From 03/31/2013 to 04/29/2013
- 02:40 PM Task #5927 (Resolved): Implements listing the query engines and fields for the solr query engine
- We need to add the solr query engine the mn api:
- 01:13 PM Task #5926 (Resolved): Metacat-index doesn't build solr index during a Metadata inserting document
- I inserted an eml document through the metacat devtools.html, but the metacat-index didn't build the solr index.
- 12:50 PM Bug #5919 (Resolved): Upgrade KNB to 2.0.6
- 11:13 AM Bug #5925 (Resolved): Clean up the jar files in the Metacat deploy directory
- In the knb/WEB-INF/lib, i saw some jar files like:
spring-aop-2.5.5.jar spring-context-2.5.5.jar spring-core-2.5....
- 11:09 AM Task #5924 (Closed): Add the configuration page for the Solr server in the Metacat configuration utility
- We need to a new page for the Solr server in the Metacat configuration utility.
This page will include the server ...
- 11:05 AM Task #5923 (Closed): Discover missed documents and queue them for indexing
- Metacat-index needs a mechanism to regenerate the solr index for those missed during the insert or update. This mecha...
- 11:01 AM Task #5922 (Closed): Modify the solr index configuration for the resource map
- The index configuration of the resource map in the d1_cn_index_processor has parameter - service url which we don't u...
- 10:58 AM Task #5921 (Closed): Design and implement Metacat-Index module
- We decided we would use as much the code of the d1_cn_index_processor as possible. The d1_cn_index_processor uses S...
- 04:29 PM Bug #5920 (Resolved): Test PG dump on dev server
- I restored the production dump to dev2.nceas.ucsb.edu (1-2 hours to load).
Installed Metacat v2.0.3.
- 12:41 PM Bug #5920 (Resolved): Test PG dump on dev server
- dev2.nceas.ucsb.edu is our testing area and I will load the production dump there for testing the 2.0.3->2.0.6 upgrade
- 12:40 PM Bug #5919 (Resolved): Upgrade KNB to 2.0.6
- Steps for upgrading:
- stop Tomcat...
- 05:18 PM Task #5918 (Closed): Separate unit tests from integration tests
- Since some of the metacat-index tests currently require Metacat be running in order to succeed, we need to skip them ...
- 05:14 PM Task #5909 (Resolved): Design configuration for metacat-index
- Now sharing metacat.properties using the Settings class from DataONE libclient.
Also sharing the hazelcast.xml fi...
- 05:10 PM Task #5917 (Closed): Create NCEAS search form that uses SOLR instead of pathquery
- The UI can stay the same, but the underlying query that is generated (via JS?) would be SOLR syntax and would be sent...
- 05:08 PM Task #5916 (Closed): Create resultset-solr.xsl
- For rendering SOLR query results from MN.query() on the client side.
- 05:07 PM Task #5915 (Closed): Use MN.query(solr) in NCEAS skin
- As a first pass, we should refactor the NCEAS skin as it currently exists in the Metacat project and make it call MN....
- 02:13 PM Task #5908 (Rejected): Investigate EAR deployment of all Metacat webapps
- Tomcat is not a full-fledged application server - just a container - so it does not support EARs. I think we should c...
- 01:05 PM Task #5907 (Closed): Integrate metacat-index build in Metacat build
- Now building into dist folder.
- 10:04 AM Feature #5914 (Closed): Reconcile SOLR server/client versions
- DataONE schema uses SOLR v3.x and Metacat-indexer wants to use SOLR v4.x (for the client capabilities). There are sch...
- 09:58 AM Feature #5913 (Closed): Handle indexing errors
- For unexpected errors, we need to track and retry the indexing task before giving up and notifying the administrator....
- 09:55 AM Feature #5912 (Closed): Force indexing on individual object[s]
- Metacat-index should allow an administrator to force [re]indexing of any object in the system.
- 09:33 AM Feature #5911 (Closed): Repair index after outage
- Because the indexer listens for insert/update/remove happening in Metacat, it will miss events that occur when it is ...
- 09:24 AM Feature #5910 (Closed): Build index from scratch
- The index will need to be completely built when:
- Initial upgrade to version that supports solr indexing
- 05:27 PM Task #5909 (Resolved): Design configuration for metacat-index
- The location of the solr index needs to be configured and the default should be: /var/metacat/solr
All three compon...
- 05:21 PM Task #5908 (Rejected): Investigate EAR deployment of all Metacat webapps
- 05:20 PM Task #5907 (Closed): Integrate metacat-index build in Metacat build
- metacat-index is a Maven project hosted within the Metacat project repository and should build a metacat-index.war ar...
- 05:16 PM Task #5906 (Resolved): Implement MetacatSolrIndex class
- This is basically just a pass-through to the SOLR engine using the "embedded" client. The sooner this is implemented,...
- 05:13 PM Task #5905 (Resolved): Implement access control filter
- 05:12 PM Task #5904 (Resolved): Design mechanism to enforce access policy
- 05:10 PM Task #5820: Incorporate DataONE indexing
- We decided to use - wholesale - the existing DataONE index configuration component even though it uses Spring. It wil...
- 05:08 PM Task #5883: Create unit tests to exercise Metacat SOLR query/index features
- Jing already has a head-start with the SolrIndexTest!
- 05:05 PM Bug #5875 (Rejected): d1_cn_index_processor package
- Using maven to manage this dependency now.
- 11:33 AM Bug #1217 (Closed): Extend Metacat Interface and Client
- Much if not all of this has been in the MetacatClient for a long time now. Since we are deprecating the Metacat API i...
- 11:30 AM Bug #1324: A Commit or Save Work button that wrote intermediate results to the metadata
- Can consider this for the Metacat-UI project specs
- 11:28 AM Bug #1691 (Closed): Metacat client library: use direct method calles for efficiency
- We are deprecating the Metacat API in favor of the DataONE API.
- 11:26 AM Bug #1693 (Closed): Metacat client library: Static Cookies
- We changed to use standard apache HttpClient and made the cookie sessionId value a per-MetacatClient instance variable.
- 11:23 AM Bug #1980 (Works For Me): Duplication when displaying catalog of data packages
- Searching for "Latitudinal Extents of New World Mammals" shows the single document with no duplicate indexed values.
- 11:20 AM Bug #2130: Not able to delete DPs from KNB
- Both of these documents still exist - not sure if they should be deleted or not. They are -//ecoinformatics.org//eml-...
- 11:17 AM Bug #2237 (Resolved): web.xml, tomcat and jstl
- 11:17 AM Bug #2237 (Rejected): web.xml, tomcat and jstl
- Now using v2.5 schema:...
- 10:33 AM Bug #2310 (Resolved): Advanced search functionality has to be integrated into various skins.
- Will be handled by Metacat-UI project
- 09:18 AM Bug #3177 (Closed): Advanced Search needs some attention
- We basically know that searching on non-indexed paths takes a very long time. This will ultimately be replaced by the...
- 09:04 AM Bug #2313: Metacat Skins: Skins should not be installed by default
- Should be considered as part of the Metacat-UI project.
- 06:17 PM Bug #2496 (Closed): Wrong values indexed when empty tags are indexed
- probably resolved by the related bug (6 years ago)
- 05:28 PM Bug #2804 (Closed): Nested Elements Cause the Returned Data to Be Truncated.
- These are interesting results for mixed content. Really if you want to use XML but not have it treated as such you sh...
- 05:21 PM Bug #2813 (Closed): One Data Set Citation project id does not match with correct project id
- This is further compounded (intractable) for the DOIs we minted when becoming a DataONE MN.
- 05:19 PM Bug #2818 (Closed): access_log bypassed by replication
- When documents are inserted or read via replication, this should be logged as the other metacat server so I think thi...
- 05:14 PM Bug #2873 (Resolved): tomcat versions and java standard tag library (jstl)
- jstl 1.1.2 is being used and Geoserve has been externalized. I think this is resolved.
- 05:11 PM Bug #2905 (Resolved): Query cache mechanism
- 05:10 PM Bug #3000 (Closed): Multiple Permissions Orders exist for Single Document
- Mike added checks to prevent different permOrders from being inserted for the same object.
- 05:09 PM Bug #2984 (Closed): "AccessControlList.getACL" returns outdated XML structure
- This has been reworked so that access rules can be parsed just like they were embedded in EML.
- 05:05 PM Bug #4234 (Closed): Configuration of Registry in 1.9.1 has incorrect library paths
- Since the registry is largely a KNB/NCEAS app, I'll close this.
- 05:04 PM Bug #3017: The Ampersand returns a blank page on searches
- I do get a blank page on the KNB (v2.0.3) and can see this message in the log:...
- 04:55 PM Bug #3018 (Resolved): Document installation and deployment of registry system
- The instructions for deploying and getting dependencies are very good, as are the apache config instructions.
- 04:53 PM Bug #3085: document the impact of re-deploying on metacat.properties
- Crucial properties are backed up and restored when upgrading metacat, though I believe this does not include password...
- 04:38 PM Bug #3402: internal dtds are not handled
- We are saving the XML doc (both inserted and uploaded) to disk now - not sure if this problem persists.
- 04:07 PM Bug #3509: Fix XML Schema filesystem namespace conflicts and backups
- This can certainly cause issues when remote XSDs happen to have the same filenames (as many versioned schema do)
- 04:04 PM Bug #3591 (Rejected): Move search returndoctype definitions to a centralized location
- One of the point of using skins is that some skins might use doctypes that others do not. We can't really centralize ...
- 04:01 PM Bug #3718 (Rejected): toolRef.model.getSRS error in console when rendering map
- We are not using mapbuilder any more.
- 03:43 PM Bug #3736 (Closed): Remove confirmation message and reference to KNB on default search
- changed to "Show all data?"
- 01:31 PM Bug #3816: Export action doesn't create complete package
- Well, instead of a zip file, I get the XML error message but as if it were a .zip file download:...
- 01:26 PM Bug #3833 (Rejected): Advanced search (liveMap) map doesn't display on linux firefox
- Current Metacat releases use OpenLayers for rendering maps in browser.
- 01:25 PM Bug #3887 (Resolved): Add sessionid parameter to XML link in EML stylesheet
- sessionId is being included in the XML link
- 01:23 PM Bug #3895 (Closed): Add/update authentication architecture documentation
- Might as well just defer this to the DataONE authentication process since we do not want people to start implementing...
- 01:20 PM Bug #3911 (Closed): Old cgi-bin references are still being rendered by 1.8.1 registry code
- 01:16 PM Bug #3982 (Closed): Geoserver processes obsolete requests in background
- This is all in Geoserver's court since it stands alone from Metacat now. If it can figure out which requests no longe...
- 01:14 PM Bug #4027 (Closed): JSESSIONID is not expiring, causing a security risk
- isn't this just 6 hours?...
- 01:01 PM Bug #4043 (Closed): lack of eml-access tree prohibits the doc owner from viewing
- uid=sbc,o=LTER,dc=ecoinformatics,dc=org is the owner and should have ALL permission on this object. As the metacat ad...
- 12:56 PM Bug #4116 (Closed): Data file replication from sanparks failed
- judithk.954.1 is now on the KNB
- 12:55 PM Bug #4234: Configuration of Registry in 1.9.1 has incorrect library paths
- We run registry in KNB/NCEAS without issue...can we close this?
- 12:49 PM Bug #4266 (Closed): error reading EML replicated to knb
- Rev 6 is on the KNB now and we are up to rev 24.
- 12:47 PM Bug #4269 (Closed): EML from data.piscoweb not replicating to knb
- They have been replicated (sometime in the last 3 years...).
- 12:44 PM Bug #4173 (Rejected): use svn:externals for dependency injection
- Moving in the Maven and/org Git direction
- 02:05 PM Bug #5243: ldapweb.cgi crashes with invalid password characters
- Resetting passwords fails silently, leaving users without a way to login.
Until it's fixed there should be a warni...
- 01:38 PM Bug #5243: ldapweb.cgi crashes with invalid password characters
- Jim -- do you remember which characters?
- 02:01 PM Bug #4437: allow-public-read rule is not being honored
- Is this a random instance, or an example of a prevalent problem with EML 2.0.1 packages that you have added?
- 01:49 PM Bug #4442: Spatial indexing should not run and block metacat
-if it runs in the background it is entirely possible to get incomplete results if you query as the index...
- 01:41 PM Bug #5395: Get unexpected result if a search was done before metacat finishes its indexing during the inserting process.
- There's nothing we can do about the indexing delay unless we perform indexing while blocking the insert/upload proces...
- 01:36 PM Bug #4602: Enable TLS for all LDAP functions
- This should be considered with our InCommon application.
- 04:05 PM Bug #4612 (Rejected): EML file content out of sync with metacat
- 03:07 PM Bug #4886: "DatabaseService is already registered" error after configuring Metacat
- We still get this from time to time. Sometimes it even takes a few restarts of tomcat to get it running again.
- 03:02 PM Bug #4862 (Closed): NCEAS registry form now creates access rules for extra parties
- This is a configuration issue. I'll remove the ESA entry, but keep the knb-prod entry because we use this same Metaca...
Also available in: Atom