue working when referrals are down
- Currently, the LDAPweb script iterates over each referrer when checking for existing names. If one of these fails to...
- 11:37 AM Bug #3763 (Resolved): another permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- When registering a dataset with a data file, Metacat is throwing the following exception:
MC 14:29:17,633: [ERROR]...
- 11:16 AM Bug #3384: Implement and test turnkey installation on windows
- this has been implemented and tested
- 11:15 AM Bug #3761 (Closed): Add ability for admin user to log out
- Currently in the configuration utility, the admin user can only log in as a new user. Should also have the ability t...
- 12:20 PM Bug #3757: Error when creating ldap account via nceas skin on dev
- Fixed by installing Scalar::Util with cpan:
> force install Scalar::Util
A redhat specific issue, explained in...
- 11:34 AM Bug #3757 (Resolved): Error when creating ldap account via nceas skin on dev
- When submitting a new ldap account on dev in the nceas skin, a blank screen is returned.
The following errors show...
- 12:16 PM Bug #3758: Permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- Temporary directory wasn't writable by apache on dev. Updated to enable file writing, should now work as expected.
- 12:07 PM Bug #3758 (Resolved): Permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- Registering a dataset with all fields filled in and an attached data doc comes back with a blank screen. The apache ...
- 12:03 PM Bug #3756: Passwords should not persist to backup files
- Added code to check if field is a password. If so, don't back it up.
- 12:41 PM Bug #3756 (Resolved): Passwords should not persist to backup files
- Currently, the unaffiliated login password gets persisted to the auth.properties.backup file. This should never happ...
- 12:18 PM Bug #3752: New skins cause metacat to fail if all configuration files do not exist
- Changed SkinsAdmin to allow Metacat to start up even if certain skins are in metacat.properties but not structured co...
- 10:44 AM Bug #3755 (New): Change property service to return null for blank properties
- Right now the PropertyService returns "" for empty properties. It should return null. This will required quite a bi...
- 04:12 PM Bug #3753: backup directory configuration should only be shown when existing dir cannot be discovered
- Changed the MetacatAdminServlet so that it will only display the backup dir configuration if the system cannot discov...
- 04:11 PM Bug #3750: Cancel button on admin login page is a road to nowhere
- Changed the cancel link to take the user back to the context url
- 09:31 AM Bug #3744: Add ldap client credentails to configuration utility
- Ldap client credentials added to configuration
- 07:43 PM Bug #3679: ESA skin needs to use EML 2.1.0
- Full circle testing of the ESA registry completed, and remaining bugs fixed in r4758. Fixed issues:
â€¢ omit port num...
- 03:36 PM Bug #3725: Can't add new ldap account via ldapweb.cgi
- closing bug.
- 03:36 PM Bug #3725: Can't add new ldap account via ldapweb.cgi
- Wrong authentication information was being used, fixed in r4749.
- 03:08 PM Bug #3753 (Resolved): backup directory configuration should only be shown when existing dir cannot be discovered
- There is no reason to keep having the backup directory configuration screen show up every time on configuration.
- 03:05 PM Bug #3752 (Resolved): New skins cause metacat to fail if all configuration files do not exist
- When a skin is added to the code and to the skins list in metacat.properties, it will cause metacat to fail at startu...
- 03:03 PM Bug #3751 (Resolved): Move skins to external directory
- We need to move the skins to a directory outside of the application directories so they don't get blown away every ti...
- 03:46 PM Bug #3750 (Resolved): Cancel button on admin login page is a road to nowhere
- When visiting the admin page prior to login, e.g.
The 'Cancel' button 40...
- 12:07 PM Bug #3319: Edit feature doesn't work on documents with uneditable fields
- Completed fix for modifying documents with otherEntity objects in r4744. The deletefile array generated by the entryF...
- 09:57 AM Bug #3744 (Resolved): Add ldap client credentails to configuration utility
- in order for the ldap web interface to work (change password, create account), metacat must be configured with the ld...
- 04:40 PM Bug #3743: undefined value error when submitting dataset with data file using registry
- A parameter was getting mistakenly read twice from the writeFile method. Shaun committed fix.
- 04:31 PM Bug #3743 (Resolved): undefined value error when submitting dataset with data file using registry
- When submitting a data set with an attached data file, a blank screen is returned. The apache error log has:
- 03:22 PM Bug #3720: uninitialized value error when trying to create new login account on dev
- Fixed by making ldapweb.cgi match the current properties used by Metacat.
- 01:33 PM Bug #1552: Dependence of NCEAS registry on Admin database
- A number of changes to the AdminDB and the registry make this connection more reliable, and the error cases are well ...
- 01:28 PM Bug #3742 (New): Improve UI for selecting projects for NCEAS skin
- The existing UI for the NCEAS project listing is difficult to use, it contains (as of this writing) 539 projects and ...
- 12:33 PM Bug #3741: Can't redirect to registry page on dev server
- When missing any of the properties needed to connect to the AdminDB, the script failed. Fixed in r4761.
- 11:36 AM Bug #3741 (Resolved): Can't redirect to registry page on dev server
- I have the following problem on dev only. It works on my local dev system ...
When going to the registry site at:...
- 10:08 AM Bug #3731: Registering dataset via register-dataset.cgi fails with data file
- The system was checking the xml_access table for user permissions for new online files.
Changed the 2.1.0 EML Sax ha...
- 10:07 AM Bug #3732: Sitemap test is failing
- The sitemap file was being read into a 1024 byte buffer in the test case. Once the sitemap was greater than 1024, th...
- 12:28 PM Bug #3726: Help links do not work on NCEAS registry skin
- Typo was preventing template from rendering correctly, fixes in r4737.
- 12:13 PM Bug #3736 (Closed): Remove confirmation message and reference to KNB on default search
- 08:53 AM Bug #3732 (Resolved): Sitemap test is failing
- The sitemap junit test fails because it does not find a file that should be there. It looks like the file is not wri...
- 04:27 PM Bug #3731 (Resolved): Registering dataset via register-dataset.cgi fails with data file
- When registering a data set, if a file is attached, the following error is returned:
User tried to update an acces...
- 10:17 AM Bug #3728: Can't run advanced search in default skin
- The AdvancedSearchServlet was caching the system context before the configuration utility was run. If the user went ...
- 08:13 AM Bug #3728: Can't run advanced search in default skin
- Note, the comments originally added were from Duane C
- 08:12 AM Bug #3728 (Resolved): Can't run advanced search in default skin
- I did get a lot farther with the rc7 source distribution. I was able to install it on linux and get through the confi...
- 08:44 AM Bug #3730 (New): Implement an isRequired field in the configuration metadata
- Add a field to tell if a configuration field is required so metacat can verify on the browser side at submit time.
- 08:32 AM Bug #3729 (Resolved): Add admin names as dropdown in configuration login
- Currently the user has to type in the full distinguished admin name to log in using ldap.
Instead, it would be nic...
- 04:37 PM Bug #3727: Registering dataset via register-dataset.cgi returns a blank page
- The nceas skin had debug on by default. If permissions are not set correctly on the temporary directory, the system ...
- 02:39 PM Bug #3727 (Resolved): Registering dataset via register-dataset.cgi returns a blank page
- The Apache error log has the following error:
Registry: Initialized -- stage set: confirmed
- 02:36 PM Bug #3726 (Resolved): Help links do not work on NCEAS registry skin
- the "(What's this?) links do not work on the NCEAS skin.
Apache error log has the following error:
Use of unini...
- 02:30 PM Bug #3725 (Resolved): Can't add new ldap account via ldapweb.cgi
- When trying to add an ldap account, we get a "modifications require authentication" message.
The password has be...
- 12:34 PM Bug #2566: need to set filename for download files
- <below is copied from a recent email discussing the bug>
Bug resolved, with two outstanding issues:
- The metadata ...
- 12:29 PM Bug #3721: Some empty EML elements cause validator to fail
- Registry wasn't validating inputs for either data medium or usage rights. With the stricter requirements of EML 2.1, ...
- 12:26 PM Bug #3721: Some empty EML elements cause validator to fail
- Image of the completed form used by Chooyan to generate the EML SAX validation error.
- 10:19 AM Bug #3720: uninitialized value error when trying to create new login account on dev
- Updated ldapweb.cgi with proper properties definitions, is correctly generating pages but still needs further testing...
- 08:20 AM Bug #3718: toolRef.model.getSRS error in console when rendering map
- Firefox? IE? Does it prevent the map from rendering?
- 01:52 PM Bug #3720: uninitialized value error when trying to create new login account on dev
- It looks like the ldapweb.cgi hasn't been updated for the most recent round of properties changes, and needs to have ...
- 11:35 AM Bug #3372: Integrate perl token replacement changes into token_replacement branch
- Token replacement has been completed, and is stable with the changes made for 1.9. A single set of Java properties a...
- 11:24 AM Bug #3721 (Resolved): Some empty EML elements cause validator to fail
- Some elements have to be populated if they exist in the doc. The registry currently creates them as empty elements a...
- 10:10 AM Bug #3719: $principal error when trying to register dataset.
- Uncommitted code in local copy checked in (r4726).
- 03:24 PM Bug #3720 (Resolved): uninitialized value error when trying to create new login account on dev
- After submitting the information to create a new login account on dev, the next page has no information (skin frames ...
- 01:30 PM Bug #3719 (Resolved): $principal error when trying to register dataset.
- Hey Shaun, Can you help me look at this one? I get this in the apache error log when I try to register a dataset (tr...
- 10:13 AM Bug #3718 (Rejected): toolRef.model.getSRS error in console when rendering map
- When rendering a skin with a map, the following error shows up in the console.
Error: toolRef.model.getSRS is not ...
- 08:18 AM Bug #3686: Skins configuration files need to be secured
- added security-constraint sections to web.xml to restrict web access to *.cfg and *.properties files.
- 01:29 PM Bug #3686: Skins configuration files need to be secured
- We need to disallow web access. Apache deny rule?
- 09:23 AM Bug #3712: Allow for customization of backup directory location
- added a screen to choose the backup file location. Added discovery code to look in a system dir and user dir for exi...
- 09:22 AM Bug #3715: cgi links do not work on dev
- Changed the permissions of the cgi files to be executable by all. Updated the documentation accordingly.
- 09:21 AM Bug #3711: Create ANT install target for source distribution install
- changed dev-install target to install
Also available in: Atom