From 10/15/2011 to 11/13/2011
- 09:10 AM Bug #5537 (Resolved): Move replication control panel to /admin servlet
- Instead of using the SSL client certificate secured /replication servlet to administer replication settings via the w...
- 09:00 AM Bug #5531: Remove/make optional the DataONE MN registration that occurs during Metacat configuration
- There is now a separate admin configuration screen for dataone:
-you can bypass it in the same way you can bypass geo...
- 03:19 PM Bug #5353: EcogridWriter doesn't work with the metacat built from trunk.
- Both Jing and I were unable to replicate this bug testing against a more recent Metacat trunk build
- 02:56 PM Bug #5353: EcogridWriter doesn't work with the metacat built from trunk.
- I tried this out with Kepler 2.1, writing sample EML 2.0.0 and EML 2.1.0 metadata (and data files). All worked out fi...
- 12:14 PM Bug #5353: EcogridWriter doesn't work with the metacat built from trunk.
- Is there a sample Kepler workflow we can use to debug this?
- 02:28 PM Bug #3815: Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- I just tried the registry on a test machine running most recent Metacat trunk and the ampersand was correctly encoded...
- 12:47 PM Bug #5536: Restore replicated data files that are 0 bytes
- Matt suggests an alternative approach: delete the files and the DB records for those files so that the next timed rep...
- 12:23 PM Bug #5536 (Resolved): Restore replicated data files that are 0 bytes
- Due to a replication bug, some data files were not replicated fully. These should be tracked down and restored.
- 12:44 PM Bug #4405: PISCO, KNB and LTER have different query result for SBC datasets.
- Running the query against the PISCO server returned the expected 14 records.
- 12:33 PM Bug #5532: Use strict build tag strategy for 2.0.0 release
- Looks good to me.
- 12:31 PM Bug #5532: Use strict build tag strategy for 2.0.0 release
- Proposed tags. Please comment.
-eml schema 2.1.1 (tags/RELEASE_EML_2_1_1)
-eml style sheets (tags/RELEASE_EML_UTILS_1...
- 12:22 PM Bug #5519: Replicated data files are 0 bytes
- This is fixed. We just need to figure out the files that have not replicated successfully. Any 0-length files on KNB ...
- 12:20 PM Bug #3811: Spatial caches should be backed up and restored
- The final step in the process should be to _NOT_ regenerate the spatial cache during 2.0 configuration.
- 12:13 PM Bug #5288: Metacat got "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space" after new geoserver update
- added to word doc
- 12:03 PM Bug #5513: add support for DOI identifiers from EZID
- I've managed to get UCSB to agree to pay for an EZID account from CDL that we'll be able to use to programatically as...
- 10:31 AM Bug #5535 (New): The 611 CDR documents replicated to KNB need to be repaired by fixing their inline data.
- This bug is the section 4 of the ongoing concerns:
- 09:59 AM Bug #5534 (Resolved): Replication log somehow doesn't work.
- Metacat logged the some important replication information into the metacatreplication.log file which stays in the dir...
- 09:41 AM Bug #3296: Replication: Many EML documents fail to replicate
- Follow-up to the previous comment of 2008-06-05:
1. There are still 94 documents that fail to replicate. These are a...
- 08:19 AM Bug #5533: Sanpark skin main page has login issue
- An additional message from judith:
I notice that when you login through the web page on firefox You get the me...
- 05:43 PM Bug #4356: knb website query result shows old version of a document
- Ben and I tested the updating and query on both forced replication and timed replication between two metacats. We cou...
- 04:07 PM Bug #4356: knb website query result shows old version of a document
- I used a morpho to create a eml document and insert it to metacat. Then i did a search and records was added to xml_q...
- 04:33 PM Bug #5533 (Resolved): Sanpark skin main page has login issue
- Hi Jing
Yes I see that it works on firefox the problem is that all our staff have to use IE So is there a way to f...
- 03:18 PM Bug #5532 (Resolved): Use strict build tag strategy for 2.0.0 release
- Currently Metacat relies on a number of external projects and repositories. We should take this opportunity to finali...
- 10:26 AM Bug #5531 (Resolved): Remove/make optional the DataONE MN registration that occurs during Metacat configuration
- Right now when I [re]configure Metacat I hit the DataONE CN in an attempt to register myself as a MN. This should be ...
- 02:10 PM Bug #5499: citation format odd for metacat data sets
- added to EML project and updated the Metacat build to pull from that tagged style update.
- 01:57 PM Bug #5499: citation format odd for metacat data sets
- Close. All that needs to change is delete #3 -- if BOTH are provided, only list the individualName and omit the orga...
- 12:43 PM Bug #5499: citation format odd for metacat data sets
- After looking more closely at the code, I think we already have what you propose -- it just depends on the content of...
- 05:21 PM Bug #2495: Charset bug: Internationalization
- Moving this to 2.0.0.
Also, I think relying on the XML-declared encoding is a much safer (easier) bet than inspectin...
- 05:13 PM Bug #5519: Replicated data files are 0 bytes
- After installing Metacat 1.9.5 on fred.msi.ucsb.edu I was able to see the failure point. It was something that I fixe...
- 02:27 PM Bug #5530: Sanparks skin shows update and delete action when user public reads a FGDC package
- also see: http://bugzilla.ecoinformatics.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5394
- 02:21 PM Bug #5530 (Resolved): Sanparks skin shows update and delete action when user public reads a FGDC package
- Here is an email from Judith:
I have successfully uploaded a number of GIS layers What concerns me is
- 02:27 PM Bug #5394: FGDC interface does not correctly show controls and permission settings
- consolidating into one bug
- 02:18 PM Bug #5519: Replicated data files are 0 bytes
- There's no difference between 1.9.5 tag and trunk for the ReplicationService.handleGetDataFileRequest() method -- may...
- 02:06 PM Bug #5519: Replicated data files are 0 bytes
- Now with BOTH servers using Apache certificate/SSL mechanisms the replication is still successful.
- 01:25 PM Bug #5519: Replicated data files are 0 bytes
- Switching bespin.nceas.ucsb.edu to use Apache for the SSL handling still left the data replication working as expecte...
- 12:34 PM Bug #5519: Replicated data files are 0 bytes
- I set up one-way replication from bespin.nceas.ucsb.edu --> fred.msi.ucsb.edu.
Using the Tomcat-only certificate gene...
- 08:40 AM Bug #5499: citation format odd for metacat data sets
- No, I don't think that's quite right. If a Creator contains an individualName, use that and not the organization. If ...
- 04:25 PM Bug #5499: citation format odd for metacat data sets
- Does there need to be an XSLT parameter that allows different skins to specify whether they want organizations treate...
- 04:21 PM Bug #5499: citation format odd for metacat data sets
- Okay, what's the final decision here?
We have givenName, surName and an organizationName. It sounds like the citatio...
- 02:48 PM Bug #5526 (Resolved): final test issue
- One final test, sorry for the spam.
- 02:46 PM Bug #5525: test issue again
- Test bug.
- 02:36 PM Bug #5525 (Resolved): test issue again
- Another test to be ignored.
- 02:36 PM Bug #5524: test issue
- Test bug. Closing.
- 02:34 PM Bug #5524 (Resolved): test issue
- Please ignore -- this is a test issue.
- 02:23 PM Bug #5522: download linked KNB data and convert links in EML to ORE packages
- Creation of SystemMetadata when no SystemMetadata is provided (i.e. any object creation not through the DataONE API) ...
- 02:06 PM Bug #5522 (New): download linked KNB data and convert links in EML to ORE packages
- The KNB data sets, and EML data in general, represent linkages to data as online/url linkages in EML documents. When...
- 02:16 PM Bug #5523 (Resolved): setting authoritative MN and rightsHolder for KNB data on conversion
- When EML and data in the NCEAS and LTER metacat is converted to use in the new KNB MN, we need to generate system me...
- 01:28 PM Bug #5515: change version to 2.0.0 in prep for release
- db version scripts and properties are updated to 2.0.0
- 01:23 PM Bug #3815: Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- I only see delNormalize() being called from the deleteData() function in register-dataset.cgi -- but perhaps similar ...
- 01:11 PM Bug #3815: Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- The specific example looks to have its origins in delNormalize (sic) within register-dataset.cgi -- the first regex o...
- 10:23 PM Bug #3815: Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- Using the Java MetacatClient API to insert a document with & also worked fine (no additional encoding of the & sy...
- 08:23 PM Bug #3815: Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- Using the dev skin to load an XML document with an ampersand encoded as: & kept the character intact. To me, this...
- 01:17 PM Bug #4907: Replication error stops insert/update of valid EML document
- Added clearer error handling when replication lock requests cannot be gotten
- 01:01 PM Bug #4083: Metacat doesn't declare XML document encoding
- For incoming XML files, Metacat will inspect the encoding specified in the prolog and use that if found; defaulting t...
- 12:48 PM Bug #2236: metacat parser allows eml with missing content
- I tried inserting this document as is: it was fine because it validates against the 2.0.1 schema.
I tries modifying i...
- 07:41 PM Bug #5054: Unable to insert large EML documents and no error status returned
- On first inspection, it appears that the request is coming into Metacat with no parameters set when I use the dev ski...
- 07:00 PM Bug #5273: docs with inline-data allow invalid xml into metacat
- I tried this with the attached inline.xml file that has an invalid unescaped ampersand in the inline section -- Metac...
- 06:58 PM Bug #5273: docs with inline-data allow invalid xml into metacat
- This file uses unescaped ampersand (&) in the inline data section.
- 04:05 PM Bug #5515: change version to 2.0.0 in prep for release
- updated docs and the source tree to use tomcat6 rather than tomcat5.5
- 01:30 PM Bug #3811: Spatial caches should be backed up and restored
- If someone wants to put the spatial cache in /var/metacat they will have to do it manually, then configure metacat (w...
- 01:01 PM Bug #2084: Pathquery support for temporal search on date fields
- Will exercise this during testing for release.
- 06:59 PM Bug #5520 (Resolved): Create replication integration test suite
- Replication integration tests should include:
-force replication between two servers -- A, B (write, update, delete)...
- 06:31 PM Bug #5519 (Resolved): Replicated data files are 0 bytes
- We set up 2-way replication between PPBio and PELD (Brazilian Metacat instances) and have since seen that the replica...
- 04:30 PM Bug #2084: Pathquery support for temporal search on date fields
- This should be in 2.0.0 since it is already in the trunk. The upgrade script is the only thing I am worried about -- ...
- 04:11 PM Bug #5262: EML document owner can't read the document
- Probably solution is to use Java's canonicalization routines to normalize the DN, as Ben has done on the DataONE DNs....
- 03:59 PM Bug #5244: ldapweb.cgi shouldn't report ou=Account accounts since they're unusable
- Need to check with Shaun if this is actually fixed.
- 03:54 PM Bug #4651: data packages losing data tables (and then finding them again)
- Unable to replicate. Please reopen if more details emerge.
- 03:48 PM Bug #4442: Spatial indexing should not run and block metacat
- Related to bug #3811.
- 03:47 PM Bug #5518 (In Progress): Track down the performance issue of metacat query.
- Matt queried knb with the word "water". It took one minute and half. We need to figured out why it so slow.
- 03:46 PM Bug #3811: Spatial caches should be backed up and restored
- Decided that its best to move these files to /var/metacat by default.
- 03:44 PM Bug #5234: Replication -- user does not have permission to update access rule for data file
- In v1.9.5 we use a null replication user to perform replication (rather than the user_owner from the xml_documents ta...
- 03:17 PM Bug #4900: LDAP referral connection timeout
- Decided that #3 is not feasible since accounts may be in groups defined on various LDAP servers.
- 01:20 PM Bug #5517 (Resolved): mark EcoGrid and Servlet APIs as deprecated
- EcoGrid and Servlet APIs in metacat are being replaced (gradally) by the DataONE services. Mark these older APIs as ...
- 01:19 PM Bug #5516 (Resolved): continue updating user documentation
- Documentation needs editing to describe new 2.0.0 features, including support for new DataONE APIs, deprecation of ol...
- 01:15 PM Bug #5515 (Resolved): change version to 2.0.0 in prep for release
- To prepare for the release, change te version number to 2.0.0 for all documentation, including README, Sphinx docs, etc.
- 01:01 PM Bug #5288: Metacat got "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space" after new geoserver update
- Not sure if there is an action here. Maybe add this information to the Metacat documentation/faq?
- 12:47 PM Bug #4083: Metacat doesn't declare XML document encoding
- I think these encoding issues have been fixed by Ben in trunk, but we need to discuss it to see if anything further n...
- 12:38 PM Bug #1601: Metacat will add default value for optional parameter into eml 2 document
- Marking as complete, because the read problem is fixed based on now reading original from disk. The insert problem i...
- 12:34 PM Bug #4275: Earthgrid REST API Implementation
- Task now being handled via #5011 DataONE service API implementation. This original work on interfaces has been obsol...
- 12:17 PM Bug #5514: implement DataONE service API
- Duplicate bug to #5011.
- 12:15 PM Bug #5514 (Resolved): implement DataONE service API
- Support the new DataONE service API for interoperable data repositories:
- 12:10 PM Bug #5513 (Resolved): add support for DOI identifiers from EZID
- DOI identifiers can be created through the EZID service run by the California Digital Library. See:
Also available in: Atom