From 05/15/2008 to 06/13/2008
- 11:17 AM Revision 4002 (metacat): cleaned up the upload functionality a bit.
- 10:51 AM Revision 4001 (metacat): changed message for successful upload, removed some clutter
- 10:33 AM Bug #3394: can't upload xml documents via multipart
- I added functionality to metacat to allow this. the new action is called "insertmultipart". I haven't made it work ...
- 03:19 PM Revision 4000 (metacat): replacing the file with files from before I messed up this directory
- 03:18 PM Revision 3999 (metacat): rebuilding the knb skin from before the time where I messed it up
- 03:06 PM Revision 3998 (metacat): putting the sms skin in the sms directory for real
- 02:47 PM Revision 3997 (metacat): removing some sms that somehow got in this dir
- 02:42 PM Revision 3996 (metacat): you can now upload xml documents with the sms skin
- 02:41 PM Revision 3995 (metacat): added support to upload an xml document using multipart encoding. the enables better support for web interfaces that wish to use multipart to upload xml documents. the action is 'insertmultipart'
- 01:03 PM Bug #3395 (Closed): allow private access via indexed "shortcut" url
- Currently you can read documents using the url http://server.com/metacat/metacat/docid.1.1. This only works for publ...
- 01:00 PM Bug #3394 (Resolved): can't upload xml documents via multipart
- You can only upload a binary file via the action=upload functionality. This should be changed to allow xml documents...
- 12:49 PM Revision 3994 (metacat): removing commits that I didn't mean to make
- 12:43 PM Revision 3993 (metacat): made it so that the error and success messages from a multipart upload can be transformed using xslt. also added upload functionality to the sms skin
- 10:35 AM Revision 3992 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Add a note there is no update sql needed to be run.
- 10:59 AM Bug #3021: ldapweb.cgi needs some usability improvements
- parts 1 & 2 of this problem solved, part 1 in a 1.8.1 fix and part two in the 1.9 Token_Replacement branch.
- 10:57 AM Revision 3989 (metacat): adding content to the skin and fixing some login errors
- 05:54 PM Revision 3988 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Add "cfg=default" into the link to create/reset/forget password ldap account.
- 04:25 PM Revision 3983 (metacat): got ajax calls working to do login/logout for the sms page
- 04:22 PM Revision 3982 (metacat): got ajax calls working to do login/logout for the sms page
- 02:06 PM Revision 3979 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Change CGI_PREFIX to CGI_URL
- 01:30 PM Revision 3977 (metacat): check into cvs headd. change skin from default to knb.
- 12:35 PM Revision 3975 (metacat): adding new skin for SEEK SMS.
- 11:34 AM Bug #3390: Data Catalog Map and IE 7.0.5730.11 brings up pop up windows that can be a problem
- Please note the Manage Add-ons window does not pop up in the process, but disabling the XML DOM Document 5.0 will bri...
- 11:29 AM Bug #3390: Data Catalog Map and IE 7.0.5730.11 brings up pop up windows that can be a problem
- Screen shot information for this bug
- 11:26 AM Bug #3390 (New): Data Catalog Map and IE 7.0.5730.11 brings up pop up windows that can be a problem
- Data Catalog Map and IE (Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11) brings up pop up windows that can be a problem. Most of them ...
- 11:05 AM Revision 3969 (metacat): do not include NCEAS projects in registry for saeon
- 11:04 AM Revision 3968 (metacat): uncomment the registry link in the header
- 10:39 AM Revision 3967 (metacat): increase the left nav once again (accommodate new SAEON nodes)
- 10:19 AM Bug #3389: FGDC files do not go to the most recent version when the version number is not included
- committed to both the 1.8.1 branch and HEAD
- 09:33 AM Bug #3389: FGDC files do not go to the most recent version when the version number is not included
- i've updated the fgdc style sheet such that the partial docid will display the datapackage download section
- 08:53 AM Bug #3389 (Resolved): FGDC files do not go to the most recent version when the version number is not included
- FGDC files do not go to the most recent version when the version number is not included. They also do not include the...
- 10:18 AM Revision 3966 (metacat): uncomment the registry link in the header
- 10:16 AM Revision 3965 (metacat): increase height of left nav for new SAEON nodes
- 09:56 AM Revision 3964 (metacat): use the docid from the metadata rather than the parameter when operating on the metadata document (in cases when the docid w/o revision is not given).
- see bug #3389
- 09:25 AM Revision 3960 (metacat): use starts-with function for cases when the abbreviated docid is used to retrieve the metadata
- see bug #3389
- 04:46 PM Bug #3368: security issue with skins
- Short solution for 1.8.1 release:
in registry_installtion.html, a paragraph was added to change the owner and access...
- 04:44 PM Revision 3956 (metacat): Add this file to cvs head.
- 04:43 PM Revision 3955 (metacat): Checked it into cvs head. Add a note to address the issue of replication.
- 03:58 PM Revision 3945 (metacat): adjust height to accommodate previous change:
- -add new SAEON nodes (requested by Judith)
- 01:24 PM Revision 3944 (metacat): add new SAEON nodes (requested by Judith)
- 12:02 PM Bug #3176: Verify existing token changes to skins
- Verified that all skins are working
- 11:59 AM Bug #3146: Include FGDC metadata in KNB and NCEAS skin search results
- closing after conference call for 1.8.1rc2
- 09:31 AM Bug #3384 (Resolved): Implement and test turnkey installation on windows
- Phase III of the turnkey installation project is the creation of turnkey installer for windows.
- 09:23 AM Bug #3383 (In Progress): Create RPM/Deb installation utilities
- Phase II of the turnkey installation project is the creation of an install utility for linux
- 09:21 AM Bug #3382 (Resolved): Update documentation for all 1.9 changes
- Update documentation including:
Release notes for 1.9
Online installation instructions
User/Dev help html pages
- 09:20 AM Bug #3381 (Resolved): Create unit test code for 1.9 additions
- Areas that need test code include (but are not limited to):
- 09:16 AM Bug #3380 (Resolved): Create LSID server installation
- Create the LSID server installation for 1.9. Need to decide whether that server will stay an ANT install for 1.9 or ...
- 09:06 AM Bug #3379 (Resolved): Test ecogrid in turnkey installation
- Make sure ecogrid works completely in turnkey installation.
- 09:04 AM Bug #3378 (Resolved): Test turnkey installation against Tomcat 6
- Make sure all code works against tomcat version 5 and 6.
- 09:02 AM Bug #3377 (Resolved): Create ANT install target for developers
- The ANT install targets will go away for 1.9 since the install will be handled by a utility that will drop a war file...
- 08:59 AM Bug #3376 (Resolved): Add DB upgrade/install functionality to java code
- Add the ability for db upgrade scripts to be run from within java. This will allow control of the db upgrade from wi...
- 08:55 AM Bug #3375 (Resolved): Create a sorted properties utility
- Create a class that will handle standard properties, but will maintain comments, spaces and property order.
- 08:53 AM Bug #3374 (Resolved): Add authentication for configuration utility
- The configuration utility should only be available via LDAP authentication of administrative users. The exception to...
- 08:50 AM Bug #3373 (Resolved): Create skin specific configuration utility
- Skins need to be configurable on an individual basis. The existing (new for 1.9) configuration utility needs to be m...
- 08:47 AM Bug #3372 (Resolved): Integrate perl token replacement changes into token_replacement branch
- Shaun made the perl token replacement changed for 1.9. These changes may affect the token replacement changes made i...
- 08:45 AM Bug #3371 (Resolved): Modify confguration utility in metacat
- To facilitate the turnkey installer, the internal metacat configuration utility that Matt J created must be upgraded.
- 08:41 AM Bug #3370 (Resolved): Merge token replacement code onto HEAD
- All 1.9 token replacement code has taken place on the token_replacement branch so far. Now that 1.8.1 has been relea...
- 12:44 PM Revision 3941 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Comment out an obsoleted code.
- 12:40 PM Bug #3352: User at referral ldap server couldn't login if another referral server is down
- This bug took a longer time than i thought to be fixed.
First I needed to installed two ldap servers and configured ...
- 07:08 PM Revision 3938 (metacat): Check into CVS head. Add code to handle that referral server is down.
- 04:26 PM Bug #3368 (Resolved): security issue with skins
- The Perl code uses configuration files to get required settings. These settings are currently being served up by Tomc...
- 01:46 PM Bug #3296: Replication: Many EML documents fail to replicate
- We have reduced the number of EML documents that fail to replicate from the original 1016 down to 94. This was accomp...
- 01:18 PM Bug #3367 (New): Harvester stores passwords in clear text
- The harvester stores the user's password in clear text in the database. Passwords need to be stored as md5s or use s...
- 03:45 PM Bug #3322: View interactive map Link at the bottom of the nrs and obfs does not work right
- This could be improved by only querying the skins data. However the drop down list helps to only query the sites that...
- 03:43 PM Bug #3322: View interactive map Link at the bottom of the nrs and obfs does not work right
- It looks like this is not a problem because the drop down list is specific for the skins.
- 03:37 PM Bug #3088: Inline Data does not work correctly without the <pre> tag
- This bug has been fixed and tested.
- 03:28 PM Bug #3360: Many LDAP users not showing up in 'getprincipals' search
- Short term solution has been done. Move to 1.9
- 11:44 AM Bug #3170: ESA path in the email that is sent out does not work correctly
- Added the document revision to link, now inserts updated documents correctly.
- 05:23 PM Bug #3170: ESA path in the email that is sent out does not work correctly
- *** Bug 3168 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- 05:18 PM Bug #3170: ESA path in the email that is sent out does not work correctly
- There is a problem with the ESA path in the email that is sent out on the ESA metacat. The path does not include the ...
- 05:03 PM Bug #3170: ESA path in the email that is sent out does not work correctly
- This is an example of an email that is sent from esa. When the link is used (with the user logged in on the browser) ...
- 11:43 AM Bug #3362: ESA path in data package acceptance email is incorrect
- Added server prefix token, fixed in CVS
- 05:26 PM Bug #3362 (Resolved): ESA path in data package acceptance email is incorrect
- ESA email from moderator when the data package is accepted does not have the correct path to the data package.
- 11:34 AM Revision 3934 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Make a minor change.
- 05:25 PM Revision 3930 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Change made base on Callie's suggestion.
- 05:23 PM Bug #3168: ESA problem with requesting revision
- Same as bug 3170
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 3170 ***
- 04:12 PM Bug #3360: Many LDAP users not showing up in 'getprincipals' search
- Yes, its ok to increase the number. Lets do this now (set it to 'unlimited') in order to fix the problem in the shor...
- 04:00 PM Bug #3360: Many LDAP users not showing up in 'getprincipals' search
- First, i thought it is a configuration in client side (metacat) of ldap. I tried to increase the count limitation:
- 03:27 PM Bug #3360: Many LDAP users not showing up in 'getprincipals' search
- looks like there is an upper limit on the number of entries LDAP will return - and we are exceeding it.
- 12:07 PM Bug #3360 (In Progress): Many LDAP users not showing up in 'getprincipals' search
- All the new FIRST advisory committee members (o=unaffiliated) are not showing up even though they have been included ...
- 03:50 PM Revision 3928 (metacat): use the first (0) column as the index for questionId when selecting only a subset of the assessment data
- 09:26 AM Bug #3241: Update older invalidated eml201 document in Metacat
- There is the possibility of older documents with illegal eml trying to be saved to Metacat. If these older versions ...
- 05:19 PM Revision 3927 (metacat): add handling for qti metadata in resultset view
- 04:37 PM Bug #3354: The online form has problems with editing and maintaining the email address.
- Fixed in 188.8.131.52 revision of register-dataset.cgi.
- 02:38 PM Bug #3354 (Resolved): The online form has problems with editing and maintaining the email address.
- The online form has problems with editing and maintaining the email address. When a data set is submitted and then an...
- 04:18 PM Revision 3925 (metacat): Checkinto cvs head. Add a paragraph to describe what we will do for illegitimate eml 201 schema.
- 01:04 PM Bug #2176: Moderator UI and functionality for ESA
- Here is the error that show up on the current production server 1.8.0 when using the email link after logging in.
- 12:37 PM Bug #2176: Moderator UI and functionality for ESA
- When checking ESA mail response for Metacat release I notice that the email path has problems on the revise document....
- 09:34 AM Bug #3352 (Resolved): User at referral ldap server couldn't login if another referral server is down
- Chris reported that the user at PISCO ldap server couldn't login when a referral server, LTER , is down. We fixed a b...
- 04:44 PM Bug #3319: Edit feature doesn't work on documents with uneditable fields
- Confirmed that multiple keywords did not work. Fixed in latest revision, the only form element which is in the regis...
- 03:55 PM Bug #3319: Edit feature doesn't work on documents with uneditable fields
- The edit feature does not work when keywords are added to the online form. After saving a data package using the onli...
- 04:43 PM Revision 3922 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Remove "nodedata='document'" in xml_nodes and xml_nodes_revisions deleting query.
- 03:34 PM Revision 3918 (metacat): adjust xpaths to match changes to edml/qti output by FirstMorpho
- 06:18 PM Revision 3917 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Modify the query of deleting xml_nodes_revisions table.
- 04:54 PM Revision 3915 (metacat): Merging Perl changes into detokenization branch. Removes usage of tokens from all Perl and Perl Template Toolkit files, instead using pure Java .property files to manage settings. Basic path for eliminating .cfg files from Perl, and skin.config files from Java side. Backported changes from 1.8.1RC1 release.
- 02:36 PM Bug #3331 (New): ldap redirect does not work correctly if one of the ldap servers are down
- When one of the ldap servers are down the ldap redirect does not work correctly. One example is when a ldap account i...
- 11:15 AM Bug #2797: Character set (charset) problem when filling out form
- Callie. Yeah, it is known that the morpho has problem to handle special character. This is not metacat bug. It is mor...
- 11:04 AM Bug #2797: Character set (charset) problem when filling out form
- Generally this is working much better. However, today I tried pasting special characters and quotes using from Word a...
- 10:13 AM Bug #3322 (Resolved): View interactive map Link at the bottom of the nrs and obfs does not work right
- This feature does not work on the test server. On the production server it searches all of the knb data sets. I think...
- 05:48 PM Revision 3914 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Change version to 1.8.1
- 05:11 PM Revision 3912 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Change the startup information from 1.8.0 to 1.8.1.
- 05:07 PM Revision 3909 (metacat): checked into cvs head: replace eml-201-tag to eml-201-style-tag in getConversionalXSL.
- 05:02 PM Bug #2644: The edit feature in the NCEAS Data Repoistory does not work
- The crashing forms and keywords are fixed, the larger issues have been pushed into #3319. This is sufficiently fixed...
- 05:00 PM Bug #3319 (Resolved): Edit feature doesn't work on documents with uneditable fields
- Continuation of the problem mentioned in #2644: Documents uploaded through Morpho can't be edited through the web for...
- 01:13 PM Bug #3218: nceas skin front page has font size differences
- Fixed for 1.8.1 release, added single CSS class for td elements on index page.
- 01:13 PM Bug #3218: nceas skin front page has font size differences
- Fixed for 1.8.1 release, added single CSS class for td elements on index page.
- 11:37 AM Bug #3014: Expose permission options for registry uploads
- 04:22 PM Revision 3904 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Add a debug statement for printing out eml document
- 02:19 PM Bug #2564: escaped "less than" in inlinedata causes invalid eml output
- Here is some thought from Duane:
Thanks for looking into this further. This seems like a complex problem.
- 01:45 PM Bug #2564: escaped "less than" in inlinedata causes invalid eml output
- I inserted an eml document into metacat and here is the content before
xerces parsing it:
- 12:55 PM Bug #3176: Verify existing token changes to skins
- ESA site does not work correctly
The Moderator feature does not work the same as the production one. It is also very...
- 10:24 AM Task #3306 (Closed): NCEAS skin account creation needs more thought
- After creating an unaffiliated account on the NCEAS skin "Create a new account" link you get the message below. It do...
- 09:04 AM Bug #3296: Replication: Many EML documents fail to replicate
- Of the 1016 EML documents that fail to replicate from LNO to KNB, we identified 611 that are directly related to lite...
- 10:45 AM Bug #3304: Replication: Timed replication failures occur twice instead of once
- The bug was fixed.
The problem is in ReplicationHanlder.update() method.
Before,the code looks like:
- 05:09 PM Bug #3304: Replication: Timed replication failures occur twice instead of once
- *** Bug 3303 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- 06:46 PM Revision 3898 (metacat): Check into cvs head. In handle replication list method, parser will be intialized every time when it handles a list from another server.
- 06:45 PM Revision 3897 (metacat): Check into head. Add a new method to get server name.
- 05:32 PM Bug #3176: Verify existing token changes to skins
- I think the reason is we didn't put the password into the .cfg files. Now I put them into esa.cfg and nrs.cfg.
- 05:09 PM Bug #3303: In KNB server, metacat request two times replication if first replication failed.
- It is duplicated one of 3304.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 3304 ***
- 03:49 PM Bug #3176: Verify existing token changes to skins
- The login and form submission parts of the ESA, NRS, and OBFS are not working correctly. After submitting a form on t...
- 02:28 PM Bug #3304 (Resolved): Replication: Timed replication failures occur twice instead of once
- This bug was first described in #3296, however I am opening a separate bug report for it because #3296 is more specif...
- 02:27 PM Bug #3303 (Resolved): In KNB server, metacat request two times replication if first replication failed.
- This is a subset of bug 3296.
Here is the description copied from there:
A secondary bug seems to be that each of t...
- 09:34 AM Bug #3259: Add fields used in Morpho search to the default indexPaths property
- these have been added to the build.properties file in the 1.8.1 branch
- 08:50 AM Revision 3881 (metacat): Added missing "/" from ascii-treeview.xsl path so documents can be viewed in treeview. (Ticket 3176)
- 08:44 AM Revision 3880 (metacat): remove extra "/" from config-dir path (ticket 3176)
- 03:35 PM Bug #3296: Replication: Many EML documents fail to replicate
- Some additional analysis of the replication errors:
A total of 1016 EML documents fail to replicate from LNO to KNB....
- 11:22 AM Revision 3879 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Modify some query string.
- 09:18 AM Bug #3176: Verify existing token changes to skins
- callie: ldapweb.cgi wasn't installed in dev. I just intsalled it.
However, when i click the the link, there is still...
- 08:44 AM Bug #3176: Verify existing token changes to skins
- login feature for nrs, esa, obfs has header problem with the create a new password, and reset password sections.
- 06:30 PM Revision 3877 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Remove the double quotes in muser, mpassword and et al.
- 06:25 PM Revision 3875 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Add initialize option statment at the beginging of the class.
- 05:43 PM Revision 3873 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Add the statement to initialize option.
- 05:13 PM Revision 3870 (metacat): Check into cvs head. Move the initialize option statement to the begining of class.
- 04:59 PM Revision 3868 (metacat): Checkinto cvs head.Move the initialize option statement to the begining of class, since user name is using getting option.
- 11:04 AM Bug #3176: Verify existing token changes to skins
- Looks like the register-dataset part needs looking at too. From the nrs skin a clicked on register data set after log...
- 10:04 AM Bug #3176: Verify existing token changes to skins
- obfs, nrs, esa skin have problems with displaying the header, the South African skins need to be checked too.
Also available in: Atom