From 09/11/2004 to 10/10/2004
- 03:41 PM Bug #1711 (Resolved): apostrophe in text element causes xslt error
- a text element that contains an apostrophe causes metacat to throw an xslt
error. It says that the character 0x19 i...
- 04:49 PM Bug #1703 (Resolved): spatial search does not work
- the spatial bounding box search dialog in morpho does not return any results
even when it should.
Also: The lab...
- 01:13 PM Revision 2327 (metacat): Thanks Jing, Fixed those code comments.
- 12:02 PM Revision 2326 (metacat): Adde a function to the metacat client to set access on an xml document in a
- metacat repository.
- 12:27 PM Bug #1698 (Resolved): Secure replication method
- Curently, unsecured metacat replication action is easy to break the replication
setup. But it couldn't create a new ...
- 04:25 PM Bug #1658: tracking bug for 1.4.0 release
- All items complete. Version 1.4.0 of metacat is now complete, tested, and
released. It is tagged in CVS as METACAT_...
- 01:50 PM Revision 2324 (metacat): One last clarification to the install instructions regarding the sql scripts.
- 01:35 PM Revision 2323 (metacat): Modified build dist and distsrc targets to be sure the ant tokens are
- filtered correctly in the documentation, otherwise the CSS styles do not
show up properly.
- 01:02 PM Revision 2322 (metacat): Modified the build to be smarter about making sure that the EML schemas
- and styles are in place (so manually running 'geteml' should no longer
be needed), and renamed the 'loaddtdschemas' t...
- 11:39 PM Revision 2321 (metacat): Fixed some typos in the README, and rearranged a little.
- 11:26 PM Revision 2320 (metacat): Moved deletion of stylsheets from clean to fullclean target so that the
- styles will be guaranteed to be in place in the released version even after
a clean build.
- 11:13 PM Revision 2319 (metacat): Added classpath to javadoc call so that we avoid javadoc errors that
- complain about not being able to find the servlet classes.
- 11:06 PM Revision 2318 (metacat): Added dependency check for eml so that the schemas and dtds are not
- checked out of CVS if they already exist in the lib directory. This is
based on checking for the key schema or dtd f...
- 10:49 PM Revision 2317 (metacat): Added dependency check to see if the httpclient.jar and utilities.jar are
- already present in lib. If they are, building utilities is skipped. This
allows us to ship a distribution with just...
- 08:18 PM Bug #162: need harvest/batch load for metacat
- 04:11 PM Bug #1542: SQL Server support broken
Moving the target to version 1.5
- 03:49 PM Bug #1658: tracking bug for 1.4.0 release
- (1) is done for now -- its been reviewed and is reasonable accurate, but not
perfect. Needs another pass.
(2) is don...
- 03:42 AM Bug #1658: tracking bug for 1.4.0 release
- (3) is now complete -- indexing can be accomplished using the 'buildindex'
action by people in the 'adminsitrators' l...
- 03:46 PM Bug #162: need harvest/batch load for metacat
Closing as testing with postgres has been completed and harvester works with
both postgres and oracle.
- 03:45 PM Bug #305: create an ofa compliant oracle instance
- Moving to 1.5 because I don't want to make such a significant change immediately
before the KNB workshop demos.
- 03:38 PM Revision 2316 (metacat): Added sample eml 2.0.1 document for use in the tests.
- 03:36 PM Revision 2315 (metacat): Modified buildIndex() to now include an '@' sign in the path for ATTRIBUTE
- nodes. Removed a bunch of debugging information. Fixed the BuildIndexTest
so that it would work on any machine (rem...
- 01:17 PM Revision 2314 (metacat): Added code that changes the node column size
- 09:39 AM Bug #1297: Registry: Changes in the Basic Information
So, should we add middle name to the registry form?
- 03:55 AM Bug #1297: Registry: Changes in the Basic Information
- Given name should b repeated to accomodate multiple given names (a middle name
is simply a second given name).
- 09:38 AM Bug #1390: add UCNRS to the ldapweb.cgi management lists
This bug is fixed and done.
- 03:51 AM Bug #1390: add UCNRS to the ldapweb.cgi management lists
- I think this is now complete, and will be released with 1.4.0. Sid, can you
verify this and close the bug if true? ...
- 09:33 AM Bug #273: site deployment for metacat
- Metacat has been deployed at the LTER Network Office (LNO). To the best of my
knowledge, it has not been deployed at...
- 04:01 AM Bug #273: site deployment for metacat
- Duane -- this is overlapping with the previous bug -- can you close with a
resolution or update the status on this, o...
- 09:14 AM Bug #325: create site filters to convert site metadata to eml packages
- A number of metadata conversion applications were implemented by David
Blankman, with the help of two graduate stude...
- 03:53 AM Bug #325: create site filters to convert site metadata to eml packages
- Duane -- could you deal with this by either closing it if it is eing tracked
elsewhere or updating it with a plan. Th...
- 04:10 AM Bug #468: TLS between ldap server and metacat
- We need to implement TLS as soon as possible, as its a real problem we're
passing so many passwords around in clearte...
- 04:08 AM Bug #433: browse interface to metacat
- I began this work, and now have some XSLT stylesheets that allow you to browse
via keyword, organizaiton, and creator...
- 04:05 AM Bug #151: need doctype equivalence specification
- This is being addressed within the context of SEEK SMS and will not be addressed
directly in Metacat. Marking WONTFIX.
- 04:04 AM Bug #1310: Old ACLs are overwritten by registry
- Need to fix this for the next release (1.5).
- 03:59 AM Bug #1372: Registry: Reconfigure entryForm.tmpl
- Andrea is working on a new layout for this whole page, and removing all of the
hardcoded styles so that it fits into ...
- 03:58 AM Bug #1344: Cancel button on delete screen leads to a blank screen
- The cancel button on delete still leads to blank, but also after successful
delete the screen is blank. Retargeting ...
- 03:49 AM Bug #101: generate data set usage metadata/ provide access log
- The query/report functionality (1) is now complete. Use the 'getlog' servlet
action to get an XML report of the even...
- 03:38 AM Revision 2313 (metacat): New README in preparation for the 1.4.0 release, and updated the properties
- file with the new version number.
- 03:13 AM Revision 2312 (metacat): Added in servlet action 'buildindex' for building the XML_index table entries
- for either a set of documents (if one or more docid params are provided) or
for the whole set of documents in the xml...
- 03:01 AM Revision 2311 (metacat): Created a list of all of the servlet actions in the documentation and listed
- all reuired and optional parameters for each action. These need to be
documented but at least the list is all in one...
- 02:01 AM Revision 2310 (metacat): Added new sections to the Metacat documentation describing the Metacat
- client API and the Metacat 'getlog' servlet action for event reporting.
- 12:31 AM Revision 2309 (metacat): Updated metacat documentation with additional properties and fixed the
- description of several properties. We really need to clean out unused
properties and generally clean up the configur...
- 10:46 PM Revision 2308 (metacat): Added a property listing servlet administrators.
- 04:25 PM Revision 2307 (metacat): Changed DBSAXHandler.run() to now use the new DocumentImpl.buildIndex() method
- for populating the xml_index table. The new method uses a jdbc ResultSet
for populating the index rather than doing ...
- 03:10 PM Revision 2306 (metacat): Updated the build index test.
- 02:30 PM Revision 2305 (metacat): Compose the Metacat URL from the httpserver and the servletpath properties, replacing hard-coded references to servlet.
- 02:28 PM Revision 2304 (metacat): Send redirect to HarvesterRegistration, instead of using the full class name which works on Tomcat-only installations but not with Apache.
- 10:44 AM Bug #1047: Create triggers on LTER tables for ldap insert
- David completed these triggers in January, 2004.
This issue is local to the LTER Network Office. It involves updatin...
- 10:37 AM Bug #1046: LTER LDAP database coordination perl script changes
- Closing bug for reasons explained above. Previous attempt to close didn't work.
- 10:33 AM Bug #1046: LTER LDAP database coordination perl script changes
- Closing this bug. The ldapUpdate.pl Perl script was completed in January,
2004. It runs as a cron job, once every fi...
- 09:49 AM Revision 2303 (metacat): Change the date format to one that is standard on both Oracle and Postgres.
- 04:56 PM Bug #1142: Key issues between java 1.3 and java 1.4
Closing this bug as Duane entered the requirements into metacatinstall.html
- 03:00 PM Revision 2302 (metacat): Revisions to Metacat Installation Instructions page. Most of the edits in this revision involve the build.properties file. A new HTML table was created to describe the properties and their values.
- 11:10 AM Bug #188: provide a metacat client library with a standard API
Closing the bug. New bugs added covering tasks which were not done yet.
- 11:09 AM Bug #1693 (Closed): Metacat client library: Static Cookies
- The HttpMessage code uses static cookies. This is bad and should be changed.
(From bug# 188)
- 11:08 AM Bug #1692 (Resolved): Metacat client library: handle binary data and return strings for simpler interface
- Most of the APIs return Readers. In some cases we may also want InputStream
in order to deal with binary data (incl...
- 11:01 AM Bug #1691 (Closed): Metacat client library: use direct method calles for efficiency
- The current client uses HTTP. There may be clients that exist on the same
server for which we would want to use som...
- 08:48 AM Revision 2301 (metacat): Whitespace changes that fix a few formatting problems after Jing's commit.
- 08:42 AM Revision 2300 (metacat): Replace relative path to harvester registration login servlet with context path generated through ant build
- 08:39 AM Revision 2299 (metacat): Add properties and filters for harvester registration servlets
- 05:04 PM Revision 2298 (metacat): Add new feature that delete can be broadcasted by force replication.
- 04:40 PM Revision 2297 (metacat): The new buildIndex() function now can write allof the appropriate index paths to the database for any given document. Next need to create a function to rebuild on demand, and modify DBSAXHandler.run() to use the new buildIndex() function.
- 04:16 PM Revision 2296 (metacat): corrected wrong variable names in build file.
- 04:05 PM Revision 2295 (metacat): Added harvester servlets to the web.xml files.
- 01:32 PM Revision 2294 (metacat): Added test class for buildIndex() routine. Not completed yet.
- 12:08 PM Revision 2293 (metacat): Added changes to buildIndex() function. Now it is finding the right set of
- paths, just have to save these in a hash and then add them to the DB xml_index
- 11:15 AM Revision 2292 (metacat): changed function parameters in accordance with changes in PermissionController
- 11:13 AM Revision 2291 (metacat): Modified inline data permission handling, so that access rules for old version of inline data can be checked correctly.
- 11:09 AM Revision 2290 (metacat): Added a function which returns inline data id with out the revision number.
- 11:04 AM Revision 2289 (metacat): Changed error text that is returned when an invalid eml is inserted.
- 11:01 AM Revision 2288 (metacat): Added another test to check if access is checked when an old version of inline data is read using action=readinlinedata
- 09:15 AM Revision 2287 (metacat): Changed the ESA nad LTSS skins to display all data from the KNB at the request of
- OJ Reichman.
- 08:25 PM Revision 2286 (metacat): Add a code to load eml201 parser to fix the bug that couldn't generate access rule for eml201 doc.
- 08:24 PM Revision 2285 (metacat): Add a note that you should put full name as state name to generate a key. Otherwise, the trustkey will be not recongized.
- 04:25 PM Revision 2284 (metacat): Fixed some more bugs.
- 04:09 PM Revision 2283 (metacat): Added sql for counting packages.
- 02:47 PM Revision 2282 (metacat): fixed error in input param
- 02:17 PM Revision 2281 (metacat): Added code to send showWgList, showSiteList, showOrganization, lsite and usite for one tmpl to other.
- 02:00 PM Revision 2280 (metacat): Fixed a bug in creation of EML documents when coordinates from the site_list have to be used.
- 01:02 PM Revision 2279 (metacat): Added lines for updating xml_catalog in the upgrade script to point to the
- new schema locations.
- 11:02 AM Revision 2278 (metacat): Fixed error in handling of multiple additional metadata tags...
- 08:57 AM Revision 2277 (metacat): Updated build.xml to use new sql scripts.
- 08:56 AM Revision 2276 (metacat): New schema changes, including upgrade scripts. Includes renamed postgres
- 03:58 PM Bug #1658: tracking bug for 1.4.0 release
4) and 6) done.
Checked that 5) is done.
Working on 2.
- 03:57 PM Revision 2275 (metacat): Test added to insert eml 2.0.0 document and update it with eml 2.0.1 document.
- 03:39 PM Revision 2274 (metacat): Updates to the config for the esa skin, and added an LTSS skin.
- 03:24 PM Revision 2273 (metacat): removed errors being generated in handling of qformat when action=insert. If qformat is not specified, xml is assumed as default.
- 03:20 PM Bug #1295: Registry: Button texts are ambiguous and need to be changed.
Changing 'Submit Entry' to 'Submit Dataset'
Leaving Reset as it.
- 03:20 PM Revision 2272 (metacat): Changing 'Submit Entry' to 'Submit Dataset'
- 03:14 PM Bug #1671: editing registry entry deletes keywords
The bug came into picture, when no keyword type is suggested for a particular
keyword. This resulted in igno...
- 03:14 PM Revision 2271 (metacat): Fixed a bug in handling of associated parties.
- 02:56 PM Revision 2270 (metacat): Fixed the bug described in 1671. The bug came into picture, when no keyword type is suggested for a particular keyword. This resulted in ignoring of that row of data.
- 04:34 PM Bug #1142: Key issues between java 1.3 and java 1.4
- Lets reword that to say that j2sdk 1.4.2 or later is required. I think the
install instructions is the right place. ...
- 04:29 PM Bug #1142: Key issues between java 1.3 and java 1.4
For running metacat, now Java version 1.4 would be required. Hence this problem
should not occur.
But couldnt fin...
- 02:22 PM Bug #1680: New functions in Metacat Client API
Renaming as enhancement
- 02:14 PM Bug #1680: New functions in Metacat Client API
Added following functions to the MetacatClient
-> upload() - with file name
- 02:13 PM Bug #1680 (Resolved): New functions in Metacat Client API
- .. for read inline data and uploading data needed.
- 02:21 PM Bug #1682: Error in handling of docid formats
- 02:21 PM Bug #1682 (Resolved): Error in handling of docid formats
- Errors generated when insert, update and delete actions tried with docid
formats such as a.c.t.t.c.a.1.1
- 02:15 PM Bug #1681: Access not checked while file uploading
- 02:14 PM Bug #1681 (Resolved): Access not checked while file uploading
- When user with id X uploads data as act.1.1, another user with id Y can upload
act.1.2 without requiring access for...
- 02:10 PM Bug #1679: Random string entry in action=insert leads to hanging of code
- 02:10 PM Bug #1679 (Resolved): Random string entry in action=insert leads to hanging of code
- Input of following type, hangs metacat code
Also available in: Atom