From 07/29/2009 to 08/27/2009
- 05:55 PM Bug #4010: RExpression2 - tracking for backwards compatibility
- One question that I'm not sure of. Are created variables being cleaned between instances of R? Variable passing sho...
- 05:06 PM Bug #4345: KAR/Module documentation
- 04:58 PM Bug #4010: RExpression2 - tracking for backwards compatibility
- That works!
- 04:42 PM Bug #4010: RExpression2 - tracking for backwards compatibility
- Yup. It should parse and eval the file in .GlobalEnv as if it were typed in interactively. I don't think we need an...
- 04:00 PM Bug #4010: RExpression2 - tracking for backwards compatibility
- 03:56 PM Bug #4010: RExpression2 - tracking for backwards compatibility
- With regards to Comment #5, why not just write the script to file, then have JRI eval a source command. R will handl...
- 02:06 PM Bug #4010: RExpression2 - tracking for backwards compatibility
- Testing JRI with the SANParks TPC workflows. Because of how the R code is sent to JRI and executed, we have to do som...
- 03:52 PM Bug #1750: Allow KAR files to include jar/class files
- Currently evaluating the necessity of this based on further documentation and group discussion.
- 08:58 AM Bug #1750: Allow KAR files to include jar/class files
- Seems this is a long standing issue that requires further discussion.
Any pointers to design documents or similar?
- 02:57 PM Bug #4299: Kepler needs to be evaluated to determine when native (AWT) widgets would be preferable to Swing widgets.
- major gui changes postponed to after 2.0.
- 02:57 PM Bug #4347 (Resolved): Reminder "bug" for manual testing before 2.0 release
- Before release, we should devote some time for manual testing--e.g. test some other developer's area of Kepler, looki...
- 02:55 PM Bug #4295: Create advanced toolbar support.
- major gui changes postponed to after 2.0.
- 02:11 PM Bug #4346 (Resolved): Searching for Saved Archive (KAR) workflow in default workflow folder gives error
- If I make a workflow, then Save Archive (KAR) and save it into a kar (giving it some semantic type) into the new defa...
- 02:04 PM Bug #4345 (Resolved): KAR/Module documentation
- need to document exactly what a module is and what a KAR is and how they relate
-- can a KAR go in a module, or vic...
- 01:29 PM Bug #4344 (Resolved): Open Workflow from library
- Currently you can open a KAR file by right clicking on it in the library and opening it. Also want to be able to ope...
- 10:57 AM Bug #4343 (Resolved): remove the full screen button
- The full screen button on the toolbar does nothing and should be removed before the 2.0 release.
Bug 2369, comment...
- 10:28 AM Bug #4282: Duplicate of ptolemy.gui.Top
- "Being able to invoke vergil from the build system is separate functionality
from being able to invoke the module man...
- 10:21 AM Bug #4282: Duplicate of ptolemy.gui.Top
- Though overrides are not technically "bugs," they do represent the potential for many true bugs in the future. We ha...
- 09:47 AM Bug #4282: Duplicate of ptolemy.gui.Top
- Being able to invoke vergil from the build system is separate functionality
from being able to invoke the module mana...
- 09:33 AM Bug #4282: Duplicate of ptolemy.gui.Top
- Christopher -
An override is not a bug. That you entered it into Bugzilla does not change that.
You may be right (...
- 09:00 AM Bug #4282: Duplicate of ptolemy.gui.Top
- The point is that the duplicate version of Top is a bug that was added
for functionality that no one uses, which is t...
- 05:14 AM Bug #4282: Duplicate of ptolemy.gui.Top
- A hook allowing the extension of ptolemy rather than an override is fine.
I think I was more responding to the view ...
- 11:27 PM Bug #4282: Duplicate of ptolemy.gui.Top
- The functional changes needed in Top should just be refactored as extensions to the existing Top so that they can coe...
- 07:16 PM Bug #4282: Duplicate of ptolemy.gui.Top
- (In reply to comment #1)
> Get rid of override in ptII
I am not sure what the substance of this reply is. I think...
- 06:50 PM Bug #4292: Menu items should display the same icon as buttons with the same functionality.
- Will the 2.0 config system allow this to be done in 2.x.y, or does this sound more like a 3.0 feature?
- 06:43 PM Bug #4310: ValueListeners receive valueChanged events when values have not changed
- getValueAsString sounds like a "read only" activity, so I understand that a "valueChanged" event is a surprise, if no...
- 06:27 PM Bug #4316: re-evaluate how kars are managed in the build and runtime
- Can someone post here a link to any further documentation about how the "KAR system" is supposed to work? Then we cou...
- 04:52 PM Bug #4342 (Resolved): apple-extensions module on windows make Eclipse build difficult
- on windows
check out a fresh kepler suite
do an "ant eclipse" command
import modules to eclipse (except for the ap...
- 04:26 PM Bug #4320: Component Library Folders and Popup Menus
- Look, it's different now, if a delete function worked when everything was stored in the database then it's probably n...
- 04:18 PM Bug #4320: Component Library Folders and Popup Menus
- Kepler used to have at least some of these functions, such as the ability to delete a component from the Library. Se...
- 04:14 PM Bug #4150: Save in Library broken
- Evaluate whether there are any issues getting actors to save as KAR and show up in Library. If not, close this bug.
- 04:10 PM Bug #4321: Semantic types on workflows saved into library not searchable
- This problem is a regression from previous functioning behavior, likely related to changes in how the library indices...
- 04:06 PM Bug #4330: common/resources/configurations/config.xml gets modified during build or run
- This should get fixed when the configuration system gets reworked.
- 03:59 PM Bug #4104: Need resource manager to handle objects in the resources directories
- It's pretty easy to get resources from the resources directory right now, so this could be revisited when we talk abo...
- 03:58 PM Bug #4334: Rename actor from canvas
- Opening the 'Rename' dialog before saving the KAR is not mandatory.
- 03:42 PM Bug #4334: Rename actor from canvas
- I agree with Derik that we need to normalize this user experience so that saving uses the familiar paradigm. Having ...
- 03:03 PM Bug #4334: Rename actor from canvas
- Isn't popping up a Save As dialog when a file has never been saved and still has a default name normal and expected? ...
- 01:49 PM Bug #4334: Rename actor from canvas
- This is an enhancement, though I understand that some might see the extra
dialog box that is popped up as a bug.
- 11:34 AM Bug #4334 (Resolved): Rename actor from canvas
- Add "Configure Name" right-click functionality to canvas. This allows a user to change the default name of a workflo...
- 03:54 PM Bug #4341 (New): rearrange the actors module into smaller modules
- I'll create a list of proposed modules for the actors currently all lumped together in the actors module. The new mo...
- 03:37 PM Bug #4056: create developer documentation for svn configuration.
- Moving the documentation of the problem to post 2.0.0 is fine, but
if you ship 2.0.0 under Linux, then it looks like ...
- 03:19 PM Bug #4056: create developer documentation for svn configuration.
- This is a documentation problem where we need to improve developer documentation to instruct people to use an svn con...
- 03:30 PM Bug #4316: re-evaluate how kars are managed in the build and runtime
- Several people do not think that kars should be checked into SVN so there needs to be a discussion amongst stake hold...
- 03:28 PM Bug #4247: Application menu items sometimes disappear on OS X
- I am able to reproduce this bug following the steps in comment #4 (on my mac).
- 02:07 PM Bug #4247: Application menu items sometimes disappear on OS X
- Derik, could you repro this bug on a different machine than your mac? If so, could you recomment here and tell us ho...
- 03:13 PM Bug #3801: open dialog, common places pane has white box instead of text
- moving to 2.x.y because fixing 4282 will handle most of the problems. fix the gui problems after the 2.0 release.
- 03:13 PM Bug #3801: open dialog, common places pane has white box instead of text
- Fixing 4282 will fix this bug.
- 03:12 PM Bug #4273: Ctrl+E operates on mouse position, not selection
- I just tried it and it happens to me too, using head, on both mac and linux.
- 03:08 PM Bug #4273: Ctrl+E operates on mouse position, not selection
- Verify this. If it is a bug, look into the ptolemy handler that handles this event.
- 03:12 PM Bug #4282: Duplicate of ptolemy.gui.Top
- Get rid of override in ptII
- 02:58 PM Bug #4285: workflow canvas does not repack to fill empty space when top window is resized
- Verify which jvm/window manager/OS this occurs on. Have not seen this on windows or OSX. If this is not widespread ...
- 02:52 PM Bug #4324: ptII/module-info/revision.txt not being updated
- The revision.txt file needs to be updated each night if the ptII build succeeds. I was under the impression that thi...
- 02:52 PM Bug #4310: ValueListeners receive valueChanged events when values have not changed
- Calling getValueAsString on Distributor.input_tokenConsumptionRate always generates a value changed event.
- 02:26 PM Bug #4310: ValueListeners receive valueChanged events when values have not changed
- The implications for this are not clear. Sounds like it is a serious bug that should be fixed, but we need a more de...
- 02:49 PM Bug #4292: Menu items should display the same icon as buttons with the same functionality.
- Moving GUI enhancements to 2.x.y
- 02:48 PM Bug #4333: KeplerLSID AuthNamespace web service
- This should be installed and maintained as part of the kepler repository. This functionality should be added to that...
- 11:16 AM Bug #4333 (Resolved): KeplerLSID AuthNamespace web service
- Currently Kepler is pinging my desktop machine to get a unique authority and namespace. We should create a more robu...
- 02:44 PM Bug #4340 (Resolved): Resolve KAR file/module format
- We need to resolve the differences between the KAR file format and the module format because we have two different wa...
- 02:43 PM Bug #4294: Kepler should meet established accessibility guidelines.
- Moving GUI upgrades to 2.X.Y.
- 02:39 PM Bug #4314: exception when searching ecogrid
- Verify this is still happening, close this bug if not.
- 02:36 PM Bug #4311: Build system appears to lock if there is a conflict upon update
- Conflicts are common when multiple people work on a file. This needs to get fixed for 2.0. Need to provide a way f...
- 02:34 PM Bug #4281: ant update produces message about running svn cleanup
- This happens on any platform when SVN doesn't complete an operation successfully and leaves the working copy in a loc...
- 02:28 PM Bug #4219: "Kepler Repositories" should be retrieved from the registry
- This can be done via an upgrade to the ecogrid module and so should be able to be handled in a module-specific releas...
- 02:23 PM Bug #4287: Separate user error messages from developer error messages.
- Pushing to 2.x.y when we will make other gui changes.
- 02:22 PM Bug #2493: actor repository tracking bug
- Need to verify that saving to the repository is working seamlessly for both Uploading components and workflows, as we...
- 02:18 PM Bug #3672: Open/Save Workflow as KAR Archive
- Import/Export of KARs is now really the Save function, so should be named as such in the menus. Plus complete items ...
- 02:16 PM Bug #4312: Clicking cancel on "sure you want to exit" dialog exits anyway
- This bug can cause you to lose your workflow if you accidentally quit kepler, then try to cancel quitting.
- 02:05 PM Bug #4338: need to review usability and gui of module manager
- We also need to check to make sure that the module manager can successfully upgrade existing modules without breaking...
- 01:32 PM Bug #4338 (Resolved): need to review usability and gui of module manager
- The module manager is complete and functioning, but has not been reviewed by the broader community. Because it is a ...
- 02:01 PM Bug #4179: ant jar does not include configs/
- Ptolemy requires configs to be at the root in the common module. In general we want all resources like configs to go...
- 01:52 PM Bug #4339 (New): build system needs to provide more information on modules
- The build system has a 'describe' task that will svn cat the description.txt file of any module. This is a good star...
- 01:35 PM Bug #4246: Reorganize code in util, core and gui modules
- add a page to the wiki to describe the new module structure and what packages/functionality go into which module.
- 09:07 AM Bug #4246: Reorganize code in util, core and gui modules
- newly created modules from util module classes:
- 01:18 PM Bug #3898: update .kepler instead of removing it between versions
- Progress has been made, but there's still work to be done. There are two main directories in which things can be sto...
- 01:10 PM Bug #4337 (Resolved): 1.0 -> 2.0 upgrade issues tracking bug
- We need to come up with a set of issues to handle the upgrade between kepler 1.0 and kepler 2.0. The upgrade path sh...
- 01:01 PM Bug #1750: Allow KAR files to include jar/class files
- This issue needs clarification as to why the module format and the kar format need to be separate. It seems that bot...
- 12:50 PM Bug #3948: Create new configuration system supporting modules
- This bug now focuses exclusively on creating a new configuration system for
managing configuration properties. It do...
- 12:46 PM Bug #4336 (Resolved): Merge the old configuration systems
- Migrate existing configuration files to use the new configuration system described in bug 3948. Functionality should...
- 11:42 AM Bug #4335 (Resolved): Component Library icons do not show correctly after searching
- The icons in the component library do not show up correctly after searching for a component. This seems to be a prob...
- 01:45 PM Bug #4330 (Resolved): common/resources/configurations/config.xml gets modified during build or run
gets modified at some point in the build or run.
module directories ar...
- 11:50 AM Bug #3898: update .kepler instead of removing it between versions
- Rick Moore writes:
Turns out that DBConnectionFactory gets it's path from DotKeplerManager. Here are the files/lines...
- 11:27 AM Bug #3898: update .kepler instead of removing it between versions
- This bug was discussed in kepler-users:
Ben Leinfelder writes:
> The path is specified in DBConnectionFacto...
- 05:58 PM Bug #4302: display actor window does not rename
- I fixed this.
Note that the Plotters, the MatrixViewer and the InteractiveShell all
had similar issues.
My solution ...
- 05:57 PM Bug #4302: display actor window does not rename
- This bug can be reproduced in Ptolemy. I'm lowering the priority slightly
and about to fix it.
- 11:27 AM Bug #4197: Waterflow TPC demo - tracking bug
- now using OrderedRecordTokens and OrderedRecordAssembler to do things "correctly" (no ptolemy overrides)
- 10:02 AM Bug #4246: Reorganize code in util, core and gui modules
- Forgot to mention in the last comment that I also created a opendap module for the opendap functionality. Other modu...
- 06:23 PM Bug #4325: Workflow Run Manager - deleted runs sometimes reappear after Kepler relaunch
- Now I'm unable to reproduce the error from the procedure in comment #2, even though I'd done it a few times. Maybe so...
- 06:08 PM Bug #4325: Workflow Run Manager - deleted runs sometimes reappear after Kepler relaunch
- If you:
- Launch Kepler
- Run a workflow twice.
- Export the 2nd run.
- Delete the 2nd run
- Close and relaunch, the ...
- 05:53 PM Bug #4325: Workflow Run Manager - deleted runs sometimes reappear after Kepler relaunch
- Also: If instead of deleting the third run, you delete the second run (the one you exported), and then close and rela...
- 04:33 PM Bug #4132: Workflow Run Manager - Open in New Window is just opening the workflow, not the ROML or report
- I remembered why I've been punting on this: the dependency issues. When opening a run via the workflow-run-manager, i...
- 11:54 AM Bug #4328 (New): change-to command checks out across branches
- If kepler is currently in a branch, the change-to command should not update from the trunk. Once a branch is selecte...
- 10:48 AM Bug #4327 (New): Workflow Run Manager - ability to import run archives
- Workflow Run Manager needs ability to import archives.
User A runs a few workflows a few times, export...
- 10:42 AM Bug #4246: Reorganize code in util, core and gui modules
- Did a major reorg of util. Created 4 new modules: ecogrid, gui, authentication and authentication-gui. Moved most, ...
- 02:49 AM Bug #4326 (Resolved): External Executor actor puts out an extra token when nonzero return
- If you have a external execution actor with PN director, and the external execution actor calls a script, say...
- 06:49 PM Bug #4136: Workflow Run Manager - date and duration search should allow single operator-less arguments
- Changing this to an enhancement request -- single operator-less queries are disabled so user can no longer get these ...
- 05:18 PM Bug #4231: Workflow Run Manager - failed runs should be highlighted red
- All errors for an execution are now placed in the WorkflowRun class. The serialized form probably needs to be improve...
- 05:14 PM Bug #4325 (Resolved): Workflow Run Manager - deleted runs sometimes reappear after Kepler relaunch
- To reproduce:
- Launch Kepler
- Run a workflow twice.
- Export the 2nd run.
- Run the workflow again.
- Delete t...
- 05:11 PM Bug #4140: Workflow Run Manager - delete runs functionality needs to be written
- Going to open a new bug for issue in #5, closing.
- 03:51 PM Bug #3925: ant run does not always work from paths with spaces
- I think this actually got fixed some revision in the past. At least, it works for me now.
- 12:02 PM Bug #4324 (Resolved): ptII/module-info/revision.txt not being updated
- The bug is that ptII/module-info/revision.txt has not been updated since
August 3. The problem is that the Kepler t...
- 10:49 AM Bug #4246: Reorganize code in util, core and gui modules
- Util module todos:
-Move ecogrid classes to their own module. This includes org.ecoinformatics.seek.ecogrid.*, org....
- 04:17 PM Bug #4319: LibraryManager
- I could easily be wrong about this and it could be a bug.
However, it is worded like an enhancement. To me, a bug is...
- 12:22 PM Bug #4319: LibraryManager
- The bug here was just poor API design (or more likely an unfinished API). The library was dependent solely on the li...
- 07:47 AM Bug #4319: LibraryManager
- This looks interesting, though it seems to be a feature request?
There could be a bug here, it should be stated more ...
- 03:18 PM Bug #4002: RExpression2 - handle arbitrary R data structures
- tests the various structures are transferred by the JRI implementation.
- 03:14 PM Bug #4002: RExpression2 - handle arbitrary R data structures
- in the example cases given, all but the structure produced by ~ were transferred from one R actor the the other.
- 02:46 PM Bug #4278: Changes to a reopened KAR are not saved to the new KAR
- Also tried saving the modified workflow to a different .kar file, but the changes are still lost when i open the new ...
- 01:27 PM Bug #4246: Reorganize code in util, core and gui modules
- Removed the last gui class from core. Now moving on to reorganize util. Hopefully will move all gui classes into th...
- 12:49 PM Bug #4323 (In Progress): Add the "send to back" menu to kepler
- Ptolemy has an appearance/send to back menu that is not in kepler. We should add this and similar menus to the keple...
- 12:06 PM Bug #4320: Component Library Folders and Popup Menus
- Shawn, Kepler's library is now built from KAR files stored on disk in folders referred to as "Local Repositories". T...
- 10:43 AM Bug #4320: Component Library Folders and Popup Menus
- Addressing Christopher's comment, I think what this makes this entry "bug-ish" is that the Component Library looks li...
- 07:57 AM Bug #4320: Component Library Folders and Popup Menus
- I think this also assumes components are fundamentally stored on disk, and if stored on disk, in a meaningful place. ...
- 07:45 AM Bug #4320: Component Library Folders and Popup Menus
- I think this is a feature request, not a bug.
A bug is behavior of a currently implemented feature that does not work...
- 11:41 AM Bug #4322: Attempting to save changes to a workflow saved in a KAR file fails
- It should prompt you to resave it in the KAR from which it originally came. If you don't want to overwrite that exist...
- 11:32 AM Bug #4322 (Resolved): Attempting to save changes to a workflow saved in a KAR file fails
- The following fails:
1) Create new workflow
2) Instantiate a Constant actor
3) Right click on canvas and Save Ar...
- 11:25 AM Bug #4321 (Resolved): Semantic types on workflows saved into library not searchable
- Assigning semantic types to a workflow is recommended when saving it into a KAR file (where it is then visible in the...
- 10:13 AM Bug #4305: Move actor classes into the actors module
- All actors in util, common and core have now been moved to the actors module. There are no director classes in keple...
- 09:10 AM Bug #4285: workflow canvas does not repack to fill empty space when top window is resized
- *** Bug 4297 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- 09:10 AM Bug #4297: Kepler needs a new layout manager.
- Duplicate of
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of ...
- 09:08 AM Bug #4297: Kepler needs a new layout manager.
- We should follow the Java i18n standard of managing internationalization
- 09:01 AM Bug #4291: The main menu bar should not change based on the location of focus.
- I believe this is a Mac OS X specific bug, so I'm changing the Hardware and OS.
I'm also lowering this in priority be...
- 08:30 AM Bug #4290: Separate the GUI from the execution engine.
- Ptolemy has always made a distinction between the execution engine and
the GUI. Clearly defining any issues in Keple...
- 08:23 AM Bug #4289: Develop strategy for using assertions in the GUI
- Using more assertions, perhaps combined with a speed/safety strategy would be
I'm marking this as an enhancem...
- 08:22 AM Bug #4288: Develop GUI error handling strategy.
- Having some exceptions that cause immediate failure and some that allow
execution to continue is an interesting resea...
- 08:08 AM Bug #4287: Separate user error messages from developer error messages.
- The way to fix this bug is that each time a nonsensical error message
appears, then we need to know what the stack t...
- 02:30 PM Bug #2963: Add data structure for tabular data and associated metadata
- I've introduced an OrderedRecordToken to ptolemy - it preserves the original order of the RecordToken.
- 02:15 PM Bug #4037: WRM - connect to Kepler-wide configurable provenance store
- Provenance configuration is now using the cache's HSQLDB and is not configurable by a normal user (developers can cha...
- 12:09 PM Bug #4320 (Resolved): Component Library Folders and Popup Menus
- The Component Library is the most used graphical component in Kepler. It is in essence the "Control Panel" for build...
- 11:52 AM Bug #4319 (Resolved): LibraryManager
- The Component library was being built with an Index which made it difficult to dynamically add and remove components ...
- 11:22 AM Bug #4141: EML 2 Dataset breaks when data table has 2 columns with the same name
- appending "_n" for duplicate Attribute names.
- 08:46 AM Bug #4310: ValueListeners receive valueChanged events when values have not changed
- We need a test case for this.
- 08:42 AM Bug #4306: add command line params to the configuration
- Here's some email about this. Note that adding a separate CommandLineArgs
solution might not work with PN:
- 08:37 AM Bug #4306: add command line params to the configuration
- Adding another class is not as clean a solution as having this information
in the Configuration. The reason is that ...
- 08:15 AM Bug #4318: RExpression NA converts to string "nil", not value nil
- BTW - the test case should probably be checked in and run
as part of the nightly build so that this bug stays fixed.
- 04:42 PM Bug #4318: RExpression NA converts to string "nil", not value nil
- Ok, now I'm just getting confused again. How many different nils are there? Is there a simple way to robustly test ...
- 04:24 PM Bug #4318: RExpression NA converts to string "nil", not value nil
- I've changed to use StringToken.NIL when we encounter NA objects in R.
This is still different than Token.NIL. String...
- 02:57 PM Bug #4318 (Resolved): RExpression NA converts to string "nil", not value nil
- When RExpression exports an NA value, it gets converted to the string "nil", not the actual nil value. See attached ...
- 02:56 PM Bug #4317 (Resolved): KAR's dependencies on modules need to be included in KAR metadata
- When starting Kepler with a kar in a local repository that needs a module that is not in the current suite, a ClassNo...
- 02:47 PM Bug #4316 (Resolved): re-evaluate how kars are managed in the build and runtime
- Currently modules have a /resources/kar directory containing a folder corresponding to each kar. This folder is chec...
- 09:30 AM Bug #4278: Changes to a reopened KAR are not saved to the new KAR
- I tried running this in the 'kepler' suite and still had the same behavior. Here is what I did:
-open existing demo w...
- 05:08 PM Bug #4247: Application menu items sometimes disappear on OS X
- Here are a few ways to get this to occur just using the kepler suite.
1) Drag a String Length actor to canvas.
- 03:54 PM Bug #4087: No reset/x button to clear component searches
- First, it works on Windows. The current behavior is functional and convenient. It's good enough to use for now.
- 02:48 PM Bug #4087: No reset/x button to clear component searches
- That seems like a good idea, though the concept of "search button pushed" needs to include hitting Enter, and "Cancel...
- 02:39 PM Bug #4087: No reset/x button to clear component searches
- How about this policy:
-Deactivated Cancel button until Search button is pushed
-Activated Cancel button until Cancel...
- 02:38 PM Bug #4087: No reset/x button to clear component searches
- make sure to test this on Windows please
- 02:30 PM Bug #4087: No reset/x button to clear component searches
- It works now, but see comment #3. I took a quick look at doing that and it seemed more effort than it's worth. Chad c...
- 02:21 PM Bug #4087: No reset/x button to clear component searches
- Component searches that hit the network could take a bit longer..."Cancel" would be nice in those situations.
Um, I ...
- 03:34 PM Bug #4247: Application menu items sometimes disappear on OS X
- I've found a way to make this happen: delete a run w/ the WRM.
Once you select delete from the context WRM context m...
- 12:11 PM Bug #4247: Application menu items sometimes disappear on OS X
- I just tried to force this to happen in the wrp and kepler suites and could not make it happen. Is this still happen...
- 03:32 PM Bug #4140: Workflow Run Manager - delete runs functionality needs to be written
- Now also deleting runs from CacheManager and ObjectManager when doing a delete in r20276.
I was going to close this b...
- 02:52 PM Bug #4278: Changes to a reopened KAR are not saved to the new KAR
- This bug is fixed in the Kepler suite, it still has problems in the WRP suite because RIOs do not get cached/saved pr...
- 02:44 PM Bug #4314: exception when searching ecogrid
- I also see this error when trying to access the data from one of the dragged "cans":
[run] ERROR (org.ecoinformatics...
- 02:42 PM Bug #4314 (Resolved): exception when searching ecogrid
- When I try to search the ecogrid via kepler, I get a long exception (below). To reproduce, go to the data tab in kep...
- 02:18 PM Bug #4312: Clicking cancel on "sure you want to exit" dialog exits anyway
- I'm not seeing this on XP.
- 12:08 PM Bug #4312: Clicking cancel on "sure you want to exit" dialog exits anyway
- I saw this on OSX, not sure if it does the same thing on windows/linux.
- 12:08 PM Bug #4312 (Resolved): Clicking cancel on "sure you want to exit" dialog exits anyway
- If you have an unsaved workflow and you quit kepler, you'll get the "would you like to save your workflow dialog with...
- 02:03 PM Bug #4313: Workflow Run Manager - duplicate rows shown for same execution
- fixed in r20272. The problem was with the query statement for getting runs, which was returning multiple rows per exe...
- 01:21 PM Bug #4313 (Resolved): Workflow Run Manager - duplicate rows shown for same execution
- Sometimes more than one row shows up in the Workflow Run Manager for the same execution. I saw this happen for the fi...
- 12:11 PM Bug #3991: large workflow errors
- Just tried it on trunk suite=wrp and was able to open the large ('both.xml') workflow.
When I ran it I got a provenan...
- 11:52 AM Bug #4008: EML 2 Dataset throws errors when accessing public data from mixed public/private datasets
- still display warning messages when there is mixed public/private data that prevents a perfect datapackage download, ...
- 11:48 AM Bug #4311 (Resolved): Build system appears to lock if there is a conflict upon update
- When you do an 'ant update' if a conflict is encountered by svn, the build system appears to lock up. Probably need ...
- 11:34 AM Bug #4310 (New): ValueListeners receive valueChanged events when values have not changed
- A ValueListener sometimes receives events for a Settable when the Settable's value has not changed. This can lead to ...
- 11:12 AM Bug #4287: Separate user error messages from developer error messages.
- Need to check all error messages to make sure they make sense and that an appropriate message is actually displayed. ...
- 11:05 AM Bug #4246: Reorganize code in util, core and gui modules
- Bug 4305 goes along with this bug.
- 10:11 AM Bug #3893: EML 2 Dataset not working with local data
- allow the use of the entityTable name when constructing the datacache object - otherwise only one (seemingly arbitrar...
- 07:21 PM Bug #4308 (Resolved): Workflow Run Manager - problem with getWorkflowRunsForExecutions in mysql
- Dan gets an error from WRM when using a mysql provenance store:
[run] org.kepler.provenance.QueryException: Unable...
- 04:22 PM Bug #4306: add command line params to the configuration
- Fixed with an alternative solution.
Now, all the command-line args can be iterated through anywhere from Kepler with...
- 03:50 PM Bug #4306: add command line params to the configuration
- I'm off work this week, but I would support adding the command line
arguments to the Configuration. I would consider...
- 02:19 PM Bug #4306 (In Progress): add command line params to the configuration
- There's been a request to have an actor know what the command line params were when Kepler was started. It should be...
- 03:18 PM Bug #4097: here are some new svg icons for actors
- Evaluate these and see if we should include them in 2.0.
- 03:11 PM Bug #4171: dragging actor to canvas then back to component tree area gives NPE
- I confirmed that this does not happen in the kepler suite. there might be something weird going on with the override...
- 02:54 PM Bug #4250: Add other suites to the nightly build
- I've haven't had any requests to add more suites to the nightly build so I'm going to close this for now. Any suites...
- 02:47 PM Bug #4299: Kepler needs to be evaluated to determine when native (AWT) widgets would be preferable to Swing widgets.
- Need to wait for OSX to support this version of java before we can require it.
- 02:44 PM Bug #4290: Separate the GUI from the execution engine.
- I've gotten off to a good start isolating the execution engine itself. I've added a target to the build called 'buil...
- 01:36 PM Bug #4087: No reset/x button to clear component searches
- With r20263 now using the Cancel button to do resets.
The Cancel button is clickable at all times--this is probably...
- 12:39 PM Bug #3985: Types resolved to unacceptable types
- Added a check during preinitialize() that will find unknown-to-unknown connections and set the RExpression unknown-ty...
- 11:27 AM Bug #3985: Types resolved to unacceptable types
- from the RExpression actor we won't "know" the type of the port until the R script executes and we're emitting/readin...
- 10:54 AM Bug #4129: "unable to parse the metadata: null" with dataset judithk.306.21
- Revision is now at 306.22 - this seems to work with a clean cache from the trunk of kepler.
i'm not getting the metad...
- 03:13 PM Bug #4305 (Resolved): Move actor classes into the actors module
- This will facilitate better modularization of kepler. Right now, the actors (and directors) are described in the act...
- 02:47 PM Bug #4147: Error message with selectable text
- Now I'm seeing a frame that is too small to accommodate the text and the buttons - they are chopped off.
The text is...
- 02:08 PM Bug #4285: workflow canvas does not repack to fill empty space when top window is resized
- Another manifestation of this (?) bug (on Ubuntu) is that if you run Kepler on a display not big enough (in the verti...
- 11:46 AM Bug #4304 (Resolved): Progress monitor is blank when authenticating for KAR upload
- When I do "Save Archive (KAR)" I go through many steps (dialogs popping up everywhere). But after I enter my authenti...
- 11:40 AM Bug #4274: Metacat authentication fails under trunk, not under pre-alpha branch
- Made the LDAP GUI not a singleton.
Changed the synchronization for the methods.
Seems to be working in these cases:
- 11:38 AM Bug #3273: Improve authentication dialogue so that the reason for authentication is clear
- Readded the Domain to the title
- 05:17 PM Bug #4303 (Resolved): LSID Component Search
- Add ability to search for objects in the component library by their LSID.
- 04:38 PM Bug #4302 (Resolved): display actor window does not rename
- The Display actor creates a window with the same name as the actor. However, when the actor is renamed, the window is...
- 04:23 PM Bug #4019: Workflow View in left pane
- this is working pretty well now, closing it out
- 04:22 PM Bug #4055: leftover cachedata files
- nevermind, those files are ok
- 04:21 PM Bug #4232: LibraryIndex Unique Identifier
- turns out this was being handled ok, closing this out
- 03:24 PM Bug #3639: Report design features, Stage 3
- I am closing this bug because I think that at the time that these design features were proposed, they seemed to be us...
- 09:47 AM Bug #4274: Metacat authentication fails under trunk, not under pre-alpha branch
- I've been trying to get this working as it was in pre-alpha, but it's hanging forever on the controllingDialog.dispos...
- 12:55 PM Bug #4112: make kepler use OSX dialog boxes
- The easiest way to use java.awt.FileDialog for File =>Open etc. would be
to modify ptolemy.gui.Top. Modifyig ptolemy...
- 06:24 PM Bug #4134: Workflow Run Manager - double clicking on search cell shouldn't sort column
- Fixed in r20212.
- 04:27 PM Bug #4300 (New): Animate at Runtime" checkbox stays checked when director is replaced
- If you enable run-time animation of a workflow and then swap in a different director, the "Animate at Runtime" menu i...
- 03:48 PM Bug #4135: Workflow Run Manager - default sorting (by date) should be applied
- Fixed in r20209.
- 03:26 PM Bug #4299 (New): Kepler needs to be evaluated to determine when native (AWT) widgets would be preferable to Swing widgets.
- After Java 1.6 update 12, it is acceptable to mix Swing and AWT. In many cases, AWT is superior, because it makes use...
- 03:22 PM Bug #4298 (New): The GUI should sensibly support internalization.
- The text of all buttons should be either stored in resource bundles or there should be an easy mechanism to make conf...
- 03:18 PM Bug #4297 (Resolved): Kepler needs a new layout manager.
- The layout manager we currently use fails miserably when run in Linux. If you try to resize Kepler, the canvas and ot...
- 03:12 PM Bug #4296 (New): All open Kepler windows should be visible from a Window menu item.
- It is standard procedure for applications to have a Window menu item that lists all open windows. We need this featur...
- 03:10 PM Bug #4295 (New): Create advanced toolbar support.
- It should be possible to specify a set of one or more default toolbars that are visible by default. Furthermore, it s...
- 03:07 PM Bug #4294 (New): Kepler should meet established accessibility guidelines.
- As a federally funded project, Kepler should meet accessibility guidelines so that people with disabilities are able ...
- 03:05 PM Bug #4293 (New): Run, Pause, and Stop should be in the menu, not just the toolbar.
- Currently, Kepler does not meet accessibility guidelines. Run, Pause, and Stop can only be accessed via the toolbar, ...
- 02:57 PM Bug #4292 (New): Menu items should display the same icon as buttons with the same functionality.
- It is good practice to display the same icon in the menu as is shown on a toolbar if a toolbar exists. All functions ...
- 02:55 PM Bug #4291 (New): The main menu bar should not change based on the location of focus.
- Currently in Kepler, if you are editing a workflow, the menu bar has a rich set of commands. However, if you change f...
- 02:49 PM Bug #4290 (In Progress): Separate the GUI from the execution engine.
- The GUI needs to be separated from the execution engine so that it is easy to develop specialized GUIs for a particul...
- 02:42 PM Bug #4289 (New): Develop strategy for using assertions in the GUI
- We need a strategy for making use of assertions. It is important to limit the potential states that the GUI can be in...
- 02:41 PM Bug #4288 (New): Develop GUI error handling strategy.
- We need to think about how various sorts of errors should be handled. Some should cause immediate failure while other...
- 02:40 PM Bug #4287 (In Progress): Separate user error messages from developer error messages.
- An error in the GUI should never display a nonsensical stack trace to the user. All stack traces involving the GUI an...
- 02:32 PM Bug #4286 (Resolved): Changes to the GUI before 2.0
- This bug is meant to be blocked by all changes to the GUI that must occur before the 2.0 release.
- 02:31 PM Bug #3724: composite's ports cannot be renamed from within composite--add context menu?
- I think this should be fixed for the 2.0 release. It is awkward not being able to edit port names in place. I sugge...
- 02:27 PM Bug #4112: make kepler use OSX dialog boxes
- I think we should consider requiring users to upgrade to Java 1.6 Update 12 or higher for Kepler 2.0.
Before then, i...
- 02:16 PM Bug #4112: make kepler use OSX dialog boxes
- This would be great because it apparently would allow me to quickly save or load workflows in my home directory, etc....
- 09:54 AM Bug #4112: make kepler use OSX dialog boxes
- In order to do this, we need to not use JFileChooser and instead use java.awt.FileDialog. This is the only way to ge...
- 02:21 PM Bug #4068: File Menu should display 5 most recently used workflows
- I think a list of MRU workflows in the File menu is important to have for the 2.0 release.
- 02:03 PM Bug #4285 (New): workflow canvas does not repack to fill empty space when top window is resized
- On Ubuntu 9.04/JRE 1.5_0_18 the workflow canvas does not repack automatically when the main window is resized. For ...
- 01:39 PM Bug #4140: Workflow Run Manager - delete runs functionality needs to be written
- with r20207 now doing data table cleanup each time execution(s) deleted.
- 03:48 PM Bug #4278: Changes to a reopened KAR are not saved to the new KAR
- one thing that I noticed was that when resaving to a KAR with the same file name, I did not see any indication (in th...
- 03:39 PM Bug #4197: Waterflow TPC demo - tracking bug
- I've gotten this working in the trunk now - after merging and patching up some new errors.
Ran the base workflow kar ...
- 02:05 PM Bug #4191: Eclipse build is slow the first time "Copying resources to the output folder"
- I think this has to do with having many projects in eclipse that depend on each other. Try turning off "build automa...
- 11:30 AM Bug #4191: Eclipse build is slow the first time "Copying resources to the output folder"
- I ran into this when trying to setup eclipse this morning. I couldn't see any reason for it. I ended up killing ecl...
- 11:25 AM Bug #4259: Fix the 'ant javadoc' command
- Most of our jars only contain class files so adding them to the classpath does not seem to get rid of the warnings as...
- 08:36 AM Bug #4277: Report Designer - Add drop down selection list to the properties table.
- the sort of widgets we'd need [so far] are:
-text area for free text (already have that)
-combo box (two or more alph...
- 08:31 AM Bug #4183: Kepler gives error on command+Q
- i remember chad fixing this a while back. verified that i get no error on os x
- 08:24 AM Bug #4187: When running with reporting suite, a blank canvas is considered changed and unsaved
- i'm not finding this to be the case. tried on two installations of kepler (wrp suite)
- 08:18 AM Bug #4187: When running with reporting suite, a blank canvas is considered changed and unsaved
- we had this problem a while back - i thought i'd fixed it.
taking another look.
- 04:09 PM Bug #2123: need a way to uniquely identify actor in a workflow and locate it
- The hooking up this highlighting feature with the 'Outline' tab would be a great first step!
- 04:07 PM Bug #3273: Improve authentication dialogue so that the reason for authentication is clear
- Now the authentication domain is missing from the title bar. This should be readded - as soon as authentication is wo...
- 04:05 PM Bug #4153: report-overrides
- think this was mis-categorized in SANParks
- 04:04 PM Bug #3951: Report Viewer - improve TOC panel
- this is extremely low-priority IMO
- 03:13 PM Bug #4147: Error message with selectable text
- Using a JTextField does not wrap text, so we use a JTextArea.
I'm closing this one, but let's keep an eye out for imp...
- 02:30 PM Bug #3801: open dialog, common places pane has white box instead of text
- This is fixed in the Ptolemy tree.
I added ptolemy.actor.JFileChooserBugFix and modified ptolemy.gui.Top.
- 02:28 PM Bug #4282 (Resolved): Duplicate of ptolemy.gui.Top
- I'm creating a bug for this so that it does not get lost and because
this will block bug# 3801.
I don't have the ...
- 01:49 PM Bug #4259: Fix the 'ant javadoc' command
- The classpath was not being added to the javadoc command so I'm trying that to see if the errors go away. A lot of t...
- 01:21 PM Bug #4281 (In Progress): ant update produces message about running svn cleanup
- Under Windows 2003 Server, running "ant update" produces a message
about a file being locked and suggesting running ...
- 12:46 PM Bug #4258: Add java 1.6 to nightly build
- The kepler nightly build now uses java 1.6 on the fedora core 9 machine. When more of the platforms have java 1.6 in...
- 11:39 AM Bug #4280 (Resolved): ant task fails under Windows
- ant task fails under Window.
bash-3.2$ svn co https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/trunk/modules/build-area...
- 10:51 AM Bug #4279: FOP give image error on some systems (linux, windows so far)
- Turns out the JAI image reader for PNGs was the culprit. There's a Sun image reader that is also registered, but the ...
- 12:31 AM Bug #4022: undesired file:\ prefix added by FileParameter
The problem was that ptolemy.gui.Query was calling URI.relativize() but
not reconverting the URI back to a fil...
- 04:29 PM Bug #4279: FOP give image error on some systems (linux, windows so far)
- Preliminary testing:
-recreated the error on my Ubuntu machine.
-upgraded the Apache Commons IO jar to 1.4 (from 1.3)...
- 04:29 PM Bug #4279 (Resolved): FOP give image error on some systems (linux, windows so far)
- When adding image (png) output from the R actor, we were getting odd image IO errors from the Apache-FOP classes. It'...
- 11:38 AM Bug #4278 (Resolved): Changes to a reopened KAR are not saved to the new KAR
- First encountered this in south africa:
-make a new workflow
-save as kar
- 04:27 PM Bug #4251: Workflow Run Manager - wrong rows when operating on re-sorted table
- Haven't had any problems with this, closing.
- 10:01 AM Bug #4277 (Resolved): Report Designer - Add drop down selection list to the properties table.
- Currently, when the user wants to set the properties for a report item, they have to type the property value into a c...
- 09:37 AM Bug #4270: RExpression exports special characters in strings as the 2 character escaped sequence
- I did a little digging, and the escape sequences R uses in deparsing (core of dput) seems to be handled in the Encode...
- 09:08 AM Bug #4274: Metacat authentication fails under trunk, not under pre-alpha branch
- This is a larger authentication service/GUI issue.
I've tried rolling back a change made to the org.kepler.authentica...
- 07:34 AM Bug #4272: RExpression cannot handle irregular Record tokens
- We can now handle variable length record tokens.
For the RecordToken:
We end up with this in the REx...
- 06:47 AM Bug #4271: RExpression fails when options(echo = FALSE) is set
- Even if the RExpression script has echo=FALSE, we set it to TRUE before exporting objects to the ports.
Committed to ...
- 06:39 AM Bug #4271: RExpression fails when options(echo = FALSE) is set
- I remember Kevin Drury had this problem ages ago (and neither of us knew enough about R to realize what the problem ...
- 06:36 AM Bug #4270: RExpression exports special characters in strings as the 2 character escaped sequence
- this change is committed to trunk
- 06:34 AM Bug #4270: RExpression exports special characters in strings as the 2 character escaped sequence
- Thanks to Apache Commons, I think this is the answer:
Also available in: Atom