From 01/30/2006 to 02/28/2006
- 11:01 PM Bug #2015: Provide more meaningful error messages
- reassigning to Laura, so we don't lose track of Christopher's request:
"If you provide me with some screenshots or ...
- 08:43 PM Bug #2323: Remove text added with "Attribute" actor from older workflows
- important for backwards compatibility - changing to P1
- 08:42 PM Bug #2374 (Resolved): SVG - Improve inital rendering times
- Batik rendering only: when an actor is first dragged to the canvas, or when a
workflow is first opened, there is a l...
- 08:35 PM Bug #2261: DIALOGS: Implement New "Advanced Search for Data" Dialog
- text transferred from Bug 2107:
add advance search capability for data - start with curent Morpho advanced
- 08:31 PM Bug #2261: DIALOGS: Implement New "Advanced Search for Data" Dialog
- *** Bug 2107 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- 08:31 PM Bug #2107: add advance search capability for data
- marked as dupicate of bug #2261 (even thought this bug came first), since 2261
is part of the tracking system
- 08:15 PM Bug #2256: Actor selection problem inside some Composites
- tried under winXP with the new SVG icons (Batik rendering), and this looks like
it's no longer an issue
- 08:08 PM Bug #2150: 'Edit Custom Icon' menu item doesn't work
- re-implemented menus (in answer to Christopher's prev. comment), and have
removed the "custom icon" related menu item...
- 08:05 PM Bug #2038: review and correct information design (e.g., graphical layouts)
- This is automatically addressed by the implementation of the new kepler ui designs
- 08:02 PM Bug #2030: deal with terminology issues in Kepler
- user interface text has been specified in new designs, so this requirement is
addressed as the new menus and dialogs ...
- 08:00 PM Bug #2013: Allow case insensitive user input
- duplicate of bug #1845 - which is now fixed
- 07:54 PM Bug #2258: DIALOGS: Implement New Director Dialog
- not yet started, but looks like we will be able to reuse many of the actor
- 07:52 PM Bug #2257: DIALOGS: Implement New Workflow Dialog
- not sure what's happening with regard to design of Workflow dialog - discussions
at feb 06 kepler dev meeting in davi...
- 07:48 PM Bug #2365: MENUS: Context Menus - grab right-click for graph links
- 07:00 PM Bug #2114: display search results in both heirarchy and flat list
- it was decided at kepler dev meeting in davis, Feb 06, that flat list no longer
needed, since search is so useful & q...
- 02:20 PM Bug #2373: EMLDataSource metadata menu no longer available
- Never Mind! (This has been fixed)
- 12:20 PM Bug #2373 (Resolved): EMLDataSource metadata menu no longer available
- With new popup menus, there seems to be no way to display the metadata for an
EML2 Datasource actor! (previously we ...
- 12:09 PM Bug #2372 (Resolved): Digir datasource data retreival 'by field' does not work
- Digir datasources seem to work if table or row is set, but if 'by field' is set,
then no data is returned!
- 11:33 AM Bug #2240: add support for null values to data passing among ports
- Just a status report on this:
I think I have something that works.
I've not done all the tokens. We are to have a re...
- 10:37 AM Bug #2350: Add null token to eml datasource
- This bug is closely related to bug 2171 for missing value codes. Its probably a
- 10:09 PM Bug #2369 (Resolved): Scrollbars Disappear After Using Fullscreen Mode--Now crashes
- 1) open a workflow (can be a blank one)
2) go into full screen mode, either by selecting "Full Screen" on the "View"...
- 05:51 PM Bug #2368 (Resolved): Remove svg icon properties from Workflow MOML files
- Need to remove svg icon and thumbnail icon properties from workflow MOML files
in the kepler/workflows directory. Th...
- 04:23 PM Bug #2367 (New): MENUS: Context Menus - Additional context menu designs needed
- more context menus in the old kepler/ptii UI, for which we don't yet have new
designs. It may be that some of these ...
- 11:01 AM Bug #2365 (Resolved): MENUS: Context Menus - grab right-click for graph links
- rt-click menus currently overridden for all objects on graph except for links -
these currently have a context menu ...
- 10:53 AM Bug #2247: TRACKING: Popup Dialog Changes
- changed title so this bug tracks only dialog stuff. Rt-click/context menus
tracked by bug #2338
- 09:41 PM Bug #2358: need to add "..." to appropriate menu items
- fixed by Laura
- 12:32 PM Bug #2337: TRACKING - MENUS: Top-Level Menu Revision
- updated terminology for Run Window (now Runtime Window) and for Run with
Feedback (now Animate at Runtime). This wa...
- 12:17 PM Bug #2358: need to add "..." to appropriate menu items
- Ellipses have been added for the following items:
Animate at Runtime
- 05:00 PM Bug #2363 (Resolved): Move Actions out of BasicGraphController
- src/exp/ptolemy/vergil/basic/BasicGraphController contains several Action inner
classes that were/are used for menu ...
- 04:55 PM Bug #2362 (In Progress): DataSourceIcon: use new SVG Icons dynamically, instead of drawing icon
- org.ecoinformatics.seek.datasource.DataSourceIcon (used by the EML200DataSource
actor, among others) draws its own i...
- 06:35 PM Bug #2332: MENUS: Top-Level Menu - link ptii enabled/disabled listeners
- ptii menus didn't do enabling/disabling - so this isn't an issue. There's a
separate bug (Bug #2359) for implementing...
- 06:33 PM Bug #2286: SVG - reduce svg file size
- done - checked in the script (to the
kepler-docs cvs module) for future use:
- 04:31 PM Bug #2322: SVG - Assigning Icons to the Correct Actors in Properties Files
- done by laura
- 02:14 PM Bug #2361 (Resolved): Using backspace in the search pane deletes highlighted components
- Seems like there is no distinction between the different panes in the workflow
editor gui. When using the backspace ...
- 12:51 PM Bug #1843: unexpected workflow components tree behavior
- closing - since it looks liek this is now working OK. reopen if you have issues
- 12:11 PM Bug #2343: add welcome screen for release 1.0
- Another way to do this might be to re-use the ptII welcome screen, but have it
display your new html page instead of ...
- 11:57 AM Bug #2343: add welcome screen for release 1.0
- Intro.html hidden for now.
(commented out code to start welcome window in /exp/ptolemy/vergilVergilApplication)
- 11:27 AM Bug #2343: add welcome screen for release 1.0
- Sequence changed to have :
First Splash Screen
Then Kepler Main Window (Blank Workflow)
And Kepler Welcome Screen (On...
- 08:51 AM Bug #2343: add welcome screen for release 1.0
- In the latest nightly build 2/16, the following happens upon startup:
-splash screen appears
-splash screen disappear...
- 11:09 AM Bug #2246: TOOLBAR: status on opening workflows and blank frames
- added bug 2359 to address enabling/disabling of menu/toolbar items as
- 11:07 AM Bug #2359 (In Progress): enable/disable menu items and toolbar items as appropriate
- It is standard design practice to enable/disable menu and toolbar items as
appropriate. Matthew mentioned this in ...
- 09:27 AM Bug #2358: need to add "..." to appropriate menu items
- Laura -
You can fix these yourself if you want - it's very easy - all you have to do is
edit the text file:
- 09:04 AM Bug #2358 (Resolved): need to add "..." to appropriate menu items
- I have just noticed that I didn't add the standard "..." to menu items that
bring up a dialog box or require some u...
- 03:32 PM Bug #2357 (Resolved): EML2DataSource connection problem (asColumnBasedRecord)
- When an EML2DataSource is configured as to retrun the data as a
'ColumnBasedRecord' it can be connected to an RExpre...
- 03:26 PM Bug #2355: TOOLBAR: icon states don't display correctly for first four toolbar buttons
- The fix is in ptII/ptolemy/vergil/basic/BasicGraphFrame.java
It needs to be copied to the Kepler copy of this file in...
- 08:59 AM Bug #2355 (Resolved): TOOLBAR: icon states don't display correctly for first four toolbar buttons
- Reported by Laura:
toolbar icons don't display correctly for the first four icons in the
toolbar -- no rollovers...
- 11:28 AM Bug #2356: EML2 DataSource doesn't handle column vectors
- Same error message when you ask for a ColumnBasedRecord
- 11:12 AM Bug #2356 (Resolved): EML2 DataSource doesn't handle column vectors
- If you take the 'Datos...' datasource example and configure it to deliver 'As
Column Vector', you get a 'Actor is no...
- 09:05 AM Bug #2246: TOOLBAR: status on opening workflows and blank frames
- This proposal would probably solve the issue with empty workflows: I think
"inappropriate" actions should be grayed o...
- 08:59 AM Bug #2246: TOOLBAR: status on opening workflows and blank frames
- To help with tracking for the release, I am opening a separate bug (see Bug
#2355) for the "icons don't display corre...
- 05:08 PM Bug #2246: TOOLBAR: status on opening workflows and blank frames
- The rollovers for the zoom buttons work in Vergil, but not in Kepler
because vergil/basic/BasicGraphFrame is duplicat...
- 02:44 PM Bug #2354 (Resolved): Need to Rebuild older workflows so that kars can be created
- Older workflows (one built before the kar system was added) should be rebuilt so
that additonal moml data is include...
- 02:35 PM Bug #1924: Refactor actor and data display and search code
- The tree is now refreshing correctly. Shawn and I worked on this for a few
hours in Davis. We didn't think it was w...
- 07:20 PM Bug #2343: add welcome screen for release 1.0
- I have checked in the GUI part of the welcome screen in src/org/kepler/gui with
the kepler logo under lib/images. I l...
- 03:27 PM Bug #2330: Saving a workflow doesn't add .xml or .moml extenders
- Yep, I think I fixed this, but I neglected to close the bug pending
testing by someone else.
I think it can stay closed.
- 02:24 PM Bug #2330: Saving a workflow doesn't add .xml or .moml extenders
- Christopher fixed this in the ptii code (right christopher?)
- 02:47 PM Bug #2056: Port labels appear 'twice' when DataSource actor added
- Found this in passing - posting here for later -
in the javadoc for -
- 02:23 PM Bug #2133: Need ability to update data searches
- Searches in the quick search window are configured to expire at end of session.
To recieve new results, one just nee...
- 02:19 PM Bug #2277: Simplify Kar loading
- I think this has now been completed.
- 01:42 PM Bug #2246: TOOLBAR: status on opening workflows and blank frames
- Re-opening this bug for a couple of reasons.
1) toolbar icons don't display correctly for the first four icons in th...
- 12:39 PM Bug #2343: add welcome screen for release 1.0
- for the record -- meant this to go the list but somehow I replied
I expected step 4 (of the origina...
- 11:58 AM Bug #2343: add welcome screen for release 1.0
- Probably File Open should be smart enough to realize that the current window
is mostly blank and a candidate for repl...
- 11:42 AM Bug #2343: add welcome screen for release 1.0
- Now this has been added, here is a very common use case, which seems incorrect
(reported by Kevin):
1) User starts k...
- 11:11 AM Bug #2034: provide visual indication of default button/choice on windows/dialogs
- Laura said:
I would think that in most of the regular dialogs the "ok" button or equivalent
would be the "default." ...
- 10:06 AM Bug #2034: provide visual indication of default button/choice on windows/dialogs
- done for main screen (ie search buttons). Will do on new dialogs as they are
- 12:18 PM Bug #2343: add welcome screen for release 1.0
- I created "Preferences System needs to be resolved":
- 09:35 AM Bug #2343: add welcome screen for release 1.0
- I added ptolemy.actor.gui.WelcomeWindow and WelcomeWindowTableau and modified
- 10:31 AM Bug #2240: add support for null values to data passing among ports
- [I'm going to try to keep most of the email in the null value bug so
that I don't lose track while I'm on vacation 2...
- 09:51 AM Bug #2352 (Resolved): Preferences System needs to be resolved
- I'm creating a bug for this because
"add welcome screen for...
- 09:47 AM Bug #2351 (Resolved): Welcome Window Programmer/Scientist docs
- The Welcome Window introProgrammer.htm and introScientist.htm documentation in
- 09:44 AM Bug #2032: application should open to main window not web page
- I've fixed this by hacking up VergilApplication so we now open the Graph Editor.
I did not embed the webpage in the r...
- 11:41 PM Bug #2248: Need to merge corresponding mutable and immutable subclasses of DomainObject
- The classes Tree and TreeBuffer have been merged, as have TreeNode and
- 03:35 PM Bug #2321: merge exp files into ptolemy CVS
- I merged data.expr.Constants by hacking in an initialization class at
I removed data.EDoubleToken because...
- 02:23 PM Bug #2240: add support for null values to data passing among ports
- Jing will modify the EML source.
Dan will modify the R actor.
I'll will look at the XYPlot actor and possibly other a...
- 11:13 AM Bug #2240: add support for null values to data passing among ports
- Dan wrote:
I would like to add some thoughts to this issue of null/nil tokens in
Consider first som...
- 02:03 PM Bug #2350 (Resolved): Add null token to eml datasource
- Ptolemy now has null token. we need assign it when eml actor meets missing value.
- 10:33 AM Bug #1911: Provide real-time feedback/animation for workflow progress as a default
- This relates to animation, that was discussed on kepler-dev about a week ago.
A couple of notes, which are my persona...
- 10:19 AM Bug #2349 (New): Actors should have preconditions to test for long runs
- It would be nice if there was an easy way to for a model to test for
trivial problems before getting far down a long...
- 12:26 PM Bug #1909: generalize cache manager to provide support for very large data files
- The two types of cache objects which provide access to the raw file:
RawDataCacheObject and DataCacheFileObject, both...
- 12:22 PM Bug #2141: resultset cache expiration problem
- In CVS, CacheExpiration can now be set on each CacheObject. There are three
different expiration "policies", by date...
- 01:19 PM Bug #2345: Actor Library classname/icon mapping problems
- In order to illustrate what the icons *should* look like, I have assigned the
icon by LSID (instead of by classname) ...
- 01:07 PM Bug #2347: Need to be able to terminate workflow 'animation/feedback'
- replaced with a JCheckBoxMenuItem to match new design. now toggles on and off.
Dan's namign comments are being discus...
- 01:00 PM Bug #2246: TOOLBAR: status on opening workflows and blank frames
- closed - fixed by Christopher
- 12:58 PM Bug #2336: MENUS: Top-Level Menu - implement class.forName in getActionFor()
- done. also moved all code out of BasicGraphFrame and into its own self-contained
class, to make it easier to address ...
- 11:19 AM Bug #2348 (In Progress): Rewrite disk based GIS code for speed increase
- Currently, the java GIS routines for handling ascii grid files uses a
PersistentVector class that was originally cre...
- 10:45 AM Bug #2275: Replace the DataCacheManager
- This has been accomplished. The DataCacheManager still exists but uses the
CacheManager as its backend object persis...
Also available in: Atom