From 08/22/2010 to 09/20/2010
- 11:18 PM Bug #5084: Allow test releases in the same location as actual releases.
- I have added new functionality to the module manager and the build to allow test release to be hidden by default, but...
- 10:04 PM Bug #5179: determine if ptolemy 8.0.0 is the desired version for kepler 2.1.0 release
- There are quite a few other memory leaks in Kepler and reporting suite (not in Ptolemy). My target is to fix them in ...
- 06:47 PM Bug #5179: determine if ptolemy 8.0.0 is the desired version for kepler 2.1.0 release
- Jianwu's made a few memory fixes already, but I believe he said he only wants to include them in 2.1 once he's done w...
- 06:17 PM Bug #5179: determine if ptolemy 8.0.0 is the desired version for kepler 2.1.0 release
- Here's one change that should possibly go in to Kepler 2.1:
Jianwu's memory leak fix to
- 07:02 PM Bug #5165: implement a GUI Save action for KARs
- Should be done in r25783, just needs more testing.
- 06:14 PM Bug #5187 (New): GUI should make apparent unsaved changes
- When you modify a document in most applications, on Mac, the red close button changes to have a dot in its center, de...
- 05:29 PM Bug #5180: Add a new Export File menu option that does a Save As (model xml)
- Done. You need to delete KeplerData/modules/gui/configuration/uiMenuMappings_en_US.xml if you have one. I believe tag...
- 05:10 PM Bug #5186: Publish example KARs to repository
- Removed the 2 kars.
Changing title, we just need to publish example kars now.
- 04:53 PM Bug #5185: common ontology_catalog.xml get modified
- Here's an example of a modified common-2.1/configs/ptolemy/configs/kepler/ontologies/ontology_catalog.xml
- 02:01 PM Bug #5185 (Resolved): common ontology_catalog.xml get modified
- Sometimes kepler modifies ontology_catalog.xml file in the common module. This shouldn't happen.
- 04:39 PM Bug #5184: sanity check(s) when attempting to open owl file
- As requested, stack trace:
[run] Ran additional initialization for module reporting from class org.kepler.module.re...
- 01:59 PM Bug #5184 (Resolved): sanity check(s) when attempting to open owl file
- Intermittently on startup I get an error dialog, where tagging (or something) attempts to open an ontology file from ...
- 02:55 PM Bug #5158: remaining provenance issues for 2.1 release
- Retargeting, Dan did what needed doing for 2.1.
- 02:10 PM Bug #5186 (Resolved): Publish example KARs to repository
- The two KARs on the kepler library were published inadvertently, and may and should be removed, because they are not ...
- 01:52 PM Bug #5183 (Resolved): Fix 6-WebServicesAndDataTransformation.xml
- This work isn't working. Jianwu reports it's because a web service is down. We should fix or remove this getting-star...
- 01:46 PM Bug #5182 (Resolved): documentation needs updating for 2.1
- All the docs need reading and updating for 2.1.
Screenshots showing the old File menu will have to be updated when i...
- 01:42 PM Bug #5181 (Resolved): welcome window shows wrong version number
- Christopher reports the welcome window shows the wrong version number in 2.1.
- 01:35 PM Bug #5180 (Resolved): Add a new Export File menu option that does a Save As (model xml)
- After discussion with Christopher: add a File menu Export option that does what the old Save As used to do, a save as...
- 01:31 PM Bug #5179 (Resolved): determine if ptolemy 8.0.0 is the desired version for kepler 2.1.0 release
- Christopher wants to check if there have been any critical fixes in ptolemy since kepler 2.0.0 was released, to see i...
- 01:27 PM Bug #5178 (Resolved): Documentation links are broken in help doc-index.html
- Beneath Help=> Kepler Documentation
the documentation links in the Local Copy column are broken in the 2.1 release.
- 01:20 PM Bug #5165: implement a GUI Save action for KARs
- Retargeting to 2.1 after discussion w/ Christopher.
- 11:57 PM Bug #5161: can't always use Module Manager to change to an older patch of a suite
- I have actually decided to address this problem with a new feature. Now the user, in addition to selecting a particul...
- 05:46 PM Bug #5145: kepler library skin is mostly broken
- The new kepler library server is up and the bug was closed. We also open a new bug 5177 for the enhancement of workfo...
- 05:43 PM Bug #5177 (New): Enhance displaying workflow in kepler server library skin
- This bug is the secondary stag of bug 5145.
Here are from matt:
If you are in the process of revamping this sty...
- 11:15 AM Bug #5146: modifying and saving the composite sinewave actor fails
- I played with Sinewave actor and noticed exactly same behavior as described. When I tried to change annotation, chang...
- 12:14 PM Bug #5175 (New): Fix remaining issues with exporting multiple runs into one KAR
- In 2.1, opening a KAR that contains two workflows and report layouts won't necessarily open the report layouts.
- 09:47 PM Bug #5074: Fix the release process so modules can be released from Windows machines.
- Fixed by detecting when the OS is Windows and reporting to the user the location to import to manually. The problem w...
- 02:02 AM Bug #5125: Add feature to do a one-step revert of a botched update from outside of Kepler
- Rollback functionality has now been implemented.
- 04:34 PM Bug #5174: Reduce the number of modules in Kepler CORE.
- My theory about the number of modules is that tool developers want
to have many modules because they see all the comb...
- 04:26 PM Bug #5174 (Resolved): Reduce the number of modules in Kepler CORE.
- The number of modules in Kepler is a little bit overwhelming. If the user was required to specify modules.txt manuall...
- 04:24 PM Bug #5173 (New): Develop clear criteria for when code in Kepler CORE should be in its own module.
- As of now, we have broken up Kepler into a number of modules. But this breaking up of Kepler has been ad hoc and not ...
- 04:15 PM Bug #5172 (Resolved): Exceptions are sometimes thrown during sensor workflow run
- When running a sensor workflow (importing the localhost sensor simulator site), I will intermittently encounter one o...
- 03:25 PM Bug #5157: Devise approach for when patching should occur when changes occur via the module-manager.
- I think our current approach is adequate. The assumption is that when a user selects a patch, they are interested in ...
- 09:35 AM Bug #5122: Develop an approval process for patches
- What are we doing with respect to this item? Are we going to develop a more formal process?
- 09:18 AM Bug #5125: Add feature to do a one-step revert of a botched update from outside of Kepler
- This sounds interesting. That there are two different bugs that might be solved by a "rollback" feature makes me wond...
- 09:10 AM Bug #5161: can't always use Module Manager to change to an older patch of a suite
- This is an interesting point.
The issue is this. If you a suite references ^ at the end, it means, use the latest av...
- 10:15 PM Bug #5073: In module manager, display the current suite name as well as a fully resolved list of modules.
- 06:42 PM Bug #5033: Workflow Run Manager - Allow multiple instances of WRM in one Kepler instance
- Currently, in the WRMM a WRM may be shared among X windows (the identifier i'm using for a window is a tableauFrame)....
- 04:39 PM Bug #5164: Don't show Workflow Run Manager and tag workflow drop-down list on Schedule tab of Workflow Scheduler view
- We also don't want to show the "Tag workflow" drop-down list on Schedule tab. We do want it to show on the Server Rep...
- 12:54 PM Bug #5171 (New): link workflow in components tree to workflow in scheduler view
- Once a workflow has been uploaded to a repository, a user might want to schedule it for execution. To make this proce...
- 12:48 PM Bug #5170 (New): uploading a workflow requires a refresh
- When a workflow is uploaded to a remote repository, the component tree must be searched again before the workflow app...
- 12:46 PM Bug #5169 (Resolved): select more than one remote repository
- The Component Preferences tab only allows a single remote repository to be selected at a time. By selecting more than...
- 12:40 PM Bug #5045: Add a menu to add and configure new remote kepler servers
- The workflow scheduler servers in Figs 6 & 7 are the same as the "remote repositories" that can be selected in the ex...
- 03:15 PM Bug #5168: 'ant change-to' fails at r25610
- 09:49 AM Bug #5168 (Resolved): 'ant change-to' fails at r25610
- # ant change-to -Dsuite=kepler
[change-to] Retrieving modules....
- 01:18 AM Bug #5167 (Resolved): Fix bug so that the correct modules.txt is always used.
- Now that there are two modules.txt, there are situations where the incorrect modules.txt is sometimes used.
- 01:16 AM Bug #5166 (Resolved): Patch Kepler 2.0.0 so that the module manager can switch from Kepler-2.2.0 to Kepler-2.0.0 or Kepler-2.0.1
- The issue here are that the significant changes to the build system have changed the way the module manager works. Th...
- 01:02 AM Bug #5065: In shared or administrative installations, the ability to store modules.txt and extra modules locally. This way, the module manager will work smoothly on Windows without having to run as an administrator.
- I have finally implemented a variation on solution (5). Basically, when a flag is present (.utilize.user.kepler.modul...
- 05:55 PM Bug #4801: out of memory
- I changed several hashmap/hashtable/vector variables in some static classes, one static hashmap variable in a normal ...
- 01:16 PM Bug #5045: Add a menu to add and configure new remote kepler servers
- I'm going to start working on this, under the assumption we still want a new tab in Preferences where a user can add,...
- 06:23 PM Bug #5165 (Resolved): implement a GUI Save action for KARs
- Currently in the GUI we really only have a 'save as...' type action for saving KARs (currently called "Save Archive (...
- 05:10 PM Bug #5164 (Resolved): Don't show Workflow Run Manager and tag workflow drop-down list on Schedule tab of Workflow Scheduler view
- We decided it would be confusing to show the WRM on the Schedule tab of the Workflow Scheduler View, but we do want i...
- 06:13 PM Bug #5050: Automatically filter workflow run manager runs based on selected workflow
- Locally I've added code for doing this, invoked by WorkflowRunManager.programticFilter(Map<String, String>columnsAndF...
- 03:24 PM Bug #4801: out of memory
- More analysis shows that one reason for the adding memory is because some singleton classes do not release correspond...
- 05:18 PM Bug #4801: out of memory
- I uploaded the allocation call tree view at JProfiler after opening a workflow and closing it. Any suggestions on the...
- 02:41 PM Bug #5163 (New): Items of Interest pane in reporting cannot be used when a sensor site is executing
- 1) Import a SPAN sensor site.
2) Run the site.
3) Go to reporting and try to expand a canvas component to find a le...
- 10:30 AM Bug #5162: Kepler quits with JVM error (no use-case for reproducing error)
- What version of Kepler was this error observed under? Was it an installation, or a development checkout? What modules...
- 01:49 AM Bug #5162 (New): Kepler quits with JVM error (no use-case for reproducing error)
- From time to time, Kepler finishes it's execution (when closed through File-> Exit).
Following error occurs (it mi...
- 04:51 PM Bug #4801: out of memory
- Hi Christopher, thanks for your info.
To demonstrate whether the memory increase is because of the kar file opening...
- 03:24 PM Bug #4801: out of memory
- Below is some email about a leak worth looking in to.
Thanks for pointing this out as this is very timely ...
- 02:18 PM Bug #4801: out of memory
- Madhu and I tried these workflows for a while and found that the memory usage goes up for opening and closing one wor...
- 03:26 PM Bug #5129: adding and removing configuration properties could be made easier
- If a new release of a module contains new properties in one of its configuration files, these updates will not appear...
- 05:03 PM Bug #5099: Import Dependent Modules for KAR doesn't work
- 04:27 PM Bug #5161 (Resolved): can't always use Module Manager to change to an older patch of a suite
- If a module is published
and a patched version of this module is published
and the user has downloaded both
- 12:36 PM Bug #5160: problem changing suites using Module Manager
- The problem was that Module Manager's AvailableModulesPanel was deleting the new current-suite.txt file, but not rewr...
- 12:22 AM Bug #5160: problem changing suites using Module Manager
- I am unable to reproduce this problem. In fact, I was able to change from reporting-2.1.0 to workflow-run-manager-2.1...
- 04:44 PM Bug #5160 (Resolved): problem changing suites using Module Manager
- In the test releases area, I've published all 2.1.0 modules.
If I launch kepler (configured to look at the test-are...
- 12:50 PM Bug #5158: remaining provenance issues for 2.1 release
- As requested I've posted a description on the wiki describing these issues:
Also available in: Atom