From 02/21/2009 to 03/22/2009
- 05:19 PM Bug #3911: Old cgi-bin references are still being rendered by 1.8.1 registry code
- The URLs in the pages themselves (e.g. the 'Registry' link from the NCEAS skin) will work fine, only preexisting refe...
- 03:46 PM Bug #3913 (Resolved): "forget password page" (ldap) on dev doesn't work for nceas organization
- I was trying to figure out the issue that "forget password page" doesn't work for UCNRS. After changing the username/...
- 03:33 PM Bug #3911: Old cgi-bin references are still being rendered by 1.8.1 registry code
- This type of a redirect will simply shield the actual URI problem in the source. Can't we find these problems and fix...
- 03:15 PM Bug #3911 (Closed): Old cgi-bin references are still being rendered by 1.8.1 registry code
- References to http://knb.ecoinformatics.org/cgi-bin/ should be redirected to their new and permanent home at /knb/cgi...
- 06:02 PM Revision 4852 (metacat): added more documentation.
- 11:33 AM Bug #3907: Zero length documents are getting written to disk
- Added code to make sure zero length docs do not get written.
- 08:44 AM Bug #3907 (Resolved): Zero length documents are getting written to disk
- From jim r:
As promised, below are some DPs that return a blank page when I attempt to view them on the web. Note ...
- 10:25 AM Revision 4851 (metacat): Do not read or write zero length documents to/from disk
- 10:01 AM Bug #3889: KNB and LTER metacats not replicating some 210 test docs
- sbc_eml210_test.4 and sbc_eml210_test.5 are definitely erroring out on the knb side with an error described in ticket...
- 09:59 AM Bug #3889: KNB and LTER metacats not replicating some 210 test docs
- Moved the replication data permissions error to a separate ticket #3908
- 09:43 AM Bug #3889: KNB and LTER metacats not replicating some 210 test docs
- Did you see any access control error which I reported on the second comment during the replication from lter to knb?
- 09:21 AM Bug #3889: KNB and LTER metacats not replicating some 210 test docs
- checked on replication for the 6 packages listed when this bug was opened. Replication for these is at 50%. 3 out of ...
- 09:57 AM Bug #3908 (Resolved): replication data user permission error
- From Jing
I observed some error message during the replication from LTER to KNB:
Failed to write doc pisco_recru...
- 08:41 AM Bug #3906 (Resolved): Can't read files whose names are a path
- During replication, Metacat is getting a lot of errors that look like:
knb 06:35:44,975: [ERROR]: error to handle...
- 03:01 PM Revision 4850 (metacat): Added in-progress draft of Metacat Admin Guide.
- 05:12 PM Revision 4849 (metacat): Handle all places where ldap may be null
- 04:54 PM Revision 4848 (metacat): enclose more references to ldap and mesg in the if (ldap) statement.
- 04:40 PM Revision 4847 (metacat): made mesg var global to function.
- 04:35 PM Revision 4846 (metacat): left off ;
- 04:28 PM Revision 4845 (metacat): Do not try to use non-existant ldap object if ldap server is down.
- 02:41 PM Revision 4844 (metacat): made a few minor changes and additions.
- 09:19 AM Bug #3889: KNB and LTER metacats not replicating some 210 test docs
- Hi, Mike:
I observed some error message during the replication from LTER to KNB:
Failed to write doc pisco_recruitm...
- 08:15 AM Bug #3895 (Closed): Add/update authentication architecture documentation
- The current authentication documentation is out of date.
- 08:14 AM Bug #3894 (Resolved): Document metacat eclipse dev setup
- Fully document setting up metacat eclipse development environment
- 03:10 PM Bug #3891 (Resolved): Create a scheduler service
- Right now, tasks in metacat are scheduled either via an event, like hitting metacat servlet, or timed delays. We sho...
- 01:38 PM Bug #3889 (Resolved): KNB and LTER metacats not replicating some 210 test docs
- Mike asked me to put this info into a bug.
- 01:24 PM Bug #3885: KNB metacat replication error log file is empty
- There are several errors in ReplicationHandler that only report to the metacat log. These should report to the repli...
- 01:12 PM Bug #3882: KNB Web links don't work correctly
- Two issues. KNB web was still looking for cgi in the /cgi-knb directory. Changed it to look in /knb/cgi-bin.
- 01:10 PM Bug #3883: OBFS skins still using ant tokens
- The ant tokens were in the common directory for eml beta 6. Created beta 6 branch and fixed tokens in eml-settings. ...
- 01:08 PM Bug #3853: Make sure the sbclter and pisco skins work with token replacement
- Updated the SBCLTER skins with margaret. Chris said to leave pisco. They would make it work with an existing skin.
- 09:12 AM Bug #3887: Add sessionid parameter to XML link in EML stylesheet
- If the functionality is the same, can the session Id be left out? The URL will look much better and can also be maile...
- 09:28 AM Bug #3887 (Resolved): Add sessionid parameter to XML link in EML stylesheet
- Margaret O'Brien recently reported the following problem accessing an XML-formatted EML document with protected acces...
- 01:37 PM Revision 4843 (metacat): replace eml2_0_1-style-tag with eml2-style-tag
- 01:28 PM Revision 4842 (metacat): remove unneeded ecogrid.hostname property
- 01:27 PM Revision 4841 (metacat): Use only one eml common stylesheet directory for all post 2.0.0 beta versions of eml. Point all eml versions to that directory in skin xml files.
- 01:22 PM Revision 4840 (metacat): Increase database.maximumConnections from 25 to 200
- 01:20 PM Revision 4839 (metacat): Fix registryService file locations.
- 04:40 PM Bug #3886 (Resolved): Metacat perfomance analysis
- Metacat is using a lot of memory on production and seems to use many db connections. We should monitor and determine...
- 10:46 AM Bug #3885 (Resolved): KNB metacat replication error log file is empty
- In the new 1.9.0 knb metacat, it seems the replication log files' name are changed. Somehow the error log file is emp...
- 10:40 AM Bug #3881: Replication not working between KNB and LTER metacats
- Got email from Duane and the replication seemed working.
- 06:07 PM Bug #3881: Replication not working between KNB and LTER metacats
- After getting the new certificate issued for metacat.lternet.edu and change the server to metacat.lternet.edu:8443/kn...
- 05:50 PM Revision 4838 (metacat): made a couple corrections.
- 05:26 PM Revision 4837 (metacat): Very rough draft of Metacat Admin guide outline
- 01:22 PM Bug #3884: Perl modules missing from 1.9.0 install
- Completed the perl install instructions for 1.9.0 which included the Config::Properties module.
- 01:21 PM Bug #3884 (Resolved): Perl modules missing from 1.9.0 install
- Per Matt
Go to NCEAS skin (http://knb.ecoinformatics.org/knb/style/skins/nceas/)
then search for 'soil' which ...
- 01:21 PM Bug #3881: Replication not working between KNB and LTER metacats
- LTER changed the host name of metacat. But the certificate and the host name in knb xml_replication has not been upda...
- 01:13 PM Bug #3881 (Resolved): Replication not working between KNB and LTER metacats
- After the 1.9.0 upgrade on knb and lter, docs are not replicating from knb to lter. Jing is working with Duane C to ...
- 01:19 PM Bug #3883 (Resolved): OBFS skins still using ant tokens
- After the 1.9.0 Metacat release, Matt wrote:
Go to http://knb.ecoinformatics.org/knb/style/skins/obfs/
- 01:18 PM Bug #3882: KNB Web links don't work correctly
- This was found after the 1.9.0 metacat release to KNB.
- 01:17 PM Bug #3882 (Resolved): KNB Web links don't work correctly
- There are several issues with links and hardcoded paths in knbweb. These have been reproduced in a dev environment.
- 01:55 PM Revision 4836 (metacat): Draft of Metacat overview for scientists.
- 01:52 PM Revision 4835 (metacat): Added draft of Metacat overview for scientists.
- 01:39 PM Revision 4832 (metacat): Added jing's suggested changes
- 01:29 PM Revision 4831 (metacat): include NSF grant number
- 11:26 AM Revision 4830 (metacat): Add documentation for query caching and indexing mechanisms.
- 04:18 PM Revision 4829 (metacat): found more method that should be plural
- 02:08 PM Revision 4828 (metacat): removed duplicate variable settings
- 02:00 PM Revision 4827 (metacat): fixed path for sibling access
- 10:19 AM Revision 4826 (metacat): 1. changed path for doc-level access to sibling instead of child
- 2. renamed template "datasetaccess" to datatableaccess and changed path to distribution/access
- 10:02 AM Revision 4825 (metacat): updated templates to reflect new spelling of dateTime and methods in attributes.
- 09:31 AM Revision 4824 (metacat): Added eml 2.1.0 stylesheets for sbclter.
- 09:59 AM Bug #3853: Make sure the sbclter and pisco skins work with token replacement
- Email I sent to metacat developers:
I had to make a few changes to the way the sbclter skin works, mostly because th...
- 09:38 AM Revision 4823 (metacat): Create an eml 2.1.0 shared directory. Move skin specific xsl directives into sbclter directory: sbclter-eml-2.0.0.xsl and sbclter-eml-2.1.0.xsl
- 11:08 AM Bug #3848: Update metacat to use new EML tags
- Updated build.xml to use:
Had margaret add eml/defaul...
- 11:05 AM Revision 4822 (metacat): Add step to install Digest::SHA1
- 11:04 AM Revision 4821 (metacat): Update EML 2.1.0 schema and style (util) tags. These tags now only cover the files relative to each.
- 09:51 AM Bug #3853 (Resolved): Make sure the sbclter and pisco skins work with token replacement
- Work with Margaret to knock out the remaining display issues on the sbclter skin.
- 09:49 AM Bug #3849: Some perl make files are not included in metacat war install
- Included autosplit.ix in the metacat distribution and added instructions for deploying that file on the server.
- 12:05 PM Revision 4820 (metacat): Clean perl code before building.
- 10:42 AM Revision 4819 (metacat): distribute perl autosplit.ix file with metacat. change tomcat startup script output to echos.
- 10:40 AM Revision 4818 (metacat): Add db rollback scripts
- 10:39 AM Revision 4817 (metacat): Add apache download instructions
- 03:15 PM Bug #3849 (Resolved): Some perl make files are not included in metacat war install
- The old perl "make install" would create a file named /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/auto/Metacat/autosplit.ix ...
- 02:53 PM Bug #3848 (Resolved): Update metacat to use new EML tags
- The separate tags for EML schema and styles work a little differently than before. Only the affected directories are...
- 06:06 PM Bug #3835 (In Progress): design and implement OAI-PMH compliant harvest subsystem
- Metacat's current harvest mechanism works well but is a proprietary system. The Dryad project has proposed to implem...
- 05:33 PM Bug #3816: Export action doesn't create complete package
This Metacat export bug is 1) a regression from prior behavior, and 2) sorely needs fixing for the NCEAS colla...
Also available in: Atom