From 01/05/2009 to 02/03/2009
- 04:01 PM Revision 4795 (metacat): Allow for backup properties to be written to context based subdirectory of the external configuration directory. This allow multiple instances of metacat to be run side by side.
- 03:58 PM Revision 4794 (metacat): Moved ecogrid hostname to build.properties
- 03:12 PM Bug #3806 (Resolved): Multiple instances of metacat will try to back up configuration to the same directory
- When metacat autodiscovers the backup directories, it will find the same directory for multiple instances of metacat ...
- 02:15 PM Revision 4792 (metacat): handle case when there is a single question on the assessment
- 02:14 PM Revision 4791 (metacat): correct spelling of "Assessment"
- 11:10 AM Bug #3784: Docs don't drop off of esa moderator's list once they are approved
- Changed the xml access paths to reflect EML 2.1.0, adding the 2.1.0 paths to indexing and changing the paths for quer...
- 09:15 AM Bug #3784 (Resolved): Docs don't drop off of esa moderator's list once they are approved
- The doc keeps showing up even after the moderator approves it. It looks like the query to get the moderators list is...
- 11:06 AM Revision 4790 (metacat): Update xml paths for 2.1.0 access structure. Added the 2.1.0 path for indexing. Changed from 2.0 to 2.1.0 for querying.
- 10:15 AM Revision 4789 (metacat): Add a short sleep when moderator accepts document so system can update. This will make sure correct documents get returned to moderators list.
- 10:12 AM Revision 4788 (metacat): Remove moderators from esa skin configuration. This is currently handled via global configuration in metacat.properties
- 09:13 AM Bug #3781: Add admin user/password configuration to esa skin configuration
- Added user/password configuration. Also removed moderator configuration from skin since we currently use the auth.mo...
- 05:16 PM Revision 4787 (metacat): change "blah blah" to something more respectable
- 10:15 AM Bug #3783 (New): Optimize ESA moderator queries
- The queries used to get information for ESA moderators are very slow. They may work fine against a limited db (like ...
- 04:46 PM Revision 4786 (metacat): Add admin email to the esa skin configuration
- 04:31 PM Revision 4785 (metacat): Change name of writeTempFile to writeTempUploadFile since this instance deals with the temporary upload dir specifically
- 04:29 PM Revision 4784 (metacat): Make esa admin user and password configurable
- 03:31 PM Bug #3781 (Resolved): Add admin user/password configuration to esa skin configuration
- ESA uses and admin account when datasets are registered. This needs to be configurable in the esa skin config. This...
- 10:31 AM Bug #3780: Register dataset with data file fails on saeon skin
- Changed the MetacatUtil.writeTempFile to write to an "upload" temp directory to avoid conflicts with the registry code.
- 08:36 AM Bug #3780 (Resolved): Register dataset with data file fails on saeon skin
- Registering a data set on the saeon skin with a data file fails. It comes back with the following error: "Failed to ...
- 10:28 AM Revision 4782 (metacat): Added exception to error xml to clarify error to api.
- 10:27 AM Revision 4781 (metacat): writeTempFile was trying to write the same file as the registry. Changed to write the file to an "upload" subdirectory. Also throws IOException so errors get reported back to api.
- 04:50 PM Bug #3779: A missing $skin.properties.metadata.xml file causes metacat to fail
- I had put in code to handle a missing <Skin>.properties file but not the skin.metadata.xml file
That is now caught, ...
- 03:59 PM Bug #3779 (Resolved): A missing $skin.properties.metadata.xml file causes metacat to fail
- If a skin lacks a $skin.properties.metadata.xml file, Metacat will throw this error on startup:
MC 15:33:01,688: [...
- 04:49 PM Bug #3778: Null sessionids causing configuration to fail
- This turned out to be a byproduct of a bad skin configuration. I went ahead and added checks for null session ids so...
- 03:07 PM Bug #3778: Null sessionids causing configuration to fail
Jan 26, 2009 2:15:48 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
- 02:46 PM Bug #3778 (Resolved): Null sessionids causing configuration to fail
- null session Id's are causing metacat to throw null pointer exceptions
- 04:38 PM Revision 4780 (metacat): Handle sessions with null ids gracefully.
- 04:38 PM Revision 4779 (metacat): Do not throw exception when skin metadata file is missing. Instead, remove the skin from the available skins list, write an error message to the log and continue on. This was already done for the skins properties file.
- 01:46 PM Revision 4778 (metacat): Check for null session ID when touching session.
- 01:13 PM Bug #3776: LTER logged in link is broken
- LTER Skin has a branding_extensions.js file that overrides branding.js. Added the contextURL to the insertLoginBox m...
- 11:23 AM Bug #3776 (Resolved): LTER logged in link is broken
- On the LTER skin, the "logged in" link tries to take you to:
- 01:10 PM Revision 4777 (metacat): Add the context url as a parameter to insertLoginBox() in branding_extensions.js.
- 01:07 PM Bug #3777 (Resolved): Move Tomcat libraries into metacat build
- Right now, the Tomcat libraries (javax.http...) are referenced via the Tomcat install directory on the build machine....
- 11:22 AM Bug #3775: Unaffiliated is only organization to show up at login time
- Added org.name.<orgname>= values back to metacat.properties so all organizations show up on login dropdowns.
- 08:38 AM Bug #3775 (Resolved): Unaffiliated is only organization to show up at login time
- When trying to log in via ldapweb.cgi, the only organization available is Unaffiliated.
- 10:19 AM Revision 4776 (metacat): Get the organization list from org.name.<orgname>= property. Add these values back into metacat.properties.
- 03:42 PM Revision 4775 (metacat): Changed spatial and taxonomic display option to true.
- 03:40 PM Revision 4774 (metacat): Changing the ChangePassword method to fix password reset broke the password change functionality. Moved the fix (add dc to username) into the handleResetPassword function.
- 03:34 PM Bug #3772: Error when trying to reset ldap password
- The dc was not being appended to the user name for password reset. Added it in the handleResetPassword method. Also...
- 11:10 AM Revision 4773 (metacat): Fix typo after the error message
- 10:24 AM Bug #3773 (New): Remove places where document is read into memory
- There is at least one place where metadata is read into memory. This is done when the doc needs to be written to dis...
- 09:39 AM Revision 4772 (metacat): Include the dc in the user name when connecting to ldap to change password.
- 03:25 PM Bug #3772 (Resolved): Error when trying to reset ldap password
- When trying to reset the password in the nceas skin, the following is returned:
"failed to log in. Are you sure y...
- 03:05 PM Bug #3762: Allow LDAPweb to continue working when referrals are down
- Simple fix applied in r4771.
- 03:04 PM Revision 4771 (metacat): Handle non-responsive LDAP referrals without killing the script, but still require the main LDAP to be up.
- 02:40 PM Bug #3767: Links on the ldap-web account creation page are broken
- Added cgiPrefix to the available template variables in ldapweb.cgi.
- 11:41 AM Bug #3767 (Resolved): Links on the ldap-web account creation page are broken
- The page that has the ldap new account creation form has links at the top to Register and Logout. These links are mi...
- 02:39 PM Revision 4770 (metacat): Add cgiPrefix to the template variables.
- 10:36 AM Bug #3765: Backup configured passwords as encrypted values
- Along these lines of reasoning, security practices dictate never storing the plaintext password at all. Perhaps once...
- 10:11 AM Bug #3765 (New): Backup configured passwords as encrypted values
- Currently, the user has to add the passwords for the db, skins and metacat ldap web every time they upgrade. This sh...
- 04:30 PM Bug #3763: another permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- Metacat was checking for xml_access when uploading a new data file. Changed so that it only checks for existing data...
- 11:37 AM Bug #3763 (Resolved): another permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- When registering a dataset with a data file, Metacat is throwing the following exception:
MC 14:29:17,633: [ERROR]...
- 04:28 PM Revision 4769 (metacat): Don't worry about checking for user permissions when inserting a new document
- 12:03 PM Bug #3762: Allow LDAPweb to continue working when referrals are down
- This is already done in register-dataset.cgi so that broken referrals are skipped, so you can probably model the code...
- 11:32 AM Bug #3762 (Resolved): Allow LDAPweb to continue working when referrals are down
- Currently, the LDAPweb script iterates over each referrer when checking for existing names. If one of these fails to...
- 11:16 AM Bug #3384: Implement and test turnkey installation on windows
- this has been implemented and tested
- 11:15 AM Bug #3761 (Closed): Add ability for admin user to log out
- Currently in the configuration utility, the admin user can only log in as a new user. Should also have the ability t...
- 09:31 AM Revision 4768 (metacat): add instruction to install scalar::util for registry
- 12:26 PM Revision 4767 (metacat): Add a few more debugging messages to LDAPweb to help find timeout issues
- 12:20 PM Bug #3757: Error when creating ldap account via nceas skin on dev
- Fixed by installing Scalar::Util with cpan:
> force install Scalar::Util
A redhat specific issue, explained in...
- 11:34 AM Bug #3757 (Resolved): Error when creating ldap account via nceas skin on dev
- When submitting a new ldap account on dev in the nceas skin, a blank screen is returned.
The following errors show...
- 12:16 PM Bug #3758: Permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- Temporary directory wasn't writable by apache on dev. Updated to enable file writing, should now work as expected.
- 12:07 PM Bug #3758 (Resolved): Permissions error when registering dataset in nceas skin
- Registering a dataset with all fields filled in and an attached data doc comes back with a blank screen. The apache ...
- 12:03 PM Bug #3756: Passwords should not persist to backup files
- Added code to check if field is a password. If so, don't back it up.
- 10:09 AM Revision 4766 (metacat): Do not back up password properties
- 10:05 AM Revision 4765 (metacat): change the eml tag to RC4 instead of head.
- 02:33 PM Revision 4764 (metacat): Add documentation for serviced based architecture and utilties classes.
- 12:41 PM Bug #3756 (Resolved): Passwords should not persist to backup files
- Currently, the unaffiliated login password gets persisted to the auth.properties.backup file. This should never happ...
- 12:18 PM Bug #3752: New skins cause metacat to fail if all configuration files do not exist
- Changed SkinsAdmin to allow Metacat to start up even if certain skins are in metacat.properties but not structured co...
- 11:53 AM Revision 4762 (metacat): Only configure skins that are correctly configured in the skins directory.
- 11:52 AM Revision 4761 (metacat): Check for existance of backup file location at startup time.
- 10:44 AM Bug #3755 (New): Change property service to return null for blank properties
- Right now the PropertyService returns "" for empty properties. It should return null. This will required quite a bi...
- 04:12 PM Bug #3753: backup directory configuration should only be shown when existing dir cannot be discovered
- Changed the MetacatAdminServlet so that it will only display the backup dir configuration if the system cannot discov...
- 04:11 PM Bug #3750: Cancel button on admin login page is a road to nowhere
- Changed the cancel link to take the user back to the context url
- 04:09 PM Revision 4760 (metacat): Only show the backup configuration screen if the system cannot discover a directory.
- 01:42 PM Revision 4759 (metacat): Go back to main context page when user cancels login.
- 09:31 AM Bug #3744: Add ldap client credentails to configuration utility
- Ldap client credentials added to configuration
- 07:43 PM Bug #3679: ESA skin needs to use EML 2.1.0
- Full circle testing of the ESA registry completed, and remaining bugs fixed in r4758. Fixed issues:
â€¢ omit port num...
- 07:41 PM Revision 4758 (metacat): A slew of fixes in the process of fixing bug #3679:
- - omit port number from the contextUrl if running on 80, looks bad in exposed URLs
- explicitly pass the metacat obj...
- 07:23 PM Revision 4757 (metacat): Kill more pesky ant tokens, replace URL references with fully qualified URL as this page is rendered into emails.
- 02:30 PM Revision 4756 (metacat): confirmData template changes for dealing with modified otherEntity data
- 01:39 PM Revision 4755 (metacat): fix ESA contextURL reference
- 11:38 AM Revision 4754 (metacat): - move moderatorComments into //additionalMetadata/metadata/ as per EML 2.1 (Bug #3679)
- - overlay skin-specific email properties on system-level properties (email hostname)
- 04:06 PM Revision 4753 (metacat): validate only required fields.
- 04:06 PM Revision 4752 (metacat): add the ability to validate that only required fields are populated.
- 04:05 PM Revision 4751 (metacat): Process affiliated ldap info
- 04:04 PM Revision 4750 (metacat): Add sections for the unaffiliated user configuration and add required field to appropriate fields
- 03:36 PM Bug #3725: Can't add new ldap account via ldapweb.cgi
- closing bug.
- 03:36 PM Bug #3725: Can't add new ldap account via ldapweb.cgi
- Wrong authentication information was being used, fixed in r4749.
- 03:32 PM Revision 4749 (metacat): Fix problem with failing authentication for creating new accounts. (Bug #3725)
- 03:08 PM Bug #3753 (Resolved): backup directory configuration should only be shown when existing dir cannot be discovered
- There is no reason to keep having the backup directory configuration screen show up every time on configuration.
- 03:05 PM Bug #3752 (Resolved): New skins cause metacat to fail if all configuration files do not exist
- When a skin is added to the code and to the skins list in metacat.properties, it will cause metacat to fail at startu...
- 03:03 PM Bug #3751 (Resolved): Move skins to external directory
- We need to move the skins to a directory outside of the application directories so they don't get blown away every ti...
- 05:27 PM Revision 4748 (metacat): minor change to help nick test irccat
- 05:20 PM Revision 4747 (metacat): Enable debugging for LDAPweb.
- 03:46 PM Bug #3750 (Resolved): Cancel button on admin login page is a road to nowhere
- When visiting the admin page prior to login, e.g.
The 'Cancel' button 40...
- 03:19 PM Revision 4746 (metacat): DRY out login request code
- 12:20 PM Revision 4745 (metacat): Ensure that file permission is always set. If unset, it'll cause the EML document to be invalid.
- 12:07 PM Bug #3319: Edit feature doesn't work on documents with uneditable fields
- Completed fix for modifying documents with otherEntity objects in r4744. The deletefile array generated by the entryF...
- 12:00 PM Revision 4744 (metacat): Complete implementation of otherEntity editing and deletion, syncronizing changes to EML document. Now all elements which are created by the form can also be edited (Bug #3319). Also prevented associated party duplication on modification.
- 11:11 AM Revision 4743 (metacat): Fix typos in error messages.
- 09:57 AM Bug #3744 (Resolved): Add ldap client credentails to configuration utility
- in order for the ldap web interface to work (change password, create account), metacat must be configured with the ld...
- 04:40 PM Bug #3743: undefined value error when submitting dataset with data file using registry
- A parameter was getting mistakenly read twice from the writeFile method. Shaun committed fix.
- 04:31 PM Bug #3743 (Resolved): undefined value error when submitting dataset with data file using registry
- When submitting a data set with an attached data file, a blank screen is returned. The apache error log has:
- 04:33 PM Revision 4742 (metacat): only shift once; fix typo in writeFile
- 03:22 PM Bug #3720: uninitialized value error when trying to create new login account on dev
- Fixed by making ldapweb.cgi match the current properties used by Metacat.
- 01:33 PM Bug #1552: Dependence of NCEAS registry on Admin database
- A number of changes to the AdminDB and the registry make this connection more reliable, and the error cases are well ...
- 01:28 PM Bug #3742 (New): Improve UI for selecting projects for NCEAS skin
- The existing UI for the NCEAS project listing is difficult to use, it contains (as of this writing) 539 projects and ...
- 12:33 PM Bug #3741: Can't redirect to registry page on dev server
- When missing any of the properties needed to connect to the AdminDB, the script failed. Fixed in r4761.
- 11:36 AM Bug #3741 (Resolved): Can't redirect to registry page on dev server
- I have the following problem on dev only. It works on my local dev system ...
When going to the registry site at:...
- 12:32 PM Revision 4741 (metacat): Fix issue with missing AdminDB parameters causing the registry script to fail (Bug #3741)
- 10:08 AM Bug #3731: Registering dataset via register-dataset.cgi fails with data file
- The system was checking the xml_access table for user permissions for new online files.
Changed the 2.1.0 EML Sax ha...
- 10:07 AM Bug #3732: Sitemap test is failing
- The sitemap file was being read into a 1024 byte buffer in the test case. Once the sitemap was greater than 1024, th...
- 04:43 PM Revision 4740 (metacat): Remove outdated CGI related build properties.
- 03:30 PM Revision 4739 (metacat): standardize registry debug messages with 'Registry:' prefix
- 02:37 PM Revision 4738 (metacat): Further fixes for allowing editing with otherEntity objects, completed deserialization and copying of file metadata from existing data objects (Bug #3319). Still needs more work.
- 12:28 PM Bug #3726: Help links do not work on NCEAS registry skin
- Typo was preventing template from rendering correctly, fixes in r4737.
- 12:27 PM Revision 4737 (metacat): fix typo preventing guide pages from showing (Bug #3726)
- 12:13 PM Bug #3736 (Closed): Remove confirmation message and reference to KNB on default search
- 09:48 AM Revision 4735 (metacat): The test was failing because it was reading the sitemap file into a buffer and the limit was being reached. Used the FileUtil string reader to get the file.
- 09:45 AM Revision 4734 (metacat): Move the logMetacat global
- 09:41 AM Revision 4733 (metacat): Only check user permissions for online data if the data already exists.
- 08:53 AM Bug #3732 (Resolved): Sitemap test is failing
- The sitemap junit test fails because it does not find a file that should be there. It looks like the file is not wri...
- 04:27 PM Bug #3731 (Resolved): Registering dataset via register-dataset.cgi fails with data file
- When registering a data set, if a file is attached, the following error is returned:
User tried to update an acces...
- 10:17 AM Bug #3728: Can't run advanced search in default skin
- The AdvancedSearchServlet was caching the system context before the configuration utility was run. If the user went ...
- 08:13 AM Bug #3728: Can't run advanced search in default skin
- Note, the comments originally added were from Duane C
- 08:12 AM Bug #3728 (Resolved): Can't run advanced search in default skin
- I did get a lot farther with the rc7 source distribution. I was able to install it on linux and get through the confi...
- 10:13 AM Revision 4732 (metacat): Get the metacat url from the SystemUtil.
- 08:44 AM Bug #3730 (New): Implement an isRequired field in the configuration metadata
- Add a field to tell if a configuration field is required so metacat can verify on the browser side at submit time.
- 08:32 AM Bug #3729 (Resolved): Add admin names as dropdown in configuration login
- Currently the user has to type in the full distinguished admin name to log in using ldap.
Instead, it would be nic...
- 04:37 PM Bug #3727: Registering dataset via register-dataset.cgi returns a blank page
- The nceas skin had debug on by default. If permissions are not set correctly on the temporary directory, the system ...
- 02:39 PM Bug #3727 (Resolved): Registering dataset via register-dataset.cgi returns a blank page
- The Apache error log has the following error:
Registry: Initialized -- stage set: confirmed
- 04:35 PM Revision 4731 (metacat): Don't die if the xml-debug file can't be written to the temporary directory. Instead, write a warning. Include the directions for making the temporary dir writable to the apache user in documentation.
- 02:36 PM Bug #3726 (Resolved): Help links do not work on NCEAS registry skin
- the "(What's this?) links do not work on the NCEAS skin.
Apache error log has the following error:
Use of unini...
- 02:30 PM Bug #3725 (Resolved): Can't add new ldap account via ldapweb.cgi
- When trying to add an ldap account, we get a "modifications require authentication" message.
The password has be...
- 12:34 PM Bug #2566: need to set filename for download files
- <below is copied from a recent email discussing the bug>
Bug resolved, with two outstanding issues:
- The metadata ...
- 12:29 PM Bug #3721: Some empty EML elements cause validator to fail
- Registry wasn't validating inputs for either data medium or usage rights. With the stricter requirements of EML 2.1, ...
- 12:26 PM Bug #3721: Some empty EML elements cause validator to fail
- Image of the completed form used by Chooyan to generate the EML SAX validation error.
- 12:28 PM Revision 4730 (metacat): Include error checking for required distribution elements, which must be non-empty strings in EML 2.1 (bug #3721).
- 10:28 AM Revision 4729 (metacat): Add back the auth.base variable to metacat.properties. Use this variable when creating ldap distinguished name.
- 10:19 AM Bug #3720: uninitialized value error when trying to create new login account on dev
- Updated ldapweb.cgi with proper properties definitions, is correctly generating pages but still needs further testing...
- 10:17 AM Revision 4728 (metacat): Update properties usage to be correct, use proper LDAP URL, move template function higher up to prevent prototyped subroutine definition issues.
- 08:20 AM Bug #3718: toolRef.model.getSRS error in console when rendering map
- Firefox? IE? Does it prevent the map from rendering?
- 01:52 PM Bug #3720: uninitialized value error when trying to create new login account on dev
- It looks like the ldapweb.cgi hasn't been updated for the most recent round of properties changes, and needs to have ...
- 11:35 AM Bug #3372: Integrate perl token replacement changes into token_replacement branch
- Token replacement has been completed, and is stable with the changes made for 1.9. A single set of Java properties a...
- 11:24 AM Bug #3721 (Resolved): Some empty EML elements cause validator to fail
- Some elements have to be populated if they exist in the doc. The registry currently creates them as empty elements a...
- 10:10 AM Bug #3719: $principal error when trying to register dataset.
- Uncommitted code in local copy checked in (r4726).
Also available in: Atom