From 12/31/2010 to 01/29/2011
- 06:28 PM Bug #5232: unable to open KARs saved beneath absent (e.g. third party) modules
- Fixed at r26866.
ImportModuleDependenciesAction dialogs now offer a Force Open option.
- 06:06 PM Bug #5272: kepler 2.1 suite can not be started using 'ant run'
- Increasing importance, this has been getting in my way, and is likely to come up again soon for the two users who hav...
- 02:00 PM Bug #5277: remove test servers from Sources preferences
- Done at r26860.
- 09:37 AM Bug #5284 (New): Set uploadToServer to be true at configuration.xml
- When we set up kepler run engine, we always have to change the value from false to true. Why we set it to be false? I...
- 01:49 PM Bug #4516: Module Manager needs ability to install modules needed by KARs
- I did work on this for bug#5099 . Attempting to open a kar with unsatisfied mod deps now prompts the user to download...
- 12:26 PM Bug #5120: Provide a toggle for automatic updates
- David implemented a toggle for checking for patches on startup, should this be closed now? Was a conclusion reached w...
- 05:01 PM Bug #5248: downloading non-public kars from Search Components doesn't work
- So we don't forget: the changes to always use authenticated query and gets necessitate a fix to an xslt file --Jing f...
- 01:57 PM Bug #5272: kepler 2.1 suite can not be started using 'ant run'
- Another user tried to build kepler execution eninge base on kepler-2.1
but he get the same error.
- 11:32 AM Bug #5283: UI for saving workflows as xml is confusing
- We discussed this extensively before 2.1. My 2 cents:
The main issue is that the xml format is incomplete and does ...
- 11:24 AM Bug #5283 (Resolved): UI for saving workflows as xml is confusing
- The following comments were relayed to me by a group of users running Kepler 1.0, and trying 2.x for the first time:
- 11:31 AM Bug #5129: adding and removing configuration properties could be made easier
- I'm reopening this -- now that this directive solution has been implemented, someone needs to utilize it to update th...
- 11:23 AM Bug #5282 (Resolved): Documentation updates for 2.2
- Docs need to be updated for 2.2
- 11:19 AM Bug #5281 (New): cannot open 1.0 KARs
- KARs created in Kepler 1.0 cannot be opened.
An example is 04-HelloWorld.kar in the outreach module:
- 11:18 AM Bug #5280 (Resolved): missing command line execution for KAR files
- KAR files cannot be used with kepler.sh.
The workflow in a KAR cannot be run with any of the -gui/-nogui, -cache/-...
- 11:14 AM Bug #5279 (Resolved): HSQL databases use default account
- The HSQL databases should not use the default account name and password.
- 11:12 AM Bug #5278 (Resolved): HSQL database is shared between users
- Kepler starts an HSQL database server so that multiple instances of Kepler can run on the same machine. (For more inf...
- 04:49 PM Bug #5277 (Resolved): remove test servers from Sources preferences
- Before release we need to remove the test server options from Components and Data search.
- 04:30 PM Bug #4430: hsql database name and port in Kepler should be configurable
- The ports and names are set in the configuration files:
- 04:15 PM Bug #5276: component search performance is poor
- Components search can also fail because of a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError. Here are two examples stacktraces
- 03:33 PM Bug #5248: downloading non-public kars from Search Components doesn't work
- no-frills fix in r26836.
Going to test/talk with jing and matt before closing.
- 02:37 PM Bug #5274: Trying to schedule workflow with report layout puts up prompt about no report layout
- The problem is when kepler evaluated the type in a kar entry, it used "equals" "ReportLayout". When we uses "contains...
- 02:21 PM Bug #5276 (New): component search performance is poor
- Searching for remote KARs through the Components pane is very slow -- search downloads and deals with karXML, each ge...
- 02:10 PM Bug #5248: downloading non-public kars from Search Components doesn't work
- Discussed with Matt, I'll take this one.
- 10:29 AM Bug #4324: ptII/module-info/revision.txt not being updated
- I also added the same information as above to the Kepler Project wiki: https://kepler-project.org/developers/referenc...
- 10:25 AM Bug #4324: ptII/module-info/revision.txt not being updated
- A cron job has been started on lore.genomecenter.ucdavis.edu to run 'ant validate-ptolemy' every midnight. The revisi...
- 01:07 PM Bug #5275: Executing sensor-view workflow records provenance
- Works. On import provenance turns off, and attempting to turn it back on, even during execution of sensor workflow, i...
- 12:34 PM Bug #5275: Executing sensor-view workflow records provenance
- Should be fixed. Derik, please check.
- 09:11 PM Bug #5248: downloading non-public kars from Search Components doesn't work
- A) I don't believe it makes sense to have non-public entries showing up in the public searches. I can see how this er...
- 06:07 PM Bug #5248: downloading non-public kars from Search Components doesn't work
- My changes in r26708 are probably worth looking at when looking at this bug.
- 03:37 PM Bug #5275 (Resolved): Executing sensor-view workflow records provenance
- Executing a sensor view workflow isn't supposed to record data to provenance because the director is DE.
- 03:01 PM Bug #5153: Save As... closes all windows associated with a workflow
- Pushing further investigation on this enhancement to 2.3. As reported by Aaron, this does not appear to be a current ...
- 01:08 PM Bug #5263: failure to restart after upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1
- Added documentation. This should not be a problem going forward, due to a change in how the module manager works.
- 12:44 PM Bug #4801: out of memory
- Postponing to 2.3.
- 12:43 PM Bug #5249: test kepler for memory leaks
- Postponing to 2.3.
- 12:43 PM Bug #4642: memory usage & slowdowns
- Postponing to 2.3.
- 12:41 PM Bug #5258: kepler start exception when soft links are in KeplerData/workflows/MyWorkflows
- Since this is an obscure problem that isn't likely to occur in the normal use of Kepler, postponing.
- 12:27 PM Bug #5272: kepler 2.1 suite can not be started using 'ant run'
- It might not be a block for kepler 2.2 installation package release. But many users download kepler based on release-...
- 05:43 PM Bug #5129: adding and removing configuration properties could be made easier
- I have added the ability to make what I call add directives. For example, in a module, if you add a new folder called...
- 02:56 PM Bug #5219: problems when semantically annotating or tagging a composite actor
- This is expected behavior. The tag bar displays all tags on the top-level
workflow. The semantic annotation pane, how...
- 02:47 PM Bug #4988: Instantiating a wf as a composite that has a tag doesn't work as expected
- (In reply to comment #0)
> However if I tag a workflow, Save Archive it into my local repo workflows
> folder, then f...
- 08:43 AM Bug #5272: kepler 2.1 suite can not be started using 'ant run'
- I will look into this bug soon. However, it certainly is not a release blocker for 2.2. Reclassifying.
- 04:07 PM Bug #5274 (Resolved): Trying to schedule workflow with report layout puts up prompt about no report layout
- To reproduce:
create a workflow
create a report design
File-> Save to kar
Find and sel...
- 03:52 PM Bug #5272 (Resolved): kepler 2.1 suite can not be started using 'ant run'
- Today, one partner tried to start Kepler 2.1 through build-area and failed.
We first tried the build-area at https...
- 02:28 PM Bug #5260: Problems with unknown free-form tags
- I fixed the ColoredListCellRenderer exception (r26677) and have not observed the other exception. Closing for now, un...
- 01:45 PM Bug #5260: Problems with unknown free-form tags
- (In reply to comment #2)
> Also when opening the kar with free-form tag that's no longer 'in the system'
> because of...
- 01:43 PM Bug #5260: Problems with unknown free-form tags
- Thanks Sean. Things work for me too -- up until the very last step of the above procedure: when I click on different ...
- 12:57 PM Bug #5260: Problems with unknown free-form tags
- Orphaned tags can now be properly deleted (as of r26636). After fixing the bug, I was unable to reproduce any of the ...
- 02:10 PM Bug #5271 (New): No-gui mode needs a way to access private data source
- When kepler normally executes a workflow which has actors to access the private data, kepler will prompt a login dial...
- 02:00 PM Bug #5190: 6.0WorkingWithDatasets describes OPeNDAP but not DataTurbine actor
- Added new DataTurbine actor documentation section to 6.0WorkingWithDatasets.
Whoever updates documentation for 2.2 re...
- 02:11 AM Bug #5270 (Resolved): No menu bar and labels when non-default locale is set
- When system's locale is set to other value than en_US, then Kepler starts without menu bar and buttons don't have lab...
- 05:02 PM Bug #5095: test kepler and wrp for memory leaks
- based on the comments 22 and 23, I think it is really hard to fix all memory leaks in Kepler by the code freeze date ...
- 04:43 PM Bug #5095: test kepler and wrp for memory leaks
- Coming up to speed on this.
I've added a step-by-step example of using jvisualvm to find memory leaks. You can find...
- 10:20 AM Bug #5095: test kepler and wrp for memory leaks
- I'm not that surprised that there is a memory leak in the GUI when
a simple model is run just in Ptolemy, outside of ...
- 04:37 PM Bug #5095: test kepler and wrp for memory leaks
- My tests show Kepler has memory leaks for "workflow open, execution and close" and "workflow open, edit and close". M...
- 05:07 AM Bug #5269: Selectordialog and Case actors do not work well together
- RExpression converts the string array to a string scalar. Expression does not.
- 04:54 PM Bug #5269 (New): Selectordialog and Case actors do not work well together
- The Selectordialog actor in Kepler outputs a strange sort of string array that cannot be cast or converted into a str...
- 11:31 PM Bug #5191: GUI improvements to Save As
- BTW - org.kepler.gui.util.ExtensionFileFilter is very similar to
I cleaned up a few cl...
- 05:56 PM Bug #5191: GUI improvements to Save As
- fixed at r26641.
Turns out Kepler has its own ExtensionFileFilter that I previously missed , which is different fro...
- 05:14 PM Bug #5268 (New): Dragging modified version of Sinewave actor to canvas causes gui oddity
- While testing http://bugzilla.ecoinformatics.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5146 , I came across some gui strangeness. To replic...
- 05:04 PM Bug #5267 (New): Changing a ptolemy.kernel.util.Attribute in Kepler gui doesn't work
- While testing http://bugzilla.ecoinformatics.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5146 , I notice if I drag the Sinewave actor to canv...
- 04:55 PM Bug #5266 (Resolved): Two empty boxes inside Sinewave actor and other icon problems for attributes
- While testing http://bugzilla.ecoinformatics.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5146 , this bug was found.
From the Reporting suite...
- 04:39 PM Bug #5146: modifying and saving the composite sinewave actor fails
- Derik tested this too and it looks like the specific issue described here has been fixed. We noticed a few other fun...
- 03:07 PM Bug #5146: modifying and saving the composite sinewave actor fails
- i agreed to test this...
- 02:40 PM Bug #5095: test kepler and wrp for memory leaks
- status update: after the check in yesterday at version 26623, now there is no big memory leak for window open and clo...
- 08:16 AM Bug #5265: Kepler 2.1.0 has omitted the Publish & subscribe actors from Ptolemy
- I found my error (case sensitivity) and am now a happy camper. Sorry to have bothered you.
- 07:23 AM Bug #5265 (Resolved): Kepler 2.1.0 has omitted the Publish & subscribe actors from Ptolemy
- This complementary pair of actors is not present in version 2.1.0 of Kepler for the Mac. I've been trying to "instant...
- 11:53 PM Bug #5101: Composite Actor windows show wrong title after workflow Rename
- Aha, I finally tracked this down. The issue was that the Effigy for the ComponentEntity has a special StringAttribut...
- 04:09 PM Bug #5258: kepler start exception when soft links are in KeplerData/workflows/MyWorkflows
- The open dialog now starts at the last used directory.
- 03:22 PM Bug #5129: adding and removing configuration properties could be made easier
- I have made changes to the configuration manager, so that any completely new configuration that is in the active modu...
- 12:39 PM Bug #4693: Ability to save just a report instance
- Sure it would be nice to have the File->Export PDF... option, same as File->Print...
Similarly it would be nice if th...
- 12:23 PM Bug #4693: Ability to save just a report instance
- Trunk now has a working Save pdf button on the report viewer tab, but leaving this open for feedback -- should this b...
- 12:19 PM Bug #5087: Image report items aren't shown when original image path doesn't resolve
- This was merged into trunk. Just tested, works.
- 12:03 PM Bug #4694: workflow run manager - differentiate imported runs
- This is done.
- 12:00 PM Bug #5083: possible to save a kar that loses the report layout
- This was merged into trunk.
Still need to look into removing stopgap.
- 11:46 AM Bug #5164: Don't show Workflow Run Manager and tag workflow drop-down list on Schedule tab of Workflow Scheduler view
- This bug is no longer relevant.
- 11:26 AM Bug #4473: Add WRM to bottom of report viewer for navigation
- Closing this old bug.
Also available in: Atom