From 06/12/2012 to 07/11/2012
- 06:12 PM Bug #5194: demos are difficult to find
- Thanks for updating HTMLViewer, Christopher. The demos were moved from module/resources/ to module/workflows/ since t...
- 05:07 PM Bug #5194: demos are difficult to find
- I updated ptolemy.actor.gui.HTMLViewer so that if the URL cannot
be found, then it is passed to ptolemy.util.FileUtil...
- 03:46 PM Bug #5194: demos are difficult to find
- I agree that getting the hyperlinks working again for the demos would be good. The difficulty is that the demos liste...
- 03:10 PM Bug #5444: Kepler can't run workflow if two instances exist at same time
- I've fixed the problem due to running different suites by storing the cached objects and database tables on a per-sui...
- 02:53 PM Bug #5444: Kepler can't run workflow if two instances exist at same time
- There are 3 different problems in this bug.
The problem in the original description is that 2 Kepler are started, th...
- 01:57 PM Bug #5637 (Resolved): composite window size & position not always saved
- It would be nice if the position and size of a window for a composite actor were saved. I thought this was done in th...
- 02:07 PM Bug #5142: comma improperly inserted in kar filename rather than a period (.)
- This was fixed recently. NamedObj.setDisplayName() can be used for names with periods.
- 04:22 PM Bug #4908: actor/director/attribute .xml file documentation needs to be updated
- I added a new ant target to update the documentation: ant update-actor-doc. Individual kar files can also be updated ...
- 04:12 PM Bug #5589: Add missing ptolemy actors to library
- I added a new ant target, "find-missing-actors", to list the files of actors, directors, and parameters not in the ac...
- 10:01 PM Bug #4926: Examine Kepler for duplicated Ptolemy code
- I looked in to why KeplerGraphFrame has so much duplicated code
and it looks like Comad uses KeplerGraphFrameExtensio...
- 09:38 PM Bug #3003: Copy/Paste of selection: copy should be selected
- Now, when entities are copied and pasted, the pasted entities are selected.
This is especially useful when there are ...
- 05:26 PM Bug #3997: Supporting display actor conversion for command line execution.
I agree that DisplayInterface solution is a better one, although it needs more work. I also prefer ...
- 05:19 PM Bug #3997: Supporting display actor conversion for command line execution.
Cool that it worked!
It might be more work to use code like the DisplayInterface code, but the
- 05:10 PM Bug #3997: Supporting display actor conversion for command line execution.
- Hi Christopher,
Thanks for your info. I tried a simple DisplayInterface implementation for saving the content to ...
- 05:01 PM Bug #4068: File Menu should display 5 most recently used workflows
- Dan wrote:
> Christopher wrote:
> > Sure, increasing it to 7 would be good.
> > It would be nice if there was a way t...
- 04:59 PM Bug #4068: File Menu should display 5 most recently used workflows
- I've increased the list size to 7 and improved the error handling when files don't exist.
- 04:25 PM Bug #5283: UI for saving workflows as xml is confusing
- A warning message is now displayed the first time a workflow is exported as MoML.
Command line support for KARs is ...
- 04:22 PM Bug #5280: missing command line execution for KAR files
- I've added more support for KAR files on the command line. KARs can be run with and without the gui. A KAR's module d...
- 11:02 AM Bug #4147: Error message with selectable text
- If Christopher is happy, I am too. (Not even sure when/where I saw the small dialog those 3 years ago)
- 07:31 PM Bug #5602: Timezone confusion using the scheduler
- Ben upgraded the kepler-dev metacat to 2.0.1.
After that the runengine was unable to run workflows scheduled by bars...
- 04:47 PM Bug #5636: outreach/demos/Database/Database_example_1.xml workflow fails
- fixed at version 30079.
The reason for the bug is that the default hsql database port has been changed to be 9004 (s...
- 12:13 PM Bug #5636 (Resolved): outreach/demos/Database/Database_example_1.xml workflow fails
- I get an error when trying to execute this workflow:
ptolemy.kernel.util.IllegalActionException: fire exception ...
- 04:38 PM Bug #5635: build-area should have a licenses.txt
- I checked in the licenses.txt with the library licenses for build-area module at version 30078.
Close the bug.
- 12:09 PM Bug #4068: File Menu should display 5 most recently used workflows
- I've gotten this error twice when trying to open a file from the File=>Recent Files menu. I don't know the replicatio...
- 10:44 AM Bug #4112: make kepler use OSX dialog boxes
- Dan writes:
> When saving, JFileChooser does not ask to overwrite existing files, but
> FileDialog does. It would be ...
- 08:22 AM Bug #4112: make kepler use OSX dialog boxes
- When saving, JFileChooser does not ask to overwrite existing files, but FileDialog does. It would be nice if PtFileCh...
- 10:20 AM Bug #5052: default file open directory of Kepler 2.0
- Fixed! Thanks, Dan!
- 09:37 AM Bug #5052: default file open directory of Kepler 2.0
- The default open/save dialogs now use _alternateDefaultOpenDirectory if it is set. If the path is absolute, it uses i...
- 03:29 PM Bug #4068: File Menu should display 5 most recently used workflows
- Sure, increasing it to 7 would be good.
It would be nice if there was a way to show even more files, but that seems
- 12:14 PM Bug #4068: File Menu should display 5 most recently used workflows
Seems to only show 4 though, in my initial test on linux.
I like seeing a lot of recent files; I vote for in...
- 12:05 PM Bug #4068: File Menu should display 5 most recently used workflows
- I fixed the issues in comment 4 for both Vergil and Kepler:
1. it's now updated for both opens and saves.
2. all hi...
- 01:26 PM Bug #4903: Text in attributes not rendered properly
- There are icon problems in Kepler. See also bug #5266.
- 01:24 PM Bug #5266: Two empty boxes inside Sinewave actor and other icon problems for attributes
- There are problems with singleton attributes.
See also bug #4903.
- 01:15 PM Bug #4926: Examine Kepler for duplicated Ptolemy code
- kepler/gui/src/org/kepler/gui/KeplerGraphFrame.java has lots of duplicated
code from BasicGraphFrame. I'm targeting ...
- 01:08 PM Bug #4147: Error message with selectable text
- In 2009-08-11, Ben wrote:
> Now I'm seeing a frame that is too small to accommodate the text and the
> buttons - they...
- 01:04 PM Bug #2571: position of new elements on screen
- This is fixed.
Now, when the user pastes, the paste occurs under the mouse.
- 12:18 PM Bug #5633: Actor/Attribute Search/Find Facility needs menu choices
- The search dialog is definitely useful when working with large workflows.
In Kepler, adding a search field in the Ou...
- 12:08 PM Bug #2335: MENUS: Top-Level Menu - dynamic addition of menu items
- MenuMapper can now update the menus in all open windows. A MRU file menu has been added (bug 4068).
- 11:56 AM Bug #5634: Kepler should have Configure Layout menu choices
- Done. Remove $HOME/KeplerData/modules/gui/configuration/uiMenuMappings_en_US.xml if it exists.
- 11:02 AM Bug #5635: build-area should have a licenses.txt
- Agreed. I put the license files in lib/ and in the launch4j directories
because I find it better to put the license ...
- 10:54 AM Bug #5635 (Resolved): build-area should have a licenses.txt
- To be consistent, it seems to me build-area should have a licenses.txt listing the licenses for its included librarie...
- 10:57 AM Bug #5550: Windows installer should be a .exe, not a .jar
- ant make-windows-installer -Dversion=2.3.4-rc666
now builds a .exe installer instead of a .jar installer.
I ran the ...
- 11:22 AM Bug #4908: actor/director/attribute .xml file documentation needs to be updated
- I'm working on this in conjunction with 5529.
- 11:20 AM Bug #5576: memory leak in ptolemy.data.expr.CachedMethod
- I ran the attached model and this looks fixed to me. Previously, each execution added about 1000 instances of ptolemy...
- 05:31 PM Bug #5634 (Resolved): Kepler should have Configure Layout menu choices
- The graph layout mechanism has a Configure Layout menu choice in Vergil.
Perhaps Kepler should have this as well.
- 10:23 AM Bug #5539: Open Actor does not find the actor source code when Kepler is invoked from within Eclipse
- It turns out that my fixes to Eclipse.java were causing confusing error messages
in the Eclipse console during startu...
- 05:20 PM Bug #5610: check that build system can handle a "0.9.0" release
- I haven't been able to find any problems with using 0.9.0.
I plan to release sensor-view and runtimemonitor as -0.9.0...
- 04:31 PM Bug #5252: Plotting bugs
- 14) This is minor, but you can change the title and x, and y labels by right-clicking on the plot in the Plot Viewer....
- 02:58 PM Bug #5252: Plotting bugs
- #13) You can add a duplicate row to a Plot Design, and this duplicate is not plotted. If you delete the original row,...
- 03:08 PM Bug #5550: Windows installer should be a .exe, not a .jar
- I'm moving this back to 2.4.0 and assigning it to myself.
The problem is that clicking on a .jar file does not relia...
- 02:52 PM Bug #5550: Windows installer should be a .exe, not a .jar
- It would be great if the 'make-windows-installer' ant task for kepler can automatically utilize Launch4J to create ex...
- 02:56 PM Bug #5495: released kepler should allow getting patches and changing suites from command line
- User question link correction: http://lists.nceas.ucsb.edu/kepler/pipermail/kepler-users/2011-September/001961.html.
- 02:40 PM Bug #5633 (Resolved): Actor/Attribute Search/Find Facility needs menu choices
- Edward developed a search facility for models.
Under Mac OS X in the Kepler trunk, if the mouse is over the graph ca...
- 01:41 PM Bug #5632 (New): Runtimemonitor token count idicator placement needs improvement
- In the add-on runtimemonitor suite, if for some workflow you instantie a MonitorManager, configure it to Add counters...
- 01:25 PM Bug #5580: create sensor-view module documentation
- As discussed I put a minimal amount of time into creating sensor view documentation. I think it's pretty decent. If a...
- 11:34 AM Bug #5583: Sensor Simulator controllable through Kepler
- I now include everything necessary in sensor-view/lib/jar/sensorview-utils-1.0.jar to be able to start the sensorsim ...
- 03:53 PM Bug #5247: Allow user to set memory allocated to Kepler from within Kepler
- Increasing the default memory heap size to 1 Gig.
However, I would not increase the default too much.
- 03:47 PM Bug #5247: Allow user to set memory allocated to Kepler from within Kepler
- (In reply to comment #4)
> The current default max memory of Kepler is 512 MB, which is set at
- 03:38 PM Bug #5247: Allow user to set memory allocated to Kepler from within Kepler
- The current default max memory of Kepler is 512 MB, which is set at build-area/settings/memory.xml. It's not enough f...
- 02:36 PM Bug #5348: Opening KAR or opening workflow under KAR behaves differently.
- I can re-produce this phenomena. Another difference is that Foo.kar cannot be drag-and-drop into canvas, but the Foo ...
- 02:28 PM Bug #5333: 2.2 rc3: getenv("") doesn't work for mac installation.
- Thanks for the info from Christopher and Hogan.
I agree it is not Kepler bug but Mac OS settings. A FAQ should be go...
- 12:23 PM Bug #5333: 2.2 rc3: getenv("") doesn't work for mac installation.
> One way work around is to set environment variables at
~/.MacOSX/environment.plist file. It works for Kepl...
- 10:16 AM Bug #5333: 2.2 rc3: getenv("") doesn't work for mac installation.
- I don't think this is really a Kepler bug.
The problem is that environment variables are poorly supported under Mac ...
- 05:02 PM Bug #5333: 2.2 rc3: getenv("") doesn't work for mac installation.
- One way work around is to set environment variables at ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist file. It works for Kepler 2.3. But...
- 02:19 PM Bug #5403: Improve the performance of the workflow archiving data from dataturbine to metacat
- I'm retargeting for consideration for kepler-2.4.0, and reassigning. The actor changes could ideally be included in k...
- 02:02 PM Bug #5252: Plotting bugs
- So my thinking now for issue #5 is that the plotting Items of Interest tree should highlight those ports that can be ...
- 01:34 PM Bug #5252: Plotting bugs
- (In reply to comment #16)
> Everything but #5 is done. #5 is: don't show ports you can't drag into the Plot
- 06:38 PM Bug #5252: Plotting bugs
- Everything but #5 is done. #5 is: don't show ports you can't drag into the Plot Designer (although what most users ex...
- 01:23 PM Bug #5631 (New): PortParameters cannot be drag-instantiated from Outline/Items of Interest trees
- You cannot drag out a PortParameter from the Outline/Items of Interest trees. The reason is ptolemy change r57732 to ...
- 07:02 PM Bug #5606: move plotting classes to sensor-view
- I discussed this w/ Dan and spent time looking through the code, and have changed my mind. We want plotting accesible...
- 04:51 PM Bug #5252: Plotting bugs
- (In reply to comment #11)
> Many people hit #8 at the sensor training workshop, and I had to tell them to
> delete th...
- 03:48 PM Bug #5252: Plotting bugs
- (In reply to comment #12)
> 11) Another problem is that when you add an additional item to be plotted (drag
> a port ...
- 03:46 PM Bug #5252: Plotting bugs
- (In reply to comment #8)
> 8) In the Plot Designer, if you click on the Color column, a color picker is
> launched. I...
- 01:10 PM Bug #5252: Plotting bugs
- 11) Another problem is that when you add an additional item to be plotted (drag a port into the Plot Designer creatin...
- 03:59 PM Bug #5249: test kepler for memory leaks
- bump into 2.5 as discussed.
- 03:45 PM Bug #5630 (New): See about removing one set of ColorTableCellEditor and ColorTableCellRender classes
- There are two versions of ColorTableCellEditor and ColorTableCellRenderer, one pair in Plotting, the other in Runtime...
- 02:55 PM Bug #5349: Cannot open KAR file after modifying it.
- I could not reproduce the bug at Kepler 2.3 and Kepler trunk, it's probably already fixed. Close it.
- 02:43 PM Bug #5426: workflow lsid changes when running from command line
- I re-open this bug since we agreed that we need a versioning model for Kepler during Kepler 2.4 release conference ca...
- 07:19 AM Bug #5629 (Resolved): Mac DMG installer should have better background and license agreement
- Hello Christopher,
recently I have installed Kepler for Mac OS directly from the DMG file instead of using SVN.
- 08:57 PM Bug #5539: Open Actor does not find the actor source code when Kepler is invoked from within Eclipse
- Fixed with changes to build-area/src/org/kepler/build/ide/Eclipse.java
Unfortunately, the path to the src/ directory ...
- 06:39 PM Bug #4926: Examine Kepler for duplicated Ptolemy code
has trivial differences from
ptolemy/gui/ShellTextArea.java, so I rem...
- 05:10 PM Bug #4989: The installer should offer to start Kepler
The user is now prompted as to whether they want to start up Kepler
as part of the installation process.
- 05:08 PM Bug #5020: 2.0-RC3 installer: R Kepler Module is not optional
I commented out the pack selection pane in
- 04:51 PM Bug #5449: Running ant should include instructions about updating kepler-tasks.jar
- This was fixed awhile ago.
- 04:40 PM Bug #4908: actor/director/attribute .xml file documentation needs to be updated
- The actor documentation should be reviewed and updated before 2.4.0.
- 04:29 PM Bug #4995: ant installer fails under Linux
- The installer target was removed from build.xml, so this bug is moot.
I was able to build a Windows installer under ...
- 04:05 PM Bug #4281: ant update produces message about running svn cleanup
- The problem where "ant update" fails under Windows continues to occur.
Under Windows Server 2008 R2, I got
- 02:24 PM Bug #5020: 2.0-RC3 installer: R Kepler Module is not optional
- The Kepler-2.3 Windows installer has a window for selecting which packs
are to be installed.
However, Kepler is th...
- 01:57 PM Bug #3801: open dialog, common places pane has white box instead of text
data-handling/src/org/ecoinformatics/seek/querybuilder/QBApp.java was updated:
> 919 | crawl | 2012-06-11 17:...
- 01:40 PM Bug #5588: Enter and Tab behavior has changed in parameter configuration dialog
- The remaining issue here is that in EditParameters, if the focus is in a line entry, then hitting the enter (aka retu...
- 08:27 PM Bug #5052: default file open directory of Kepler 2.0
- I'm reopening this because there is some confusion about what directory
Kepler opens with File->Open.
The initial di...
- 08:00 PM Bug #5627: List all possible port types in actor Types drop down list
- I modified
so that it gets the types from the TypeLattice. The code is:
- 07:22 PM Bug #5576: memory leak in ptolemy.data.expr.CachedMethod
- This is possibly fixed in r63763 in the ptII tree.
Basically, I had to add better equals() and hashCode() methods to
- 05:01 PM Bug #5403: Improve the performance of the workflow archiving data from dataturbine to metacat
- The sensor data read from DT is no longer written to file system, but written directly to EcogridWriter via ObjectTok...
- 04:52 PM Bug #5403: Improve the performance of the workflow archiving data from dataturbine to metacat
- Modified EcogridWriter actor:
- input port for object tokens as the source data
- retries if uploading fails
- 04:35 PM Bug #5602: Timezone confusion using the scheduler
- I tried testing by scheduling with kepler-dev, but i get an error which includes this text:
- 04:25 PM Bug #5628 (New): possible to get NPE when right-clicking on kar in Components tree
- It's possible to get this NPE when right-clicking on a KAR in the Components pane. I don't have a replication procedu...
- 04:02 PM Bug #5623: Outline tab context menu problems
- Looks good at r29962. Thanks, closing.
- 03:22 PM Bug #5623: Outline tab context menu problems
- I think it's fixed in r29960. I left Show On Canvas for attributes, ports, and relations since it's useful to be able...
- 03:57 PM Bug #5627 (New): List all possible port types in actor Types drop down list
- It would be nice if on an actor's port Type drop down list, all possible types were listed. If this list were automat...
- 03:54 PM Bug #5545: Configure Ports dialog Type column gui annoyances
- Much better, thanks. Closing.
- 03:30 PM Bug #5052: default file open directory of Kepler 2.0
- As discussed today, it would be good idea if we can have demo workflows in Kepler actor repository at the left part o...
- 03:29 PM Bug #5240: NameDuplicationException from SequencePlotter
- I'm closing this because I can't reproduce it in the current tree.
The problem is that a model with two plots was pro...
- 03:11 PM Bug #5607: constant actor icon won't automatically re-size since 2.3.
- I've backed out a portion of this change:
2011-03-03 16:41 cshelton
* [r60470] /trunk/ptolemy/vergil/icon/Attribu...
- 10:36 AM Bug #5607: constant actor icon won't automatically re-size since 2.3.
- If the value of a Const actor is a long string, then the icon is not truncated.
This occurs in both Kepler and Vergil.
- 02:30 PM Bug #5565: deal with licensing for oracle jar in core
- Christopher removed the jar from Ptolemy, and I removed it from Kepler. I also updated the error messages when the ja...
- 02:23 PM Bug #5571: user request: show execution time in runtime window
- The status bar now displays the amount of time and memory consumed.
The change is ptII 63760
- 02:19 PM Bug #5286: Remove the override of EntityTreeModel
- Removed at r29957.
Reopen this bug if you discover a change in component tree behavior in the sensor-view suite.
- 12:43 PM Feature #5626 (New): interacting with kepler.sh to know the status and other information in batch-mode.
- When we run kepler in batch mode, it's good to know its status and other information.
CAMERA has done something fo...
- 12:21 PM Bug #5625 (Resolved): create kepler documentation for 2.4
- we need new documentation for 2.4.
- 11:50 AM Bug #5509: How do I run the demos
- Enable the demos to show up in the actor tree with their full version.
Module demos should also be displayed.
- 11:48 AM Bug #5448: cannot start Kepler using non-IcedTea OpenJDK
- Fixed in Kepler 2.3 and in the Kepler devel trunk
bash-3.2$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_22"
OpenJDK Runtime En...
- 11:47 AM Bug #5498: Issue a patch for ptolemy classpath problem in kepler-2.2
- Won't fix. Use 2.3. If the patch is needed for 2.2, reopen the bug only to fix it.
- 11:27 AM Bug #5279: HSQL databases use default account
- Maybe generate a new usename or password at runtime and save it under kepler data. Dan will design this.
- 11:17 AM Bug #5457: Mac OS X: Kepler.app should display module error messages in a window
- Christopher says make it depend on Ptolemy. There is a message handler and it could be used to go through the code an...
- 10:39 AM Bug #5573: remove ptolemy vendors/
- 2.3 shipped with ptolemy/vendors.
To avoid this in 2.4, when I make the ptII-9-0-beta branch, I'll remove ptolemy/ven...
- 08:16 AM Bug #3997: Supporting display actor conversion for command line execution.
- The issue here is to make it possible to capture Display and Plotter data.
A team of CMU students modified how the p...
- 08:00 AM Bug #5266: Two empty boxes inside Sinewave actor and other icon problems for attributes
- The reported problem here is that if a Sinewave actor is dragged onto the
canvas in Kepler, then two blank boxes appe...
- 07:40 AM Bug #2123: need a way to uniquely identify actor in a workflow and locate it
- BTW - the ptII tree has a find feature that allows the user to search for
actors or parameters by name.
- 08:45 PM Bug #5378: add rety logic to SpanTodt, attempt to recover if RBNB goes down
- Whoops, that last sentence doesn't make sense. If SPAN is down, it's down. Should SpanToDT be down, that's when SPAN ...
- 06:30 PM Bug #5378: add rety logic to SpanTodt, attempt to recover if RBNB goes down
- Should be fixed with r29937, r29939, r29950, 29951, with the caveat I've only tested using the simulator as SPAN. Lea...
- 07:15 PM Bug #4711: Problem with L.H. actor tree: ActorName,kar
- I fixed the display name to use "Name.kar" instead of "Name,kar". The actor kars were reorganized a long time ago int...
- 07:08 PM Bug #5592: Site Layout DE Director missing documentation
- same fix for bug 5355, not 5535
- 07:07 PM Bug #5592: Site Layout DE Director missing documentation
- same fix for 5535:
I updated ShowDocumentationAction: if the documentation is missing, try generating from the sourc...
- 07:06 PM Bug #5355: actor documentation not included on instantiation
- I updated ShowDocumentationAction: if the documentation is missing, try generating from the sources, and if that fail...
- 07:04 PM Bug #5453: ant javadoc -Dfull=true fails
- It looks like -Dfull was used to include Kepler and Ptolemy sources when generating the javadocs. However, running wi...
- 11:10 AM Bug #3997: Supporting display actor conversion for command line execution.
- This bug needs to be fixed in version 2.4. I have tried locally using hydro library. It works.
We can either have a...
- 04:41 PM Bug #5399: "./kepler.sh -runwf -nogui -nocache" command will not quit if some parameters are set.
- The bug is gone.
- 11:43 AM Bug #5578: Add DiffModules with build-area
- I checked-in the patch. Thanks for the contribution.
- 11:31 AM Bug #5406: "./kepler.sh -runwf -nogui" won't work if the workflow file path includes 'repository'
- 10:38 AM Bug #5587: long parameter values get replaced with scrollbar
- Patricia fixed in r63735.
- 08:35 AM Bug #4261: Long file name on windows
- ptolemy.data.properties has been removed.
That package used to contain files with long names.
I added test to https:/...
- 08:23 AM Bug #2369: Scrollbars Disappear After Using Fullscreen Mode--Now crashes
- There was a problem with scrollbars disappearing after fullscreen, but
View->Full Screen has been removed, so this bu...
Also available in: Atom