From 06/08/2008 to 07/07/2008
- 03:39 PM Revision 4091 (metacat): Change default-style property to application.default-style
- 03:37 PM Revision 4090 (metacat): include eml201_document_corrected=false property that was lost in merge
- 03:36 PM Revision 4089 (metacat): Align submit buttons
- 03:01 PM Revision 4088 (metacat): change request attribute name from metaCatVersion to metacatVersion
- 02:16 PM Revision 4087 (metacat): Add addProperty and addPropertyNoPersist for new properties
- 01:58 PM Revision 4086 (metacat): use build.tomcat.dir to get to tomcat jar
- 01:50 PM Revision 4085 (metacat): Backup properties should use addProperty, not setProperty
- 01:49 PM Revision 4084 (metacat): Add GeneralPropertyException to property setters
- 01:44 PM Revision 4083 (metacat): Remove default from ldap administrator
- 01:43 PM Revision 4082 (metacat): Reformat Checkbox
- 09:32 AM Revision 4081 (metacat): Add missing closing tag to comment out database update targets
- 09:25 PM Revision 4080 (metacat): Merge 1.9 changes into Head
- 11:38 AM Bug #3402: internal dtds are not handled
- I have fixed this problem in the SMS branch so that any file that is uploaded via the insertMultipart action can be r...
- 04:09 PM Revision 4078 (metacat): Commented out the servlet for HarvesterServlet.
- 04:03 PM Revision 4077 (metacat): *** empty log message ***
- 11:55 AM Revision 4076 (metacat): more improvements to the UI
- 11:46 AM Bug #3113: Metacat performance: saves from mopho are slow
- The latest update fixed this. A posgresql configuration change for the new version of posgresql fixed the problem
- 10:29 AM Revision 4071 (metacat): fixed bug in prev/next buttons
- 04:41 PM Revision 4047 (metacat): *** empty log message ***
- 04:39 PM Revision 4046 (metacat): added a tabbed interface
- 04:32 PM Revision 4045 (metacat): *** empty log message ***
- 04:26 PM Revision 4044 (metacat): selected tabs
- 04:22 PM Revision 4043 (metacat): *** empty log message ***
- 04:14 PM Revision 4042 (metacat): new graphics for the tabs
- 04:58 PM Revision 4039 (metacat): include changes to the first/metacat integration project
- merging/union across multiple datapackages now supported
- 03:51 PM Bug #3435 (New): Confusion on how Metcat searches a string which is differnet than Google
- Some users expect Metacat searches to work like Google. Google works as if there is a boolean "and" between each wor...
- 02:55 PM Revision 4038 (metacat): updated the link the ITIS
- 11:28 AM Bug #2983: Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- It was done and no error is reported so far. Close this bug.
- 11:27 AM Bug #3397: metacat needs server side sort mechanism
- Move to 1.9 milestone
- 11:15 AM Bug #3416 (New): ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in DBConnectionPool
- The following error has appeared in the Tomcat log files at LTER several times:
Jun 25, 2008 9:55:54 AM org.apache...
- 03:06 PM Bug #3415 (Resolved): metacat prints namespace attributes in opposite order of original document
- When you serialize a document from metacat, the xmlns attributes come out in the opposite order from which the origin...
- 09:43 AM Revision 4034 (metacat): save point before extending to allow merging across assessments
- 03:00 PM Bug #3397: metacat needs server side sort mechanism
- *** Bug 3413 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- 03:00 PM Bug #3413: Sort order of returned resultsets needs to be standard
- accidentally added a duplicate bug
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 3397 ***
- 02:59 PM Bug #3413 (Resolved): Sort order of returned resultsets needs to be standard
- Metacat seems to sort the returned search results in different ways, which causes problems with paged query returns. ...
- 12:01 PM Revision 4032 (metacat): added functionality to make the document public after upload
- 09:35 AM Revision 4031 (metacat): increase left nav height for IE so that all the nodes are shown
- (not the best in FF - but better than nothing)
- 09:23 AM Bug #3412 (New): Kml file needs work- data set points icon and points "splitting" when clicked on
- The kml file that can be downloading in the Data Catalog Map (Dowonload Goggle Earth KML) pages needs some improvemen...
- 11:31 AM Revision 4013 (metacat): added style for the ontologies and made the search results remember their page
- 03:15 PM Revision 4012 (metacat): updated stylesheets for ontologies
- 01:39 PM Bug #3319: Edit feature doesn't work on documents with uneditable fields
- People need to be able to go back and upload a table, using the NCEAS online form after submitting the data set.
- 01:33 PM Bug #3403: xmlns without a : is serialized incorrectly
- added an if statement to check for this condition. it now prints the xmlns out correctly.
- 11:54 AM Bug #3403 (Resolved): xmlns without a : is serialized incorrectly
- if you upload a document with an xmlns=xxx instead of xmlns:y=xxx to metacat, it uploads correctly, but when you read...
- 01:33 PM Revision 4011 (metacat): fixed bug 3403
- 11:52 AM Bug #3402 (In Progress): internal dtds are not handled
- XML documents with internal DTDs are not handled by metacat. The internal dtd entity callback in the sax parser is b...
- 04:30 PM Revision 4010 (metacat): Merge METACAT_1_8_1 to cvs head.
- 01:26 PM Revision 4009 (metacat): Updated registry instructions to fix typo, include full dependency list to fetch with apt-get for Debian-based systems
- 12:45 PM Bug #3396: Enable event notification feature
- You might be interested in a project at the LTER Network Office to build an auditing system for all downloads, not ju...
- 11:40 AM Bug #3396: Enable event notification feature
- Here is another request regarding this. It is from Dan Gruener. "Also, we want to upload the datasets for NCEAS but s...
- 11:06 AM Revision 4008 (metacat): Add two files into cvs head.
- 01:29 PM Revision 4007 (metacat): merge 1.8.1 to head
- 01:16 PM Revision 4006 (metacat): merge 1.8.1 to head
- 04:38 PM Bug #3397 (Resolved): metacat needs server side sort mechanism
- in the past, we've been using xslt to sort search results going to a browser or client. This works fine until you us...
- 03:41 PM Revision 4005 (metacat): got ajax calls working to display existing datasets in a paged table
- 03:35 PM Bug #2983: Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- Step 7. Delete /usr/lib/pgsql/data by user postgres
rm data -rf
was changed to: mv data data-for-7.4
- 03:34 PM Bug #2983: Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- I have some issues about compat-postgresql-libs-3-2PGDG.rhel4.i686.rpm and compat-postgresql-libs-4-1PGDG.rhel4.i686....
- 03:04 PM Bug #2983: Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- In step 5, i first ran:
[root@knb postgres-8.3.3]# rpm -ef `rpm -qa | grep postgresql`
error: Failed dependencies:
- 01:22 PM Revision 4004 (metacat): removing unneeded files
- 10:36 AM Bug #3396: Enable event notification feature
- This is a great idea and a frequently requested feature. I think people would be more likely to archive their data if...
- 10:34 AM Bug #3396 (In Progress): Enable event notification feature
- We would like to propose some changes to Metacat's event logging
feature to extend the functionality and provide a...
- 11:17 AM Revision 4002 (metacat): cleaned up the upload functionality a bit.
- 10:51 AM Revision 4001 (metacat): changed message for successful upload, removed some clutter
- 10:33 AM Bug #3394: can't upload xml documents via multipart
- I added functionality to metacat to allow this. the new action is called "insertmultipart". I haven't made it work ...
- 03:19 PM Revision 4000 (metacat): replacing the file with files from before I messed up this directory
- 03:18 PM Revision 3999 (metacat): rebuilding the knb skin from before the time where I messed it up
- 03:06 PM Revision 3998 (metacat): putting the sms skin in the sms directory for real
- 02:47 PM Revision 3997 (metacat): removing some sms that somehow got in this dir
- 02:42 PM Revision 3996 (metacat): you can now upload xml documents with the sms skin
- 02:41 PM Revision 3995 (metacat): added support to upload an xml document using multipart encoding. the enables better support for web interfaces that wish to use multipart to upload xml documents. the action is 'insertmultipart'
- 01:03 PM Bug #3395 (Closed): allow private access via indexed "shortcut" url
- Currently you can read documents using the url http://server.com/metacat/metacat/docid.1.1. This only works for publ...
- 01:00 PM Bug #3394 (Resolved): can't upload xml documents via multipart
- You can only upload a binary file via the action=upload functionality. This should be changed to allow xml documents...
- 12:49 PM Revision 3994 (metacat): removing commits that I didn't mean to make
- 12:43 PM Revision 3993 (metacat): made it so that the error and success messages from a multipart upload can be transformed using xslt. also added upload functionality to the sms skin
- 10:35 AM Revision 3992 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Add a note there is no update sql needed to be run.
- 10:59 AM Bug #3021: ldapweb.cgi needs some usability improvements
- parts 1 & 2 of this problem solved, part 1 in a 1.8.1 fix and part two in the 1.9 Token_Replacement branch.
- 10:57 AM Revision 3989 (metacat): adding content to the skin and fixing some login errors
- 05:54 PM Revision 3988 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Add "cfg=default" into the link to create/reset/forget password ldap account.
- 04:25 PM Revision 3983 (metacat): got ajax calls working to do login/logout for the sms page
- 04:22 PM Revision 3982 (metacat): got ajax calls working to do login/logout for the sms page
- 02:06 PM Revision 3979 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Change CGI_PREFIX to CGI_URL
- 01:30 PM Revision 3977 (metacat): check into cvs headd. change skin from default to knb.
- 12:35 PM Revision 3975 (metacat): adding new skin for SEEK SMS.
- 11:34 AM Bug #3390: Data Catalog Map and IE 7.0.5730.11 brings up pop up windows that can be a problem
- Please note the Manage Add-ons window does not pop up in the process, but disabling the XML DOM Document 5.0 will bri...
- 11:29 AM Bug #3390: Data Catalog Map and IE 7.0.5730.11 brings up pop up windows that can be a problem
- Screen shot information for this bug
- 11:26 AM Bug #3390 (New): Data Catalog Map and IE 7.0.5730.11 brings up pop up windows that can be a problem
- Data Catalog Map and IE (Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11) brings up pop up windows that can be a problem. Most of them ...
- 11:05 AM Revision 3969 (metacat): do not include NCEAS projects in registry for saeon
- 11:04 AM Revision 3968 (metacat): uncomment the registry link in the header
- 10:39 AM Revision 3967 (metacat): increase the left nav once again (accommodate new SAEON nodes)
- 10:19 AM Bug #3389: FGDC files do not go to the most recent version when the version number is not included
- committed to both the 1.8.1 branch and HEAD
- 09:33 AM Bug #3389: FGDC files do not go to the most recent version when the version number is not included
- i've updated the fgdc style sheet such that the partial docid will display the datapackage download section
- 08:53 AM Bug #3389 (Resolved): FGDC files do not go to the most recent version when the version number is not included
- FGDC files do not go to the most recent version when the version number is not included. They also do not include the...
- 10:18 AM Revision 3966 (metacat): uncomment the registry link in the header
- 10:16 AM Revision 3965 (metacat): increase height of left nav for new SAEON nodes
- 09:56 AM Revision 3964 (metacat): use the docid from the metadata rather than the parameter when operating on the metadata document (in cases when the docid w/o revision is not given).
- see bug #3389
- 09:25 AM Revision 3960 (metacat): use starts-with function for cases when the abbreviated docid is used to retrieve the metadata
- see bug #3389
- 04:46 PM Bug #3368: security issue with skins
- Short solution for 1.8.1 release:
in registry_installtion.html, a paragraph was added to change the owner and access...
- 04:44 PM Revision 3956 (metacat): Add this file to cvs head.
- 04:43 PM Revision 3955 (metacat): Checked it into cvs head. Add a note to address the issue of replication.
- 03:58 PM Revision 3945 (metacat): adjust height to accommodate previous change:
- -add new SAEON nodes (requested by Judith)
- 01:24 PM Revision 3944 (metacat): add new SAEON nodes (requested by Judith)
- 12:02 PM Bug #3176: Verify existing token changes to skins
- Verified that all skins are working
- 11:59 AM Bug #3146: Include FGDC metadata in KNB and NCEAS skin search results
- closing after conference call for 1.8.1rc2
- 09:31 AM Bug #3384 (Resolved): Implement and test turnkey installation on windows
- Phase III of the turnkey installation project is the creation of turnkey installer for windows.
- 09:23 AM Bug #3383 (In Progress): Create RPM/Deb installation utilities
- Phase II of the turnkey installation project is the creation of an install utility for linux
- 09:21 AM Bug #3382 (Resolved): Update documentation for all 1.9 changes
- Update documentation including:
Release notes for 1.9
Online installation instructions
User/Dev help html pages
- 09:20 AM Bug #3381 (Resolved): Create unit test code for 1.9 additions
- Areas that need test code include (but are not limited to):
- 09:16 AM Bug #3380 (Resolved): Create LSID server installation
- Create the LSID server installation for 1.9. Need to decide whether that server will stay an ANT install for 1.9 or ...
- 09:06 AM Bug #3379 (Resolved): Test ecogrid in turnkey installation
- Make sure ecogrid works completely in turnkey installation.
- 09:04 AM Bug #3378 (Resolved): Test turnkey installation against Tomcat 6
- Make sure all code works against tomcat version 5 and 6.
- 09:02 AM Bug #3377 (Resolved): Create ANT install target for developers
- The ANT install targets will go away for 1.9 since the install will be handled by a utility that will drop a war file...
- 08:59 AM Bug #3376 (Resolved): Add DB upgrade/install functionality to java code
- Add the ability for db upgrade scripts to be run from within java. This will allow control of the db upgrade from wi...
- 08:55 AM Bug #3375 (Resolved): Create a sorted properties utility
- Create a class that will handle standard properties, but will maintain comments, spaces and property order.
- 08:53 AM Bug #3374 (Resolved): Add authentication for configuration utility
- The configuration utility should only be available via LDAP authentication of administrative users. The exception to...
- 08:50 AM Bug #3373 (Resolved): Create skin specific configuration utility
- Skins need to be configurable on an individual basis. The existing (new for 1.9) configuration utility needs to be m...
- 08:47 AM Bug #3372 (Resolved): Integrate perl token replacement changes into token_replacement branch
- Shaun made the perl token replacement changed for 1.9. These changes may affect the token replacement changes made i...
- 08:45 AM Bug #3371 (Resolved): Modify confguration utility in metacat
- To facilitate the turnkey installer, the internal metacat configuration utility that Matt J created must be upgraded.
- 08:41 AM Bug #3370 (Resolved): Merge token replacement code onto HEAD
- All 1.9 token replacement code has taken place on the token_replacement branch so far. Now that 1.8.1 has been relea...
Also available in: Atom