From 08/29/2002 to 09/27/2002
- 03:39 PM Bug #595: DescriptorType
- Changed type of descriptor's name attribute from xs:string to DescriptorType
- 03:28 PM Bug #595: DescriptorType
- The DescriptorType represents a suggested list for descriptor or theme systems.
It should, I am pretty sure, be the t...
- 12:25 PM Bug #602: eml-physical
- I'm attaching eml-physical.xsd instead of sending in to eml-dev
- 12:23 PM Bug #602 (Resolved): eml-physical
- Matt Jones pointed out that asciiFixed and asciiDelimited should
be changed to less misleading name like textFixed ...
- 04:44 PM Bug #600: eml-storedProcedure - problems & proposal
- Peter McCartney & I discussed the storedProcedure module. We both agreed that
the current structure is inadequate. Th...
- 12:10 PM Bug #600: eml-storedProcedure - problems & proposal
- This is a proposed replacement for the storedProcedure schema.
- 12:08 PM Bug #600 (Resolved): eml-storedProcedure - problems & proposal
- As I began documenting storedProcedure it seemed to me that it is not
appropriately modeled. In eml-view, there is "...
- 03:21 PM Bug #601: element names in spatial modules do not follow guidelines
- there are also element names that are names like they are types (for instance,
MapProjection in spatial reference). ...
- 02:32 PM Bug #601 (Resolved): element names in spatial modules do not follow guidelines
- A bunch of the element names in the spatial modules have underscores in them
instead of using camelCaps (for instanc...
- 11:14 AM Bug #599: storageType is repeatable in eml-attribute
- This is completely intentional. As storageType is just a hint as to what a
particular system might use to represent ...
- 09:22 AM Bug #599 (Resolved): storageType is repeatable in eml-attribute
- This doesnt seem right.
- 09:36 AM Bug #598: literature namespace references are inconsistent
- changed lit: namespace references to cit: references in eml-physical and
eml-attribute to make these modules consiste...
- 07:28 AM Bug #598 (Resolved): literature namespace references are inconsistent
- need to change the namespace prefixes for literature. some of them are cit
and others are lit.
- 10:01 AM Bug #597 (Resolved): In eml-dataTable caseSensitive and orientation are modeled differently
- In eml-dataTable caseSensitive and orientation are modeled differently.
Orientation has an attribute of columnOrR...
- 04:52 PM Bug #596 (Resolved): Proposal: make attribute optional in OtherEntityType.
- While in the process of documenting eml-entity, I was struck by the fact that
attributeList is required for otherEnt...
- 12:18 PM Bug #595 (Resolved): DescriptorType
- eml-project.xsd has a DescriptorType. Since it is not (?) used anywhere in
this file, I'm guessing it's not used i...
- 11:51 AM Bug #594 (Resolved): change cardinality for designDescription and studyAreaDescription
- In researchProject, it is apparently possible to create any number of
designDescriptions, each of which contain any...
- 10:28 AM Bug #592: validation error with xs:anyType
- same error occurs in the inline element in physicalDistributionType
reccomended fix is to define the inline element ...
- 10:21 AM Bug #592 (Resolved): validation error with xs:anyType
- XML Spy is raising an error in eml-resource in the inline element
"undefined value for type encountered"
- 09:47 AM Bug #568: accomodation of stateful connection information.
- I still think there is some gratuitous complexity here regarding references
i dont see why we would want to enable ...
- 07:46 AM Bug #471: eml spec overview document
- I've got David scheduled to work on this and I would like to work on it as well
- perhaps we could chat and divy up ...
- 12:15 AM Bug #471: eml spec overview document
- Moving the spec document milestone to the 2.0.0 release. There are a number of
structural changes that need to be ma...
- 12:34 PM Bug #471: eml spec overview document
- Much progress made, but revisions still required for EML 2.0.0. Changing milestone.
- 04:01 PM Bug #584: RC1 release preparation tasks
- All release prep tasks completed. Ready to build the RC1 release. FIXED.
- 01:01 AM Bug #584: RC1 release preparation tasks
- OK, finished the release task items 1, 2, 3, and 4 in this bug, so the
documentation is largely complete.
- 03:54 PM Bug #586: resolve validation problem with missing keys
- Actually, the crux of the issue still remains in that xerces seems to be
properly throwing an error if elements that ...
- 07:23 AM Bug #586: resolve validation problem with missing keys
- Alas, all is not lost! Matt and I spent a bunch of time yesterday tracking down
exactly what was going wrong with th...
- 05:59 AM Bug #586: resolve validation problem with missing keys
- Now I'm scared. I've been largely ignoring the identifier discussion, probably
because I thought they wouldn't affe...
- 03:51 PM Bug #484: eml-attribute changes needed
- 03:49 PM Bug #589: eml-coverage: convert element references to types by defining complex types
- Will handle in next release.
- 08:59 AM Bug #589 (Resolved): eml-coverage: convert element references to types by defining complex types
- 1) The rest of the eml modules use complex types rather than references to
create reusable content. coverage needs ...
- 03:45 PM Bug #495: create FAQ for EML
- Completed for RC1 release. Reviewed and revised by jones and berkley. Ready to
ship. Thanks James. FIXED.
- 10:21 AM Bug #567: create a sample EML2.0 instance document
- I added a very simple eml instance document. It could be made more complex in
the future if need be.
- 01:10 AM Bug #588: Remove lineage tags in documentation stylesheets
- OK, lineage was removed from the stylesheet so it no longer shows up in the docs
even though the tag is still in the ...
- 04:22 PM Bug #588: Remove lineage tags in documentation stylesheets
- I say leave it in for now, but supress it in the style sheets. I think it
could have value in the long run if it's d...
- 03:42 PM Bug #588 (Resolved): Remove lineage tags in documentation stylesheets
- There are many incorrect lineage references. In discussions with Matt we
concluded that rather than spending time tr...
- 04:19 PM Bug #586: resolve validation problem with missing keys
- needless to say, im one of the ones that is not wild about id's being
required. when we agreed on the identifier/ref...
- 01:51 PM Bug #249: Update XSLT stylesheets for EML 2.0 modules
- Moving to new milestone for 2.0.0 release. The stylesheets aren't strictly
required for a 2.0.0 release, but they wo...
- 01:49 PM Bug #477: referencing complex types is not done consistently
- Looking over the schemas, all of these seem to have been fixed now. Marking as
- 01:47 PM Bug #485: eml-physical changes needed
- Distribution has now been changed in resource and physical. They are
essentially the same now (both include an inlin...
- 01:43 PM Bug #491: eml-coverage changes needed
- Fixed citation imports so that they now use "cit"CitationType" instead of
incorrectly importing the "cit:citation" el...
- 01:28 PM Bug #568: accomodation of stateful connection information.
- FIXED. Changes checked into CVS. Although this solution using a "connection"
element is more powerful than a plain ...
- 03:27 PM Bug #544: issues about storageType and attributeDomain
- made the default of unit "undefined". made attributeDomain optional but I put
in the docs that if the element is omi...
- 02:57 PM Bug #544: issues about storageType and attributeDomain
- Chad -- can you handle these fixes for this bug? You're pretty familiar with
the issues and the proposed solution, a...
- 12:23 PM Bug #586: resolve validation problem with missing keys
- I think the solution you propose sounds simple enough. I don't see required id
fields as being a big issue, although...
- 11:51 AM Bug #586: resolve validation problem with missing keys
- OK, here's the deal as far as I can tell with the key validity problems. These
surfaced when we upgraded Xerces, whic...
- 09:40 AM Bug #568: accomodation of stateful connection information.
- Im happy with the connection/connectionDef solution, especially if it can be
simplified as ive suggested here. Im re...
- 09:37 AM Bug #489: eml-protocol changes needed
- eml-method was created with a procedureType complex type. this is imported into
em-protocol and is extended within e...
- 03:08 PM Bug #567: create a sample EML2.0 instance document
- we created a bunch of eml instances (one for each module with a root element).
They are in the 'test' directory and ...
- 10:20 AM Bug #586: resolve validation problem with missing keys
- I think this is also the reason why we're having problems with Stylus Studio
which is based on xerces. It reports a ...
- 10:17 AM Bug #586 (Resolved): resolve validation problem with missing keys
- The new xerces reports a validation error for the "eml" module using ant test.
This seems to be because keys are de...
- 01:18 PM Bug #482: eml-dataset changes needed
- Ok, im going to close this bug as fixed since there is a clear point after
Matt's entry (#5) where the only remainin...
- 10:59 AM Bug #568: accomodation of stateful connection information.
- Ive reviewed the edits Matt made to distribution in response to fridays
discussion on distribution. It struck me that...
- 10:44 AM Bug #495: create FAQ for EML
- you can put any docbook inline elements into those question and answers. See
- 10:26 AM Bug #495: create FAQ for EML
- Chad, this looks great. Being not familiar with Docbook can you tell me how to
insert sectioning into the QandA feature?
- 10:17 AM Bug #495: create FAQ for EML
- I changed the format of the xml in the faq to docbook, then I changed the
build.xml file to use the docbook xsl style...
- 02:52 AM Bug #584: RC1 release preparation tasks
- This bug is used to track minor administrative tasks that must be completed for
the RC1 EML release.
Also need to ...
- 02:48 AM Bug #496: copyright changes needed
- Checked all file sin the root of EML and updated their copyright statements.
DONE. Need to be sure that any future ...
- 02:05 AM Bug #544: issues about storageType and attributeDomain
- OK, we reached a decision on the conference call. Create a unit "undefined"
that is the default for the "unit" field...
- 02:03 AM Bug #558: paragraph tag needs formatting structure
- RESOLVED FIXED. TextType incorporated into all modules that used to contain
- 03:56 PM Bug #585 (Closed): internationalization needed in EML
- We need ot investigate possible internationalizing EML. Maybe by using enabling
the use of 'lang' attributes.
- 03:36 PM Bug #584 (Resolved): RC1 release preparation tasks
- Need to regenerate all png images for the RC1 release.
- 03:28 PM Bug #492: eml-literature changes needed
- Presentation type added back in as requested. Changes for literature are now
complete. Marking bug RESOLVED FIXED.
- 04:40 PM Bug #495: create FAQ for EML
- James -- I'll develop an XSLT stylesheet to produce XML from your faq that can
be linked into the EML docs. I agree ...
- 01:58 PM Bug #495: create FAQ for EML
- I've checked the first real draft into cvs for comments, formatting, additions,
etc. I'm hoping someone will take on ...
- 04:34 PM Bug #544: issues about storageType and attributeDomain
- Note from conference call:
some people think unit and attributeDomain should be optional, or that we need a
- 04:30 PM Bug #558: paragraph tag needs formatting structure
- OK, looks like people are pretty happy with TextType as it is, given that method
will be changed to accomodate the re...
- 04:25 PM Bug #492: eml-literature changes needed
- OK, undid my epiphany. ResourceGroup is back as a child of CitationType.
Still need to create a "Presentation" type...
- 05:17 PM Bug #484: eml-attribute changes needed
- In responding to a request from Chad to provide a sample metadata file from our
Xylographa tool, im finding a number...
- 11:38 AM Bug #556: change namespaces to include ecoinformatics.org
- 11:37 AM Bug #579: eml-docbook.xml doesn't validate
- fixed the errors that were causing eml-docbook.xml not to validate. there were
just a few minor things like missing ...
- 08:53 AM Bug #482: eml-dataset changes needed
- This comment is just a change to stop the automatic "needs attention" email.
The only aspect of this that directly ...
- 07:55 AM Bug #492: eml-literature changes needed
I'm trying hard to follow this bug's issues, but I'm struggling.
Running diffs on eml-literature.xsd 1.32 against 1...
- 10:29 AM Bug #544: issues about storageType and attributeDomain
- Thanks for the comments on these data typing issues, Dan. There are two
distinct issues you raised, which I will add...
- 09:20 AM Bug #482: eml-dataset changes needed
- Reassigning to Peter because he is handling the eml-protocol changes. I think
this is already done in his PROPOSED_C...
- 09:16 AM Bug #539: eml dataTable
- Added two new optional fields, <alternateIdentifier> and <additionalInfo>. I
chose the name for the latter based on ...
- 05:54 PM Bug #492: eml-literature changes needed
- Thanks for the comments. I had not realized the technical implications of my
epiphany, so I'll change it back to the...
- 04:06 PM Bug #492: eml-literature changes needed
- re: technical items.
So how do i cite a paper or poster presented at xxth annual meeting of the
- 02:37 PM Bug #492: eml-literature changes needed
- Completed revisions to eml-literature. Here's a review of what I did (there's a
special surprise at the end :)...
- 08:26 AM Bug #492: eml-literature changes needed
- I agreed to handle this during the last conference call, so I'm reassigning the
bug to myself.
- 11:10 AM Bug #566: change how eml.xsd imports resource modules
- Changes were made and checked into cvs
- 07:39 AM Bug #566: change how eml.xsd imports resource modules
- I'm pretty sure this is already completed by Peter, so I am assigning it to him
to close out the bug if in fact the n...
- 10:55 AM Bug #495: create FAQ for EML
- I've added some more text and formatted the document. I've got a lot of editing
and polishing and some more answers t...
- 08:10 AM Bug #563: using xs:ID for id and packageId requires alpha character
- No comments have surfaced on the change from xs:ID to xs:string for the
datatypes of our id attributes, so I am marki...
- 08:07 AM Bug #486: eml-constraint changes needed
- Fixed spelling issues. RESOLVED FIXED.
- 11:44 AM Bug #579: eml-docbook.xml doesn't validate
- attached is the error message from xerxes.
- 11:42 AM Bug #579 (Resolved): eml-docbook.xml doesn't validate
- The docbook eml-docbook.xml produced by running ant docbook does not validate.
Also available in: Atom