From 10/25/2011 to 11/23/2011
- 02:55 PM Bug #5553 (New): setaccess action may have deleting access rule functionality
- Currently, setaccess action can only add access rules to the metacat. There is a limitation.
Sometimes, we want to...
- 02:48 PM Bug #5551: Set public access button on the FGDC document display page doesn't work (on sanparks skin).
- Also i noticed after set the access, the delete, update and set access button disappeared. Only download button can b...
- 02:36 PM Bug #5551: Set public access button on the FGDC document display page doesn't work (on sanparks skin).
- Since "setaccess" action can add access rules, this will cause problem.
Since the documents' allow rules for public r...
- 02:23 PM Bug #5551: Set public access button on the FGDC document display page doesn't work (on sanparks skin).
- To a none-public readable document, if we click the set access button with the checked public read check box, the doc...
- 01:59 PM Bug #5551: Set public access button on the FGDC document display page doesn't work (on sanparks skin).
- The kepler_kepler_21 is a FGDC document with the public readable access rule. Here is the record on xml_access:
- 11:09 AM Bug #5551 (Resolved): Set public access button on the FGDC document display page doesn't work (on sanparks skin).
- When I tried to grant a public readable access to a nonpublic readable document, i got an error:
User public does n...
- 01:07 PM Bug #5537: Move replication control panel to /admin servlet
- There is now a separate /admin screen for replication configuration. Now /replication can require SSL client certific...
- 12:49 PM Revision 6694 (metacat): remove the D1 configuration group (header)
- 12:10 PM Revision 6693 (metacat): verify checksum when retrieving replica from another member node.
- 11:59 AM Revision 6692 (metacat): make sure to get/put system metadata to the HZ map instead of using IdentifierManager directly
- verified changes for: https://redmine.dataone.org/issues/1999
- 11:37 AM Revision 6691 (metacat): match documentation for the MN.describe() header
- 11:31 AM Revision 6690 (metacat): configure synch schedule in the admin screen
- 11:03 AM Revision 6689 (metacat): look-up sych schedule from metacat properties instead of hardcoding them
- 11:00 AM Bug #5530: Sanparks skin shows update and delete action when user public reads a FGDC package
Okay. This is the current behavior. I am going to close the bug.
- 10:44 AM Bug #5530: Sanparks skin shows update and delete action when user public reads a FGDC package
- I think the checkbox should reflect the current state of the document. If it is unchecked, that indicates that it is ...
- 05:10 PM Bug #5530: Sanparks skin shows update and delete action when user public reads a FGDC package
- If fgdc-root.xsl, it has the control to display the buttons or not. The control is the parameter "enableFGDCediting"....
- 10:19 AM Revision 6688 (metacat): when comparing D1 Subject objects, use the equals() method not direct string comparison
- 10:07 AM Revision 6687 (metacat): access nodeList list correctly
- 04:10 PM Revision 6686 (metacat): When read a FGDC document, Metacat will add a new parameter enableFGDCediting params for the xml transforming.
- 02:23 PM Revision 6685 (metacat): New d1 common jar. Fixing my overwritten jar.
- 02:22 PM Bug #5548 (New): Replace COS Mime multipart library
- Here is a comment from Matt in bug 5543:
The COS Mime multipart library is incredibly old, and we should
- 02:20 PM Bug #5543: Can't upload a FGDC metadata file with a data file in SANParks skin
- Ben committed a new version of cos.jar file and modified the MetacatClient.java to handle the file size being -1. In ...
- 11:33 AM Bug #5543: Can't upload a FGDC metadata file with a data file in SANParks skin
- We may not even have to require a known size -- Metacat isn't storing that information. Sure, the new DataONE apis us...
- 02:16 PM Revision 6684 (metacat): set the uploade file size -1.
- 02:11 PM Revision 6683 (metacat): New d1 jars with changes to SubjectBase in the types classes.
- 12:10 PM Revision 6682 (metacat): remove D1 configuration -- it has its own admin screen now
- 12:09 PM Revision 6681 (metacat): updated cos.jar -- cos-26Dec2008.zip
- File upload improvements:
Added support for Servlets 2.4 and Java 5.
Added an ExceededSizeException type to make cat...
- 11:21 AM Revision 6680 (metacat): allow unknown content sizes
- 10:17 AM Bug #5547 (New): Couldn't get the Register Data Form after login under Register Data tab on Sanparks skin
- When you click "Register Data" tab on Sanparks skin, it will show a login form if you haven't login. However, it will...
- 07:51 PM Bug #5543: Can't upload a FGDC metadata file with a data file in SANParks skin
- Jing --
I'm not sure what the right solution is here, but here are some thoughts. First, trying to get the length o...
- 05:58 PM Bug #5543: Can't upload a FGDC metadata file with a data file in SANParks skin
- After dug around the code, i figured out the problem is at the CoientViewHelper.java.
In handlePackageUpload method,...
- 05:00 PM Revision 6679 (metacat): run replicate() in a separate thread so that we don't wait for potentially large data objects to be moved around the system.
- 12:13 PM Revision 6678 (metacat): Call replicate() asynchronously.
- 09:13 AM Revision 6677 (metacat): Use status.toLowerCase() to deal with ReplicationStatus conversion issues. This needs to be reviewed.
- 09:10 AM Revision 6676 (metacat): Use Subject.equals() when comparing DNs rather than CertificateManager.equalsDN(). Don't lock the pid in isNodeAuthorized() to debug for timeout issues. Minor debugging changes.
- 04:04 PM Bug #4728: grant document management privileges to admin user
- Admin user[s] now have complete control of the Metacata data and metadata. The list of items here (1-6) are covered n...
- 03:44 PM Revision 6675 (metacat): give the Metacat admin users FULL permissions on all data/docs
- 03:20 PM Revision 6674 (metacat): correct path for question mark icon -- though the documentation link is broken
- 02:49 PM Revision 6673 (metacat): remove replication control panel from dev skin -- now in admin interface
- 02:47 PM Revision 6672 (metacat): replication control panel now fully implemented as an admin configuration screen
- 02:40 PM Bug #5544 (Resolved): the footer of the output page after clicking TPC status/workflow can't be read on Sanparks skin
- The text of the footer of the output page is black and can be read when a user click TPC workflow/status menu.
- 02:31 PM Bug #5542: Data Package Upload form in SANParks skin missing the description text
- In footer, set some text to be regwhitetext. So everything looks fine.
- 02:30 PM Bug #5542: Data Package Upload form in SANParks skin missing the description text
- The text was not missing, but its color was white and couldn't be read.
The regtext class in sanparks.css was set:
- 02:23 PM Revision 6671 (metacat): change the footer to be regwhitetext style.
- 02:22 PM Revision 6670 (metacat): make regtext style black and add new style regwhitetext.
- 12:19 PM Revision 6669 (metacat): move replication configuration actions to the admin servlet and out of the replication servlet
- 12:03 PM Bug #5533: Sanpark skin main page has login issue
- For the first issue that a user could not log in on IE, the reason is IE invalid the login form after a div, which co...
- 11:42 AM Revision 6668 (metacat): Using the method sending form parameters rather than form object.
- The reason is IE will invalidate the form object after putting a login message on the div which contains the form.
- 11:38 AM Revision 6667 (metacat): Add methods to send form parameters to the server.
- 11:19 AM Revision 6666 (metacat): save SystemMetadata when replicating data and metadata -- this way if/when the node decides to be a DataONE MN it already has the information needed for each object
- 06:15 PM Revision 6665 (metacat): Minor logging for isNodeAuthorized(), and compare subjects properly. Change this to Subject.compareTo() when it is vetted.
- 04:09 PM Revision 6664 (metacat): check for authenticated and verified user permissions
- 03:34 PM Revision 6663 (metacat): throw NotAuthorized when there is no session
- 02:55 PM Bug #5543 (Resolved): Can't upload a FGDC metadata file with a data file in SANParks skin
- I tried to use the data package upload form to upload a FGDC file, it succeeded. However, if i uploaded a FGDC file w...
- 02:45 PM Bug #5542 (Resolved): Data Package Upload form in SANParks skin missing the description text
- It misses the text like:
Enter the Meta Data File (*.xml)
Enter Data File 1 (*.shp)
Enter Data File 2 (*.dbf)
- 02:27 PM Revision 6662 (metacat): Catch RuntimeExceptions thrown by Hazelcast as opposed to general Exceptions to we don't catch exceptions we're trying to throw.
- 01:51 PM Revision 6661 (metacat): include Subject comparator changes
- 12:58 PM Revision 6660 (metacat): get params from multipart params for systemMetadataChanged call
- 10:45 AM Revision 6659 (metacat): generalize exception handling -- add cause detail
- 10:38 AM Revision 6658 (metacat): remove DataONE schema reference in xml_catalog
- 10:34 AM Revision 6657 (metacat): Changes to setReplicationStatus and isNodeAuthorized(), working out minor bugs in replication.
- 09:50 AM Revision 6656 (metacat): include exception cause when throwing new exception (combine RuntimeException in Exception handling -- they are almst identical)
- 04:01 PM Revision 6655 (metacat): use /cn/xslt/ for the standard cn deployment
- 03:55 PM Revision 6654 (metacat): new jars with (at least) xslt updates for the D1 CN
- 10:48 AM Revision 6653 (metacat): throw InvalidToken when session is null
- 10:47 AM Revision 6652 (metacat): correct typo
- 09:37 AM Revision 6651 (metacat): Send the correct node id (the target node) when calling setReplicationStatus()
- 01:30 AM Bug #5513: add support for DOI identifiers from EZID
- I created a new library called 'ezid' in its own project that can be used to access the EZID REST services from withi...
- 04:00 PM Revision 6650 (metacat): get pid from normal params, not the URL -- the client should include them in the params -- and not as a serialized "object" since it is just a string value
- 03:49 PM Revision 6649 (metacat): check obsoletes and obsoletedBy PIDs when updating objects
- 03:34 PM Revision 6648 (metacat): delete system metadata when MN.delete() is called.
- 03:31 PM Revision 6647 (metacat): Using the method which reloads the page after sending login. This will fix an issue that the search function couldn't get the session id after login.
- 03:29 PM Revision 6646 (metacat): Add a new method which will reload the page after submitting a form.
- 02:59 PM Revision 6645 (metacat): throw InvalidToken when there is no session (certificate) provided in update() and delete() methods.
- 05:47 PM Revision 6644 (metacat): Calls to setReplicationStatus() can only be made by a CN or the MN that is the target replica node. Implement this service restriction in CNodeService using CertificateManager's equalsDN() method.
- 04:47 PM Revision 6643 (metacat): The ReplicationStatus parameter is 'status', not 'replicationStatus', in the architecture documentation.
- 03:50 PM Revision 6642 (metacat): Although parameters for setReplicationStatus() are expected as multipart/form-data fields, they seem to be added to the HttpServletRequest as URL parameters during the proxy forwarding in d1_cn_rest_proxy. Test for their existence as multipart fields, but fall back to request params, otherwise, throw an InvalidRequest exception.
- 11:18 AM Revision 6641 (metacat): updated d1_libclient jar from trunk
- 11:17 AM Revision 6640 (metacat): updated d1_common jar from trunk
- 09:54 AM Revision 6639 (metacat): lookup stylesheet from metacat.properties for CN list objects and list formats. This is used in conjunction with the CN rest service deployment where the xslt is actually kept.
- 09:12 AM Revision 6638 (metacat): actually persist the MN id value to the properties file
- 09:10 AM Bug #5537 (Resolved): Move replication control panel to /admin servlet
- Instead of using the SSL client certificate secured /replication servlet to administer replication settings via the w...
- 09:06 AM Revision 6637 (metacat): set the newly assigned MN id after we call CN.register().
- 09:00 AM Bug #5531: Remove/make optional the DataONE MN registration that occurs during Metacat configuration
- There is now a separate admin configuration screen for dataone:
-you can bypass it in the same way you can bypass geo...
- 08:58 AM Revision 6636 (metacat): Added stack trace debugging for CNodeService.isNodeAuthorized() for tracking down replication issues.
- 11:36 PM Revision 6635 (metacat): DataONE MN registration/configuration is now its own configuration page in the admin interface.
- 12:07 PM Revision 6634 (metacat): Since we're using a multipart form to encode parameters, extract the params out of the multipart form prior to doing a get() from the multipartparams map in setReplicationStatus(). Likewise, do the same in updateReplicationMetadata() and setReplicationPolicy().
- 08:52 AM Revision 6633 (metacat): New libclient jar with changes to CNode.setReplicationStatus() (r5824).
- 08:30 AM Revision 6632 (metacat): Use a session object that is set to null when calling CNode.setReplicationStatus()
- 08:05 AM Revision 6631 (metacat): Add debugging code to MNodeService.getReplica().
- 06:55 PM Revision 6630 (metacat): Set a new Session object to null, to be overwritten by the CertificateManager session information from the X.509 certificate.
- 05:45 PM Revision 6629 (metacat): more changes for http://bugzilla.ecoinformatics.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5527
- 04:26 PM Revision 6628 (metacat): get server param only when it is expected
- 03:34 PM Revision 6627 (metacat): check replication table (not keystore) for trusted server host name match
- 03:19 PM Bug #5353: EcogridWriter doesn't work with the metacat built from trunk.
- Both Jing and I were unable to replicate this bug testing against a more recent Metacat trunk build
- 02:56 PM Bug #5353: EcogridWriter doesn't work with the metacat built from trunk.
- I tried this out with Kepler 2.1, writing sample EML 2.0.0 and EML 2.1.0 metadata (and data files). All worked out fi...
- 12:14 PM Bug #5353: EcogridWriter doesn't work with the metacat built from trunk.
- Is there a sample Kepler workflow we can use to debug this?
- 02:28 PM Bug #3815: Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- I just tried the registry on a test machine running most recent Metacat trunk and the ampersand was correctly encoded...
- 12:51 PM Revision 6626 (metacat): Adding new D1 jars (r5818) with changes to libclient's CNode.setReplicationStatus(). It now sends multipart params rather than files since there's no XML structure to ReplicationStatus.
- 12:47 PM Bug #5536: Restore replicated data files that are 0 bytes
- Matt suggests an alternative approach: delete the files and the DB records for those files so that the next timed rep...
- 12:23 PM Bug #5536 (Resolved): Restore replicated data files that are 0 bytes
- Due to a replication bug, some data files were not replicated fully. These should be tracked down and restored.
- 12:44 PM Bug #4405: PISCO, KNB and LTER have different query result for SBC datasets.
- Running the query against the PISCO server returned the expected 14 records.
- 12:33 PM Bug #5532: Use strict build tag strategy for 2.0.0 release
- Looks good to me.
- 12:31 PM Bug #5532: Use strict build tag strategy for 2.0.0 release
- Proposed tags. Please comment.
-eml schema 2.1.1 (tags/RELEASE_EML_2_1_1)
-eml style sheets (tags/RELEASE_EML_UTILS_1...
- 12:22 PM Bug #5519: Replicated data files are 0 bytes
- This is fixed. We just need to figure out the files that have not replicated successfully. Any 0-length files on KNB ...
- 12:20 PM Bug #3811: Spatial caches should be backed up and restored
- The final step in the process should be to _NOT_ regenerate the spatial cache during 2.0 configuration.
- 12:13 PM Revision 6625 (metacat): added note about PermGen space + Geoserver
- 12:13 PM Bug #5288: Metacat got "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space" after new geoserver update
- added to word doc
- 12:03 PM Bug #5513: add support for DOI identifiers from EZID
- I've managed to get UCSB to agree to pay for an EZID account from CDL that we'll be able to use to programatically as...
- 10:31 AM Bug #5535 (New): The 611 CDR documents replicated to KNB need to be repaired by fixing their inline data.
- This bug is the section 4 of the ongoing concerns:
- 09:59 AM Bug #5534 (Resolved): Replication log somehow doesn't work.
- Metacat logged the some important replication information into the metacatreplication.log file which stays in the dir...
- 09:41 AM Bug #3296: Replication: Many EML documents fail to replicate
- Follow-up to the previous comment of 2008-06-05:
1. There are still 94 documents that fail to replicate. These are a...
- 07:14 AM Revision 6624 (metacat): Fix cast to List<Node> in isNodeAuthorized().
- 04:40 PM Revision 6623 (metacat): List the correct REST endpoints for replication in the documentation.
- 03:49 PM Revision 6622 (metacat): upgrade to 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT DataONE jars
- 01:59 PM Revision 6621 (metacat): check for blank key passwords
- 11:31 AM Revision 6620 (metacat): started replication unit test
- 10:36 AM Revision 6619 (metacat): Keep /dirtySystemMetadata as the REST endpoint for systemMetadataChanged() for now.
- 08:19 AM Bug #5533: Sanpark skin main page has login issue
- An additional message from judith:
I notice that when you login through the web page on firefox You get the me...
- 05:43 PM Bug #4356: knb website query result shows old version of a document
- Ben and I tested the updating and query on both forced replication and timed replication between two metacats. We cou...
- 04:07 PM Bug #4356: knb website query result shows old version of a document
- I used a morpho to create a eml document and insert it to metacat. Then i did a search and records was added to xml_q...
- 05:16 PM Revision 6618 (metacat): New D1 libraries, fix for MNode.isNodeAuthorized() and other exception handling.
- 05:03 PM Revision 6617 (metacat): MockCNode.getSystemMetadata() no longer throws InvalidRequest.
- 03:53 PM Revision 6616 (metacat): add note about alternative methods for getting cert/key
- 03:50 PM Revision 6615 (metacat): use prepared statement place holder (?)
- 02:31 PM Revision 6614 (metacat): use DateTimeMarshaller for all replication date transfers
- 12:31 PM Revision 6613 (metacat): print the stacktrace when there is an error -- debuggin!
- 11:50 AM Revision 6612 (metacat): remove catch blocks for unthrown exceptions
- 10:55 AM Revision 6611 (metacat): use SSL to get content from stream
- 10:52 AM Revision 6610 (metacat): Update methods in MNodeService to reflect they modifications of the MN API with regard to exceptions being raised. Largely removed InvalidRequest from a number of methods, and instead threw an appropriate NotFound or ServiceFailure instead.
- 10:01 AM Revision 6609 (metacat): D1NodeService get(), getSystemMetadata(), and isAuthorized() no longer throw InvalidRequest.
- 04:33 PM Bug #5533 (Resolved): Sanpark skin main page has login issue
- Hi Jing
Yes I see that it works on firefox the problem is that all our staff have to use IE So is there a way to f...
- 03:18 PM Bug #5532 (Resolved): Use strict build tag strategy for 2.0.0 release
- Currently Metacat relies on a number of external projects and repositories. We should take this opportunity to finali...
- 03:17 PM Revision 6608 (metacat): Add new D1 jars with 1.0.0 API additions (MNStorage.systemMetadataChanged()) and libclient fixes.
- 03:04 PM Revision 6607 (metacat): newer seek tag
- 02:45 PM Revision 6606 (metacat): uses prepared statement instead of plain old statement.
- deprecated the DBConnection.createStatement() method to discourage direct parameter value use in favor of parameter b...
- 02:35 PM Revision 6605 (metacat): Add a test for systemMetadataChanged. This should be fleshed out more so that the test uses a CN certificate.
- 02:21 PM Revision 6604 (metacat): Fix getReplica() handling code for getReplica() and systemMetadataChanged(). Calls to getReplica() in MNode were calling get(), so the lack of resource handling was being missed.
- 02:19 PM Revision 6603 (metacat): Handle multipart params where the libclient methods are using them.
- 12:32 PM Revision 6602 (metacat): uses prepared statement parameter binding for queries
- 10:26 AM Bug #5531 (Resolved): Remove/make optional the DataONE MN registration that occurs during Metacat configuration
- Right now when I [re]configure Metacat I hit the DataONE CN in an attempt to register myself as a MN. This should be ...
- 12:59 PM Revision 6601 (metacat): Add new D1 jars with the new MNStorage.systemMetadataChanged() additions.
- 12:55 PM Revision 6600 (metacat): Add in the systemMetadataChanged() method in MNodeService to respond to notifications. Only allow subjects from CNs listed in the node list to make the call. Update the local copy of the system metadata document for the given pid.
- 10:36 AM Revision 6599 (metacat): Include the serialVersion in the call to CN.setReplicationStatus() after replicating data.
- 10:10 PM Revision 6598 (metacat): correctly set the prepared statement parameters for start and end date
- 10:09 PM Revision 6597 (metacat): check object format id values since they are not Comparable objects
- 09:58 PM Revision 6596 (metacat): make MNodeServiceTest pass JUnit testing
- 08:40 PM Revision 6595 (metacat): http://bugzilla.ecoinformatics.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5527
- 08:08 PM Revision 6594 (metacat): Update CNodeService test to include serialVersion in it's calls as appropriate.
- 08:04 PM Revision 6593 (metacat): Update CNodeService to use the serialVersion parameter and compare it to the current serialVersion of the system metadata found in the hzSystemMetadata map. Throw an InvalidRequest exception if they are not equal. This affects updateReplicationMetadata(), setReplicationStatus(), setReplicationPolicy(), setAccessPolicy(), and setOwner().
- 08:00 PM Revision 6592 (metacat): Handle calls to CNReplication REST services. Modify handle() to field calls to /replicaPolicies, /replicaMetadata, /replicaAuthorizations, and /replicaNotifications. Add the isNodeAuthorized(), setReplicationPolicy(), setReplicationStatus(), and updateReplicationMetadata() methods to parse and pass multipart form data and params on to the CNodeService implementing class.
- The CNreplication additions also include support for the serialVersion parameter that was added to some of the API ca...
- 07:50 PM Revision 6591 (metacat): Add new d1_common jar with the API changes that add serialVersion parameters to CNAuthorization and CNReplication methods.
- 07:46 PM Revision 6590 (metacat): Add support for the various CNReplication calls. Add collectReplicationPolicy() to parse the policy out of the multipart form, and collectReplicaMetadata() to parse out the replica to be updated.
- 05:32 PM Revision 6589 (metacat): restore -- apparently this was used with reflection in a test...
- 09:20 AM Revision 6588 (metacat): change to 2.0.0 release
- 07:35 PM Revision 6587 (metacat): skip verification -- remaining TODO
- 07:08 PM Revision 6586 (metacat): verify certificate
- 06:41 PM Revision 6585 (metacat): inspect keystore entries for matching client certificate
- 05:27 PM Revision 6584 (metacat): lookup the correct property for keystore file
- 04:53 PM Revision 6583 (metacat): drop old identifier when upgrading from 1.9.5 to 2.0.0
- 03:23 PM Revision 6582 (metacat): use HttpClient to set up SSL connection when doing replication calls -- this will use the server's configured certificate as the client certificate on the request. The server it is calling can then inspect that certificate and decide whether or not it trusts the caller.
- 02:10 PM Bug #5499: citation format odd for metacat data sets
- added to EML project and updated the Metacat build to pull from that tagged style update.
- 01:57 PM Bug #5499: citation format odd for metacat data sets
- Close. All that needs to change is delete #3 -- if BOTH are provided, only list the individualName and omit the orga...
- 12:43 PM Bug #5499: citation format odd for metacat data sets
- After looking more closely at the code, I think we already have what you propose -- it just depends on the content of...
- 02:09 PM Revision 6581 (metacat): use EML style tag for: only show organization when the individual is omitted
- 01:34 PM Revision 6580 (metacat): newer d1 jar (for good measure)
- 01:33 PM Revision 6579 (metacat): check client-provided certificate when servicing ReplicationServlet requests.
- 11:54 AM Revision 6578 (metacat): Add updateReplicationMetadata() to the CN service implementation. This was missing from the API, and likely never called. It fully replaces the given replica item in the list of replicas in system metadata.
- 09:10 AM Revision 6577 (metacat): MN.setAccessPolicy() is deprecated, commenting out the test.
- 08:59 AM Revision 6576 (metacat): getReplica() should log replication events as DataONE Types.Event.replicate (vs 'getreplica')
- 08:54 AM Revision 6575 (metacat): Minor indentation cleanup.
- 06:48 AM Revision 6574 (metacat): Modify isAuthorized() to get the most up to date system metadata from the hzSystemMetadata map.
- 06:40 AM Revision 6573 (metacat): Add a placeholder setAccessPolicy() method in MNodeService that throws NotImplemented since this method is being deprecated. Note: need to confirm that this shouldn't be calling D1Client.getCN().setAccessPolicy().
- 06:37 AM Revision 6572 (metacat): Update getSystemMetadata() to lock(); get(); unlock() to ensure we have the latest version of system metadata from the hzSystemMetadata map. Remove the setAccessPolicy() method since it is being deprecated in the MNAuthorization API.
- change insertSystemMetadata() to use a finer grained Date object on insertion. Locking of the pid happens in the sub...
- 06:33 AM Revision 6571 (metacat): Add setAccessPolicy() to CNodeService since the CN should only make changes to access policies for objects registered with the D1 system. Increment the serial version after locling and getting the most up to fdate system metadata.
- Note: CCIT meeting decision says the serial version of the system metadata (during the change) should equal the curre...
- 05:21 PM Bug #2495: Charset bug: Internationalization
- Moving this to 2.0.0.
Also, I think relying on the XML-declared encoding is a much safer (easier) bet than inspectin...
- 05:13 PM Bug #5519: Replicated data files are 0 bytes
- After installing Metacat 1.9.5 on fred.msi.ucsb.edu I was able to see the failure point. It was something that I fixe...
- 04:37 PM Revision 6570 (metacat): In CNodeService, separate the CN.create() functionality from the MN.create() functionality while still using the superclass to call create(). Deal with Hazelcast locks and setting serial versions only in the CN implementation.
- 02:27 PM Bug #5530: Sanparks skin shows update and delete action when user public reads a FGDC package
- also see: http://bugzilla.ecoinformatics.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5394
- 02:21 PM Bug #5530 (Resolved): Sanparks skin shows update and delete action when user public reads a FGDC package
- Here is an email from Judith:
I have successfully uploaded a number of GIS layers What concerns me is
- 02:27 PM Bug #5394: FGDC interface does not correctly show controls and permission settings
- consolidating into one bug
- 02:18 PM Bug #5519: Replicated data files are 0 bytes
- There's no difference between 1.9.5 tag and trunk for the ReplicationService.handleGetDataFileRequest() method -- may...
- 02:06 PM Bug #5519: Replicated data files are 0 bytes
- Now with BOTH servers using Apache certificate/SSL mechanisms the replication is still successful.
- 01:25 PM Bug #5519: Replicated data files are 0 bytes
- Switching bespin.nceas.ucsb.edu to use Apache for the SSL handling still left the data replication working as expecte...
- 12:34 PM Bug #5519: Replicated data files are 0 bytes
- I set up one-way replication from bespin.nceas.ucsb.edu --> fred.msi.ucsb.edu.
Using the Tomcat-only certificate gene...
- 01:13 PM Revision 6569 (metacat): Change updateSystemMetadata() to evaluate the incoming system metadata serial version against that found in the hzSystemMetadata map. If they are the same, do the update. If not, throw an InvalidRequest explaining that they need the most current version.
- 08:40 AM Bug #5499: citation format odd for metacat data sets
- No, I don't think that's quite right. If a Creator contains an individualName, use that and not the organization. If ...
- 07:21 PM Revision 6568 (metacat): Modify CNodeService's registerSystemMetadata() with support for SystemMetadata's serialVersion field. Also, use the hzSystemMetadata map for all system metadata reads using a lock on the pid in order to get the very latest version. This affected isNodeAuthorized(), getChecksum(), and assertRelation(). Since we're using Hazelcast, exceptions are masked as RuntimeException, so throw a ServiceFailure with the underlying message.
- 09:46 PM Revision 6567 (metacat): Modify CNodeService's updateSystemMetadata(), setReplicationStatus(), setReplicationPolicy(), and setOwner() with support for SystemMetadata's serialVersion field. Other methods still pending an update. Use the hzSystemMetadata map for all system metadata reads using a lock on the pid in order to get the very latest version.
- 08:42 PM Revision 6566 (metacat): removing non-junit file from the test area
- 08:39 PM Revision 6565 (metacat): load hazelcast test files from the classpath rather than from rob's personal directory.
- 04:25 PM Bug #5499: citation format odd for metacat data sets
- Does there need to be an XSLT parameter that allows different skins to specify whether they want organizations treate...
- 04:21 PM Bug #5499: citation format odd for metacat data sets
- Okay, what's the final decision here?
We have givenName, surName and an organizationName. It sounds like the citatio...
- 04:05 PM Revision 6564 (metacat): SystemMetadataManager's functionality is handled by IdentifierManager. Removing it and it's test.
- 04:01 PM Revision 6563 (metacat): MetadataTypeRegister is now replaced by ObjectFormatService. Removing it and it's test.
- 02:48 PM Bug #5526 (Resolved): final test issue
- One final test, sorry for the spam.
- 02:46 PM Bug #5525: test issue again
- Test bug.
- 02:36 PM Bug #5525 (Resolved): test issue again
- Another test to be ignored.
- 02:36 PM Bug #5524: test issue
- Test bug. Closing.
- 02:34 PM Bug #5524 (Resolved): test issue
- Please ignore -- this is a test issue.
- 02:23 PM Bug #5522: download linked KNB data and convert links in EML to ORE packages
- Creation of SystemMetadata when no SystemMetadata is provided (i.e. any object creation not through the DataONE API) ...
- 02:06 PM Bug #5522 (New): download linked KNB data and convert links in EML to ORE packages
- The KNB data sets, and EML data in general, represent linkages to data as online/url linkages in EML documents. When...
- 02:16 PM Bug #5523 (Resolved): setting authoritative MN and rightsHolder for KNB data on conversion
- When EML and data in the NCEAS and LTER metacat is converted to use in the new KNB MN, we need to generate system me...
- 01:28 PM Bug #5515: change version to 2.0.0 in prep for release
- db version scripts and properties are updated to 2.0.0
- 01:23 PM Bug #3815: Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- I only see delNormalize() being called from the deleteData() function in register-dataset.cgi -- but perhaps similar ...
- 01:11 PM Bug #3815: Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- The specific example looks to have its origins in delNormalize (sic) within register-dataset.cgi -- the first regex o...
- 10:23 PM Bug #3815: Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- Using the Java MetacatClient API to insert a document with & also worked fine (no additional encoding of the & sy...
- 08:23 PM Bug #3815: Ampersand character not correctly encoded
- Using the dev skin to load an XML document with an ampersand encoded as: & kept the character intact. To me, this...
- 01:17 PM Bug #4907: Replication error stops insert/update of valid EML document
- Added clearer error handling when replication lock requests cannot be gotten
- 01:16 PM Revision 6562 (metacat): include clearer error message when UPDATE action is requested on a replicated document and we fail to successfully get a lock from the source Metacat server
- 01:01 PM Bug #4083: Metacat doesn't declare XML document encoding
- For incoming XML files, Metacat will inspect the encoding specified in the prolog and use that if found; defaulting t...
- 12:48 PM Bug #2236: metacat parser allows eml with missing content
- I tried inserting this document as is: it was fine because it validates against the 2.0.1 schema.
I tries modifying i...
- 07:41 PM Bug #5054: Unable to insert large EML documents and no error status returned
- On first inspection, it appears that the request is coming into Metacat with no parameters set when I use the dev ski...
- 07:00 PM Bug #5273: docs with inline-data allow invalid xml into metacat
- I tried this with the attached inline.xml file that has an invalid unescaped ampersand in the inline section -- Metac...
- 06:58 PM Bug #5273: docs with inline-data allow invalid xml into metacat
- This file uses unescaped ampersand (&) in the inline data section.
- 05:51 PM Revision 6561 (metacat): move the DataONE 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
- 04:33 PM Revision 6560 (metacat): correctly check for missing config values during geoserver configuration
- 04:05 PM Bug #5515: change version to 2.0.0 in prep for release
- updated docs and the source tree to use tomcat6 rather than tomcat5.5
- 04:05 PM Revision 6559 (metacat): call the web.xml tomcat6 not tomcat5
- 04:01 PM Revision 6558 (metacat): remove reference to tomcat5.5 in favor of tomcat6. including the "custom" start up script that used the sun jdk -- this can be configured rather than coded into the script.
- 03:59 PM Revision 6557 (metacat): correctly check for missing config values during geoserver configuration
- 03:45 PM Revision 6556 (metacat): remove reference to the "custom" /etc/init.d/tomcat6 script -- this should not be used since there are now better ways to customize the tomcat start up
- 03:27 PM Revision 6555 (metacat): use 2.0.0
- 03:21 PM Revision 6554 (metacat): -use 2.0.0 version
- -use tomcat6
-use /var/lib/tomcat6 as the example tomcat home directory
- 02:22 PM Revision 6553 (metacat): use 2.0.0 -- stub out the release notes
- 02:13 PM Revision 6552 (metacat): Configure and use CertificateManager in order to act as the MN when performing replicate() and getReplica() mthods.
- 01:30 PM Bug #3811: Spatial caches should be backed up and restored
- If someone wants to put the spatial cache in /var/metacat they will have to do it manually, then configure metacat (w...
- 01:01 PM Bug #2084: Pathquery support for temporal search on date fields
- Will exercise this during testing for release.
- 01:00 PM Revision 6551 (metacat): use logging, not system.out
- 12:40 PM Revision 6550 (metacat): change upgrade scripts/routines to use 2.0.0 version number instead of 1.10.0
- 11:35 AM Revision 6549 (metacat): make sure we close the prepared statement always
- 11:17 AM Revision 6548 (metacat): The incoming source node param is just a string, not XML, so don't attempt to deserialize it. Rather, just make a new NodeReference object and set it's value to the value of the incoming param.
- 08:58 AM Revision 6547 (metacat): include CILogon link and more explanation about what is going on with the mapping.
- 08:49 AM Revision 6546 (metacat): Change the version from 1.9.4 to 1.9.5.
- 06:59 PM Bug #5520 (Resolved): Create replication integration test suite
- Replication integration tests should include:
-force replication between two servers -- A, B (write, update, delete)...
- 06:31 PM Bug #5519 (Resolved): Replicated data files are 0 bytes
- We set up 2-way replication between PPBio and PELD (Brazilian Metacat instances) and have since seen that the replica...
- 04:30 PM Bug #2084: Pathquery support for temporal search on date fields
- This should be in 2.0.0 since it is already in the trunk. The upgrade script is the only thing I am worried about -- ...
- 04:11 PM Bug #5262: EML document owner can't read the document
- Probably solution is to use Java's canonicalization routines to normalize the DN, as Ben has done on the DataONE DNs....
- 03:59 PM Bug #5244: ldapweb.cgi shouldn't report ou=Account accounts since they're unusable
- Need to check with Shaun if this is actually fixed.
- 03:54 PM Bug #4651: data packages losing data tables (and then finding them again)
- Unable to replicate. Please reopen if more details emerge.
- 03:48 PM Bug #4442: Spatial indexing should not run and block metacat
- Related to bug #3811.
- 03:47 PM Bug #5518 (In Progress): Track down the performance issue of metacat query.
- Matt queried knb with the word "water". It took one minute and half. We need to figured out why it so slow.
- 03:46 PM Bug #3811: Spatial caches should be backed up and restored
- Decided that its best to move these files to /var/metacat by default.
- 03:44 PM Bug #5234: Replication -- user does not have permission to update access rule for data file
- In v1.9.5 we use a null replication user to perform replication (rather than the user_owner from the xml_documents ta...
- 03:17 PM Bug #4900: LDAP referral connection timeout
- Decided that #3 is not feasible since accounts may be in groups defined on various LDAP servers.
- 01:20 PM Bug #5517 (Resolved): mark EcoGrid and Servlet APIs as deprecated
- EcoGrid and Servlet APIs in metacat are being replaced (gradally) by the DataONE services. Mark these older APIs as ...
- 01:19 PM Bug #5516 (Resolved): continue updating user documentation
- Documentation needs editing to describe new 2.0.0 features, including support for new DataONE APIs, deprecation of ol...
- 01:15 PM Bug #5515 (Resolved): change version to 2.0.0 in prep for release
- To prepare for the release, change te version number to 2.0.0 for all documentation, including README, Sphinx docs, etc.
- 01:01 PM Bug #5288: Metacat got "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space" after new geoserver update
- Not sure if there is an action here. Maybe add this information to the Metacat documentation/faq?
- 12:47 PM Bug #4083: Metacat doesn't declare XML document encoding
- I think these encoding issues have been fixed by Ben in trunk, but we need to discuss it to see if anything further n...
- 12:38 PM Bug #1601: Metacat will add default value for optional parameter into eml 2 document
- Marking as complete, because the read problem is fixed based on now reading original from disk. The insert problem i...
- 12:34 PM Bug #4275: Earthgrid REST API Implementation
- Task now being handled via #5011 DataONE service API implementation. This original work on interfaces has been obsol...
- 12:17 PM Bug #5514: implement DataONE service API
- Duplicate bug to #5011.
- 12:15 PM Bug #5514 (Resolved): implement DataONE service API
- Support the new DataONE service API for interoperable data repositories:
- 12:10 PM Bug #5513 (Resolved): add support for DOI identifiers from EZID
- DOI identifiers can be created through the EZID service run by the California Digital Library. See:
- 11:08 AM Revision 6545 (metacat): correctly check that user is logged into metacat before proceeding
- 11:07 AM Revision 6544 (metacat): use null session for now
- 05:54 PM Revision 6543 (metacat): draft of legacy-to-d1 account mapping interface
Also available in: Atom