From 01/05/2011 to 02/03/2011
- 06:22 PM Bug #5293: Deleting a report item scrolls you to top of design
- basically fixed with r26988, but not quite satisfied with the location you're scrolled to when you delete an item. lo...
- 05:12 PM Bug #5293 (Resolved): Deleting a report item scrolls you to top of design
- This is really annoying when you're trying to delete items from a long report design; with each delete you lose your ...
- 05:09 PM Bug #5088: Report designer gui difficult to use with greater than about 3-4 items
- fixed at r26960
- 05:13 PM Bug #4544: Enter key in Report Designer title invokes a search
- fixed at r26896. This took awhile to track down. Turns out the searchButton was the set defaultButton for the jRootPa...
- 01:12 PM Bug #4753: create gui for scheduled execution of sensor workflows on server
- This a general bug. The specific bugs have been created and fixed.
- 01:11 PM Bug #5236: The list on the left panel of the scheduler should only show WF objects that can be scheduled.
- Bug is fixed base the solution on comment 1. If we have any new suggestion, we can open another bug.
- 01:09 PM Bug #5235: Scheduler GUI can schedule any wf (even local ones).
- When user tries to schedule a local workflow, it will be uploaded to the saving repository first. The functionality i...
- 01:08 PM Bug #4754: update metacat workflow execution scheduler
- the scheduler server code stands alone in svn. We create scheduler-gui module in kepler
- 12:03 PM Bug #5283: UI for saving workflows as xml is confusing
- The main problem is that currently KARs are not backwards-compatible (see bug 5280), and so XML remains the preferred...
- 11:57 AM Bug #4483: Module dependencies in MoML files
- We no longer write any module dependency info into the moml, but certain things from modules may still be written int...
- 11:34 AM Bug #5290 (New): originModule not always set
- The <originModule> property is added to configuration files so that properties will be ignored when their originating...
- 11:26 AM Bug #5247: Allow user to set memory allocated to Kepler from within Kepler
- This does not work when using kepler.sh.
Additionally, it appears the settings are saved in build-area/settings/memo...
- 06:21 PM Bug #5289 (In Progress): Change report instance margins from transparent to white
- At some point some months ago, I noticed report pdfs having transparent, instead of white, backgrounds, which make th...
- 05:43 PM Bug #4544: Enter key in Report Designer title invokes a search
- Retargeting, I want this fixed.
- 05:40 PM Bug #5088: Report designer gui difficult to use with greater than about 3-4 items
- Imo this seriously degrades the reporting user experience, retargeting.
- 05:29 PM Bug #4755: update workflow run manager and reporting to display runs of sensor workflows
- WRM now shows allows you to view remote runs and associated report artifacts.
- 05:25 PM Bug #5062: create bugs, mockups, eng view page updates showing how authentication will work
- These mockups never got made, but authenticating for the scheduler and the WRM is done now. Both use the authenticati...
- 05:20 PM Bug #5032: Workflow Run Manager - ability to connect to different prov stores from gui actions
- Closing, this is basically all done now. Any issues for the WRM wrt remote stores can be opened as new bugs.
- 05:11 PM Bug #5033: Workflow Run Manager - Allow multiple instances of WRM in one Kepler instance
- 05:06 PM Bug #5049: Prompt for credentials when connecting to remote kepler server
- I removed the authenticate checkbox at r26873. Now like Component search you're just prompted to login (if you're not...
- 04:42 PM Bug #5083: possible to save a kar that loses the report layout
- Re: comment#3, stopgap no longer seems necessary -- I commented it out and tested the scenario in the bug description...
- 03:06 PM Bug #5017: ReportLayout LSID and referral list should be maintained
- I'm having trouble understanding the "problem" described in comment#15 at this point, so I'll just trust my comment#1...
- 03:02 PM Bug #5009: Opening two KARS that have the same Workflow, but that have different report layouts, will make the first layout refresh itself with the layout from the KAR that was opened most recently.
- I merged a long time ago, just tested on trunk and works.
- 06:20 PM Bug #5248: downloading non-public kars from Search Components doesn't work
- Jing patched the kepler repository tonight, and Component search against the kepler repository works. Closing.
- 06:05 PM Bug #5061: Report Design Panel needs fixing wrt event listening
- I merged this fix a long time ago. Double checked with a few textareas tests on trunk just now. Works.
- 06:02 PM Bug #4524: no prompt to save a changed report
- I merged a long time ago. Just tried and works on trunk, closing.
- 05:54 PM Bug #5091: Dragging and dropping report layout items NPEs
- This seems to be caused by dragging a report layout item over a text-area.
- 04:07 PM Bug #5252: Plotting bugs
- I have fixed items 1-4. 5 is sort of fixed; ports of definitely the wrong type (ie. (double for timestamp, double for...
- 03:52 PM Bug #5287 (Resolved): Remove the override of ActorMetadataKAREntryHandler
- Currently, the fix to bug 5251 is implemented in the form of an override to org.kepler.kar.handlers.ActorMetadataKARE...
- 02:37 PM Bug #5286 (Resolved): Remove the override of EntityTreeModel
- Currently, the class ptolemy.vergil.tree.EntityTreeModel is being overridden in sensor-view. This is to allow it to s...
- 02:29 PM Bug #5272: kepler 2.1 suite can not be started using 'ant run'
The trunk build can now run the kepler-2.1 branch.
I also branched the build (to build-area-2.1) so that we ...
- 02:28 PM Bug #5251: using File->Open MoML... always opens model into Sensor Site view
- Fixed in r26872.
Note: This is fixed with an override of the class org.kepler.kar.handlers.ActorMetadataKAREntryHand...
- 02:00 PM Bug #5285 (New): NPE on restart using newly created suite
- User reports being unable to restart with their own suite that depends on the provenance suite:
"Debugging shows m...
- 01:13 PM Bug #5129: adding and removing configuration properties could be made easier
- I have sent an email to kepler-dev to get responses from people who have made configuration changes since Kepler 2.1....
- 01:07 PM Bug #5282: Documentation updates for 2.2
- Not doing a huge documentation review for 2.2. In the future, changes that affect the user experience and therefore t...
- 12:06 PM Bug #5049: Prompt for credentials when connecting to remote kepler server
- Prompting for credentials when connecting a WRM to a remote kar-store happens now, if the user has selected the 'auth...
- 12:03 PM Bug #5132: Connecting Workflow Run Manager to remote KAR store should prompt for credentials
- Marking duplicate of bug#5049
- 06:28 PM Bug #5232: unable to open KARs saved beneath absent (e.g. third party) modules
- Fixed at r26866.
ImportModuleDependenciesAction dialogs now offer a Force Open option.
- 06:06 PM Bug #5272: kepler 2.1 suite can not be started using 'ant run'
- Increasing importance, this has been getting in my way, and is likely to come up again soon for the two users who hav...
- 02:00 PM Bug #5277: remove test servers from Sources preferences
- Done at r26860.
- 09:37 AM Bug #5284 (New): Set uploadToServer to be true at configuration.xml
- When we set up kepler run engine, we always have to change the value from false to true. Why we set it to be false? I...
- 01:49 PM Bug #4516: Module Manager needs ability to install modules needed by KARs
- I did work on this for bug#5099 . Attempting to open a kar with unsatisfied mod deps now prompts the user to download...
- 12:26 PM Bug #5120: Provide a toggle for automatic updates
- David implemented a toggle for checking for patches on startup, should this be closed now? Was a conclusion reached w...
- 05:01 PM Bug #5248: downloading non-public kars from Search Components doesn't work
- So we don't forget: the changes to always use authenticated query and gets necessitate a fix to an xslt file --Jing f...
- 01:57 PM Bug #5272: kepler 2.1 suite can not be started using 'ant run'
- Another user tried to build kepler execution eninge base on kepler-2.1
but he get the same error.
- 11:32 AM Bug #5283: UI for saving workflows as xml is confusing
- We discussed this extensively before 2.1. My 2 cents:
The main issue is that the xml format is incomplete and does ...
- 11:24 AM Bug #5283 (Resolved): UI for saving workflows as xml is confusing
- The following comments were relayed to me by a group of users running Kepler 1.0, and trying 2.x for the first time:
- 11:31 AM Bug #5129: adding and removing configuration properties could be made easier
- I'm reopening this -- now that this directive solution has been implemented, someone needs to utilize it to update th...
- 11:23 AM Bug #5282 (Resolved): Documentation updates for 2.2
- Docs need to be updated for 2.2
- 11:19 AM Bug #5281 (New): cannot open 1.0 KARs
- KARs created in Kepler 1.0 cannot be opened.
An example is 04-HelloWorld.kar in the outreach module:
- 11:18 AM Bug #5280 (Resolved): missing command line execution for KAR files
- KAR files cannot be used with kepler.sh.
The workflow in a KAR cannot be run with any of the -gui/-nogui, -cache/-...
- 11:14 AM Bug #5279 (Resolved): HSQL databases use default account
- The HSQL databases should not use the default account name and password.
- 11:12 AM Bug #5278 (Resolved): HSQL database is shared between users
- Kepler starts an HSQL database server so that multiple instances of Kepler can run on the same machine. (For more inf...
- 04:49 PM Bug #5277 (Resolved): remove test servers from Sources preferences
- Before release we need to remove the test server options from Components and Data search.
- 04:30 PM Bug #4430: hsql database name and port in Kepler should be configurable
- The ports and names are set in the configuration files:
- 04:15 PM Bug #5276: component search performance is poor
- Components search can also fail because of a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError. Here are two examples stacktraces
- 03:33 PM Bug #5248: downloading non-public kars from Search Components doesn't work
- no-frills fix in r26836.
Going to test/talk with jing and matt before closing.
- 02:37 PM Bug #5274: Trying to schedule workflow with report layout puts up prompt about no report layout
- The problem is when kepler evaluated the type in a kar entry, it used "equals" "ReportLayout". When we uses "contains...
- 02:21 PM Bug #5276 (New): component search performance is poor
- Searching for remote KARs through the Components pane is very slow -- search downloads and deals with karXML, each ge...
- 02:10 PM Bug #5248: downloading non-public kars from Search Components doesn't work
- Discussed with Matt, I'll take this one.
- 10:29 AM Bug #4324: ptII/module-info/revision.txt not being updated
- I also added the same information as above to the Kepler Project wiki: https://kepler-project.org/developers/referenc...
- 10:25 AM Bug #4324: ptII/module-info/revision.txt not being updated
- A cron job has been started on lore.genomecenter.ucdavis.edu to run 'ant validate-ptolemy' every midnight. The revisi...
- 01:07 PM Bug #5275: Executing sensor-view workflow records provenance
- Works. On import provenance turns off, and attempting to turn it back on, even during execution of sensor workflow, i...
- 12:34 PM Bug #5275: Executing sensor-view workflow records provenance
- Should be fixed. Derik, please check.
- 09:11 PM Bug #5248: downloading non-public kars from Search Components doesn't work
- A) I don't believe it makes sense to have non-public entries showing up in the public searches. I can see how this er...
- 06:07 PM Bug #5248: downloading non-public kars from Search Components doesn't work
- My changes in r26708 are probably worth looking at when looking at this bug.
- 03:37 PM Bug #5275 (Resolved): Executing sensor-view workflow records provenance
- Executing a sensor view workflow isn't supposed to record data to provenance because the director is DE.
- 03:01 PM Bug #5153: Save As... closes all windows associated with a workflow
- Pushing further investigation on this enhancement to 2.3. As reported by Aaron, this does not appear to be a current ...
- 01:08 PM Bug #5263: failure to restart after upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1
- Added documentation. This should not be a problem going forward, due to a change in how the module manager works.
- 12:44 PM Bug #4801: out of memory
- Postponing to 2.3.
- 12:43 PM Bug #5249: test kepler for memory leaks
- Postponing to 2.3.
- 12:43 PM Bug #4642: memory usage & slowdowns
- Postponing to 2.3.
- 12:41 PM Bug #5258: kepler start exception when soft links are in KeplerData/workflows/MyWorkflows
- Since this is an obscure problem that isn't likely to occur in the normal use of Kepler, postponing.
- 12:27 PM Bug #5272: kepler 2.1 suite can not be started using 'ant run'
- It might not be a block for kepler 2.2 installation package release. But many users download kepler based on release-...
- 05:43 PM Bug #5129: adding and removing configuration properties could be made easier
- I have added the ability to make what I call add directives. For example, in a module, if you add a new folder called...
- 02:56 PM Bug #5219: problems when semantically annotating or tagging a composite actor
- This is expected behavior. The tag bar displays all tags on the top-level
workflow. The semantic annotation pane, how...
- 02:47 PM Bug #4988: Instantiating a wf as a composite that has a tag doesn't work as expected
- (In reply to comment #0)
> However if I tag a workflow, Save Archive it into my local repo workflows
> folder, then f...
- 08:43 AM Bug #5272: kepler 2.1 suite can not be started using 'ant run'
- I will look into this bug soon. However, it certainly is not a release blocker for 2.2. Reclassifying.
- 04:07 PM Bug #5274 (Resolved): Trying to schedule workflow with report layout puts up prompt about no report layout
- To reproduce:
create a workflow
create a report design
File-> Save to kar
Find and sel...
- 03:52 PM Bug #5272 (Resolved): kepler 2.1 suite can not be started using 'ant run'
- Today, one partner tried to start Kepler 2.1 through build-area and failed.
We first tried the build-area at https...
- 02:28 PM Bug #5260: Problems with unknown free-form tags
- I fixed the ColoredListCellRenderer exception (r26677) and have not observed the other exception. Closing for now, un...
- 01:45 PM Bug #5260: Problems with unknown free-form tags
- (In reply to comment #2)
> Also when opening the kar with free-form tag that's no longer 'in the system'
> because of...
- 01:43 PM Bug #5260: Problems with unknown free-form tags
- Thanks Sean. Things work for me too -- up until the very last step of the above procedure: when I click on different ...
- 12:57 PM Bug #5260: Problems with unknown free-form tags
- Orphaned tags can now be properly deleted (as of r26636). After fixing the bug, I was unable to reproduce any of the ...
- 02:10 PM Bug #5271 (New): No-gui mode needs a way to access private data source
- When kepler normally executes a workflow which has actors to access the private data, kepler will prompt a login dial...
- 02:00 PM Bug #5190: 6.0WorkingWithDatasets describes OPeNDAP but not DataTurbine actor
- Added new DataTurbine actor documentation section to 6.0WorkingWithDatasets.
Whoever updates documentation for 2.2 re...
- 02:11 AM Bug #5270 (Resolved): No menu bar and labels when non-default locale is set
- When system's locale is set to other value than en_US, then Kepler starts without menu bar and buttons don't have lab...
- 05:02 PM Bug #5095: test kepler and wrp for memory leaks
- based on the comments 22 and 23, I think it is really hard to fix all memory leaks in Kepler by the code freeze date ...
- 04:43 PM Bug #5095: test kepler and wrp for memory leaks
- Coming up to speed on this.
I've added a step-by-step example of using jvisualvm to find memory leaks. You can find...
- 10:20 AM Bug #5095: test kepler and wrp for memory leaks
- I'm not that surprised that there is a memory leak in the GUI when
a simple model is run just in Ptolemy, outside of ...
- 04:37 PM Bug #5095: test kepler and wrp for memory leaks
- My tests show Kepler has memory leaks for "workflow open, execution and close" and "workflow open, edit and close". M...
- 05:07 AM Bug #5269: Selectordialog and Case actors do not work well together
- RExpression converts the string array to a string scalar. Expression does not.
- 04:54 PM Bug #5269 (New): Selectordialog and Case actors do not work well together
- The Selectordialog actor in Kepler outputs a strange sort of string array that cannot be cast or converted into a str...
- 11:31 PM Bug #5191: GUI improvements to Save As
- BTW - org.kepler.gui.util.ExtensionFileFilter is very similar to
I cleaned up a few cl...
- 05:56 PM Bug #5191: GUI improvements to Save As
- fixed at r26641.
Turns out Kepler has its own ExtensionFileFilter that I previously missed , which is different fro...
- 05:14 PM Bug #5268 (New): Dragging modified version of Sinewave actor to canvas causes gui oddity
- While testing http://bugzilla.ecoinformatics.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5146 , I came across some gui strangeness. To replic...
- 05:04 PM Bug #5267 (New): Changing a ptolemy.kernel.util.Attribute in Kepler gui doesn't work
- While testing http://bugzilla.ecoinformatics.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5146 , I notice if I drag the Sinewave actor to canv...
- 04:55 PM Bug #5266 (Resolved): Two empty boxes inside Sinewave actor and other icon problems for attributes
- While testing http://bugzilla.ecoinformatics.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5146 , this bug was found.
From the Reporting suite...
- 04:39 PM Bug #5146: modifying and saving the composite sinewave actor fails
- Derik tested this too and it looks like the specific issue described here has been fixed. We noticed a few other fun...
- 03:07 PM Bug #5146: modifying and saving the composite sinewave actor fails
- i agreed to test this...
- 02:40 PM Bug #5095: test kepler and wrp for memory leaks
- status update: after the check in yesterday at version 26623, now there is no big memory leak for window open and clo...
- 08:16 AM Bug #5265: Kepler 2.1.0 has omitted the Publish & subscribe actors from Ptolemy
- I found my error (case sensitivity) and am now a happy camper. Sorry to have bothered you.
- 07:23 AM Bug #5265 (Resolved): Kepler 2.1.0 has omitted the Publish & subscribe actors from Ptolemy
- This complementary pair of actors is not present in version 2.1.0 of Kepler for the Mac. I've been trying to "instant...
Also available in: Atom