From 09/13/2009 to 10/12/2009
- 04:55 PM Bug #4362: component search performance
- I've added an advanced button to the Component search that allows the user to configure what they are searching for. ...
- 03:33 PM Bug #4390: Semantic Type tag deletion does not remove component from Ontology in the component library
- close this bug, the component search is only searching over cached items so this no longer applies
- 03:13 PM Bug #4390: Semantic Type tag deletion does not remove component from Ontology in the component library
- I'm a bit unclear on this behavior. If you're saying that the workflow still is
returned on a search for its tag even...
- 03:13 PM Bug #4447 (Resolved): Change Icon for Dynamic Report Items
- Make item for Dynamic Report Items more representative of an actor / worflow component icon.
- 01:11 PM Bug #4446: serialized workflowRuns should have use a date standard
- fixed in r55819. Serialized dates look like 2009-10-12T12:56:36.266-07:00. This isn't the most human readable, but it...
- 12:16 PM Bug #4446 (Resolved): serialized workflowRuns should have use a date standard
- Serialized workflowRuns should use a date standard. I'd also like them to be human readable. I'm currently planning t...
- 03:07 PM Bug #4441: reporting fails to output figure
- Will this workflow ever run on OS X?
- 02:58 PM Bug #4441: reporting fails to output figure
- i'm finding that reporting classes do not seem to be invoked when running this workflow.
have to track it down furthe...
- 12:10 PM Bug #4441: reporting fails to output figure
- what are the R package dependencies i need?
- 09:48 AM Bug #4441: reporting fails to output figure
- is there anything on the console that indicates an error/exception with the FOP rendering?
- 11:48 AM Bug #4399: Highlighting of panel should be more obvious
- The highlighting of the report item panels is now much more obvious. They now change from a very light semi-transpar...
- 11:46 AM Bug #4445 (Resolved): Fix white backgrounds for button images
- The report items now have a semi-transparent green background that makes it easier to distinguish the selected from t...
- 09:43 AM Bug #4440: null pointer exception on viewing report when workflow has not been run
- added check for null last execution id - will not try to continue assembling/rendering report if no execution is found.
- 08:53 AM Bug #4443: gui-free class for provenance store settings
- This is true of the "ReportingListener" as well - it requires that the workflow was authored in the gui (and saved) b...
- 08:48 AM Bug #4436: composite actor output ports cannot be added to reports
- while inconvenient, it sounds like you can still get the Token that passes through this port. sort of a "work around"...
- 02:59 PM Bug #4362: component search performance
- From meeting with Sean and Derik.
NamedOntClass.getName() does not always return the name that appears in the compon...
- 12:29 PM Bug #4443: gui-free class for provenance store settings
- I phrased this awkwardly. When programming I just want an easier way to get a new ProvenanceRecorder for the provenan...
- 09:30 PM Bug #4443: gui-free class for provenance store settings
- This sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I fully understand it.
Could this be a bit further expanded?
Can one not u...
- 05:01 PM Bug #4443 (Resolved): gui-free class for provenance store settings
- It would be nice to have a gui-free class that gives you a new ProvenanceRecorder, created from your currently-in-use...
- 06:57 PM Bug #4325: Workflow Run Manager - deleted runs sometimes reappear after Kepler relaunch
- Decreased write_delay to 100ms in r20931. Needs more testing to check for any performance hit, but so far so good. I ...
- 05:05 PM Bug #4325: Workflow Run Manager - deleted runs sometimes reappear after Kepler relaunch
- Dan and I discussed this, it seems like a likely culprit. I'm going to try to change the write delay to see if it fix...
- 06:40 PM Bug #4444 (Resolved): Reevaluate Cache and Library startup procedure. Restore performance enhancements.
- Need to revisit the startup caching and indexing procedures to see what makes sense with new systems and to restore t...
- 04:43 PM Bug #4325: Workflow Run Manager - deleted runs sometimes reappear after Kepler relaunch
- HSQL delays writing to the file system after updates occur to the database. According to the docs, http://hsqldb.org/...
- 11:04 AM Bug #4362: component search performance
- I have done some timing analysis of the new component search implementation.
There are 3 stages of the new component...
- 05:06 PM Bug #4362: component search performance
- I started to design the second option above this morning to figure out how difficult it would be to do. Turns out it...
- 06:31 PM Bug #4441: reporting fails to output figure
- This problem also occurs on linux.
- 05:48 PM Bug #4441 (Resolved): reporting fails to output figure
- In the Bovine TB TPC workflow (tpc01-buffalo-tb.xml), I can't seem to get any figures to show in the reporting. The ...
- 05:32 PM Bug #4440 (Resolved): null pointer exception on viewing report when workflow has not been run
- If I create a workflow and a report, but do not execute the workflow, then try to view it in the viewer, I get a null...
- 03:57 PM Bug #4396: Add a drag icon to the report item panels
- I think that the new and improved highlighting eliminates the need for this icon. Also added a cross hair cursor when...
- 03:47 PM Bug #4349: clicking Cancel after Data search gives errors.
- I'm unable to get this bug to occur anymore. I'm not sure what fixed it.
I've tried canceling during or after a sear...
- 03:29 PM Bug #4403: Make it more obvious as to where to drag the report items to.
- I have added a background image to the report designer panel that shows an image of a piece of paper, with a folded c...
- 03:27 PM Bug #4399: Highlighting of panel should be more obvious
- I have significantly enhanced the highlighting and selection, but am still in the process of improving it.
- 03:25 PM Bug #4395: Change how we Delete Report Items.
- The way that we delete report items has been changed so that the GUI now shows a small 'delete' button on the right h...
- 03:18 PM Bug #4439 (Resolved): reporting displays output for a different actor
- I can't upload any useful example, so I'll describe how to generate the problem.
1. In Workflow Editor, add 1 SDF ...
- 03:06 PM Bug #4438 (Resolved): View: label shouldn't appear when there's no view drop-down menu
- In certain suites (e.g. workflow-run-manager) the "View:" label shows up even though the corresponding drop-down menu...
- 02:36 PM Bug #4434: Workflow Run Manager - add ability to hide/show columns
- Spent some time on this, checked in code that's not called in r20892. It's not working yet and taking awhile to do, s...
- 02:19 PM Bug #4303: LSID Component Search
- The full path is now properly returned in the results. Searching for KeplerLSIDs in the component library is fully o...
- 12:10 AM Bug #4303: LSID Component Search
- This works now, however the tree path to the object is still not quite right. Close this bug after the full path is ...
- 12:26 PM Bug #3948: Create new configuration system supporting modules
- Current configuration files in kepler:
- 12:26 PM Bug #4436 (Resolved): composite actor output ports cannot be added to reports
- If I have a composite actor with an output port, I cannot add that output port to the report design template. I can ...
- 12:21 AM Bug #4362: component search performance
- Sean and I discussed two possibilities for implementing fast component search today.
One was to use an SQL table tha...
- 12:01 PM Bug #4434 (New): Workflow Run Manager - add ability to hide/show columns
- A user of the workflow run manager should be able to hide or show columns, preferably in the manner shown in this old...
- 11:55 AM Bug #3948: Create new configuration system supporting modules
- Configuration System Requirements agreed upon on 2009.10.02:
1) A module is able to add configuration properties to ...
- 11:54 AM Bug #4394: Need to develop requirements for configuration subsystem
- Since requirements are now decided, I will close this bug. All future posts on this subject should be made to bug 3948.
- 11:53 AM Bug #4394: Need to develop requirements for configuration subsystem
- After having a conference call about the requirements for the config system last friday, I think we are in agreement ...
- 05:43 PM Bug #4327: Workflow Run Manager - ability to import run archives
- This is basically working now, for run-archives as they currently exist (run metadata, workflow, report artifacts).
- 05:17 PM Bug #4346: Searching for Saved Archive (KAR) workflow in default workflow folder gives error
- Recent changes to search should have fixed this. I don't see this error now.
- 05:08 PM Bug #4424: KeplerLSID should implement hashCode
- hashCode is implemented now, there's a JUnit test called KeplerLSIDTest that shows the contains method is working pro...
- 04:50 PM Bug #4400: Parameters should be able to be dragged onto a report
- Provenance can now look up _workflow_ parameters (not just actor parameters).
- 07:23 AM Bug #4324: ptII/module-info/revision.txt not being updated
- revisions.txt has not been updated since 9/17.
bash-3.2$ svn log ptII/module-info/revision.txt
svn log ptII/module-...
- 04:34 PM Bug #4321: Semantic types on workflows saved into library not searchable
- OK, so the search is now implemented as I believe we want it to be implemented. It is currently a very slow way to d...
- 04:02 PM Bug #4338: need to review usability and gui of module manager
- We also need to check:
1) whether the module manager can display new suites as they are published, switch suites eas...
- 03:37 PM Bug #4425: problem with Open Archive with run KAR created in same session
- fixed in r20834. However see bug #4431.
- 05:50 PM Bug #4425 (Resolved): problem with Open Archive with run KAR created in same session
- If you Export Archive from wrm to a kar in your workflows local repo, and then try to open it without first quitting ...
- 03:37 PM Bug #4431 (New): Export Archive actions should share code where possible
- There should be a class with common gui-free export functionality that resides in core (or the like), that files like...
- 03:20 PM Bug #4430 (Resolved): hsql database name and port in Kepler should be configurable
- I can't start Kepler GUI when I have hadoop server running. It complains:
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed...
- 01:43 PM Bug #4429 (New): EML 2 Dataset requires File Extension Filter parameter
- I'm not 100% sure this isn't just a lack of documentation. When using EML 2 Dataset on a compressed data table (so u...
- 05:35 PM Bug #4419: KARFile openKARContents problem with open success
- Have tested more, and this bug seems fixed. There are a few other problems related to opening kar's, but I'll open di...
- 04:42 PM Bug #4424 (Resolved): KeplerLSID should implement hashCode
- KeplerLSID overrides equals, and so it should therefore override hashCode as well.
I suspect this is why doing a ...
- 04:13 PM Bug #4321: Semantic types on workflows saved into library not searchable
- Looking forward to any comments from Shawn or Chad
- 04:05 PM Bug #4321: Semantic types on workflows saved into library not searchable
- If you type the name of an actor in, I would expect the behavior that you described. However, the semantic search co...
- 03:38 PM Bug #4321: Semantic types on workflows saved into library not searchable
- I have looked into this bug a little. After downloading Kepler 1.0.0 I was able to match all the components in an On...
- 01:30 PM Bug #4421: Component Search fails
- Component search is working again, I've made it so that each result is separated in the component library which makes...
- 01:26 PM Bug #4419: KARFile openKARContents problem with open success
- The problem was some missing break statements in KARFile's openKARContents, fixed in r20815. I'll close this bug once...
- 12:50 PM Bug #4394: Need to develop requirements for configuration subsystem
- I have looked at the "requirements" and I noticed that they are fairly low-level. In fact, they aren't all that disti...
- 11:39 AM Bug #4394: Need to develop requirements for configuration subsystem
- Correct, there is no concept of permissions. We discussed this, and decided it would be essentially impossible for a...
- 11:32 AM Bug #4394: Need to develop requirements for configuration subsystem
- Oh, alright. And there's no concept of permissions, right? So any module can change any other module if they know the...
- 11:31 AM Bug #4394: Need to develop requirements for configuration subsystem
- The point is that property names are scoped within their module and namespace in their module, so methods for changin...
- 11:16 AM Bug #4394: Need to develop requirements for configuration subsystem
- I'm curious about the following implementation detail on the wiki:
8) The system will not allow modules to change th...
- 09:26 AM Bug #4421 (Resolved): Component Search fails
- Component search is throwing a ClassCastException.
- 10:27 PM Bug #4411: Remove KAR module prefixes from kar files
- I've checked in the kepler-tasks.jar into module-manager/lib after building it using the "ant task" command. This re...
- 10:23 PM Bug #4411: Remove KAR module prefixes from kar files
- I've modified MakeKars.java in the build-area so the module name does not appear in the kar name.
- 08:17 PM Bug #4419: KARFile openKARContents problem with open success
- I modified ActorMetadataKAREntryHandler to return true upon successfully opening a workflow. This may help. Also th...
- 07:13 PM Bug #4419 (Resolved): KARFile openKARContents problem with open success
- If WorkflowRun KAREntryHandler open method returns true, KARFile openKARContents gives an error. It looks like all en...
- 03:41 PM Bug #4408: Kar upload to repository tries to insert twice
- the uploader was using the karlsid (again) for the metadata.
- 01:39 PM Bug #4408: Kar upload to repository tries to insert twice
- Soooo, metacat is doing an upload and then trying to do an insert of the same id. It looks like kepler is uploading ...
- 10:13 AM Bug #4408: Kar upload to repository tries to insert twice
- Hmm, sounds like this might be an ecogrid - Metacat issue. I'll look into it.
- 10:03 AM Bug #4408 (Resolved): Kar upload to repository tries to insert twice
- When choosing to save a KAR from the workflow canvas and then save to the repository, kepler sends an update request ...
- 01:38 PM Bug #4227: Provenance - use Integer return type in Queryable interface
- These methods now return null if the query has 0 results.
- 12:07 PM Bug #4411 (Resolved): Remove KAR module prefixes from kar files
- We can remove the module prefix from the Makekar function since it is redundant now.
- 12:00 PM Bug #4407: RExpression problems with named non-numeric vectors
- The structure is in place to preserve attribute data and such. Since RExpression is already dumping attribute data f...
- 11:51 AM Bug #4407: RExpression problems with named non-numeric vectors
- I see this as the "token value" that is being used in the myput() function:
structure(c("alpha", "beta"), .Names = c...
- 08:12 AM Bug #4407 (New): RExpression problems with named non-numeric vectors
- RExpression seems to have a problem outputting named non-numeric vectors that is not present with named numeric vecto...
- 11:33 AM Bug #4410: Cannot open KARs from arbitrary location on disk
- Hmmm, another solution is to allow the opening of kars from outside the local repositories. But the next time you op...
- 11:16 AM Bug #4410: Cannot open KARs from arbitrary location on disk
- I would really like to be able to open a KAR from anywhere. This seems like a trivial enhancement - but one that buys...
- 11:12 AM Bug #4410 (Resolved): Cannot open KARs from arbitrary location on disk
- You cannot open a KAR from an arbitrary location on disk, it must reside in a local repository.
One work-around i...
- 11:00 AM Bug #4409 (Resolved): View Documentation for an actor works once
- I can view the documentation for an actor in the actor library once. After that, I can no longer drag actors onto th...
- 03:10 PM Bug #4395: Change how we Delete Report Items.
- Changed the GUI to facilitate this change, but need to revise the underlying approach in order to get this to work.
- 03:08 PM Bug #4400: Parameters should be able to be dragged onto a report
- We can now drag parameters onto a report. But, we still need to get them out of Provenance.
- 08:25 AM Bug #4139: port names are displayed twice
- The org.ecoinformatics.seek.datasource.eml.eml2.Eml200DataSource actor causes
the port names to be displayed twice.
- 06:05 PM Bug #4139: port names are displayed twice
- I apparently can't add an attachment and reopen in the same step.
- 06:04 PM Bug #4139: port names are displayed twice
- I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this up the first time. I probably just got myself mixed up, but if I ...
- 05:41 PM Bug #4139: port names are displayed twice
- I'm marking this as WORKSFORME as the model from bug 4129 does not have
port names displayed twice.
- 05:41 PM Bug #4139: port names are displayed twice
- I'm going to close this because the screenshot does not have duplicate port names.
- 03:45 PM Bug #3801: open dialog, common places pane has white box instead of text
- Fixing Bug 4282 fixed most of these problems. The remaining issue is:
the "Open Archive (KAR)" menu choice still has...
- 03:34 PM Bug #4398: Truncated Names of Dynamic Items
- The names of the dynamic report items are displayed in a shorter format, with the full names available in the tooltip.
- 10:51 AM Bug #4360: Kepler gets slow under XP
- Edward wrote:
> Actually, the most common source of slowness I've seen is when you
> plot very large data sets. The ...
- 04:41 PM Bug #4056: create developer documentation for svn configuration.
- I just noticed this bug after I posted to kepler-dev, so I'm including my post here.
> By default, when a file is ad...
- 03:10 PM Bug #4373: Copyright Statements are Inconsistent
- I fixed a few files in the ptII tree that had the problem of missing
empty lines in the copyright.
- 11:55 AM Bug #4404 (New): DataTurbine actor - instantiating actor without internet gives error msg
- When you create a DataTurbine actor when not connected to the internet you get an error message, since it tries to co...
- 11:28 AM Bug #4403 (Resolved): Make it more obvious as to where to drag the report items to.
- We need to make it more obvious that report items should be dragged to the report designer. Some suggestions were: h...
- 11:23 AM Bug #4402 (Resolved): When a report item is deleted clear the properties window
- When a report item is deleted the properties window should be cleared.
- 11:21 AM Bug #4401 (Resolved): Synchronize properties with selected report item
- Make the properties window show the properties for the report item that is selected.
- 11:19 AM Bug #4400 (Resolved): Parameters should be able to be dragged onto a report
- We need to make it so that parameters can be added to a report
- 11:18 AM Bug #4399 (Resolved): Highlighting of panel should be more obvious
- When the user selects a panel, the highlighting should be less subtle.
- 11:07 AM Bug #4398 (Resolved): Truncated Names of Dynamic Items
- Names of dynamic items should be truncated, with the tool tip showing the whole name.
- 11:06 AM Bug #4397 (Resolved): Panel should get selected whenever it has the focus
- Highlight the panel whenever it has the focus.
- 11:05 AM Bug #4396 (Resolved): Add a drag icon to the report item panels
- Add a drag icon to each of the report item panels. When the use clicks down, holds and drags on this icon, they can ...
- 11:02 AM Bug #4395 (Resolved): Change how we Delete Report Items.
- Instead of selecting the report item and then clicking on the delete button, we want to remove the delete button from...
- 09:54 AM Bug #4360: Kepler gets slow under XP
- Here at Berkeley, lots if people use Ptolemy under XP. I run Ptolemy regularly under Windows 2003 Server R2.
- 07:17 PM Bug #4308: Workflow Run Manager - problem with getWorkflowRunsForExecutions in mysql
- Fixed. The query for workflow runs was not valid in MySQL. Also, by default MySQL throws an exception when querying t...
- 03:45 PM Bug #4326: External Executor actor puts out an extra token when nonzero return
- 03:37 PM Bug #4330: common/resources/configurations/config.xml gets modified during build or run
- Looks like this was fixed by bug 4370 The EcoGridServicesController trying to write persistent data back to the confi...
- 03:35 PM Bug #4370: Changes to Components and Data Preferences disappear on relaunch
- ok, I updated the EcoGridServicesController to persist the values without writing to the config file. Looks like thi...
- 01:47 PM Bug #4370: Changes to Components and Data Preferences disappear on relaunch
- oh no you're right the data source values are not persisting, the component preference values seem ok though.
- 01:44 PM Bug #4370: Changes to Components and Data Preferences disappear on relaunch
- I can't reproduce this. It may have been that the library was not building correctly before and the values weren't g...
- 11:34 AM Bug #4343: remove the full screen button
- I removed the icon in the toolbar and the menu item in the view menu. This can easily be readded by modifying the ui...
- 11:29 AM Bug #3898: update .kepler instead of removing it between versions
- (In reply to comment #11)
This idea (of passing parameter through the Java properties) is exactly what I'd like to h...
- 11:08 AM Bug #3898: update .kepler instead of removing it between versions
- One possible solution would be to have the current devel version of kepler
use .kepler/2.0/ instead of .kepler/
- 09:39 PM Bug #4394: Need to develop requirements for configuration subsystem
- I see that there are some requirements. But, in my opinion, those requirements are: (1) much too low-level. They are ...
- 04:57 PM Bug #4394: Need to develop requirements for configuration subsystem
- I agree that we need requirements and a good design before coding begins. No coding has begun. The current configur...
- 03:53 PM Bug #4394 (Resolved): Need to develop requirements for configuration subsystem
- I have noticed some development activity with respect to configuration that seems to consist of developing a fairly l...
- 04:17 PM Bug #4191: Eclipse build is slow the first time "Copying resources to the output folder"
- I have explored this problem a little further. Turns out Eclipse will copy all the .svn folders to the classes direc...
- 06:37 PM Bug #4392 (Resolved): Delete KARCacheObject
- KARCacheObject should no longer be used. Delete this class and clean up any dependencies on it.
- 03:40 PM Bug #4312: Clicking cancel on "sure you want to exit" dialog exits anyway
- I fixed this bug by using code from TableauFrame to handle the exit instead of using the exit action itself. The pro...
- 11:41 PM Bug #4390 (Resolved): Semantic Type tag deletion does not remove component from Ontology in the component library
- When I open a workflow that has a semantic type in the WRP suite I see the semantic type at the top of the window wit...
- 12:40 PM Bug #4388: remove the ptII module
- Yes, ppod is a "module" with no source code (what I call a "suite"), just a description.txt and a modules.txt in modu...
- 12:20 PM Bug #4388: remove the ptII module
- I think that would now be "ant change-to -Dsuite=ptolemy". Putting the module-info directory in a non-standard locati...
- 12:14 PM Bug #4388: remove the ptII module
- I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused. I thought ptII was a suite meant to enable Kepler developers to run Ptolemy fr...
- 12:05 PM Bug #4388: remove the ptII module
- Why can't we just create module-info as a top level directory in Ptolemy?
Otherwise, I object to deleting the ptII d...
- 11:09 AM Bug #4388: remove the ptII module
- I think ptII/adm/kepler/module-info would work fine. I'll have to take a look at the build system to see how to chan...
- 11:06 AM Bug #4388: remove the ptII module
- Ah, right, the module-info directory.
This could go in ptII/adm/kepler/module-info.
adm is not shipped as part of the...
- 10:50 AM Bug #4388: remove the ptII module
- The ptII module actually does provide functionality. It contains the metadata needed to build ptolemy successfully. ...
- 10:40 AM Bug #4388 (Resolved): remove the ptII module
- Now that the copy of Top.java has been removed, the ptII module should
be removed as it contains no .java files and ...
- 12:35 PM Bug #4324: ptII/module-info/revision.txt not being updated
- Excellent. For whatever reason, the cron job on Pantara was not running. Hopefully this works.
- 12:28 PM Bug #4324: ptII/module-info/revision.txt not being updated
- I created a script that lives on code.kepler-project.org (ceres) to do this. It is set to run in a cron job every da...
Also available in: Atom